Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterMoody View Post
    he solution is build shit tons of capacity to meet the demand.
    Considering the demand will probably fall again and that it takes 5-10 years to make a fab, that is an awful idea

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Considering the demand will probably fall again and that it takes 5-10 years to make a fab, that is an awful idea
    He literally copy/pasted that post from the first page; all 9 of his posts are copy/pasted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    He literally copy/pasted that post from the first page; all 9 of his posts are copy/pasted.
    Doesn't surprise me, but the point bears repeating that it's not a solution

10+ Year Old Account
    Just when I thought I couldn't dislike NVIDIA any more. Enter for a chance to purchase a GPU!
    https://www.windowscentral.com/nvidi...-stricken-gpus

No it isn't, stop spreading misinformation. It's that there just isn't enough silicon production in the world right now. Literally all silicon fabs are running at 100%, and have for A LITERAL YEAR, and it's still not enough.

If it was just Crypto, you'd be able to buy consoles, CPUs, and hell, car manufacturers wouldn't be running out of chips either.
    I have heard about the silicon issues,i havent looked in to it much,heard people were looking to sell old phones for the materials in it being pretty valuable now,i wonder whats going to happen if this keeps up

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    I have heard about the silicon issues,i havent looked in to it much,heard people were looking to sell old phones for the materials in it being pretty valuable now,i wonder whats going to happen if this keeps up
    Well for starters, in my corner of the world used cars are higher priced than brand new ones; the caveat being that you'd have to wait several months in order to get that new car due to lack of existing inventory and the chip shortage bringing production to a near halt.
    Last edited by Bryntrollian; 2021-06-24 at 01:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Just when I thought I couldn't dislike NVIDIA any more. Enter for a chance to purchase a GPU!
    You'd rather they be picked up instantly by scalpers?

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    THE PRIVILEGE OF PAYING ONLY 1450$ FOR A 3080Ti

hahaha this is total bu*****t. The 3080Ti is already an overpriced card, "just" a 250$ premium on top. Agree it's better than scalpers, but it's still crap. I get it's basically a 3090 with half memory, but it exists only because the 3090 is not a gaming GPU and you can make "double" the cards - it's a cash grab from nvidia.

This serie would have been an incredible one, if it wasn't for the perfect shitstorm

- - - Updated - - -

You'd rather they be picked up instantly by scalpers?
    Chances are most people who would win this will just resell it at scalper prices
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is hoping that in a year or so, Intel enters the market and is competitive enough if the drivers hold up.

Going to be using my 1060GTX with 6Gb ram till prices are more normal again.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Here is hoping that in a year or so, Intel enters the market and is competitive enough if the drivers hold up.

I have serious doubts on the mythical Intel GPU being anything but a gimmick.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    I have serious doubts on the mythical Intel GPU being anything but a gimmick.
    They seem fairly serious about it and are branching out more, time will tell if it works or not but i do not get the impression it is just there for show.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post

The Intel DG2 is supposedly competitive with a 3070 - which is a good sweet spot, if prices are good and performance are actually the ones of a 3070.

The ones reviewed around is a low tier "i cannot get anything better that works" kind of card. WHich actually is still a good market - given now both AMD and NVidia don't care about mid-to-low tier cards and only few people actually want to buy a 3070+ for their machines.

There's literally 1 RTX 3080 being sold in my whole country. the price? 2740 dollars, i fucking love living in Latam

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    The Intel DG2 is supposedly competitive with a 3070 - which is a good sweet spot, if prices are good and performance are actually the ones of a 3070.

The ones reviewed around is a low tier "i cannot get anything better that works" kind of card. WHich actually is still a good market - given now both AMD and NVidia don't care about mid-to-low tier cards and only few people actually want to buy a 3070+ for their machines.
    Having the equivalent of a 3070 available from Intel if drivers are stable and solid would be a good segment to release a product in indeed as both AMD and Nvidia seems to be set on producing more and more higher end cards that simply cost too much for what they offer. I do not know what happened that some people consider paying over 1K euros and even more for a GFX for just gaming to be considered normal, even if you have money to spend it seems like a large waste for the minor gain you get out of it, especially considering at the frequency they are releasing cards nowadays.

Using my 1060 GTX and Doom eternal runs fine and it looks good also, i think people greatly underestimate how well mid-range cards run games in general.

Let us hope Intel can deliver, so that both team red and green have to face an extra competitor.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

10+ Year Old Account
    The Intel DG2 is supposedly competitive with a 3070...
    Looking at the DG1, wich has the performance of a GT1030, and isn't even compatable with all mobo's, i find this stament suspicious for the time being, we will see, but i'm afraid no one on the AMD plataform will actually be able to test the DG2.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    Looking at the DG1, wich has the performance of a GT1030, and isn't even compatable with all mobo's, i find this stament suspicious for the time being, we will see, but i'm afraid no one on the AMD plataform will actually be able to test the DG2.
    It's just what they're saying. Here's an image recapping the info.

DG2 is a serie of cards, and the top tier should be around a 3070ti. DG1 is a model specifically made for OEMs and prebuilt systems to give them a discrete card that doesn't require additional power.

I'm pretty sure first serie won't be good. Especially as you said due to compatibility/drivers. But if the performance proves to be good enough, Intel may have the chance to snatch the low and mid tier market that both AMD and NVidia are neglecting since they cards are more and more expensive every year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chances are most people who would win this will just resell it at scalper prices
    Oh, probably.. But that beats the scalper bots buying up all of them

More specifically, its basically just the new Xe iGPU from the 11th gen chips on its own PCB and with its own RAM. Its meant for the same market that the GT 730 or GT 1030 are aimed at - people who need more monitors or who just need a GPU to make a rig work (like anyone who wants to build an AMD office rig right now given the dearth of good APUs currently).

The DG2 is actually supposed to be a “real” GPU and if the leaks are correct and they can keep the price right, its a welcome addition to the market.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    The DG2 is actually supposed to be a “real” GPU and if the leaks are correct and they can keep the price right, its a welcome addition to the market.
    But judging by the current GPU they have out, they'll need to fix some driver problems before it's ready for prime time

You could buy a decent early-mid 2000's BMW 318i for how much 3090 costs in my country. This is insane.

Checked AMD CPUs too, I mean... you have to be in the upper middle class of income or take out a loan to get yourself a decent rig that will last 4-5 years in to the future for big released and still crank it to mid-high settings. Insanity.