View Poll Results: Do you hate the graphics of reforged?

Voters
507. This poll is closed
  • Love it!

199 39.25%
  • Hate it!

308 60.75%
    Quote Originally Posted by JavelinJoe View Post
    Yeah but I didn't say that did I Rrayy, but apparently you cant read, or you're just trying to cause trouble? I said quote.
    You implied it which means you meant it. Now your are trying to s[pin out of it by going on this straw man.

The people who were in control, the people who did own the company and could control those things that created that love/perception in the community, are no longer there, or no longer in control. Thats a fact. Thats what happens when most companies go public.
    There are people who are still there. The devs are the ones who made the game. They are the ones who ones who created the perception because they produced the content.

So yes, the people in charge are corporate bloodsuckers, they care nothing more than appeasing the shareholders, that's got nothing to do with the designers/developers, I didn't say that, you're the one trying to twist words.
    So you are indeed calling them "corporate bloodsuckers as the people in charge are not the ones making the games. The devs are.

The utter IRONY that you say "You imply it." Wait.. Was that an opinion Rrayy? I feel like this is a quote onto myself. Opinions arent allowed, you cant imply things Rrayy, prove that I meant that.
    THe implication is clear. Strop trying to worm your way out of it and just own it.

- Another opinion about something which you have no knowledge of, which is what I believe.

- Yep I know that, I just said I'm a dev myself.
    Apparently you don't because they are the "corporate blooduskers" who put the content out.

Zzzzzzzzz ok Rrayy glad to have a resident expert on this preaching to me. I know that better than you, and I'm not calling the devs bloodsuckers, you're making up things now. I said the original people that made Blizzard what it is, as gone, replaced with bloodsuckers, ie, the hierarchy.
    Youu know nothing better than me, specifically when it comes to Blizzard. Unless you are a dev or management, you only know as much as anyone else looking in from the outside.

The same is true of almost every major publically owned entertainment company. The people at the top are not nearly as interested in their product or their fans as they are in the interests of the shareholder.

Byeeeeee Rrayy, I have no interest in arguing what I believe with you.
    Prove it. The irony is you are doing here what you accuse me of.
    Last edited by rrayy; 2021-04-25 at 07:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    For those who are following the Re-Reforged Campaign here, check this out! The first chapter of the Human Campaign:

Ignoring the odd look of a shirt while having a nose ring...

So the community ends up fixing yet another high profile title from a big gaming house where there really shouldn't be a shortage of funds for these projects. I mean it's one of the big games that launched everything really for Blizzard and it's thrown away like it's nothing.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by JavelinJoe View Post
    People who are still there, the devs who make the game. Who have no fucking control over what budget, design, are heavily restricted and limited rrayy. Its clear you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, you've clearly got 0 clue how publically owned companies operate or how entertainment companies operate.
    But they do have control over what goers in the game and that includes design. So, they are the ones who make the content that create the perception of the company ergo what you call "corporate bloodsuckers". Those in charge only care that you make money and won't step in unless you aren't.

- Well this just proves you know a grand total of zero on this subject matter. If you think the devs are in charge. No comment.
    IN charge of game design and developement? They absolutely are. Those at the top have far more than just WoW to look at. They don't micro manage.

More accusations and opinions Rrayy, its not looking good for you, you're looking like a huge hypocrite right now. Dont put words in my mouth, and don't assume what I'm trying to say. Feel free to ask for clarification, but don't even bother to put a word in my mouth
    It is clear by implication what you are trying to say. Just own it. Nobody is going to think of you any different.

You're still trying to fucking go down this route? Im literally a dev, I couldn't give a fuck if you think I'm not lol. What are you even trying to prove with these ridiculous statements. The people at the top who appease the shareholder are not the ones putting the content out, they're the ones giving orders on what content to put out. tf are you even talking about. Stop talking like you understand this world when you clearly don't, it just makes you look like something.
    They do not tell Ion ands Co what to put out. I GUARANTEE they didn't tell Ion to put out Shadowlands as an expansion. All they tell Ion & Co is do to put out an expansion, what budget they have to make one, and a rough schedule of what content release should be.

L.M.F.A.O. How many times must I say this. Ironically, I am a lead dev, and I now run a game dev company, so jog on! Reading this comment just makes me fucking burst out laughing. You're literally telling someone who has spent their entire adult life in the entertainment industry that they don't know more than you. I guess you're just a fucking oracle Rrayy, are you available to hire?
    Not buying this for a second as anyone can claim they are anything in the internet.

