Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Spears View Post
    All it would take is one intern banning people spamming WTS groups and they could easily make the system far more useable without their games grouping tool resembling a gold selling site.

Why don't they do it?
    Because they don't want to pay GMs ofcourse.

Quote Originally Posted by brandon larson View Post
    Because they don't want to pay GMs ofcourse.
    Then don't. Abuse some random intern trying to get clout moderationing a video game.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    tbh blizzard should just start banning the ip address of those repeatedly braking their tos
    ...problem with that is Internet Cafes and VPNs exist

Ban an Internet Cafes IP address and you effectively ban the entire cafe. VPNs also very easily and cheaply gets around the IP address problem

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Spears View Post
    All it would take is one intern banning people spamming WTS groups and they could easily make the system far more useable without their games grouping tool resembling a gold selling site.

Why don't they do it?
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$

[Same reason most people are doing things that make no sense]

Those boosters tend to use the gold to buy tokens. Tokens are (originally) bought with $$$$. So, Blizz probably figures: more boosts=more tokens=more $$$$.

Plus those players are subbed as well (which = $$$).

I would ban those players just because allowing it basically makes WoW pay 2 win. That's why I laugh at elitist in this game. You can buy all the titles and gear, which makes them meaningless.

Just buy a token, sell it for gold and buy a boost for H Sire! Some runs will even give you all the loot from the raid that works for your spec. You can walk away with three or four pieces and then you get a vault piece too. There are also M+ carries as well......

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    ...problem with that is Internet Cafes and VPNs exist

Ban an Internet Cafes IP address and you effectively ban the entire cafe. VPNs also very easily and cheaply gets around the IP address problem
    sadly true forgot about them, there is a game (forgot the name) that when they than ppl ban their hardware, so in order for them to get round the bar they need to replace their hardware

sadly true forgot about them, there is a game (forgot the name) that when they than ppl ban their hardware, so in order for them to get round the bar they need to replace their hardware
    Fortnite..also ignore the internet cafe problem

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    i'd have to do some HW, but it happened during Legion sometime when M+ runs were first being sold. Blizz basically said as long as they use gold, it's all good, but the second IRL cash is involved... banhammer.
    No it's just plain advertisement. You shouldn't be advertising your twitch channel in LFG either even if you're "doing free boosts". I would argue to add anything .com or with twitch in the description as well to the ban list. It wouldn't take much work like you're claiming.

10+ Year Old Account
    advertisers do not get banned. they get their accounts silenced. there is a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    what?
    blizz NEVER reversed punish back in old days, maybe now since Kodick value $ over any form of morality (he needs to keep his hobby of increase his yearly bonus and fire staff) but in classic era they never did
    If u bought gold or boost u r fucked, and since they can and do keep all chat and whispers in-game u can't even claim u are victim and blizz is evil because they can and will and did release the whisper chat u did with gold seller (which happened to someone i even knew personally in-game way back in classic), they aren't afraid of any form of bad PR u can do when u broke the law and bought illegal gold or boost
    at best u have ur account totally naked as happened to my rl friend, enjoy it, at worst they can just flat out ban it, and blizz back then had morals, remember they banned the gm shirt item guy permanently and never reversed it, even if most ppl agree it was way too harsh punish
    Not sure what anything you just said had to do with my post. Just a whole lot of "lol blizz evul".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    If you don't have an agenda you will never be heard, If I didn't love WoW I wouldn't still be on the forums. If you look at WoW objectively as someone who has played it for near 2 decades you can see the game has changed in many ways that are akin to mobile game design philosophy where you are put on a treadmill that they have made slower and slower and consistently taken away class power and reintroduced it as though it was something new, and now they literally have a season pass in the game that they call covenants. It is no longer an RPG that is for damn sure. Mark my words they will add a season pass to WoW on top of the sub fee (which is absurdly priced for what you get) and then all hell will break loose.
    "Wow is on the decline" can't be proven because no one has that info. "3 players I know got tired of bullshit quit and went to pservers" how is that not offensive? Then some comments about whales quitting, another thing you can't know, just to throw in a "you know they're doing bad." I believe that is called begging the question. Using a statement that has not been proven or maybe even can't be as evidence.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Fortnite..also ignore the internet cafe problem
    thanks and i did, so why cant blizzard just do what epic games did?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Not sure what anything you just said had to do with my post. Just a whole lot of "lol blizz evul".
    -.-? what exactly u can't understand?
    a warlock undead player i knew in classic bought gold, his account got hacked, blizz returned it, he claimed innocence, blizz literally sent his own whisper chat to him with gold seller, another case but not don't know him personally someone made on forums and blizz published his private chat on same forum he made and faked innocence
    So no, blizz back then actually did hunt them, back then trial accounts had way more stuff to do than now (including famous corpse messages), so while blizz banned a lot they still got away with it, specially since china/korea don't even buy account like us, just gameplay time
    Blizz doesn't want to stop that now because it serves them, as i said just logging in orgrimmar and check chat every 30 min will give u a full list of ban accounts if they want, that's the bare minimum effort, they don't care, why many answered here in detail but tldr: it serves their algorithm of addiction
    and while some ppl love to believe that firing 8% of entire work staff then in 2 years fire 10% of staff won't effect wow, doubt that all those workers are purely janitors, not to mention how average activision employee is actually underpayed in comparison to any other company, while having the most overpayed ceo in usa gaming history at same time

