Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    So did half the known dreadlords
    Which aren't a threat then
    The same with Denathrius

We already beat them
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    Considering we haven't seen any Void-related souls in the Shadowlands, it's likely that the Old Gods return to the Void when they "die" in reality.
    This is confusing because I thought Void entities went to Ny'alotha when they died and Ny'alotha was like a separate reality and we only went to a certain part of Ny'alotha to fight N'zoth.

Like Il'gynoth went to Ny'alotha when he died in the Dream.

Doesn't the whole place explode when we kill N'Zoth though?

I thought the Twilight Realm, Y'shaarjs realm in the Garrosh fight, Yogg-Sarons mindscape and the Dread Expanse in the Sha of Fear fight were all essentially Nya'lotha.

So many fucking dumbass realms Blizzard pull out of their assholes that they're all meaningless.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2021-06-25 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    This was never accepted and most didn't even theorize this, as the scale is entirely different. Xavius would fit the timeline, even if just barely. But he lacks any connection at all to the rest of the plot to make this a relevant guess.

Fact is we still don't know who or what send the red blast. It could be Denathrius as well, even though it seems unlikely as there was this angle that suggest it didn't come from one of the shadowlands planes, but it wouldn't be first time where Blizzard is not thinking things through. Given that he immediately went to drain the shadowlands dry he clearly had some kind of knowledge, even if it was just dreadlord spy intel.

Argus is a logical guess due to the powers involved, but it's also badly represented, as the red powers of argus only exist in mythic, and even the ardenweald theater uses the black/blue/green color scheme to represent him and his abilties. So the visual connection is exclusive to a hand full of players which even for Blizzard would be a phenomenally bad leap in logic when it comes to visual storytelling.
    Remember that it was revealed that Sire Denathrius still had control over the Nathrezim, who were still loyal to him. So Denathrius could have orchestrated that blast that knocked down the Arbiter from outside of the Shadowlands through the Nathrezim.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    I don't get why people are obsessed with this idea, that the "red soul" that shut down/broke/knocked out/whatever the Arbiter is Argus, when a far more likely candidate for that soul's owner is the boss we had just killed, N'Zoth. Argus wasn't even killed, he was defeated. N'Zoth is dead.
    Neither of those souls go to Shadowlands, it isn't either of them.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Neither of those souls go to Shadowlands, it isn't either of them.
    That's assuming that Argus isn't some form of exception, which isn't too far fetched when everything, even his files, point to his powers being related to Death.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    That's assuming that Argus isn't some form of exception, which isn't too far fetched when everything, even his files, point to his powers being related to Death.
    Sure, but I think it's just better to stick with the more clearly defined simple explanation until proven otherwise. We've been told by the writers that the Titans and Old Gods go to other places when they die, so if that's the case, it's not either of them. A simpler explanation would be that it was just something done by the Jailer or Denathrius to kick off the "big plans".

Speculation is fun, but when the lore says no it doesn't fit, and there are simpler avenues at hand to explore, there's not really any use grasping at straws.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

I feel like you can sometimes guess on the theme of the next expansion by checking out what new models they add during the middle/end of the expansion.
    Example: They added a new robed ghost model for the voljin questline and tauren heritage armor questline. That model is now used in multiple locations in Shadowlands.
    New demon (infernal, fel dogs) models in 6.2 > we get legion
    Then there's also the storemounts that set a precendent sometimes: Runesaber and Sylvarian dreamer

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Yas-Queen Rochana View Post
    I thought it was commonly accepted that the soul that broke the Arbiter was Xavius' ?
    It's commonly accepted that the soul that broke the Arbiter was Argus.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Argus was thousands of times older than Xavius, and his entire existence was torture to being back demons from the dead. All of his spells were Death spells. He's a literal Titan. Xavius is just an insane goat.
    I doubt its Argus its most likely a charged blast from Denathrius.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    I feel like you can sometimes guess on the theme of the next expansion by checking out what new models they add during the middle/end of the expansion.
    Example: They added a new robed ghost model for the voljin questline and tauren heritage armor questline. That model is now used in multiple locations in Shadowlands.
    New demon (infernal, fel dogs) models in 6.2 > we get legion
    Then there's also the storemounts that set a precendent sometimes: Runesaber and Sylvarian dreamer
    We've already had some interesting things added to the game that may hint at the next expansion.

