View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    That's from last year.

Here's a little graphic from the BBC that shows percentages worldwide. You did great compared to Austria, like really really well.

and here's one provided by your own government:

source: https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/gross...mic/2021-02-01
    So you countered my last year forecasts with links of data older than last year forecasts.

Gotcha.....

PS- you should be looking at bounce back data. Think you'll find UK is top 3 in world right now.

(Not that I'm making the point to compete, I'm making the point Brexit wasn't bad for the UK at all and people saying it is are bullshitters).
    Last edited by mortgyes; 2021-06-25 at 06:46 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mortgyes View Post
    So you countered my last year forecasts with links of data older than last year forecasts.

Gotcha.....

PS- you should be looking at bounce back data. Think you'll find UK is top 3 in world right now.

(Not that I'm making the point to compete, I'm making the point Brexit wasn't bad for the UK at all and people saying it is are bullshitters).
    How exactly is a forecast from June 2020 more recent than data provided in February 2021? Well, you were hit worse, so you have a greater bounce back, well done.

What's next, you're telling us that breaking your bones and healing is better than just getting a bruise in the first place?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Would kind of suck if you didn't rape the kids and you were executed by accident though, wouldn't it? Whoops.

That's the point: there's no backsies with the death penalty, and no way to guarantee certainty of guilt. But hey that requires suspending one's instinct to base morality on kneejerk emotional responses, and I understand that's a pretty rare faculty over the pond these days.
    Just to throw more on the pile, there are many other reasons to oppose death penalty, as well, if things like morality or a possible (inevitable) whoopsie doopsie don't do it for you.

1) Death penalty is more expensive, than to lock-up for life. It's the litigation that drives the price of death penalty very high. You want to make sure you get the right person, as you only get one shot at it (pun intended).

2) Arguably, being locked-up for life is worse than rotting away in a cell. Especially, if we are talking about someone who raped a kid. Criminals like that tend to get singled out rather quickly in prisons, and you are then destined to forever be kept away from people. Isolation is torture for the mind. Just search for studies on what solitary does to people.

3) It's incredibly hard - for the executioner. They are regular people too, who are tasked to oversee the prisoners well-being and day-to-day life in the prison. And then some angry kids on the street come and demand you start executing people; usually with injections that barely work in doing what they are supposed to do; kill you in calm manner. It can be anything but calm, and seeing, nay, doing that to someone you've bonded with can seriously fuck you up. It's easy to type in the internet how you want someone killed, never having to see or do it, but do think of the people who actually have to kill another human being. I recommend googling about the work of an executioner.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

How exactly is a forecast from June 2020 more recent than data provided in February 2021? Well, you were hit worse, so you have a greater bounce back, well done.

What's next, you're telling us that breaking your bones and healing is better than just getting a bruise in the first place?
    I suppose the only question remaining from my side then is -

Why do you care so much about the UK if everything is going so well for you in Austria?

I have lived in England my whole life.

The country majority is more than happy to have left the EU so we can move on to other things.

Why do you care so much still?

Can't you just move on aswell? Especially if things are so great for you?

15+ Year Old Account
    I suppose the only question remaining from my side then is -

Why do you care so much about the UK if everything is going so well for you in Austria?

I have lived in England my whole life.

The country majority is more than happy to have left the EU so we can move on to other things.

Why do you care so much still?

Can't you just move on aswell? Especially if things are so great for you?
    You made a claim about your country doing better than mine, so I got interested in if that is true. Considering you tried to tell me Austria should follow your example I wanted to see if there is anything to it. There isn't but instead of questioning your own story or if you've been lied to, you get all defensive and tell me to fuck off.

nice
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

You made a claim about your country doing better than mine, so I got interested in if that is true. Considering you tried to tell me Austria should follow your example I wanted to see if there is anything to it. There isn't but instead of questioning your own story or if you've been lied to, you get all defensive and tell me to fuck off.

nice
    Actually, i did the opposite. I welcomed you and your country.

But nice try at lieing as to what i actually said.

And the UK economy is leagues above Austrias.

So, you are in denial.

And this wasn't a dick measuring contest either, which i also stated multiple times.

This conversation was about Brexit being bad for the UK.

Which it clearly isn't.

So, you lied with basically every sentence in your last post.

