Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Malleable Goo 50,000 yd range — Professor Putricide bounces a Malleable ball of Green Goo at the target, inflicting 14625 to 15375 damage and slowing attack and cast speed by 200% for 15 sec. Instant

Mutated Plague 50,000 yd range — Inflicts damage every 3 seconds. Instant
    During Phase 3, every 10 seconds Putricide puts one stack of this debuff on his target
    You're really reaching if you're going to say words like "bounce" and "put" indicate non-magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwimmerlaik View Post
    Imagine that - we're both right.
    Technically, you were sort of correct. You implied that the second generation DKs never existed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwimmerlaik View Post
    Imagine that - we're both right.
    No, you're just plain wrong. You said that the death knights prior to Wrath were all orc warlocks risen by Gul'dan and that none of them were human ex-paladins, and that is simply objectively false.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    That tells u everything, the only thing death knight have that necromancers do is summon a ghoul/the dead, everything that makes the necromancer a necromancter, the wizard who study necromancy, the robe wearing guy, the staff user, the one that completely focusing on spellcasting and summoning minions, compared to a melee juggernaut plate user who base combat is fighting with a big ass 2h weapon.

the fact that you can't see before someone walking you trough the things rly shows it
    so this aint a necromancer?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Guldan died in 7.1
    rastakhan died in 8.1
    fucking yog fucking sarron died in fucking 3.1
    illidan died in 2.1
    we have had countless plot devices die early.

Also the weapon drops in normal/heroic/mythic.
    He was pretty much killed off to promote his daughter. It's a shame, really
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    so this aint a necromancer?
    with a shield and a scythe? he does not look like the archetype, those do:

with a shield and a scythe? he does not look like the archetype, those do:

Definitely this - closer to warlock:

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    I doubt we will kill her
    It's pretty much confirmed that we won't. Every Hall of Fame where you kill the last boss has been "Famed Slayer of XXXXXX". This title is "Famed Bane of the Banshee Queen". There's also a Sylvanas book coming out in February of 2022. In my experience with Blizzard this is all but saying she's going to survive the raid.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Let me see if I can get this straight: despite having been shown that your methodology is flawed at best, you're sticking with it?
    There's no other method, really, is there?

One does not preclude the other. Also, I must remind you that, in Scholomance-- which is a necromancer school-- we have alchemy being taught to necromancer acolytes.
    Could be. But, Alchemy doesn't apply to necromancy only. There are Goblins style of alchemy, and Troll style of alchemy and other styles. So, to put it all in a Necromancer would be out of place.

You're really reaching if you're going to say words like "bounce" and "put" indicate non-magic.
    Why not? It doesn't say cast.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Definitely this - closer to warlock:

Where is this from?

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    It's pretty much confirmed that we won't. Every Hall of Fame where you kill the last boss has been "Famed Slayer of XXXXXX". This title is "Famed Bane of the Banshee Queen". There's also a Sylvanas book coming out in February of 2022. In my experience with Blizzard this is all but saying she's going to survive the raid.
    People have a hard time of grasping it.
    Last edited by username993720; 2021-06-25 at 06:25 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    no one saw that coming, plus be redeemed, for extra cheesiness

no one saw that coming, plus be redeemed, for extra cheesiness
    Blizzard loves reusing their redemption stories, so probably.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

7+ Year Old Account

Question

Why you people still continue invented bicycle?
    <Necromancer> <Spells>
    I understand that Blizzard is very vague in its implementation within this game (lore), already mentioned Diablo looks much more adequate and with more formalized boundaries of possibilities, but why not turn to available more competent "sources"?

ps. In the end, even here on forum there're concepts that look more or less reasonable. I don't see much point in such quarrels
    <aside> and it also has nothing to do with current topic...
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2021-06-25 at 10:02 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

3+ Year Old Account
    Anyone knows the Drop Rate of the Bow?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THC BANDIT View Post
    Do you think this is a sign of dark rangers coming at some point? maybe not this expansion.

Or do you think its just something to give us because she is a raidboss and will ofcourse drop her weapon upon being killed. I think its a pretty cool drop and it does look pretty wicked

https://ptr.wowhead.com/item=186414/...per?bonus=6805
    I think it’s the exact opposite honestly. I see this as a sign that the Hunter class will get more Sylvanas HotS abilities moving forward.

There's no other method, really, is there?
    That's a fallacy. Read about "argument from incredulity": I can't see any other way, therefore mine is the correct explanation.