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    "Wow is on the decline" can't be proven because no one has that info.
    but u can guess and have solid evidence, the easiest one is blizz themselves stopped their own tradition of publishing sub numbers since last report it was worse than classic era itself, claiming that number of players isn't important in a MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER online game, but profit is, they flat out admit that they just want to milk as much money as possible from left addicts in game instead of improve quality and recruit more players to game
    with how online everything is, u can guess, if u claim wow isn't dying and is back to being popular show us proof, back in wrath everyone talked about it including many media methods like tv and movies and news, now who even mentions it? u get news about fortnite (like it or not) but wow u must go to dedicated news website, usually about wow itself since general gaming sites don't mention wow except at exp launch at most
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

thanks and i did, so why cant blizzard just do what epic games did?
    1. Fortnite is also majority played on mobile and consoles so banning hardware is a much bigger hit ($1000 phone vs $200 hard drive)

2. It's also not as popular in internet Cafes (which might be a relative potato that can run wow but not Fortnite) as such you don't ban an entire town because of one bad egg (these are mostly popular in areas where home internet isn't as widespread)

3. Hardware bans are circumvented by traded out the hard drive...

And finally 4. The big one Fortnite is Free to Play...in wow even if someone paid for everything in gold that is still gold paid for by someone else...if you cheat at fortnite your not a paying customer anyway and probably won't be one so not as big a hit to Epic
    Last edited by Mysterymask; 2021-06-25 at 02:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    Because they don't want to pay GMs. Same reason they got rid of master loot. Same reason botting is out of fucking control. Pure greed.
    Botting isn't out of control. Back in May they neutralised a vast majority of rotation bots, the supposed-least-harmful of bots.

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    advertisers do not get banned. they get their accounts silenced. there is a difference.
    9.1 patch notes:

Silenced players cannot search or apply to active groups.
    A group will automatically delist and cannot create a Group Finder listing if there is a silenced player in the group.

Cool cool cool

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard should just do what twitch did with pool streams - make channel for boosting, hunt down remaining spam on trade and lfg.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    it's ok because it's for gold which blizzard now sells to players.
    Blizzard doesn't sell gold, it is players who sell gold to those who want to buy with their wow tokens.
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

Quote Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post
    Blizzard doesn't sell gold, it is players who sell gold to those who want to buy with their wow tokens.
    blizz still makes money from tokens lol

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    -.-? what exactly u can't understand?
    a warlock undead player i knew in classic bought gold, his account got hacked, blizz returned it, he claimed innocence, blizz literally sent his own whisper chat to him with gold seller, another case but not don't know him personally someone made on forums and blizz published his private chat on same forum he made and faked innocence
    So no, blizz back then actually did hunt them, back then trial accounts had way more stuff to do than now (including famous corpse messages), so while blizz banned a lot they still got away with it, specially since china/korea don't even buy account like us, just gameplay time
    Blizz doesn't want to stop that now because it serves them, as i said just logging in orgrimmar and check chat every 30 min will give u a full list of ban accounts if they want, that's the bare minimum effort, they don't care, why many answered here in detail but tldr: it serves their algorithm of addiction
    and while some ppl love to believe that firing 8% of entire work staff then in 2 years fire 10% of staff won't effect wow, doubt that all those workers are purely janitors, not to mention how average activision employee is actually underpayed in comparison to any other company, while having the most overpayed ceo in usa gaming history at same time

- - - Updated - - -

but u can guess and have solid evidence, the easiest one is blizz themselves stopped their own tradition of publishing sub numbers since last report it was worse than classic era itself, claiming that number of players isn't important in a MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER online game, but profit is, they flat out admit that they just want to milk as much money as possible from left addicts in game instead of improve quality and recruit more players to game
    with how online everything is, u can guess, if u claim wow isn't dying and is back to being popular show us proof, back in wrath everyone talked about it including many media methods like tv and movies and news, now who even mentions it? u get news about fortnite (like it or not) but wow u must go to dedicated news website, usually about wow itself since general gaming sites don't mention wow except at exp launch at most
    So we have an anecdote that suits your agenda. Then a "they cared then and don't now" which is so subjective and unprovable I'm insulted you tried to use it as an argument. Then another assumption. Then an armchair dev "but it would be so easy a monkey could do it only reason they haven't is they don't care" nonsense. Then forgetting what the concept of a holding company is. And your "solid evidence" is coorelation which...to borrow the trite expression, does not equal causation. Then we have putting words in their mouths to suit your agenda. Then yet another person who seems to equate social media presence with popularity. Here's a tip. Popular stuff is not always good. Less popular stuff is not always bad.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    blizz still makes money from tokens lol
    Yeah they make money from tokens. Now read back to your earlier comment and see what you claimed. Quite a revelation, right?
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    9.1 patch notes:

Silenced players cannot search or apply to active groups.
    A group will automatically delist and cannot create a Group Finder listing if there is a silenced player in the group.

Cool cool cool
    silenced people can play the game still. That is different than being banned. cool cool cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.