And, you didn't answer my question.

If you are so happy with EU rule over Austria, why even debate about the UK, a country that (apparently) has no effect on your happiness?

15+ Year Old Account

So, you are in denial.

And this wasn't a dick measuring contest either, which i also stated multiple times.

Which it clearly isn't.

If you are so happy with EU rule over Austria, why even debate about the UK, a country that (apparently) has no effect on your happiness?
    Well if you just don't read my responses why should I repeat them?

Well if you just don't read my responses why should I repeat them?
    Because you're deflecting and never answered the question in the first place.

Wanna know what i really think of all this?

You want the UK to remain part of the EU for the exact same I want it to leave -

My tax money was used to fund you.

Man I really do wish the UK had some sort of licence to use the internet at times...

15+ Year Old Account
    Sounds good to me.

Some cunts deserve to die.
    Problem with death penalty is that it is irreversible. Which is all fine unless mankind do misstake like say the investigation, court etc.
    Which we clearly never do.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

So, you are in denial.

Which it clearly isn't.

I haven't taken a deep dive into how well it translates into a happy populace, but Austria's average disposable income is significantly higher that the UK's. They can take a 10% hit to GDP and still have a higher rate per capita than the UK's pre-pandemic figures.

So, you are in denial.

Which it clearly isn't.

He's debating it, because some bastard told him Austria should leave. I forgot who it was.

Also, you're comparing the UK to Austria. That's a mistake. As far as the UK is concerned, there is no Austria. There is only the EU. Get that into your brain. You're a third country now. You don't deal with Austria anymore. You deal with the EU. Just like the US. And after Trump got told to fuck off in every capital of the EU, even he got the message. So why aren't you?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I haven't taken a deep dive into how well it translates into a happy populace, but Austria's average disposable income is significantly higher that the UK's. They can take a 10% hit to GDP and still have a higher rate per capita than the UK's pre-pandemic figures.
    Evidence please

Evidence please
    https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/gross...ries/mwb7/ukea
    https://www.ceicdata.com/en/austria/...ome-per-capita

Learn that Google-Fu. It took me less than a minute.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    He's debating it, because some bastard told him Austria should leave. I forgot who it was.

Also, you're comparing the UK to Austria. That's a mistake. As far as the UK is concerned, there is no Austria. There is only the EU. Get that into your brain. You're a third country now. You don't deal with Austria anymore. You deal with the EU. Just like the US. And after Trump got told to fuck off in every capital of the EU, even he got the message. So why aren't you?
    Because if they start accepting this, then they'll realise the emperor has no clothes. That they have been lied to and their reality will fall down around them. At this point I think they are further from reality than Trump fanatics (even though there is overlap in the UK of brexiteers and those that love Trump)

Evidence please
    Oh, the irony of the banned poster coming on here with his "I feel like Brexit is fine" and "I don't know anybody badly affected by Brexit" posts using those as evidence that there isn't a problem, turning around and asking for evidence for an opposing view.

Brexiteers are like Trumpsters; if they didn't have double standards, they'd have no standards at all.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Problem with death penalty is that it is irreversible. Which is all fine unless mankind do misstake like say the investigation, court etc.
    Which we clearly never do.
    While im not in favour of the death penalty, this seems like such a weird argument to me…

You think having been in prison for 10 years is “reversible”?

Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    While im not in favour of the death penalty, this seems like such a weird argument to me…

Then you're completely missing the point of the argument.

Someone falsely imprisoned for 10 years can still live their remaining years and be compensated for their wrongful imprisonment. Sure you can't ever get that time back but you can for damn sure do something to make the rest of the time they have alright and out of prison.

What do you do for the dead person? Can't undead them. Zero options to even try. Just a dead person who now their family knows theyre dead for something they didn't even actually do.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2021-06-26 at 07:19 AM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

You can at least pay them compensation for time in prison and help them re-integrate into life outside. If somebody is dead, then you can't do that. All you can do is say "sorry" to their family.

You can compensate someone for the 10 lost years to some degrees, give him a few millions so he can live out the rest of his life as a king. You can't undeath someone. The argument is not ridiculously complex, try not to nitpick it.
    -snip-
    Last edited by Rozz; 2021-06-27 at 06:47 PM.