Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    Yeah no, only in your head. You have nothing to back that spineless statement...
    Nothing spineless about it. You already saw the drama that was created when the original rest to 50 happened and people then said they would quit if they did it after every expansion. But by all means continue to deny the existence of that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    What an incredible take on something so simple, my god.

Why do people think they even came up with Chromie time in the first place?

Current level 60 will be scaled back to level 50, BfA will be added to Chromie time, SL will be the default for new players and then we will level 50 to 60 in 10.0 content whatever it will be.

Do people honestly think that Blizz came up with a system to reduce level numbers and fix leveling to just abandon it right after the expansion they launched it with?
    How insanely arrogant do you have to be?

No, there won't be level 70.
    Nobody cares about your made-up arguments.
    A system has been implemented that YOU CAN SEE in-game to realize what it will look like.
    Stop trying to be all revolutionary. I am glad you don't design this fckin game.
    Anjd you know that how? Right you don't. You are not Blizzard therefore you are nothte arbiter of ewhat is going to happen. As for Chromie time, all they have to is make it 10-60. 10.0 is 60-70 That kills your entire argument.

THe only one being arrogant is the one who is making declarations that you claim 100% are going to happen despite not being Blizzard or the game designer.

Shadowlands as the default experience for new players is odd as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    yeah that works, especially if they add talents and new spells.
    Yeah all they have to do is add a talent row for every 10 new levels. THenthe expansion after 100 and the rest to 50, you set the number of talent rows back to what it is now at 50 and remove some of the talents to reduce the talent bloat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    Only the first or second time it happens, after that it will just be a system in place working as intended. If we let it plie up long enough, people will feel a real loss of (6-8) years of progress, do it every 2 and it will be a much smaller loss, and something I think people would be able to get used to. it also avoids the need for an item level squish somewhere in the middle of every cycle because it seems we brake the system every 2 expansions or so.
    After the 1st or second time, people will just quit when they realize leveling to max is pointless. And there should never be a system that allows you to completely skip an expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    All content scales to 60 now, and shadowlands gets added to the list.
    Preferably, so does actual Classic zones.

- - - Updated - - -

Stop worrying about "feeling."
    You character is objectively progressing each expansion and season.
    If you need a number on your character to understand this, there is something wrong.

Either way, I do not expect them to just squish the levels every expansion after only doing it once in 15 years.
    No it is not. It progresses because some numbers get bigger expansion to expansion. Lev number is what does that so you can have level squishes. Resetting to 50 every time removes all feeling of progression. And who are you to tell others how to feel?

5+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather they just reset it to 50 every expac or agree on a roll-back to 50 if we hit 100 again.

They won't scrap leveling since the entire game is built around that base system, but if they could think of new forms of progression that'd be great. Hit 60 and then progress through future expansions via some different gameplay.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hipolnalrt View Post
    Chromie Time, introduced in Shadowlands is going to be difficult to carry over into a new expansion. If we were to simply get a new expansion, what happens with it? To me, there seems to be three options, none of which sound completely appealing or likely.

1) Would we have to level 1-50 in pre Shadowlands, 51-60 in Shadowlands, then to 70 in new expansion? That would defeat the purpose of introducing Chromie Time, which was to make it easier for new players to access the newest content.

2) All Shadowlands and pre-Shadowlands content would scale from 1-60 and then level to 70 in new content. This would require an entire re-scaling of previous content and leveling every time we get a new expansion and each level would take even less time to get to.

3) We stay at level 60 for the new expansion. While there could be merit here, this doesn't seem to jive with Blizzard's design philosophy of having a fresh reset for new content.

What do you all think?
    I just believe another chapter added, and SL goes into the batch with the rest, so New expansion is 60-70, the rest is 1-60.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    They either make 10-(50)60 shadowlands and then (50-60)60-70 new expansion and add bfa to chromie or just leave it the way it is right now and just add new expansion to 60-70.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

I'll rather lvl 50 and do some 10 "paragon" lvls for each expansions. And for some balance, that paragon levels are expansion specific. So in WOD you have your 50+10warforged lvls, in legion 50+10legionbane lvls. And that give you some bonuses in that expansion content. So if you played in draenor, you have some draenor perks, legion - legion perks. And that "legacy perks" should be unbalanced and fun. Something like +100%damage to Mortal Strike or 100%crit for pyroblast. It should not be some dull +5%damage, some 50-100%would be ok. Its not matter already, so we could be insane as we like. But only in that legacy content. In different expansions there will be other crazy bonuses, who give a fuck about balance at that lvl?
    Or do some unfun thing and make "borrowed powers" expansion specific and disable in different exps. And with that they could not delete borrowed powers, just lock them in that expansion

SL will be rolled into chromie time as one of the options for veteran players to level in.

BfA will remain the base leveling experience for the new players because it works as a good intro to WoW world (Alliance vs Horde, Old Gods, etc)
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Nothing spineless about it. You already saw the drama that was created when the original rest to 50 happened and people then said they would quit if they did it after every expansion. But by all means continue to deny the existence of that.

