Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Because you talk about ancient Kalimdor.

Night Elf Queen Azshara didn't know N'Zoth at the time when she was Queen of the Elves. They only met after Zin-Azshari was sunk and her Empire was being ruined by the Sundering.

Anything related to ancient Kalimdor will obviously involve the WoTA and as far as the Bronze Dragonflight are concerned, the events of the WoTA must play out as they do, in order for time to be consistent.
    The only Bronze Dragons who would be against this are the Infinite Dragonflight, where I suppose one could be in a handsome High Elf guise and within that guise, use it to win Azshara's favor. He could convince her that Xavius is a traitor, he is after her throne and that he must be executed - or maybe, encourage the idea of Tal'ashar, where he challenges Xavius for the mantle of "Councillor."

But here you see things are getting messy and complicated. Xavius, Azshara - they are villains. Why would we work with Xavius so he could bring the Legion here? Why would we work with Azshara, to stop the Legion, but with no Sundering - that means the future events wouldn't occur. (Quel'Thalas, First War, Second War, Third War, Fourth War, Lordaeron)
    Did you read the OP?

First of all, it is not Azshara from WotA. It is current day Azshara. She's trying to "change the past".
    Secondly, i didn't write that the Bronze/infinite dragonflight are involved. You assumed so (they probably will be).
    Thirdly, it is an alternate reality, not ours. So, nothing is affecting our timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by BarosanuNr1 View Post
    How would the non-sundered Kalimdor be implemented? If the existing scale is conserved (as in, having non-sundered zones exist alongside sundered ones), it would be the largest continent ever implemented (which I'd not be opposed to, but I don't see it happening at all). If the scale is diminished, it might also reduce the epicness of the concept.
    It doesn't make sense. That's why i suggested an alternate reality. A pre-sundered world and a post-sundered world cannot co-exist. It is just too weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Kixxenn View Post
    It's not the worst idea but I am honestly tired of Elven Ruins. I like the shout out of having Azshara and Xavius working together again. Kinda weird to picture, but I didn't mind the idea.
    What? i didn't mention Xavius anywhere in my post. Though, i wouldn't mind it.

Most of my disappointment for Nazjatar (For the areas I was not impressed by. That doesn't mean its entirety.) was quite a bit of it was Elven ruins again. Which we have seen a lot of that in this games entirety... they spent over 10,000 years in the sea and didn't create new infrastructures? I just, can't even.. *face palm*

Seeing architecture that is not in ruins is just amazing. Suramar being a prime example of this. One of my favorite zones. I loved you Suramar. I loved you. Someone posted a concept art to remind me how magnificent it was.
    That's what good about this concept. all of the places are basically night elven ruins in our reality. we get to see them in full scale and glory in that reality.

If they want to keep pursuing more Elven architecture or zones. Which in all honesty.. we don't need. I do understand people mentioning having a new home for the Night Elves tho.. I would like to see something similar to the concept of Lothlórien. I love when they have areas that tower trees and it makes sense for that particular Elven race. That's why I enjoyed certain areas in terrokar forest, spires of arak and ardenweald there is an area similar to this. It's rare that these zones are on grand scale with this concept.

The reality is we just got a forest area in Ardenweald and the Night Elves have been getting overexposure. I thought some the ideas in this thread were nice.
    I wouldn't mind more tree-ish architecture. Their premise as a race, for me, has always been a sort of "forest fairies". Especially when first beginning in Teldrassil. Mount Hyjal and Then'ralore could definitely serve as such - one being a jungle, the other a forest.
    Last edited by username993720; 2021-06-24 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Did you read the OP?

First of all, it is not Azshara from WotA. It is current day Azshara. She's trying to "change the past".
    Secondly, i didn't write that the Bronze/infinite dragonflight are involved. You assumed so (they probably will be).
    Thirdly, it is an alternate reality, not ours. So, nothing is affecting our timeline.
    But why would she be trying to change the past? She doesn't have the means, unless she has a contact within the Infinite Dragonflight, to change the past. She might be a powerful Sorceress, but her skills do not match that of the Bronze Dragons...Elisande only had that boon because of the Nightwell.

