Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Yes, but I also have craft new leggo and the whole "send your alts soul ash" thing goes to bin because you won't have any to spare. I mean IDK how did this domination gem system left a whiteboard and was not cleaned off by janitor because even a person who doesn't even understand anything about WoW would see this idea as a bullshit crap. System on top of system, but new system fucks ups the old one.
    I guess Blizzard were showing interns how NOT TO DO game design, but some of the interns thought it's what they want because they were not paying attention.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, so I just read whole comment of yours.
    You literally have no clue what you are even talking about. Stop pretending that you do, because you don't, trust me.
    Dude the domination gem system is really not that much different than a generic tier set system. The only difference is that you'll want all 5 pieces of domination gear.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    Yes, more outrage, more! Every small detail I dislike needs to cause a shitstorm!!!

This community's entire shtick is being outraged and angry at everything Blizzard does, no matter how small and inconsequential. It's getting to the point of being embarassing.

Recrafting a Legendary will be no problem at all, since you get much more Soul Ash from normal runs and you can even do a run on an alt and send Ash over to your main. Getting a Rank 4 Legendary again is a matter of a few Torghast runs and doable in a single week easily.

But I know thats too much logic and reason for this forum. Let the fake outrage continue.
    Yeah if people only had 1 legendary, that might be even close to true. But fuck everyone who has several legendaries, several specs, several alts, right? Fuck everyone who spent literally several hundred k gold on getting their profession recipes up to rank 4, for a recipe that is now 100% useless if it's on the wrong slot.

"small and inconsequential" my ass

You're getting increased Soul Ash from Torghast after 9.1 released, quit your bitching. It's not nearly as big of a problem as you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Dude the domination gem system is really not that much different than a generic tier set system. The only difference is that you'll want all 5 pieces of domination gear.
    Well, no one is saying the gem system is bad. People are not mad about there being gems. People are mad, because the "meaningful choice" they did in 9.0 when they spent six-digit amounts of money and several weeks worth of Torghast farming on legendaries, which are now useless for literally no reason other than Blizzard saying "fuck you" to everyone who has the wrong slot.

/edit: Also, it's quite different from tier set in 2 very important ways: 1) they're the exact same for every class and spec. Tier sets usually really change or improve the way a spec plays because of their very unique bonuses, and 2) there's no transmog associated with the gems, which is also important for some players

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be great if everyone here and elsewhere stopped with the bullshit implying that you need to make a choice between one game and another.

As for recrafting legendaries: that's one of the problems with the idea of gear never improving but needing to be reacquired all the time. Sometimes it's easy and cheap; sometimes not.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2021-06-24 at 07:52 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

You can also send Soul Ash from one char to another. And I don't think just about everyone will get domination item&gem drop for their legendary slot right away.

As always this will be a problem for about a 1000 players in the world (of warcraft) who compete for world first, but those don't even complain as it's normal preperation for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Some classes have their BiS legendaries not line up with dom sockets, some do. As a DH I have to recraft, as a paladin I don't. Luck of the draw

but OP, who cares? It's like 10k gold and a bit of torghast farming (soul ash is no longer weekly capped, and you get more for the first completion)
    It's stupid that it's a thing in the first place. They said they weren't adding more new borrowed power systems, instead expanding existing ones. Yet here we are with a new borrowed power system that's directly conflicting with one of the already existing ones. And then next tier once Domination Shards are gone again, we'll need to recraft again to work around tier sets most likely. It's just absurd that they didn't plan ahead at all with the legendary system.
    Then there's the issue of socketing legendaries which shouldn't be a thing in the first place, they should just come with a socket by default.

It's also significantly more than 10k gold if you're not a clothie.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    You're getting increased Soul Ash from Torghast after 9.1 released, quit your bitching. It's not nearly as big of a problem as you think.
    It being a problem at all is completely unnecessary. There was no reason to add Domination Shards, certainly not this idiotic implementation that forces recrafting of legendaries.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    That's a pretty big difference, considering the problem stems from needing to use all 5 instead of only 2 or 4 out of 5 or 6.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    You can also send Soul Ash from one char to another. And I don't think just about everyone will get domination item&gem drop for their legendary slot right away.

As always this will be a problem for about a 1000 players in the world (of warcraft) who compete for world first, but those don't even complain as it's normal preperation for them.
    I'm not competing for world first, but I'm still pissed that the items I spent ~200k gold on (which for me is not a small amount), and that I reluctantly farmed Torghast for, are now useless.

