Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    And the video isn't my experience. I've seen people drift away in every expansion. Probably get the most alone in TBC when my small guild broke up after the tank and healer left, and most of them drifted away.

Though my experience of the "community" has never really been that great tbh, in that I just don't bother interacting with anyone outside whatever guild I'm in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwijello View Post
    Seems like the video triggered some people. All I see is truth. That was EXACTLY my experience. Standing all alone at the end. People don't even tell you goodbye anymore. Friendships aren't real. They are beneficial transactions.

Regardless of what is going on behind the scenes, the video depiction of the cities and friendslist dwindling in population is not a lie.
    Most people I've seen leave have never given a big goodbye tbh, I'd say friendships have always been transactional in WoW, for the most part

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immamoonkin View Post
    Funny you post this animation after this from today: https://www.ign.com/articles/bobby-kotick-salary-vote

"Activision-Blizzard shareholders have just barely approved the company's controversial executive compensation plan, which will pay CEO Bobby Kotick’s $154.6 million."

Blizzard is gone.
    you do know that its controversial cause its a 50% pay cut right?
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/reduced...oved-by-323019

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Immamoonkin View Post
    He's the boss of Ion. All that money going to him could have gone to the 800 people they fired.

I'm amazed I have to explain why this jerk making more money reflects on all the games as a whole.
    and they agree, so they cut his pay by 50%.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Stood in the Fire Grimalkin of Old's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The amounts of whataboutism in this thread are heartwarming.

You can still choose a Carbot image as your launcher avatar, amongst all of the other Carbot content in Blizzard games currently. I don't think Blizzard cares anywhere near as much about this animation as you think they do.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Just a shame he gets the majority of his money through bonuses, which was not cut.
    RETH

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeebs View Post
    Same thing goes for every corporation, CEO pay is fucked everywhere, its not just a blizzard thing, its every publisher that isnt super indie (and the super indie games, even when their gamplay is top tier like unrailed or among us, or stardew, cant compete on production quality)
    And then there are (or was, sadly) good guys like Satoru Iwata, the former CEO of Nintendo, that cut his payment by half, so when they had hard times, cause the wii u sucked in sales, no employee had to leave the company.

He was the best... He didnt made his job for money, he made it cause it was his passion.

much better then kotik who fired 800 people, only 137 of them blizzard, and none of them developers, the rest of the 800 were other teams.
    Great strategy: fire non-developers, get developers to cover for (some of) them, they proudly claim you didn't fire any developers.
    Last edited by Osmeric; 2021-06-24 at 10:56 AM.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I love how much this video triggers people on this forum. So much for being a safe space for WoW shills

I love this video. Watched it far too many times already. But ofcourse the people here over-analyze everything.

You sad sad people. You mustn't find enjoyment in anything. I pity you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I love how much this video triggers people on this forum. So much for being a safe space for WoW shills
    "Safe space for wow shills"? What? Literally never heard anyone EVER say that.

If anythin this is a 'safe space for wow haters'.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

7+ Year Old Account
    I love how this video triggers blizzard shills
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    You really didn't find anyone you enjoyed playing with so much that you exchanged numbers and still talk to?
    Not in the end. All these so called friends just leave and then ghost everyone. The people I do still talk to no longer play.

Pretty funny that they try to make Anduin look badass but it will never work since all i still see is the silly little boy king with his face.
    They should start putting a helm on his head if they want to make him look the part.

How did this go from a "ARTWORK SHOWCASE" post to corporate greed within the first post?

That is the American Dream, Capitalism at its finest. This is how it works. It's what makes us free. Instead, some of you would rather it make your minds a slave to it.

that video made so happy and then sad

I have not seen an animation generate this much pure copium in a hot minute. Only with Blizzard fans can cash shop whales paint themselves as histories greatest victim.

you do know that its controversial cause its a 50% pay cut right?
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/reduced...oved-by-323019

- - - Updated - - -

You realize that is nothing compared to the 155m? Base salary and bonuses are pennies compared to that. Read the link you linked. He's losing about 1.75m by cutting 50% off his annual bonuses.

50% looks big if you don't know how to read it. Maybe leave the number interpretations to people who have jobs that aren't just studying WoW.

3+ Year Old Account
    That video made me sad and I started playing in MoP
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Absolutely love Carbot, but man that kicked me right in the feel buttons.

Video was on point, but the white knights will get offended that it even exists. How DARE some popular WoW player say something negative about WoW? Anyone who couldn't see the exact things as this video are in deeeeeeeeeeeeep denial, or delusional.