my subs went to thorlar. Dude is wholesome as fuck. And here's why i love this: I know like 5 ff streamers right now: Zepla, larryzaur, Mr Happy, WesAlbert, and... MTQcapture. This event lets you find new streamers you may not know about. I think its amazing. Dude has like 150 viewers and cant believe he's on this list. I cant see the downside. Genuinely. I get a store mount. My money goes to the streamer (and er, twitch). But it goes to the streamer. Who on earth would be mad about this? I dont need the mount. In about three months, itll come back apparently. You can get it then. But right now... its gonna cost you 20 bucks to your favorite streamer (not square enix). Man, how bitter youd have to be to think it was a negative thing?
    Last edited by ippollite; 2021-06-25 at 12:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly. I actually never heard of Thorlar so i might give him a watch while i grind Bozja (leveling alt jobs). I did notice there is 3 or 4 streamers on that list that have less than 5k followers in the US. Now i won't speak of their quality but I will go out of my way to try to watch them. No offense intended to the big streamers but I am going to use this as an excuse to discover others. Some of my favorite channels I follow on twitch are Affiliates and Fresh Partners.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

The big streamers are genuinely fine. Ive watched zepla and annie and seen the ridiculous chain subbing. I picked this dude because he looks chill. After 2 hours of staying in stream, this dude is CHILL as fuck. That being said, i dont want to scupper new subs. So he's an entire and total asshole. Dude hasnt even leveled a character beyond ARR! This is some noob bullshit! (i love this dude. He's so sweet).
    Last edited by ippollite; 2021-06-25 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ippollite View Post
    From whom?

- - - Updated - - -

Its a twitch promo, so you'll obviously need a twitch account. Gifting subs just means giving people following the streamer a subscription to the channel ($4.99 per sub). I think half of that goes to twitch, whilst the other half goes to the streamer. There's a list of people who are partnered with the event in the Lodestone. So its not just anyone streaming ff14.

Here's the actual info on the main page: https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodes...73bb377a7fb821
    Good info. I was looking all over my twitch thinking the offer wasn't there or something, but it's outside of twitch kinda. And who doesn't want a fat black chocobo? DO fat chocobo's come with fat chocobo music too? Like the normal chocobo music but with a loud tuba playing in the background or something.

Thanks for that page, i'll def give some of them some support. Zepla is about the only major FF14 streamer i know, and i found her through youtube video guides for the game.

I can't wait for Meoni to make a video for every single sub that gets donated on his channel.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    DO fat chocobo's come with fat chocobo music too? Like the normal chocobo music but with a loud tuba playing in the background or something.
    99 percent sure it does, been a long time since I got on mine though.

10+ Year Old Account
    So tonight my Gunbreaker will be 80. Having only been playing for about a month and a half this go around (I originally started in 2010, then quit and returned 4 times over the years), getting a Samurai and Gunbreaker to 80 is big for me. I also got Mining and Fishing to 80, and Bard and Blacksmithing to 75. My goal is to get one of every "role" to max for Endwalker.
    Tank - Gunbreaker
    Melee - Samurai
    P Ranged - Bard

Healer - ???
    Caster - ???

The last two I don't know about. For healer I am leaning White Mage but also think i might actually wait and make a Sage when they come out cause i like the Gundamlike Funnels. As for casters, definitely not Summoner is all i know. I could go Red Mage, but i hate the armor styling for the class. Black Mage maybe but the casters really don't scream out to me.

Thoughts? Is a Black Mage fun at cap or is it a stationary turret that I have heard some people refer to it as.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    So tonight my Gunbreaker will be 80. Having only been playing for about a month and a half this go around (I originally started in 2010, then quit and returned 4 times over the years), getting a Samurai and Gunbreaker to 80 is big for me. I also got Mining and Fishing to 80, and Bard and Blacksmithing to 75. My goal is to get one of every "role" to max for Endwalker.
    Tank - Gunbreaker
    Melee - Samurai
    P Ranged - Bard

Healer - ???
    Caster - ???

