View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    You didn't have open border free movement, the UK never was part of Schengen. Every problem that came with foreigners working jobs cheaper or cash in hand was a problem the UK could've easily fixed themselves.
    Could they of?

I have very little faith the average person has any real power politically compared to the elites. I expect the uk will never fully leave and instead will be made to revote until they get the desired outcome.

Ok, what part of "you didn't need Brexit for that" don't you get?

Austria
    Except it near immediately happened after Brexit.

Just because things are "legal" to do, there are other factors which cause things "not to happen".

It's fact that the UK has better border management directly after Brexit.

You can place your head in the sand and attribute that to "coincidence" if it makes you feel better.

Also i don't want to nation bash because i like Austria but your economy was slumping before covid and its doing worse after covid.

Brexit will make things worse for you (because United Kingdom money no longer filters to your country), so i can understand why you are against Brexit.

I'm fairly certain as things stand for Austria, the EU is dragging you down. What Austria needs is its own leadership to boost its economy, not the EU doing it for you.

There's only 9 net contributors left in the EU, your country being one of them, and your economy is shrinking rapidly.

"Get out now" is the only advice i can give you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mortgyes View Post
    Sure.

Which country are you from.
    Also i don't want to nation bash because i like Austria but your economy was slumping before covid and its doing worse after covid.

Brexit will make things worse for you (because United Kingdom money no longer filters to your country), so i can understand why you are against Brexit.

I'm fairly certain as things stand for Austria, the EU is dragging you down. What Austria needs is its own leadership to boost its economy, not the EU doing it for you.

There's only 9 net contributors left in the EU, your country being one of them, and your economy is shrinking rapidly.

Can't you just link the study / article?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Can't you just link the study / article?
    Going on a limb here, and just say he is not referring any article. It's all just empty rhetoric, like with the Brexit "benefits".
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

And I'm merely defending myself from someone who said I don't matter.
    What is it with you people and projection? Is it the only thing you can do?

You go out of your way to accuse me of putting words in your mouth, then you make a statement like this. I never said you don't matter; I merely pointed out that you're not the centre of the universe, and thinking that you are is what damages our whole society.

We're all small cogs in a larger machine. But understanding that everybody else is as well, and recognising that they are all the stars in their own story and we should care about what's happening to them is the important thing. Empathy.

You've made it very clear that you think Brexit is great because you've gained from it. You then tried to say that you don't know anybody that's been damaged by it, and I explained that means either you're locked in a box not interracting with anyone, or you just don't care about the damage around you. Because people all over are being impacted by this, and are going to continue to be impacted by this.

I'd love to know how you have managed to do well out of Brexit specifically. Is it rising house prices (nothing to do with Brexit) or rising investments (more to do with pumping money into the economy for Covid than Brexit)? Give us some details how your life has improved. Then we can genuinely see if any of it relates to Brexit.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Then we can genuinely see if any of it relates to Brexit.
    Putting some emphasis on this one.

"I was promoted, and am now making more money than before" doesn't count. Unless said promotion was caused by Brexit, which sounds rather doubtful.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Just because things are "legal" to do, there are other factors which cause things "not to happen".

You can place your head in the sand and attribute that to "coincidence" if it makes you feel better.

Im sure the opinion of a newly created account, who judges brexit on "well I still have my job" will make sense.

I havent seen this climate change they speak of either, it must be lies. The same with space ships, I've never seen or been on one either, so it's fake news. Annecdotes are pretty shit when assessing the situation of a country.

Also 2021 happened right after brexit, it must be related!

https://www.businessinsider.com/brex...21-5?r=US&IR=T
    Last edited by Crispin; 2021-06-25 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    Could they of?

I have very little faith the average person has any real power politically compared to the elites. I expect the uk will never fully leave and instead will be made to revote until they get the desired outcome.
    "Could they have?" And yes, they could. The UK never lost the ability to do with its borders how it wanted.

The fact that the UK pretty much had an open EU border was a unilateral decision from the UK, the EU never had a word in it.

Naturally, this doesn't faze Brexiteers. They have just read this post and the middle line just doesn't show up for them. Somehow it just blanks for them.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

15+ Year Old Account

Ok, where do you get the numbers from? I would like to read them myself.

And a country surrounded at all sides by the EU and using the euro as a currency leaving is insanity.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

7+ Year Old Account

And a country surrounded at all sides by the EU and using the euro as a currency leaving is insanity.
    Don't you look on with envy at the surrounded by the EU Swiss?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distri...alth_in_Europe

You could be as wealthy as they.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Not to mention that Austria and Germany had an open border for decades before Austria joined the EU. It's funny that a Brexiteer Brit tries to tell Austria how to run its business...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Don't you look on with envy at the surrounded by the EU Swiss?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distri...alth_in_Europe

You could be as wealthy as they.
    Not really no, the prices they have to pay on average are far from envious. They rank second in cost of living.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

..... and using the euro as a currency..... is insanity.
    Totally agree.

Multiple countries that are dependant on each other for mechanisms that control their levels of wealth is insanity.

If Austria do anything productive for itself, all of that benefit will by spread into nothingness across all EUR countries.