- - - Updated - - -

Anjd you know that how? Right you don't. You are not Blizzard therefore you are nothte arbiter of ewhat is going to happen. As for Chromie time, all they have to is make it 10-60. 10.0 is 60-70 That kills your entire argument.

THe only one being arrogant is the one who is making declarations that you claim 100% are going to happen despite not being Blizzard or the game designer.
    Okay, have it your way.

Give one tangible reason why Blizzard would abandon and re-do the leveling rework they literally just did.
    In the meantime, I will be chilling back here in reality.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancaris View Post
    I'll rather lvl 50 and do some 10 "paragon" lvls for each expansions. And for some balance, that paragon levels are expansion specific. So in WOD you have your 50+10warforged lvls, in legion 50+10legionbane lvls. And that give you some bonuses in that expansion content. So if you played in draenor, you have some draenor perks, legion - legion perks. And that "legacy perks" should be unbalanced and fun. Something like +100%damage to Mortal Strike or 100%crit for pyroblast. It should not be some dull +5%damage, some 50-100%would be ok. Its not matter already, so we could be insane as we like. But only in that legacy content. In different expansions there will be other crazy bonuses, who give a fuck about balance at that lvl?
    Or do some unfun thing and make "borrowed powers" expansion specific and disable in different exps. And with that they could not delete borrowed powers, just lock them in that expansion
    That would actually be cool. Reminds me of a couple of the systems used in ESO, which I really like.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Okay, have it your way.

Give one tangible reason why Blizzard would abandon and re-do the leveling rework they literally just did.
    In the meantime, I will be chilling back here in reality.
    They aren't re-doing anything. The scaling is already there. Just need to adjust from 10-50 to 10-60. Kind of odd that you would ask why Blizzard would abandon something when they abandon things every single expansion.

Also, the one living in reality is the one who isn't arrogantly declaring fact despite not working for Blizzard in any capacity.

They aren't re-doing anything. The scaling is already there. Just need to adjust from 10-50 to 10-60. Kind of odd that you would ask why Blizzard would abandon something when they abandon things every single expansion.

Also, the one living in reality is the one who isn't arrogantly declaring fact despite not working for Blizzard in any capacity.
    Yes, exactly, the scaling IS THERE. So why the fck would they "adjust" anything?
    You literally grasp the concept but then refuse to acknowledge it.

Why? Why they should redo some scaling from 10-50 to 10-60, only for squish them after some time? If we can have 50 for midexpansion time, where things are not balanced in any way, just like midseason for D3. And more balanced 60 endgame every 2 years? one thing is must for that time is current 50 are not squished to 45-48 by that tech. Make 50 sandbox for alts for farming old content, making legacy stuff. And if you want play your alt - you only need to level 50-60 and no matter from what time your alt was.

This topic is just a reminder what an overcomplicated mess Wow has become.

Why even have levels? they have item lvls lol They add a secondary progression each expansion just make the ilvl keep going up and cap the lvl at 60. Then questing just unlocks whatever progression system. Old expanions 1-50 Shadowlands 50-60 new expansion secondayr progression. The next expansion it could be SL move to 1-50 then New expansion 50-60 then current secondary progression. then after like 3-4 expansions squish the ilvl for all but previous expansion

It would make sense to squish again each expansion. Set and forget type thing. Players would surely get used to the idea, if they for some reason are against it now. The gameplay impact of the squish in SL was minimal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancaris View Post
    Why? Why they should redo some scaling from 10-50 to 10-60, only for squish them after some time? If we can have 50 for midexpansion time, where things are not balanced in any way, just like midseason for D3. And more balanced 60 endgame every 2 years? one thing is must for that time is current 50 are not squished to 45-48 by that tech. Make 50 sandbox for alts for farming old content, making legacy stuff. And if you want play your alt - you only need to level 50-60 and no matter from what time your alt was.
    Because they understand that many players don't like the every expansion reset and want to preserve some form of progression that goes over multiple expansions.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, exactly, the scaling IS THERE. So why the fck would they "adjust" anything?
    You literally grasp the concept but then refuse to acknowledge it.
    Because they understand that there are players who like the continuation of levels each expansion. You and others cling so hard to what you want that you do not acknowledge that there are players who feel that a reset after each expansion kills progression. There should be SOME form of progression that goes on over several expansions.

wow is such a mess lol

I see 2 options, and I wouldn't mind either. In both cases SL leveling gets added as a new Chromie timeline. The difference is that in option 1 we stay at 60 (and Chromie time gets rescaled to be 1-60) and go to 70 in the next expansion, the other option is that we get squished back down to 50 and level back to 60 in the next expansion. I don't think it's likely that they'll just add next expansion strictly after SL (so forced Chromie -> SL -> 10.0), I definitely think they intend to keep the pre-current expansion leveling experience like it is now, where you pick a previous expansion and get to 10 levels below max that way.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolmmofuture View Post
    wow is such a mess lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    This topic is just a reminder what an overcomplicated mess Wow has become.
    I'm really glad I'm not the only one that sees this as a mess, no matter what they decide to do with it. I'm hoping they can come to some sort of set-and-forget system that will run this system without much maintenance. If managing and balancing Chromie Time eats up resources causing further delays in new content, (however minor it may be) then I think we will all be upset.