The last two I don't know about. For healer I am leaning White Mage but also think i might actually wait and make a Sage when they come out cause i like the Gundamlike Funnels. As for casters, definitely not Summoner is all i know. I could go Red Mage, but i hate the armor styling for the class. Black Mage maybe but the casters really don't scream out to me.

Thoughts? Is a Black Mage fun at cap or is it a stationary turret that I have heard some people refer to it as.
    Healer, I'd go White Mage personally. It's the most straight forward of the healers with a great healing kit. I've never clicked with Scholar and Astrologian, while fun to play, just has a lot more stuff to think about and do than White Mage. So, depending on what you want out of a Healer, choose White Mage or Astrologian. Astro starts at level 30, just like Machinist and Dark Knight. So that might sway your decision a bit.

As for casters, I'd highly recommend Red Mage. Black Mage is absolutely the stationary turret, it's designed that way. It looks amazing and puts out big numbers with the spells but unless you're into that style and therefore easily wrap your head around it (ie where to stand, when to move, HOW to move, etc...), it makes most boss battles feel awful due to the mechanics that force you to move and cut your casts short and stuff. It's not hard, it's just annoying. In contrast, Red Mage can move almost constantly due to the Dual Casting mechanic, which does take a bit of time to get used to, but once you get it, it feels great. Also, Red Mage has rez, coupled with Dual Casting/ Instant Casts means you can save a group really easily when people start dying.

Seconding the White Mage and Red Mage recommendations.

Honestly, Healer gameplay was broken in Shadowbringers. Scholar and Astrologian used to be really fun but now they're hollow shells of their former selves. White Mage is the only remotely "fun" healer right now, and even then it's pretty barebones.

Red Mage is easy and fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
    IGN are as legitimate as an African countries election.
    Anyone who takes their word for anything is a fool.
    That being said, ff14 is a great game.
    Lol they said GW2 "encourages social interaction," but what you're really doing is playing by yourself, together.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well looks like White Mage and Red Mage might be on my list then. Due to my work to play ratio, Ill likely boost a white mage. I wont put real people through hell initially, just trusts and RL friends (they exist to be abused, they know this). I had started a Red Mage a long time ago and got a couple levels on it, but ill give them a serious try on my next leveling cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Well looks like White Mage and Red Mage might be on my list then. Due to my work to play ratio, Ill likely boost a white mage. I wont put real people through hell initially, just trusts and RL friends (they exist to be abused, they know this). I had started a Red Mage a long time ago and got a couple levels on it, but ill give them a serious try on my next leveling cycle.
    WHM is a healer so you'll get faster queues for leveling. If you want to use a boost use it on the Red Mage, and then manually level the WHM.

IGN are as legitimate as an African countries election.
    Anyone who takes their word for anything is a fool.
    That being said, ff14 is a great game.
    the quality of IGN is irrelevant to the point he was making, that factually, IGN is the biggest game site out there and there isn't even a close 2nd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    WHM is a healer so you'll get faster queues for leveling. If you want to use a boost use it on the Red Mage, and then manually level the WHM.
    Having just gone through the leveling with the tank, yeah queues are faster but ill be honest, sometimes its hit or miss whether you can get people that can do mechanics. I have had bad experiences in the few rare dungeons that require more than one person to do their job right, Im thinking of one dungeon in particular though i cant remember its name. Its outdoors, has a 2nd boss that does not actually require fighting, mostly dodging mechanics and instructions. There is one phase that requires at least 3 people to do it right to proceed. Even after 3 wipes and two of us trying our best to explain, our healer and one dps just kept eating dirt.

Just because something is big doesn't mean it's good.
    Look at the USA.
    Still seem to be missing the point. No one is saying IGN is good. Just that it's the largest gaming publication by a HUGE margin and is claiming that FFXIV is "the best." Whether you believe it or not, or whether you like IGN or not is irrelevant. The largest gaming publication in existence making a statement like that gives that statement a huge amount of weight.