You know what happens because of that?

Business leaders move out of that country and operate elsewhere.

The EU is swallowing Austria up.

I hope you guys have a referendum option available to you as soon as possible.

Are you confident remain would win in Austria?

And PS - you can say whatever you like about Brexit, but there are two undeniable facts currently happening

1. The UK economy is growing stronger
    2. The Austrian economy is growing weaker

So.....
    Last edited by mortgyes; 2021-06-25 at 12:47 PM.

As a UK citizen, all i know is Project Fear was the biggest bull shitters of them all.

Boris Johnson even fulfilled his promise with all that extra money to the NHS which has seen the most money in its entire history.

The UK is doing perfectly fine after Brexit.
    That's a lie you're knowingly or unknowingly spreading.

The bus said that £350m a week would be taken from the payments we make to the EU which ignored several things -
    1. We never sent £350m a week to the EU.
    2. Of the money we did send some was spent in Britain on projects the government vowed to continue paying for.
    3. The economic hit from Brexit more than wiped out whatever was left.

The additional investment in the NHS (which doesn't include paying the workers, hence they're receiving an effective pay-cut this year as the government's way of saying "fuck you" for taking the brunt of the pandemic) is either coming from other parts of spending, higher taxes or (more likely knowing the Conservatives terrible fiscal responsibility) by increasing the national debt. Also let's not forget how much of that money was completely wasted on crony contracts for ineffective PPE or the laughable test-and-trace system.

Now why don't you go and tell some of the fishermen or farmers who are looking at going bust how project "I-told-you-so" was all bullshit?

15+ Year Old Account
    Totally agree.
    Don't even pretend.

Multiple countries that are dependant on each other for mechanisms that control their levels of wealth is insanity.
    So you're against trade then? Interesting.

If Austria do anything productive for itself, all of that benefit will by spread into nothingness across all EUR countries.
    Bold claim from someone that has yet to link anything that backs up their points. Any chance you'll give me the link where you get your information about covid impact from?

You know what happens because of that?

Business leaders move out of that country and operate elsewhere.
    And you have numbers for that as well, right? This is not you just bullshitting your way through the topic, correct?

The EU is swallowing Austria up.
    Right, making away with trade barriers is bad for us. Sure.

I hope you guys have a referendum option available to you as soon as possible.
    We almost had, up until you guys actually voted leave. Then the party that was on the side of "Auxit" dropped all their talking about leaving the EU and even asked Farrage to not attend their rallies because they didn't want to be associated with Brexit.

Are you confident remain would win in Austria?
    No.

If we have better border control now how come people are constantly whinging about people entering the country unlawfully across the channel? If Priti Patel is doing such a good job how come she has to break the law in order to accommodate the refugees?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    If we have better border control now how come people are constantly whinging about people entering the country unlawfully across the channel? If Priti Patel is doing such a good job how come she has to break the law in order to accommodate the refugees?
    Everytime someone mentions Priti Patel I am immediately reminded of this gem:

Everytime someone mentions Priti Patel I am immediately reminded of this gem:
    I have that when they say priti patel.. i get that sketch with those puppets where she's a witch .. makes me giggle.

When I hear "Priti Patel" I'm reminded that she was forced to resign from May's Cabinet for "freelance foreign policy" (essentially undeclared lobbying,) was found to have broken the Ministerial code for bullying members of her staff and broke the law by keeping asylum seekers in squalid conditions unsuitable for the pandemic. Absolutely terrible, corrupt scum.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    That's a lie you're knowingly or unknowingly spreading.

The bus said that £350m a week would be taken from the payments we make to the EU which ignored several things -
    1. We never sent £350m a week to the EU.
    2. Of the money we did send some was spent in Britain on projects the government vowed to continue paying for.
    3. The economic hit from Brexit more than wiped out whatever was left.

The additional investment in the NHS (which doesn't include paying the workers, hence they're receiving an effective pay-cut this year as the government's way of saying "fuck you" for taking the brunt of the pandemic) is either coming from other parts of spending, higher taxes or (more likely knowing the Conservatives terrible fiscal responsibility) by increasing the national debt. Also let's not forget how much of that money was completely wasted on crony contracts for ineffective PPE or the laughable test-and-trace system.

Now why don't you go and tell some of the fishermen or farmers who are looking at going bust how project "I-told-you-so" was all bullshit?
    The 100's of millions a week EU membership cost to the UK is hard to quantify, I expect it was substantially more than your quoted figures and especially when you consider the huge costs of loss of opportunity to the UK through being EU members held back in their endeavours.

Farmers in the UK have been damaged by massive EU imports of beef flooding in. This year alone the UK, in order to help the EU prepare for the future outside of the UK market it has lost, will still import more than 200,000 tonnes of EU beef. From next year, protecting British farmers, EU imported beef will be restricted to 35,000 tonnes. That restriction hurts EU farmers, not British ones.

A fishing deal with Greenland, the largest island in the world, will provide fantastic opportunities and a

"bumper deal for UK fishermen"

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...berg-liz-truss

No bullshit, Just an easy dismemberment of more project fear nonsense.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"