Could be. But, Alchemy doesn't apply to necromancy only. There are Goblins style of alchemy, and Troll style of alchemy and other styles. So, to put it all in a Necromancer would be out of place.
    Whoever said to "put all things alchemical" into the necromancer concept? What you're doing is saying "all things cooking" must go to the monk class because they can brew ale.

Why not? It doesn't say cast.
    By that logic, those tooltips don't say "uses/drinks a potion", either.

Where is this from?
    It doesn't exist. It's a fake. At least, as far as I could search.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I think it’s the exact opposite honestly. I see this as a sign that the Hunter class will get more Sylvanas HotS abilities moving forward.
    Like the warglaives of Azzinoth and Sargeras' blindfold were a sign that the rogue class would get more demon hunter abilities in the future?

10+ Year Old Account
    Like the warglaives of Azzinoth and Sargeras' blindfold were a sign that the rogue class would get more demon hunter abilities in the future?
    Rogues weren't the only class that could use the Warglaives or the Blindfold. Only Hunters are able to effectively use the bow/quiver and its abilities.

Also Hunters have a history of getting Dark Ranger stuff (Black Arrow, Dark Ranger talent, Dark Ranger Hood).

Update:
    It appears that both Rae'shalare and Dark Ranger's Quiver are only available to the Hunter class now;

https://ptr.wowhead.com/item=186439/...ver?bonus=6805
    https://ptr.wowhead.com/item=186414/...per?bonus=6805
    Last edited by Teriz; 2021-06-25 at 04:08 PM.

That's a fallacy. Read about "argument from incredulity": I can't see any other way, therefore mine is the correct explanation.
    Not necessarily. But, if i want to predict a class i have to use something, rather than just blindly expect one.

Whoever said to "put all things alchemical" into the necromancer concept? What you're doing is saying "all things cooking" must go to the monk class because they can brew ale.
    Don't expect a cooking class.
    But, i see what you mean.

By that logic, those tooltips don't say "uses/drinks a potion", either.
    "Guzzle Potions 50,000 yd range — Professor Putricide starts to drink every potion on the table. 4 sec cast"

7+ Year Old Account
    and we can be dark ranger with the new bow, easy peasy
    Throw in a black hood and BAM.

Dark Ranger
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Where is this from?
    It's fake, I had a post about what I thought Necro would be a while ago:

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I've been consistent on this for years. Necromancer = Warlock Glyph.

The archetypal Necromancer is a light armored, plague and disease wielding, undead raising magic caster. DK is a melee fighter first, so it's not an appropriate substitute. DK is the Paladin to the Priest. It's much cleaner to just do a Warlock enhancement vs design a completely new class and have to balance more specs or try to force a DK into becoming a caster via a 4th spec.

First and foremost.... mechanics. Warlocks are mechanically inline with what a Necromancer is. Primarily a magic user, one who uses dark magic to raise undead, spread disease and rot their opponents with strong DoTs. We already have that foundation built with the Warlock. What's nice about this, vs a DK 4th spec is instead of 1 spec, you now have 3 specialized Necro specs:

Demonology - Demons = Undead, and the spec becomes a Necromancer who focuses on controlling an undead army as his or her primary expertise.
    Destruction - Fire = Frost, destro would become the equivalent of a Lich, and let people explore a Kel'Thuzad-style Necromancer.
    Affliction - Shadow/Void based DoTs = Blood/Disease based DoTs, this is the DoT based Necromancer who would prefer to rot away opponents with disease and poison.

Shadowlands would be a perfect time to add something like this. I'll list out some examples of specific changes I think would happen, and these art assets already exist in game and many more options are being added in the upcoming expansion.

Your Demons will convert to Undead:
    Voidwalker (tank) - Skeletal Warrior
    Felhunter (interrupt/dispell) - Skeletal Assassin
    Succubus (cc/invis) - Skeletal Archer
    Felguard (AOE dps) - Abomination with radiating plague damage.

Grimoire of Supremacy can jack up all of those base models to use some of the really cool Shadowlands undead minions.

Void/Shadow magic and Fel/Fire magic becomes Blood and Frost:
    Incinerate - Icy Bolt
    Immolate - Deathchill
    Cataclysm (Talent) - Death and Decay
    Corruption - Plague
    etc

Some things still fit just fine:
    Drain Life / Soul
    Life Tap
    Ritual of Summoning
    Curses
    etc

My end argument is that I view a Necromancer as primarily a magic user. And I view Warlocks as a Mage who will use forbidden magics. I simply view Necromancer as a specific TYPE of Warlock. A single glyph that modifies the flavor of your spells basically completely fulfills the fantasy.