Just because something is big doesn't mean it's good.
    Look at the USA.
    the point is flying over your tiny american hating head. McDonalds is the worlds biggest restaurant, but hardly anyone would say it's the best (i hope not at least)

IGN is the biggest game site out there, and while i have more than my fair share of gripes with the decline in quality over the last 10 years, they remain the king of gaming sites. They are practically bigger than the others put together, tbh.

You can cry about their quality, that's fine, but you'd have to be a fool to deny their size and scope.

Red mage is...

white mage is super easy. Wanna play a class without a rotation and just spams holy/glare? (right now its stone iv). But its gonna be glare eventually. Point is, im not stuck to some 27 button rotation i need to remember. Instead i have four dps buttons i need to hit (holy, aero, stone/glare, and assize). Assize is some nons... point is, so long as you have medica 2, healing is the easiest rotation in game.

Red mage is a matter of making sure your keybinds are on point. If i can sum it up... jolt, veraero, Probably a proc = if not, jolt again, if proc (verstone following veraero, verfire following verthunder)... if youre hard casting ver aero or ver thunder, you need to go to a training dummy at once. Short casts proc an instant cast long cast. So jolt, verfire, and verstone proc instascast veraero and verthunder. Go to a target dummy and work this out. if you get this right, you'll never have a long cast outside of instant cast. If you do it wrong, youre gonna go short cast (below 2 seconds) then long cast (below 5 seconds). Yes. FIVE SECONDS. Short casts proc instant long casts. If you dont have instant long casts (and instead have 4.88 second cast bar), youre not playing the class right. I dont mean min max, i mean basically, this is not how to play the class.

Once you do, redmage at level 50 is easy peasy. Do all this to 80/80 on your bar. Once it hits this, do your melee EMPOWERED effects (three buttons), then flip backwards, then repeat. Its not hard (against a target dummy), but super hard against mobs in the world, so practice. Because its really complicated in real world situations. Plus, your actual job is to res me when i mess up. And i love you for it.
    Last edited by ippollite; 2021-06-25 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Still seem to be missing the point. No one is saying IGN is good. Just that it's the largest gaming publication by a HUGE margin and is claiming that FFXIV is "the best." Whether you believe it or not, or whether you like IGN or not is irrelevant. The largest gaming publication in existence making a statement like that gives that statement a huge amount of weight.
    it's even more damning when you remember than IGN is practically bought and paid for by ATVI/EA. The quality of FF14 over WoW must be extraordinary for IGN to rank WoW 2nd, just because IGN is fanatically loyal to ATVI and EA.

EDIT: Although to prove that guy a little correct about the quality of IGN... they ranked Phantasy Star Online 2 as the third best MMORPG, which is insanity.
    Last edited by justandulas; 2021-06-25 at 02:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ippollite View Post
    Red mage is...

white mage is super easy. Wanna play a class without a rotation and just spams holy/glare? (right now its stone iv). But its gonna be glare eventually. Point is, im not stuck to some 27 button rotation i need to remember. Instead i have dour dps buttons i need to hit (holy, aero, stone/glare, and assize). Assize is some nons... point is, so long as you have medica 2, healing is the easiest rotation in game.
    Lol thanks for trying to have a discussion between the IGN argument going on.

Kinda leaning white mage atm. Having a healer would be nice to have in my collection already.

Also.....I have a fantasia sitting in my bag since god knows when, i got it free at one point. Someone tell me I don't want to be a Lala? I am currently a female cat person, but the male RP walking animation and just the attitude the Lala's have really tempt me.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    EDIT: Although to prove that guy a little correct about the quality of IGN... they ranked Phantasy Star Online 2 as the third best MMORPG, which is insanity.
    Agreed. Their scale is broken, apparently. The fight between FFXIV and WoW is a fair one, but PSO2 being third? That's ridiculous.

PSO2 is the one and only MMO I know of that has cool mech fights, so that's a plus in its favor. FFXIV has a one off duty using the G-Warrior and that's it.