Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    And 18 before the naked grr blzz hat blzz
    Don't Ask Questions, Just Consume Product and Then Get Excited for Next Products

Edit; Just for an extra level of facetiousness, Post three and four are pretty nakedly hostile to blizz. Nice zinger though I'm sure Activision Blizzard, Inc (ATVI) the souless corporation will thank you for your service.
    Last edited by Saltysquidoon; 2020-11-16 at 09:05 PM.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by Machinelf View Post
    Reforged Player: This is the low point for Blizzard
    Shadowlands: Hold my Beer
    Don't think anything made by Blizzard, including WoD and Cata and BfA, reached the low of W3:Reforged.
    This is something so bad it honestly and without exageration should deserve to be legally punished.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think everyone was expecting the same thing they did for culling of strat applied to all the maps, the only ones I noticed that were different were that and silver moon to reflect sylvanas's cutscene.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    I think everyone was expecting the same thing they did for culling of strat applied to all the maps, the only ones I noticed that were different were that and silver moon to reflect sylvanas's cutscene.
    The official excuse was that they listened to players opinion and players wanted to keep the things the way they were. Yeah, totally believable, especially considering the overwhelming Blizzcon reception at the announcement, a place where the most hardcore fans gather xD
    Read, basically couple of threads on forum where the usual purists gathered, the so called "loud minority" was supposedly the reason for not changing the campaign. Let's ignore that someone will always dislike something, that everyone cannot be pleased.
    What do you mean you could have an option to switch between the old and new campaigns? IMPOSSIBLE, such magic cannot exist!!!!!

Real reason was, of course, cash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nope, they abandoned it after launch. I dodged a bullet on that one, I was already boycotting Blizzard due to the "Diablo" Immortal fiasco (I had been planning on preordering this, but cancelled those plans after Blizzcon 2018).

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The buggs are 90% less, stil no custom campaigns, clans and other features and no cutscenes and so on... everything else is fine

- - - Updated - - -

The buggs are 90% less, stil no custom campaigns, clans and other features and no cutscenes and so on... everything else is fine
    Like playing beta forever...

10+ Year Old Account
    I wanted the old school campaign with updated graphics and no shitty WoW lore, and that's what I got.

The only unforgivable sin of Reforged was how it replaced WC3 in the name of backward compatability. Blizzard should have just gave out the updated WC3 to every WC3 owner instead of replacing it with Reforged. It would have achieved the same thing while preserving the old WC3.
    Last edited by Clone; 2021-06-23 at 02:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    I wanted the old school campaign with updated graphics and no shitty WoW lore, and that's what I got.

The only unforgivable sin of Reforged was how it replaced WC3 in the name of backward compatability. Blizzard should have just gave out the updated WC3 to every WC3 owner instead of replacing it with Reforged. It would have achieved the same thing while preserving the old WC3.
    Could of had both, which was advertised and/or strongly implied based on campaign footage.

Blizzard could of just released the game with updated graphics with the campaign basically untouched first. After that, work on additional features like ladder, skins and a updated WoW campaign later. Everyone wins

They fucked up and their image was once again tarnished.
    Last edited by zEmini; 2021-06-23 at 06:19 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post

You can preserve the old WC3, and still play it. It just requires a little yar har har.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    You can preserve the old WC3, and still play it. It just requires a little yar har har.
    It literally does not require it if you own it. There is nothing legally stopping you from downloading old .ISO's, using your keys and updating the game to the latest patch before the conversation, then blocking it's access to Battle.net.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Answer Corta.
    NO.

Answer Long.
    They improved in some things and in connection. If it works for you, you can still have fun with the personalized games or with some mod of society. Preo in my personal case the connection is disastrous and sometimes I get bugged and leave the screen permanently black. So in my case it's a No. But you might be lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    Answer Corta.
    NO.

Answer Long.
    They improved in some things and in connection. If it works for you, you can still have fun with the personalized games or with some mod of society. Preo in my personal case the connection is disastrous and sometimes I get bugged and leave the screen permanently black. So in my case it's a No. But you might be lucky.
    This is what people want to hear. "You might be lucky and the game could work!"

