Ret or prot for leveling?

Which would be the faster spec to level as in classic?

I want to play holy at max level and currently lvl21 as ret.

Feels very slow as ret just switching between seals and judging, only able to pull one mob around my own lvl or I'll end up dying from no mana left to kill a second mob.

Would going prot be a better option for pulling a few mobs and getting stuff done faster?

Quote Originally Posted by Healzerbot View Post
    Would going prot be a better option for pulling a few mobs and getting stuff done faster?
    protection has a series of disadvantages that you have to work around:
    - very slow kill speed against single target
    - very slow kill speed against casters & hard/slow hitters
    - extremly vulnerable to any kind of stacking debuff / cc while facing multiple mobs (which you want to do 100% of the time)
    - mana is a big issue and lowers your single target damage even more (seal of wisdom has to be used often)

thus with 2/3 of wow mobs out of the equation protection is worse at doing quests than retribution.

it is however great at just aoe grinding AT SPECIFIC SPOTS (farms at hillsbrad foothills as an example) and once you got some reflection/aoe proc gear for it it will eventually be quite a bit faster than retribution.
    If its boring for you or not entirely depends on you. i hated running around & doing quests & rather test if i can take 8 instead of 7 mobs at a time so it was great for me back in the days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quests = Ret
    Dungeon Spam = Prot

Quote Originally Posted by roboscorcher View Post
    Quests = Ret
    Dungeon Spam = Prot
    Hello! New to the fourms!

I'll second what roboscorcher said, but I'll add fighting higher lvl mobs/Elites is easier in Prot.