And an alternate reality/alternate universe...it's been done before and was done horrendously bad. Blizzard could hardly even explain that Draenor was set 35 years in the past, but was connected to modern day Azeroth (I still think that sounds confusing.) So, to try and make some wibbly wobbly time machine, to go 10,000+ years in the past...WoD flashbacks incoming.

Now, the idea is cool, but as somebody said...how is a full Kalimdor Empire supposed to work. Do you have a lot of flight paths, because the land is just so huge, or do you phase out the parts that are currently covered by sea? So, from Dragonblight (Moonrest Gardens - former Highborne town), you can see night elf buildings, you can't actually *get* to them, because of fatigue, just like you do when you travel from Northrend to Stormwind/Orgrimmar/Undercity.
    I mean, this is will be huge...bigger than anything that's been done before, but if all you see is different night elf and highborne buildings, then the expansion will become very bland, very quickly. It will like the Orc fatigue, but for Night Elves instead.

Granted - it will look very beautiful...but we have already had an expansion that dealt with the Elves on a larger scale than other races...I do not believe that now is the time for another one, so soon. I'm more in favor of a revamped Azeroth, with updated Quel'Thalas and a new Night Elf city (plus Alliance Eldre'Thalas.)
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2021-06-24 at 04:23 PM.

But why would she be trying to change the past? She doesn't have the means, unless she has a contact within the Infinite Dragonflight, to change the past. She might be a powerful Sorceress, but her skills do not match that of the Bronze Dragons...Elisande only had that boon because of the Nightwell.
    I already explained about that in the OP. She's looking for "the true throne of power" there. Allying with the Legion or N'zoth would interfere with that (as she will become just another pawn). As for the means to get there, i'm not quite sure. I wrote that the Void portal led her there. If the infinite dragonflight is working with the Void, it kinda makes sense.

And an alternate reality/alternate universe...it's been done before and was done horrendously bad. Blizzard could hardly even explain that Draenor was set 35 years in the past, but was connected to modern day Azeroth (I still think that sounds confusing.) So, to try and make some wibbly wobbly time machine, to go 10,000+ years in the past...WoD flashbacks incoming.
    It's not confusing at all. If you have watched Avengers: end game, you'd know how it goes.

Now, the idea is cool, but as somebody said...how is a full Kalimdor Empire supposed to work. Do you have a lot of flight paths, because the land is just so huge, or do you phase out the parts that are currently covered by sea? So, from Dragonblight (Moonrest Gardens - former Highborne town), you can see night elf buildings, you can't actually *get* to them, because of fatigue, just like you do when you travel from Northrend to Stormwind/Orgrimmar/Undercity.
    I mean, this is will be huge...bigger than anything that's been done before, but if all you see is different night elf and highborne buildings, then the expansion will become very bland, very quickly. It will like the Orc fatigue, but for Night Elves instead.
    I don't know if it's that huge. Notice that i didn't include other, non-night elven, areas listed on that map like Pandaria's, Northrend's and such.

Granted - it will look very beautiful...but we have already had an expansion that dealt with the Elves on a larger scale than other races...I do not believe that now is the time for another one, so soon. I'm more in favor of a revamped Azeroth, with updated Quel'Thalas and a new Night Elf city (plus Alliance Eldre'Thalas.)
    I never said now is the time. Everybody just assumed i meant right after Shadowlands.

SNIP
    The Kaldorei Empire is huge. Shandaral, as you mentioned, is based in Northrend as is the Moonrest Gardens.

So, if I'm on my Blood Elf Paladin and I'm in Shandaral and the quest giver sends me to Eldre'Thalas, do I have to run the whole map of Kalimdor, which would take a long time...or do I fly there...what happens. Like I say, this is huge.

And whatever films are made are not the same as what can be made for a game. WoD was made with the time-travel stuff and it was bad, confusing and left a sour taste in a lot of people's mouths. Mine included.

We don't know where the Void portal placed her, but I highly doubt that it was "a time" portal.

With the disaster that was WoD, then I don't think "time-travel" is a thing that Blizzard will explore in a hurry.

No more time travel xpacks, not to mention way too many elves, there are more than enough variants as it is.

I don't care for more playable elves but I dig the rest of this concept. I would love seeing the Troll empire at the height of it's power, Zandalar on steroids.

