Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Horde You like Shadowlands you just didn't liked the content drought; SL is a great expac.

Let's face it, you wouldn't be playing if you were truly 100% frustrated with the game. When SL is compared to BFA which was full of systems atop systems on system for a system to unlock a system for a system or to WoD where we barely got any content at all, you should be far more thankful for what you have now than compared to then. SL is the new modern MoP. People hated MoP when it was current then loved it when WoD showed its true colors.

Fun fact: The wait between 9.0 and 9.1 is the same amount of time that it took for WoD to release all of it's content.
    But compared to 6.1 and 9.1 there's actual content worth doing. And 8.1 and 9.1? There's less systems. FAR less grind too.
    There is no forced grind in SL like we had with Azerite essences, legendary cloak/vision farm, and stuff to slow down your progression. Anima is entirely optional and has only cosmetic rewards behind it. Your legendary is the only thing you have to work for but even then with 9.1 it'll be even easier to get. Renown comes from all forms of content and is also completely optional on alts. You're not forced to do the campaign on them. Remember trying to farm coins for your BiS corruption? Remember receiving only 1 option in chest? You don't have to do that anymore in SL. Remember appexis crystals? Exalted and revered reps for flying in past expansions? Yeah, you don't need that either.

People cried about waiting now those same people are crying about receiving content. Put on the big boy and big girl pants, take off the rose tinted glasses, and instead of whining, submit actual feedback about the systems you don't like. New content is coming. There will be content in 9.1.5 and there will at least be a 9.2.

WoW could be far worse.
    Last edited by TheramoreIsTheBomb; 2021-06-25 at 02:40 AM.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

SL is far from great. it's ok at best. content draught is not the biggest issue for me. It's honestly not an issue at all for me.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Let's face it, you wouldn't be playing if you were truly 100% frustrated with the game.
    That explains why I'm not playing then

10+ Year Old Account
    It's okay...it's not the best but definitely isn't the worst

you don't speak for me. shadowlands sucks. the systems are boring, the grinds are boring, the raid is mostly boring, my class is boring and has been since legion, the progression is boring, the "optional" content is boring.

shadowlands is boring. i'd literally rather play wod. wod had a lack of content too but at least it was fun.

It was slow, dull, boring and obviously drawn out seeing as the 9.1 delay of 218days..

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    I haven't played much in the past few weeks, but I just read the patch notes and that might be the coup de grace. The number of currencies and grinds is absurd. Fuck them.
    how is the number of currencies and/or grinds stopping you from playing? the number of currencies is comparable to previous expansions and grinds have always been present in WoW; why is them being there now suddenly an issue

Actually I'm not playing any longer and I didn't like the expac. I played to do the first raid tier with my guild; and that was literally the only part of the game that I remotely enjoyed, but even that was frustrating with all the covenant and legendary bullshit.

I quit this expansion before the new year and I'm still mad enough about it to shitpost on these forums 7 months later. The expansion is worse than BfA and WoD, imho.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, Shadowlands is a shitshow.

I hate people who frame their post as if they speak for everyone. Shadowlands is objectively terrible. Dull, uninteresting zones, laughable story and the most oppressive gearing system since Vanilla. Boosting is out of control and Blizzard doesn't even enforce its own rules. It's the first time I've unsubbed in a first patch cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    That explains why I'm not playing then
    I genuinely lol'd here since I bailed out like ~3 months after release way before "drought" was even a thing.

Worst part that is that addiction is still kicking in since i check out news, read forums, watch wow videos etc BUT I have absolutely zero desire to play whatsoever.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post

Fun fact: The wait between 9.0 and 9.1 is the same amount of time that it took for WoD to release all of it's content.
    But the content in WoD was fun and engaging. The content in Shadowlands is boring and mind numbing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much. It had a strong launch and I think for the most part all the bellyaching over covenants turned out to be a non-issue. It was going well for the first few months.

The biggest issue right now is that Blizzard hasn't been able to keep to a standard content release cycle, which surely has more to do with the pandemic than anything.

That means:

• We're seven months into a patch that was clearly only designed to last four months (16~ weeks to hit Renown 40).
    • There hasn't really been any iteration on the game to deal with the various issues that do need tweaking or changing.

If they had been able to keep a normal development pace, we'd be on 9.1.5 right now, 9.2 would be maybe a month or two away, and we'd already be anticipating a new expansion announcement in 4~5 months.

Instead we're still on SL launch content.

Quote Originally Posted by NotTrolling View Post
    I hate people who frame their post as if they speak for everyone. Shadowlands is objectively terrible.
    So you hate it when someone speaks for everyone yet you do it in your next sentence?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    you don't speak for me. shadowlands sucks. the systems are boring, the grinds are boring, the raid is mostly boring, my class is boring and has been since legion, the progression is boring, the "optional" content is boring.

shadowlands is boring. i'd literally rather play wod. wod had a lack of content too but at least it was fun.
    But are you still playing? And if you're playing TBC then that counts as playing and paying Blizz $$$$$$

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    But the content in WoD was fun and engaging.
    I guess that's why 7 million people left.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

No. It's a shit expansion. It manages to be worse than WoD which is incredibly impressive. There absolute is nothing worth doing in SL. Everything is boring and tedious. The way zones are broken apart by annoying flightpoints makes it even worse.

Uhh a content drought is a sign of a bad expansion. It means they either had very little to show, or gave up.

It's not over so I don't want to have an ultimate judgement on it yet, but it's probably going to land somewhere near the bottom of my list. Currently my bottom two are WoD (worst) and BFA (second worst) and SL is currently floating between 2nd and 3rd worst for me.

It isn't great. For many people.