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    The official excuse was that they listened to players opinion and players wanted to keep the things the way they were. Yeah, totally believable, especially considering the overwhelming Blizzcon reception at the announcement, a place where the most hardcore fans gather xD
    Read, basically couple of threads on forum where the usual purists gathered, the so called "loud minority" was supposedly the reason for not changing the campaign. Let's ignore that someone will always dislike something, that everyone cannot be pleased.
    What do you mean you could have an option to switch between the old and new campaigns? IMPOSSIBLE, such magic cannot exist!!!!!

Real reason was, of course, cash.
    This is pure speculation, but I think it goes this way:

- Mike Morthaime really love RTS, so he pushed for stuff like Reforged and better HoTS support + e-sport
    - Acti and/or new managment want to push more towards profitable stuff like WoW or Diablo

So shortly after Mike left support HoTS was cut to minimum and they tried to do WIII as cheap as possible.. which backfired really hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    This is pure speculation, but I think it goes this way:

- Mike Morthaime really love RTS, so he pushed for stuff like Reforged and better HoTS support + e-sport
    - Acti and/or new managment want to push more towards profitable stuff like WoW or Diablo

So shortly after Mike left support HoTS was cut to minimum and they tried to do WIII as cheap as possible.. which backfired really hard.
    I think Mike was more of the Diablo.
    But to the subject there are between 3 to 5 good RTS on the way.
    (Age 4, Frost-giant, Immortal: Gates of Pyre, and others I'm not so sure about).
    So it can and I hope Blizzard comes back crying when it realizes it lost a ton of money for not doing W3R properly.

Immortal: Gates of Pyre especially has a design that is beautiful for competitive play. It is as if Stacraft said "and if we remove the skill part of the strategy game and let them focus 100% on the strategy. But without losing the classic style".

For the record, I loved St2 and started playing "serious competition" but playing Sergg was such a mess of mechanics and jumping from screen to screen that I didn't have time to think about strategies.
    Last edited by geco; 2021-06-26 at 03:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Always someone lol

Devs are really living in your head rent free

No way. Shadowlands may be slow moving and have a stupidly long dry spell, but it is in no way the buggy terrible mess of Reforged.

The community is still carrying this game hard, has been the case since it launched in 2002. Lots of fun custom maps but also proper custom campaigns, especially the latest Chronicles of the Second War which actually has a lot of effort put into it with their own model and voice acting team. There are also projects that are remaking the Reforged campaign into what it should have been.

I always hated how Blizzard just abandoned WC3 right after WoW took off as much as it did. And this is the original Blizzard I'm talking about, they didn't make any other games for a long ass time and only focussed on WoW. There was a lot of potential for a WC4 taking place right after WotLK which was finishing the WC3 storylines. Then afterwards make a WoW 2 with all of the world changes that occured in WC4 and building up a new cast of characters.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    The community is still carrying this game hard, has been the case since it launched in 2002. Lots of fun custom maps but also proper custom campaigns, especially the latest Chronicles of the Second War which actually has a lot of effort put into it with their own model and voice acting team. There are also projects that are remaking the Reforged campaign into what it should have been.

I always hated how Blizzard just abandoned WC3 right after WoW took off as much as it did. And this is the original Blizzard I'm talking about, they didn't make any other games for a long ass time and only focussed on WoW. There was a lot of potential for a WC4 taking place right after WotLK which was finishing the WC3 storylines. Then afterwards make a WoW 2 with all of the world changes that occured in WC4 and building up a new cast of characters.
    You don't need a WoW 2. but imagine having a W3 or W4-5 dlcl every 2 or 3 expansions that throws you a whole new cast of pj as you say.

WoW really still couldn't create as many lovable pjs as W3 and has to end up coming back to W3 over and over again. SW makes it clear.

I can't be the only one hoping and wishing that the Diablo 2 team will pick it up after release.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    I can't be the only one hoping and wishing that the Diablo 2 team will pick it up after release.
    That would imply that the product is flawed, which they wont. Its just our problem that we had too many expectations. You can see some bootlickers in this thread agree with that.