Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    You are 100% wrong, you don't need to recraft ANYTHING, instead farm the new mat, and you can just make a new craft of whatever slot at level 5. Literally no need to level it from 1-4, no sunken gold cost, no time wasted. Take the new crafting mat you earn, and make a brand new one of the slot you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    You are 100% wrong, you don't need to recraft ANYTHING, instead farm the new mat, and you can just make a new craft of whatever slot at level 5. Literally no need to level it from 1-4, no sunken gold cost, no time wasted. Take the new crafting mat you earn, and make a brand new one of the slot you want.
    Then you don't have it until week 2 and you can't socket it using stygia. And it still costs Soul Ash, which is still effectively time wasted, even if it's faster/easier to get than before 9.1. That Ash could've(should've) been spent on new legendary effects to expand your collection, not on remaking ones you already have.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Spoiler alert: the legendarys having that optional extra makes it mandatory to do any high end content.
    What...? Do you have a legendary item yourself? Have you even played SL?

Legendary recipes have multiple item slot options tied to them. That's why something being listed on wowhead in that list does not mean people who have said leggo will have to recraft it. For example most warriors have been using their ring slot for their signet. So the fact that signet is on that list only means that people who previously had it as a bracer will have to recraft it (like myself btw) everyone who had it on their ring slot will not have to do anything.

And also, I never said the change is good. It's definitely bad, I'm just saying it's blown out of proportion, as per usual. Because it will actually affect many less people than people seem to believe. Clickbaity articles and emotional content creators do not help.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Enjoy it.

(Not a big deal btw)

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Then you don't have it until week 2 and you can't socket it using stygia. And it still costs Soul Ash, which is still effectively time wasted, even if it's faster/easier to get than before 9.1.
    You assume you will get the domination socket week one, also you would have had to wait till week 2 to upgrade your legendary from rank 4 to 5 anyways. WORST case scenario you have a dominion socket you don't use week one. For most the player base you will just have to wait till week two to make a new level 5. Also don't forget we don't get mythic till week 2 anyways, so only the heroic first clear that will be affected.

That Ash could've(should've) been spent on new legendary effects to expand your collection, not on remaking ones you already have.
    Okay? People have had months to craft the legendaries they want, and in the new patch you will be able to not only soul ash faster, but infinitely as well. If you are some collection junkie who wants to have every legendary the new patch will make that incredibly easy, and take a lot less time. Its just your first 2 weeks of ash that would be sacked in this case, oooohhh noooooooo.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post

Enjoy it.

(Not a big deal btw)
    Its not? you know you don't have to buy that, or even need that to craft a rank 5 legendary right? You just take the soul ash and the new mat whose name I am forgetting, the level 5 base you would need no matter what, and craft the legendary into the slot you want. People that think you HAVE to have rank 4 to go to 5 make me laugh.
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

More great moves from an inept development team trying to satisfy big bobby k.

Quote Originally Posted by Nootz View Post
    It's either cowardly or having to send everything up and down the corporate style heirarchy ladder. Likely, devs working on the game see feedback and report it but it gets buried in emails and PR would have to review everything blizzard says etc, etc. Also the higher ups get the final say I'm sure and if it doesn't line up with the "blizzard philosophy" that Ion throws around constantly then he just rejects any suggested changes.

I have faith in the guys actually making the things we play. But I have no faith in the direction the leaders are going.

Tom Chilton stopped working on wow after Legion and Ion took over. Then BFA & Shadowlands happened. Not a coincidence in my book.
    It isn't and i've said the same thing, when Ion took over the first order of business was to hire Jay Wilson and the Diablo 3 team and put them on WoW gear design. Is it any wonder that gear has devolved into an uninteresting mess that's clearly inspired by d3?

Its not? you know you don't have to buy that, or even need that to craft a rank 5 legendary right? You just take the soul ash and the new mat whose name I am forgetting, the level 5 base you would need no matter what, and craft the legendary into the slot you want. People that think you HAVE to have rank 4 to go to 5 make me laugh.
    Fairly sure you're wrong.

Far as I know you grab a r4 piece, get a Vestige of Origins (which costs enough as is considering it'll require 40 of stuff that drops from rares in Korthia) with which you can upgrade the r4 piece to 5 and 6, and then you combine it with the Soul Cinders (and potentially missives, depending on whether you're crafting or simply upgrading)

If you got a r4 piece already, my assumption is that you'll just need the Soul Cinders and the Vestige. But this thread is about how you'll need to recraft your legendary in the first place to get the effect on a slot that isn't shared with a Domination Armor piece, so that's not relevant.

