10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    Ok i still like Eureka progression, i dont think that everything that makes you lake longer time without funneling you through CONTENT is a timesink void of value
    Well Eureka was a small map, you could explore it on day 1, there was close to no story involved (with the exception of the end of Hydatos) and the rest was a meaningless, boring mob/Fate grind. So... while you enjoyed it, I see no value in holding back both Teleport pylons and riding ability behind some arbitrary level system.

It was especially annoying if your group was comprised of people that could ride and people that could not. Thank God for tandem mounts.

I'm somewhere around lvl 63-64 MSQ in stormblood, did first trial and just got to the second eastern zone or so and pretty much since SB start it just kinda bores me where I'm starting to lack the motivation to continue, again, as I reached stormblood on another character over a year ago but dropped the game.

Quote Originally Posted by TidalConflux View Post
    How long do we expect Asmongold to play FF14 for? Pseudo poll time.
    I don't foresee him playing for long, he has repeatedly stated that he doesn't like the player character being a champion or the chosen one as opposed to normal adventurer #3494598, and while early quests in FF14 does seem to fit the random adventurer bill, you are a still a very special boy destined for greatness and all that shit.
    So I don't think he will enjoy the story all that much, even if the champion or chosen one aspect maybe isn't as overt as it is in WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

Anybody know of a modern guide on the blue mage carnival? Every resource i can find is basically useless. "Use final sting at the end of every round", yeah yeah. Can't do that any more. Near as I can tell the carnival was a piece of cake to sail through if you played through it when it first came out. To do it today however is doing so with significantly more gimped abilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    Anybody know of a modern guide on the blue mage carnival? Every resource i can find is basically useless. "Use final sting at the end of every round", yeah yeah. Can't do that any more. Near as I can tell the carnival was a piece of cake to sail through if you played through it when it first came out. To do it today however is doing so with significantly more gimped abilities.
    Not sure if you are still looking for any but the Blue Academy channel on youtube is fairly decent.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, anyone got some guides or youtubes on Gil farm methods? I am not looking for get rich quick but just want to create a steady revenue stream. I leveled mining\fishing to 80 and got BSM to 75, with my combat jobs being SAM80\Gnb75\Bard73. I enjoy farming but about the only thing i have had moderate success at is farming some of the level mats for DOH jobs in Diadem and just did not know if that is the best route.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    So, anyone got some guides or youtubes on Gil farm methods? I am not looking for get rich quick but just want to create a steady revenue stream. I leveled mining\fishing to 80 and got BSM to 75, with my combat jobs being SAM80\Gnb75\Bard73. I enjoy farming but about the only thing i have had moderate success at is farming some of the level mats for DOH jobs in Diadem and just did not know if that is the best route.
    Luckily, most methods are more about "slow and steady wins the race" rather than get rich quick, since everyone jumps quickly on those and plummet the prices into the ground fast, but for the steady ones.
    8 player treasure maps can give a lot (up to like 500k, not counting the possible materials you can get)
    Weekly challenge log is also a nice little steady stream.
    Leve quests are a steady source.
    Sell stuff needed for the crafter/gatherer quests.
    Finding something not heavily fought for on the market board, but sells consistently, even if at a low price.

Most videos are usually about niche methods

For Diadem, i don't think there is a "best" route, since you just farm the circle and start from the beginning. Also, the materials there don't sell for nearly as much anymore, since the ranking are over, but if you really want to go there and maybe level botanist aswell, you can get materials in the Diadem, sell them and use the skyscraper tickets to buy some mounts or dyes or whatever sells best on your server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, after 6 years my FC died while I was unsubbed and I no longer have a reason to be on my server/data center. I'm on Aether - Siren but willing to transfer. What servers will give me a great chance at farming A12S for the guaranteed mount drop ? I bought Shadowbringers a long time ago but haven't logged into it before today.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    Well, after 6 years my FC died while I was unsubbed and I no longer have a reason to be on my server/data center. I'm on Aether - Siren but willing to transfer. What servers will give me a great chance at farming A12S for the guaranteed mount drop ? I bought Shadowbringers a long time ago but haven't logged into it before today.
    Don't need to transfer servers for that. Just make a party finder and hope people join you unsync for it. A12s can also be solo'd by warrior or blue mage.

7+ Year Old Account
    I made a million gil selling materials from the Diadem. Guess every crafter wants dem sweet emotes
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Guess every crafter wants dem sweet emotes
    Emotes? Did I miss something?
    I haven't kept up with restoration past the glowing relic step.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Emotes? Did I miss something?
    I haven't kept up with restoration past the glowing relic step.
    You can get various emotes with the Scrip they give you
    /lean
    /bread
    /read
    /riceball

And some mounts
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Love em or hate em, IGN is the biggest gaming publication in existence and they just listed FFXIV as the best MMO:

This is a pretty big deal, because now whenever people search "Top MMOs" while looking for something to play, this video will likely be recommended to them and they'll be encouraged to play FFXIV. Also glad that FFXI made it onto the list.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    I made a million gil selling materials from the Diadem. Guess every crafter wants dem sweet emotes
    That has been my method. I can farm it while watching something else for an hour or so and make some decent return.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.

This twitch mount giveaway (well... for the low low cost of 4 gifted subs to your favorite streamer) is some super aggressive marketing. I love it. Just watching annie fuchsia trying to keep a poker face at the constant stream of subs is an amazing thing to witness.
    Last edited by ippollite; 2021-06-25 at 02:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ippollite View Post
    This twitch mount giveaway (well... for the low low cost of 4 gifted subs to your favorite streamer) is some super aggressive marketing. I love it. Just watching annie fuchsia trying to keep a poker face at the constant stream of subs is an amazing thing to witness.
    Imagine the outrage if blizzard did this.

I want the mount, but don't have a twitch account or have any idea on on gifted subbing means. How much is a pita is it to do and does it cost money?

Quote Originally Posted by Thenatural View Post
    Imagine the outrage if blizzard did this.
    From whom?

- - - Updated - - -

I want the mount, but don't have a twitch account or have any idea on on gifted subbing means. How much is a pita is it to do and does it cost money?
    Its a twitch promo, so you'll obviously need a twitch account. Gifting subs just means giving people following the streamer a subscription to the channel ($4.99 per sub). I think half of that goes to twitch, whilst the other half goes to the streamer. There's a list of people who are partnered with the event in the Lodestone. So its not just anyone streaming ff14.

Here's the actual info on the main page: https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodes...73bb377a7fb821

That has been my method. I can farm it while watching something else for an hour or so and make some decent return.
    Theres also the system to break down things into crystals for crafters which to this day i think most people don't know about it and a lot that do don't really know how it works so its kind of a smaller market for competition and its a resource that is always in demand as every recipe uses crystals from lvl.1-lvl.80

10+ Year Old Account
    Basically, to get the mount will be about $20 (USD). There is a list of streamers over various regions. You gift 4 subs across the listed channels and get a code for the mount. You have a few weeks to do it as well. While none of the channels are "small", there is a vast difference between some of the channels that have 100k+ followers versus some that have less than 5K. I am going to investigate some of the smaller channels (since I am new to the FF stream scene anyways) and drop the subs in those.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Theres also the system to break down things into crystals for crafters which to this day i think most people don't know about it and a lot that do don't really know how it works so its kind of a smaller market for competition and its a resource that is always in demand as every recipe uses crystals from lvl.1-lvl.80
    Yeah, i plan on doing that after i get all my crafters leveled. I made the mistake early on of selling all my fire and earth and then needed them a few days later when i was leveling.