Difference is I don't deny that I use my opinion on a forum, I stand by my opinions. What are you even doing, you're sitting here telling a developer that they don't know more than you do about the entertainment industry, that they don't know how publically traded entertainment industry companies operate, that the people at the top arent the ones directing the ones at the bottom what content to put out. And all of this, that I cant have an opinion on. Fascinating. Dont you have something better to do with your time than to sit here typing this rubbish. Why don't you go and get a job in the industry or found your own company then come back and tell me again.
    Wrong I am telling a poster who doesn't work at Blizzard that he doesn't know more than me, who also doesn't work at Blizzard. Unless you work there, you know nothing more than anyone else who doesn't work at Blizzard.
    Last edited by rrayy; 2021-04-25 at 08:52 PM.

A bit late to the party... Is this game worth it for nostalgia reasons? I loved the original game back then. Just for the campaign.
    I have zero intention of playing custom games, multiplayer etc

10+ Year Old Account

shoutout to @matrix123mko for the concept arts that allowed this to happen!
    Man those modders deserve so much credit... I love this so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post

So the community ends up fixing yet another high profile title from a big gaming house where there really shouldn't be a shortage of funds for these projects. I mean it's one of the big games that launched everything really for Blizzard and it's thrown away like it's nothing.
    It really is so sad to see. ITs the title that put Blizzard on the map. They have just washed their hands of it letting us all know that there was no care, planning, passion, dedication or love put into this game. Its half assed tripe, if anything Blizzard need to not only apologies and recognise they failed with this game, but try and make it better. That Diablo 2 Resurrected is looking good, get those guys to revive this corpse of a game. Although at this rate the modders are doing it for them, they seem to care way more than Blizzard does.

Quote Originally Posted by renatompassos View Post
    A bit late to the party... Is this game worth it for nostalgia reasons? I loved the original game back then. Just for the campaign.
    I have zero intention of playing custom games, multiplayer etc
    If you just wanna play the campaign with updated graphics then sure why not. Some of the stages are slightly altered from the original but it isnt too far removed :P
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-04-25 at 08:57 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    try this one instead:

The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

3+ Year Old Account

Showcasing the Dwarven Clans and Trolldaeron's concept arts
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

3+ Year Old Account

3+ Year Old Account
    Lemme just share here my recent custom Reforged models:

Salramm the Fleshcrafter: https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads...rafter.333172/

Cultist: https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads...n-mage.333150/

3+ Year Old Account
    to those who don't purchase Reforged but still have older versions, check this out!

3+ Year Old Account
    Thought I should just share the first Reforged HD Modeling Contest: https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads...esults.333605/

First place, "Arc Lancer" by Moonman: https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/arc-lancer.332808/

Second place, "Forest Troll Shadow Hunter" by Bagysta: https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads...hunter.332869/

Third place, "Mo'arg Houndmaster" by Raddazong: https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads...master.332852/

Fourth place, "Female Villager Hunter" by BurnedSmackdown: https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads...hunter.332880/

Fifth place, "Draenei Shield Maiden" by Superfrycook: https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads...maiden.332889/

Last edited by Ardenaso; 2021-06-24 at 07:38 AM.

So much effort wasted on this pile of crap.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    So much effort wasted on this pile of crap.
    come on man please don't say that, we have these modders working hard to make Reforged presentable for players at least

come on man please don't say that, we have these modders working hard to make Reforged presentable for players at least
    Reforged should NOT look presentable, that is doing marketing job for Blizzard that they dont deserve. Let it look how it really is, a festering corpse.

3+ Year Old Account
    New Quenching Mod update: featuring custom campaigns!

3+ Year Old Account

So it’s basically what we expected: total mismanagement and Blizzard never really cared much for it. They just want all of their effort put into their big titles which is just Diablo and more Hearthstone/WoW expansions. Now they just pretend that the game doesn’t even exist and hope that we don’t either.
    Last edited by McNeil; 2021-07-22 at 10:19 PM.

Been pretty much saying this before this article existed.

A lot of it is Activision pressures and mishandling the game. Devs did what they could, but it really wasn't enough because the project was mismanaged from the start.

Really a shame on Blizzard to have chosen to release the game in an unfinished state as well, and shame that they have no plans to invest on a course correction.

Showcasing the Dwarven Clans and Trolldaeron's concept arts
    This reminds me of how much I would love to see a true dwarven army with the forces of the three reunited clans, with warriors, magic users (bronzebeard mages, priests, paladins; wildhammer shamans and druids, and dark iron pyromancers, void users and pyromancers) and technology (bronzebeard tanks, gyrocopters, canons, siege engines; dark iron golems, normal or enhanced with machines, their own canons and tanks, mole machines, etc...).

3+ Year Old Account