And even if you can upgrade from a R1 legendary using just the Vestiges.. do you think the Vestiges will be free or something?
    Last edited by Yarathir; 2021-06-24 at 03:06 PM.

Enjoy it.

(Not a big deal btw)
    Oh wow and I thought my realm prices were bad. Like people didn't have a damn clue saying to me "just craft leggo 4Head" while their bases were like 5k and mine 100k.
    They honestly didnt understand the problem because they didn't have it. Like people on this forum don't see a problem unless they experience it themselves.
    Like devs not understanding why this was garbage idea cause they dont even play the game.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    What...? Do you have a legendary item yourself? Have you even played SL?

Legendary recipes have multiple item slot options tied to them. That's why something being listed on wowhead in that list does not mean people who have said leggo will have to recraft it. For example most warriors have been using their ring slot for their signet. So the fact that signet is on that list only means that people who previously had it as a bracer will have to recraft it (like myself btw) everyone who had it on their ring slot will not have to do anything.

And also, I never said the change is good. It's definitely bad, I'm just saying it's blown out of proportion, as per usual. Because it will actually affect many less people than people seem to believe. Clickbaity articles and emotional content creators do not help.
    And what about those of us NOT lucky enough to have legendary's in convenient slots like rings? We will have to recraft if we want to raid any meaningful content like mythic raids.

it is a bad system my dude, and people are blowing it out of proportion because nearly everything SL has done has been incompetent, half ass, or just poorly designed.

If SL was made by an even 1/4 competent group of devs, this not only wouldn't have happened at all, but it would be a non issue because the rest of the game would be in such great shape

You assume you will get the domination socket week one, also you would have had to wait till week 2 to upgrade your legendary from rank 4 to 5 anyways. WORST case scenario you have a dominion socket you don't use week one. For most the player base you will just have to wait till week two to make a new level 5. Also don't forget we don't get mythic till week 2 anyways, so only the heroic first clear that will be affected.

Okay? People have had months to craft the legendaries they want, and in the new patch you will be able to not only soul ash faster, but infinitely as well. If you are some collection junkie who wants to have every legendary the new patch will make that incredibly easy, and take a lot less time. Its just your first 2 weeks of ash that would be sacked in this case, oooohhh noooooooo.

It's still directly taking soul ash away from crafting actual new legendary effects.

I would be shocked the R5 and R6 base items will be cheaper than the R4s, so the screenshot is pretty relevant.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

It's still directly taking soul ash away from crafting actual new legendary effects.

I would be shocked the R5 and R6 base items will be cheaper than the R4s, so the screenshot is pretty relevant.
    The R5 and R6 base items are crafted with Vestiges of Origins as far as I'm aware.

These are created with some basic Shadowlands profession mats + 40 Korthite Crystals (BoE drops from rare spawns in Korthia, joy) and will upgrade your legendary piece by two ranks if the description is accurate. But we have no idea how much those vestiges will cost, particularly the crystals. If it's it requires 40 crystals to make and according to reports, it's one crystal max or so per rare spawn killed in Korthia, I doubt it'll cost just a 1000 gold.

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/legenda...writers-322953

Having to recraft legendaries in new slots because of the new powerful domination items, how is there not more outrage about this
    Because we weren't bothered to make those legendaries in the first place. Finding the recipes is a chore. Torghast was a chore. I was only bothered to make one legendary and it stayed at ilvl 190 and couldn't bring myself to upgrade it one bit.

So you craft a rank 4 piece and add a vestige during the crafting to make a rank 6 base piece..

So you craft a rank 4 piece and add a vestige during the crafting to make a rank 6 base piece..

Yup, that way you don't have to make 10 rank 4 ones, flooding the market. And you additionally get the boon of the initial system, that of being able to skip all the previous ranks. Just buy the final rank and go straight to the best legendary.

Damn Blizzard, surreptitiously removing this problem long ago just to make the community look bad when they complain again!!
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Yup, that way you don't have to make 10 rank 4 ones, flooding the market. And you additionally get the boon of the initial system, that of being able to skip all the previous ranks. Just buy the final rank and go straight to the best legendary.

Damn Blizzard, surreptitiously removing this problem long ago just to make the community look bad when they complain again!!
    How did they remove the problem, exactly? I still have to craft a legendary in a different slot, and I can't "just buy the final rank" because I don't have the Cinders for that. In fact, I have no Cinders at all by the time Domination Shards can start making my current legendary slot bad.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Fairly sure you're wrong.