The Kaldorei Empire is huge. Shandaral, as you mentioned, is based in Northrend as is the Moonrest Gardens.
    Yea, i meant the other areas like Ulduar, Azjol Nerub, Gundrak, Zul'aman, Uldaman, Zul'Gurub, Zandalar, Mogu'shan Vaults, Vale of Eternal Blossoms, Manti'vess, Uldum, Ahn'qiraj, Zul'farrak.

So, if I'm on my Blood Elf Paladin and I'm in Shandaral and the quest giver sends me to Eldre'Thalas, do I have to run the whole map of Kalimdor, which would take a long time...or do I fly there...what happens. Like I say, this is huge.
    Just imagine it the size of any other continent introduced in an expansion: 5/7 areas that are connected and make up a landmass.

And whatever films are made are not the same as what can be made for a game. WoD was made with the time-travel stuff and it was bad, confusing and left a sour taste in a lot of people's mouths. Mine included.
    Yea, i know. I've mentioned it in my OP. I don't see another way of introducing it, though, as these depictions are from the past.

We don't know where the Void portal placed her, but I highly doubt that it was "a time" portal.
    That's why it's a concept thread.

With the disaster that was WoD, then I don't think "time-travel" is a thing that Blizzard will explore in a hurry.
    Who knows. They repeated the same storyline they had in MoP with BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    No more time travel xpacks, not to mention way too many elves, there are more than enough variants as it is.
    It has potential, though. Caverns of time aren't interesting?
    The elves are just an option, in case a race is introduced in that expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    I don't care for more playable elves but I dig the rest of this concept. I would love seeing the Troll empire at the height of it's power, Zandalar on steroids.
    Thanks.

It would be cool. I just didn't see official concept art that wasn't shown in game (i.e. - Zuldazar).
    You can expect the Darkspear Islands, though.

The elves are just an option, in case a race is introduced in that expansion.
    Introducing a playable, MU timetravel race breaks the universe on a fundamental level. While travelling to an AU version is also just inviting trouble, considering the pitiful job blizz does with these themes.

It has potential, though. Caverns of time aren't interesting?
    Honestly they aren't

Big picture idea it would be interesting if the Infinite Dragon flight was involved (for me they never got a satisfactory resolution) and for the overarching idea to be Azshara wishing to steal Azeroth the Titan's power or just Freaky Friday mind swap with it's still dormant body.

It doesn't make sense. That's why i suggested an alternate reality. A pre-sundered world and a post-sundered world cannot co-exist. It is just too weird.
    Reformulating for clarity: Non-sundered zones from the Main Universe (MU) (e.g., Mulgore, Tanaris, STV) would logically have correspondent zones in the Alternate Universe (AU). The names, climates, inhabitants might be different, but the actual landmasses would be there. In other words, AU-Kalimdor would contain: (i) zones that got sundered in the MU, as well as: (ii) zones that didn't get sundered in the MU. If sizes are translated in-game at a 1:1 ratio, the AU-Kalimdor will be immense. So my curiosity was whether we would only visit certain regions of AU-Kalimdor or whether the entire AU-Kalimdor would have its size reduced in-game.

Personally, I would prefer a 1:1 translation, perhaps with various regions unlocked over multiple patches... or expansions, if necessary. The fact that WoD was mishandled doesn't mean that a good AU expansion cannot be created. In fact, I'd be more interested in exploring a different age of the Warcraft universe by means of an AU setting, rather than whatever light/void world war they're planning for the MU. Just don't tie it to the MU story like they did with WoD.

Introducing a playable, MU timetravel race breaks the universe on a fundamental level. While travelling to an AU version is also just inviting trouble, considering the pitiful job blizz does with these themes.
    Mag'har Orcs were a mistake?

Honestly they aren't
    Ok. Anyone and their opinion.

Big picture idea it would be interesting if the Infinite Dragon flight was involved (for me they never got a satisfactory resolution) and for the overarching idea to be Azshara wishing to steal Azeroth the Titan's power or just Freaky Friday mind swap with it's still dormant body.
    They probably would if it's time-travel.
    Hmmm... never thought of her switching the Titan.