If I would have levelled the leatherworking/mail professions to craft the items myself (like some of my friends did), I would be even more pissed. The cost to level those is insane, due to the high leather prices, and if you leveled the wrong slot you literally just burned money for a profession recipe where the demand drops so low, that it's basically worthless now.

Quote Originally Posted by neescher View Post
    Yeah if people only had 1 legendary, that might be even close to true. But fuck everyone who has several legendaries, several specs, several alts, right? Fuck everyone who spent literally several hundred k gold on getting their profession recipes up to rank 4, for a recipe that is now 100% useless if it's on the wrong slot.

"small and inconsequential" my ass
    Exactly! People complain about the whole thing, not only about the ash (which is still overwhelming in the cases you mention). Feels like they are designing the game as we are going, they don't have a unitary vision of an entire expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    Meanwhile, FFXIV's combat is still strictly worse than WoW, so the game is literally not worth playing.
    If your only metric is combat then yes that's true. Classic had strictly worse combat than BfA, did this mean that Classic wasn't worth playing?

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    ok this is jsut fucking tiring at this point wowhead did a fucking outrageous fucking abyssmal job at explaining all this, so fuck them, here we go.

1. you only need 3 peices of the domination gear, and with 5 slots of it, you dont need to replace your legendary, because you only need 3.
    the 3 set bonus is the only actual reason you use the gems, the gems on their own are pretty fucking dog shit like dear god
    "1.5% increased single target damage"
    "3% damage to targets whos % current health is 50% lower then your % current health"
    and shit like that, its fucking garbage.

2. with the upgrading of legendaries you can skip straight to 2 or 3 or 4 or even 5 or 6. so you dont need to "recraft" your current legendary, just instead of upgrading your current one, you craft a new one

3. "powerful domination items,"
    is a fucking hilarious sentence, they are not powerful, they are weak as fucking shit.

- - - Updated - - -

the gems are unique. and that is exactly how it works, you only need 3 of them, after that the gems are fucking garbage like holy shit.

- - - Updated - - -

you have to do torghast anyways to get soul cinders to craft rank 5/6 so you just go ahead and craft them rank 5/6 right away, as you get soul cinders you will get soul ash.
    You don't need only 3 pieces, you need to use all 5 (or at the very least 4, swapping in the "damage after hitting a new target" one situationally as 5th). 1.5% increased single target damage (it's not actually single target, but let's pretend it is) is a big difference, especially considering it doesn't take stat budget. You get it for free.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    If your only metric is combat then yes that's true. Classic had strictly worse combat than BfA, did this mean that Classic wasn't worth playing?
    Yes, it does.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Oh no, have to spend 5000 of your 24350 soul ash you have anyway and in 9.1 you get like 80% more than now. recrafting legendaries is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    Oh no, have to spend 5000 of your 24350 soul ash you have anyway and in 9.1 you get like 80% more than now. recrafting legendaries is fine.
    It's not just about soul ash, although that's also fairly annoying.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    It's also significantly more than 10k gold if you're not a clothie.

It being a problem at all is completely unnecessary. There was no reason to add Domination Shards, certainly not this idiotic implementation that forces recrafting of legendaries.
    The rest of your post isn't worth responding to, I'll just address these two things.

a) Legendary costs are absolutely free of charge (outside of vendor mats). You choose to buy them off the AH, so that's on you. Personally I have a druid that I mine/skin on for maybe 2 hours a week, and that's gotten me everything I'd ever need. There's an argument to be made, certainly, about having to grind for things. But that's WoW. You can do it, or you can pay to skip it. Blizzard isn't forcing you to do shit.

b) Again, nobody is forcing you to do anything. The ones who say Blizzard "didn't plan ahead" are just looking for excuses as to their own problems. Increasing soul ash generation from Torghast is the definition of planning ahead. It's a non-factor. As for being necessary or not... Nothing Blizzard does is 'necessary' - that is such a weird argument.

PS: If you have all these apparent alts where you're spending lots of gold ... You also have plenty of alts to do callings and mission table stuff on, to get you all the gold you'll ever need. You're just wanting to be outraged over things that most players don't see any real problem with. As others in the thread have stated, it's widely accepted as something you have to do, to progress.

inb4 I get called a blizzard white knight/apologist/any other random insult, to try and 'counter' the things I'm saying.