Timecap'n Hooktail

In the new dungeon in 9.1, one of the bosses is an Infinite Dragon. This implies there is some sort of connection between the Brokers, Korthia, and the Infinite Dragonflight.

https://ptr.wowhead.com/news/pirate-...ilities-321856

Non-Combat Pet Timeless Mechanical Dragonling

Buried in the patch notes for 9.1 is this new non-combat pet. It's going to be sold by the same NPC that sells other WoW anniversary items in the Caverns of Time. It looks like it costs the same currency as well. So, we can conclude that this will likely be a reward for the next anniversary. It's flavor text is:

Dragons come in all types of temporal classification -- timeless, time-lost, and even infinite.

Why would this be the reward for this anniversary? Generally the rewards are connected to current or past content.

https://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=179125/t...cal-dragonling

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    I don't get why people are obsessed with this idea, that the "red soul" that shut down/broke/knocked out/whatever the Arbiter is Argus, when a far more likely candidate for that soul's owner is the boss we had just killed, N'Zoth. Argus wasn't even killed, he was defeated. N'Zoth is dead.
    Because the arbiter broke in legion

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hipolnalrt View Post
    We've already had some interesting things added to the game that may hint at the next expansion.

Timecap'n Hooktail

In the new dungeon in 9.1, one of the bosses is an Infinite Dragon. This implies there is some sort of connection between the Brokers, Korthia, and the Infinite Dragonflight.

Buried in the patch notes for 9.1 is this new non-combat pet. It's going to be sold by the same NPC that sells other WoW anniversary items in the Caverns of Time. It looks like it costs the same currency as well. So, we can conclude that this will likely be a reward for the next anniversary. It's flavor text is:

Dragons come in all types of temporal classification -- timeless, time-lost, and even infinite.

Why would this be the reward for this anniversary? Generally the rewards are connected to current or past content.

1. The pirate dragon doesn’t really need to be connected just read the dungeon journal

2. Last year was lil nefarion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post

1. The pirate dragon doesn’t really need to be connected just read the dungeon journal

2. Last year was lil nefarion
    Yes - but 1) would they really create a new model just to use once in a dungeon in the middle of an expansion? 2) That was at least past content - what would the Timeless Mechanical Dragonling tie to?

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    ?????? Dempika i just read
    love WoWarcraft

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes - but 1) would they really create a new model just to use once in a dungeon in the middle of an expansion? 2) That was at least past content - what would the Timeless Mechanical Dragonling tie to?
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Mechanical_dragon
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Could mean something, could mean nothing. Remember that one of the 6-month subscription/store mounts mid BfA was a mechanical dragon too, Steamscale Incinerator.

10+ Year Old Account
    So for an anniversary gift they’re giving us a pet that reminds us of the good times we had with a few other non combat pets and a store mount? Don’t buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    I'd argue you are looking at the wrong aspect here. I don't feel the pattern is in the final villains, but rather in the main consistent villain of each expansion. Here's how I see the pattern.

Mists: Garrosh Hellscream. Came into prevalence in Cata, was constantly a thorn in everyone's side through MoP, kicked off Warlords by escaping and going to AU Draenor.
    Warlords: Gul'dan. Returned to the game in Warlords, was a constant pain throughout the expansion. Kicked off Legion by porting into the Vault of the Wardens.
    Legion: While he was not in the forefront, much of the plot involved Sargeras and the quest to give him a new body. He was often plot-adjacent until he stabbed Azeroth and kicked off BfA.
    BfA: Sylvanas was basically displayed as the constant enemy, even though there were quests to be loyal to her. Her actions with the Helm of Domination kicked off Shadowlands.
    Shadowlands: At this point, the Jailer still seems to be the main villain. If this theory holds true, then something he does at the end will be what kicks off 10.0. Given his claims that "Death comes for your world," I have to wonder if he'll try to attack Azeroth head-on and cause her more damage leading into 10.0.
    I would look towards the night warrior who just got a fancy new model as being more impactful going into next expansion than the Jailer. The Jailer probly ends up in chains and a bygone character at the end of SL, but there isn't a way to really know. I am just thinking right now they are going to amp up the storyline around Tyrande going forward, though.