Quote Originally Posted by BarosanuNr1 View Post
    Reformulating for clarity: Non-sundered zones from the Main Universe (MU) (e.g., Mulgore, Tanaris, STV) would logically have correspondent zones in the Alternate Universe (AU). The names, climates, inhabitants might be different, but the actual landmasses would be there. In other words, AU-Kalimdor would contain: (i) zones that got sundered in the MU, as well as: (ii) zones that didn't get sundered in the MU. If sizes are translated in-game at a 1:1 ratio, the AU-Kalimdor will be immense. So my curiosity was whether we would only visit certain regions of AU-Kalimdor or whether the entire AU-Kalimdor would have its size reduced in-game.
    Only the elven parts.

Personally, I would prefer a 1:1 translation, perhaps with various regions unlocked over multiple patches... or expansions, if necessary. The fact that WoD was mishandled doesn't mean that a good AU expansion cannot be created. In fact, I'd be more interested in exploring a different age of the Warcraft universe by means of an AU setting, rather than whatever light/void world war they're planning for the MU. Just don't tie it to the MU story like they did with WoD.
    That's a good possibility. Adding zones in patches instead of right away.

Don't worry, she's not trying to invade the MU.
    Last edited by username993720; 2021-06-24 at 06:45 PM.

Mag'har Orcs were a mistake?
    The AU ones most definitely, like the entirety of WoD. Blizz could have just used the original ones.

They probably would if it's time-travel.
    Hmmm... never thought of her switching the Titan.
    D
    I thought since her bit in the Nyalotha raid that her goal now was to either absorb Azeroth's power or (I think more interesting) switch places with/possess Azeroth. As the only non imprisoned/trapped holding Sargeras Titan left she seems like an obvious target for Azshara. Maybe she tries in the present first at the sword in Silithus but finds she needs the pre Sundering Well to accomplish her goal.

The AU ones most definitely, like the entirety of WoD. Blizz could have just used the original ones.
    I beg to differ. They're hella cool. Outland's consisted of only Nagrand ones.

I thought since her bit in the Nyalotha raid that her goal now was to either absorb Azeroth's power or (I think more interesting) switch places with/possess Azeroth. As the only non imprisoned/trapped holding Sargeras Titan left she seems like an obvious target for Azshara. Maybe she tries in the present first at the sword in Silithus but finds she needs the pre Sundering Well to accomplish her goal.
    Well, Azeroth pre-sundering, pre-Cataclysm, and pre-Sargeras' sword is probably stronger than she is now.

I beg to differ. They're hella cool. Outland's consisted of only Nagrand ones.
    Who are just as numerous, consisting of every orc clan as well. Concerning their technology, it was invented back in mop by blackfuse.

Who are just as numerous, consisting of every orc clan as well. Concerning their technology, it was invented back in mop by blackfuse.
    They weren't as accentuated as in WoD. They each got a backstory, setting and unique looks.

They weren't as accentuated as in WoD. They each got a backstory, setting and unique looks.
    Could have easily been addressed, if blizz had used Outland as xpack instead of the timetravel garbage that was WoD

Could have easily been addressed, if blizz had used Outland as xpack instead of the timetravel garbage that was WoD
    What can you revisit in Outland, exactly?

What can you revisit in Outland, exactly?
    The Original plan for Wod was for Garrosh to go to Outland, in order to raise an army there. Instead blizz chose an alternate universe with time-travel on top.

The Original plan for Wod was for Garrosh to go to Outland, in order to raise an army there. Instead blizz chose an alternate universe with time-travel on top.
    Really? wasn't it the Mongrel Horde?

"The Mongrel Horde or Dark Horde was an abandoned concept for the expansion following Mists of Pandaria, based around the idea of Garrosh Hellscream gathering various displaced races such as gnolls, kobolds, troggs, and centaur into a new Horde. The idea was later scrapped in favor of the Iron Horde and the alternate Draenor seen in Warlords of Draenor."

Edit:

Ok, i found it.

"The initial concept for the game was that Garrosh would go to Outland as it currently exists and would use a horn of Nozdormu to resurrect the fallen warlords and invade Azeroth. The idea was changed in order to give players a new setting."

What would be the setting if Outland did happen?
    Last edited by username993720; 2021-06-25 at 06:31 AM.