Far as I know you grab a r4 piece, get a Vestige of Origins (which costs enough as is considering it'll require 40 of stuff that drops from rares in Korthia) with which you can upgrade the r4 piece to 5 and 6, and then you combine it with the Soul Cinders (and potentially missives, depending on whether you're crafting or simply upgrading)

If you got a r4 piece already, my assumption is that you'll just need the Soul Cinders and the Vestige. But this thread is about how you'll need to recraft your legendary in the first place to get the effect on a slot that isn't shared with a Domination Armor piece, so that's not relevant.

And even if you can upgrade from a R1 legendary using just the Vestiges.. do you think the Vestiges will be free or something?
    You upgrade it during the crafting process, so if you want a R5 you can still buy it at the auction house, if not going with the logic you are crafting it you would need the base mats and the new items, either way something you would have to do if you were upgrading a current legendary already. I am not saying that making a new legendary is free, I am saying it can cost the exact same (thats wrong, you will need 2 massives, my bad) as upgrading a R4 to R5 because you can just get the base of whatever new slot you want and craft a new one at the R5 level.

I mean you would have to pay that cost anyways, for the R5 and R6 base, unless you never planned to upgrade.

How did they remove the problem, exactly? I still have to craft a legendary in a different slot, and I can't "just buy the final rank" because I don't have the Cinders for that. In fact, I have no Cinders at all by the time Domination Shards can start making my current legendary slot bad.
    ? Last I looked on PTR it was 2 weeks to get the cinders for R5, which means mythic raid week you will have the mats to craft it (assuming you can't farm cinders patch release week, if it does you can get R5 before any raids at 2 weeks). That means at worst if you get a heroic dominion slot on your legendary slot you would have problems for that one week, a minor inconvenience. For people not that fortunate to get their dominion socket on their legendary slot it wont be an issue.
    Last edited by bledgor; 2021-06-24 at 03:41 PM.

You upgrade it during the crafting process, so if you want a R5 you can still buy it at the auction house, if not going with the logic you are crafting it you would need the base mats and the new items, either way something you would have to do if you were upgrading a current legendary already. I am not saying that making a new legendary is free, I am saying it can cost the exact same (thats wrong, you will need 2 massives, my bad) as upgrading a R4 to R5 because you can just get the base of whatever new slot you want and craft a new one at the R5 level.

I mean you would have to pay that cost anyways, for the R5 and R6 base, unless you never planned to upgrade.

? Last I looked on PTR it was 2 weeks to get the cinders for R5, which means mythic raid week you will have the mats to craft it. That means at worst if you get a heroic dominion slot on your legendary slot you would have problems for that one week, a minor inconvenience. For people not that fortunate to get their dominion socket on their legendary slot it wont be an issue.
    You'd pay it anyway, but until you can upgrade to R5 you're not just going to run around without a legendary, are you? And yes, it is an inconvenience. That's a bad thing and they should not design dumb shit that causes problems like this. Just because it's not an issue for everybody doesn't mean it's not an issue, how is this a difficult concept to grasp?
    It's very easily solved: add an option at the Runecarver to swap a legendary to another slot at some small % of the total crafting cost of that rank. They created this problem, they should solve it.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2021-06-24 at 03:44 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

You'd pay it anyway, but until you can upgrade to R5 you're not just going to run around without a legendary, are you? And yes, it is an inconvenience. That's a bad thing and they should not design dumb shit that causes problems like this. Just because it's not an issue for everybody doesn't mean it's not an issue, how is this a difficult concept to grasp?
    You use your old legendary??? You are acting like it will take months to get the cinders to make R5 that you won't be able to use your dominion socket, it will take last I looked two weeks to farm, which again if we go with cinders not be available till heroic week means you can get the cinders by mythic raid week, meaning if you are lucky and got your dominion socket (you know, you have to get the drop first) and it is unfortunately on a slot that you are currently using for your legendary, you will have to wait ONE WHOLE WEEK to replace that legendary to use both.

I never said it was not an issue, its a very minor issue that will affect a small portion of the population (considering the few that raid heroic raids, that will clear enough to reach dominion socket bosses and then get the item to drop) for literally the first week of heroic raids of the tier (so a tiny part of the patch). Can you see how this is making a mountain out of a molehill?

It's very easily solved: add an option at the Runecarver to swap a legendary to another slot at some small % of the total crafting cost of that rank. They created this problem, they should solve it.
    They could do this, I wouldn't care either way. I also don't really think it is that much of a problem, again it will be something that affects a tiny % of the population for a tiny% of time.

holding off with recrafting, don't see what's so crucial about doing it before the next season starts.

chances are blizzard will magically pull a hotfix out of their ass when it goes live and the masses complain.