Soul Ash (used for legendary ranks 1-4) is no longer capped. Soul Cinders (used for the new legendary ranks) are capped, just like Soul Ash was in 9.0
    I did my research and you are right...BUT...we wont receive the same amount of soul ash on subsequent runs as we receive in the first run.
    How much is not yet known.

Knowing Blizzard...i bet you will receice...humm...let me calculate for a bit how much Blizzard is Blizzard...humm...i bet we will receive -50% soul ash on repeat floors.
    Place your bets.

I do have 2 max level characters with layer 8 unlocked...that might come in handy considering we can send to other chars.
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2021-06-24 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    The rest of your post isn't worth responding to, I'll just address these two things.

a) Legendary costs are absolutely free of charge (outside of vendor mats). You choose to buy them off the AH, so that's on you. Personally I have a druid that I mine/skin on for maybe 2 hours a week, and that's gotten me everything I'd ever need. There's an argument to be made, certainly, about having to grind for things. But that's WoW. You can do it, or you can pay to skip it. Blizzard isn't forcing you to do shit.

b) Again, nobody is forcing you to do anything. The ones who say Blizzard "didn't plan ahead" are just looking for excuses as to their own problems. Increasing soul ash generation from Torghast is the definition of planning ahead. It's a non-factor.

PS: If you have all these apparent alts where you're spending lots of gold ... You also have plenty of alts to do callings and mission table stuff on, to get you all the gold you'll ever need. You're just wanting to be outraged over things that most players don't see any real problem with. As others in the thread have stated, it's widely accepted as something you have to do, to progress.

inb4 I get called a blizzard white knight/apologist/any other random insult, to try and 'counter' the things I'm saying.
    a) that still costs you gold, because you could've sold those mats instead. It's wild how people somehow still don't understand this.

b) they literally didn't plan ahead. They added a new system that conflicts with one of the baseline systems of the expansion to the point where they had to add new slots for a bunch of legendaries to work around the new system.

I have plenty of gold. That doesn't mean I want to spend it on dumb shit just because Blizzard can't design systems (and unlike you, I can recognize that there's people with much less gold than me for whom legendary crafting is immensely expensive). And yes, they absolutely are forcing me to recraft legendaries to work around Domination Shards, because otherwise I'm throwing away DPS.

And yes, you're absolutely a Blizzard apologist. You're excusing design that's hostile to players.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2021-06-24 at 08:13 AM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

I'm not competing for world first, but I'm still pissed that the items I spent ~200k gold on (which for me is not a small amount), and that I reluctantly farmed Torghast for, are now useless.
    You do know that you can make a new legendary rank 5/6 right away without doing rank 4 before?

You're losing nothing expect Soul Ash which will be infinitely farmable in 9.1 if you don't have enough yet. Which would be strange since you knew for a couple weeks now and could have farmed 5150 already.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    I really like to whine in every single post I make, because I have nothing better to do.
    a) That's like saying me growing my own tomatoes and carrots to eat is costing me money, because I could have sold them. It doesn't work like that.

b) Making new slots, and increasing the ability to gain them in future, is indeed planning ahead.

c) Don't spend it, then, if you don't want to.

d) Thanks for proving my point, that you just want to be outraged over every little thing that Blizzard does. Easiest ignore I've ever done.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, no one is saying the gem system is bad. People are not mad about there being gems. People are mad, because the "meaningful choice" they did in 9.0 when they spent six-digit amounts of money and several weeks worth of Torghast farming on legendaries, which are now useless for literally no reason other than Blizzard saying "fuck you" to everyone who has the wrong slot.

/edit: Also, it's quite different from tier set in 2 very important ways: 1) they're the exact same for every class and spec. Tier sets usually really change or improve the way a spec plays because of their very unique bonuses, and 2) there's no transmog associated with the gems, which is also important for some players
    It's not like the legendaries cost an absurd amount of gold - they are actually quite cheap. If you don't have the gold to recraft one, you are doing something wrong in this game haha.

Also, I said "they are basically generic tier sets". Generic sets that have a bonus if you use 3/5, aswell as another two small boni if you use all 5. And the transmog from the gems comes with the armor pieces themself .... just like tier sets (who also had non set pieces^^).
    Last edited by Lady Atia; 2021-06-24 at 08:18 AM.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

15+ Year Old Account
    I told you guys 1 week after release that Blizz will force you back to TG and force you to craft new leggos in the next patch I say it again: this will happen again in the next patch, if there is one.