Timecap'n Hooktail

Kind of! This is probably a one-off model. Talking more about models for regular mobs. The dragon could still mean something, since it is a HD version of the existing infinite dragon model which could be reused but without armor. You could be onto something here!

If we're working off consequences of BFA, the major themes here that have the most relevance going forward would be Uldir, Drust, and Mechagon. We kind of already saw Azshara be relevant in N'Zoth's raid with the Black Empire, so maybe she's most likely to pop up again. Of the themes I think Uldir is least likely to be immediately relevant, but Titan stuff has a way of becoming relevant randomly throughout the game as we uncover more Titan stuff, so another callback to the Titan stuff - like Ra'den or MOTHER might be relevant again somehow barring some shenanigan handwavey stuff from the Black Empire raid being maybe not real or something.

Of any themes from BFA I'd hope Sethrak would be relevant again, but I don't see them having much conflict going forward with Mythrax already resolved in BFA. There is some mining going on in Vol'dun for Azerite that might be relevant later, if Ashvane's legacy still holds any threats (not as likely). Sethraliss maybe might have some future relevance as a snake loa, in terms of being Active once again after the events of the dungeon -- some wayward other primal tribes out in the world may still revere and worship Sethraliss which may bring the Loa to relevance and by extension bring the Sethrak back into the spotlight again. Might be interesting if they tied Sethrak to Naga in this way with Azshara, but that'd be what I'd want to see (and frankly it'd be entirely unlikely at all). Maybe if some content focused on revisiting the Aqir & Troll Wars, Sethraliss could pop in that way as well. Sethraliss also appears during Talanji's coronation, so if Talanji has any permanence going forward, the Loa could also show up as a boon or force of Talanji's beckon potentially.

Stromgarde and Darkshore may have been good candidates for future follow-ups, but considering how poorly received in general the Warfronts were and that we don't seem to be getting more, I doubt we'll see too much if any follow up on these, but that would be another area of BFA that could be followed up. Maybe the most relevant going forward to HvA tensions and conflict stories. Stromgarde may have some relevance in terms of history in terms of how it relates to the Forsaken and them looking for a home, so that might be a possibility. Darkshore could also play into the Worgen or Night Elves trying to establish a home in the future (though I'd sooner expect Worgen to go for Gilneas or if not the capital itself then perhaps the Blackwald).

Islands as well didn't seem to be well-received. So while there were tons of interesting islands that could make site for a lot of potential future content, as well because it wasn't as well received I don't think it would be as likely to be relevant. But some of the island locations were pretty interesting: Dread Chain (mogu, ice trolls, kvaldir, vrykul, yetis), Havenswood (feral worgen, old god forces, necromancers), Jordundall (vrykul, vargul, taunka), Snowblossom (Pandaren, virmin, Undead, mantid, mogu), Un'gol Ruins (ogre ruins, hozen, pygmies, quilboar, gorlocs, troggs, kobolds, saurok, naga), Verdant Wilds (Cenarion, Furbolg, Night elves), and Uncharted Island (hozen, gorillas). People seem to talk about South Seas type expansions regularly, so maybe these islands would be relevant in that kind of expansion.

15+ Year Old Account
    So for an anniversary gift they’re giving us a pet that reminds us of the good times we had with a few other non combat pets and a store mount? Don’t buy it.
    It fits with anniversary events though. Old world bosses, old AV, etc.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."