Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    They've aged well so far. Void Elves are obviously the closest we've got/will get for a long while.

Maybe they'll give the same options to night elves one day, who knows. I wouldn't bet on it.
    Have they though? I mean, if you say something will "never" happen, and it happens, even if it's been a long time, doesn't that mean the statement didn't age well?

The fact that void elves began using an unmodified blood elf model, then shadowlands proliferated blood elf skin tones to them, and also the fact that the devs themselves have billed these options as "high elf customization" all paint a different picture to my eyes. If the devs have already been willing to give void elves "high elf customization," then what makes you doubt that hair isn't the next thing to happen?

Sure, there's no guarantees of anything, but it seems strange to think blizzard wouldn't continue the trend, unless you have some insights the rest of us do not.
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2021-06-26 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    Have they though? I mean, if you say something will "never" happen, and it happens, even if it's been a long time, doesn't that mean the statement didn't age well?

The fact that void elves began using an unmodified blood elf model, then shadowlands proliferated blood elf skin tones to them, and also the fact that the devs themselves have billed these options as "high elf customization" all paint a different picture to my eyes. If the devs have already been willing to give void elves "high elf customization," then what makes you doubt that hair isn't the next thing to happen?

Sure, there's no guarantees of anything, but it seems strange to think blizzard wouldn't continue the trend, unless you have some insights the rest of us do not.
    They have, because we still don't have High Elves/NE HE customization.

I still have the images of when you removed the tentacles!

I really like the look of some of them with no tentacles or braids at all. Obviously nothing at all in place of the tentacles would work better with some styles than others. But imagine if we could just pick between tentacles, braids, or nothing there!
    Female hairstyles look really good without any option indeed. I'm not really fond of the male ponytail without tentacle (it feels somewhat incomplete for me), but that's just my personal taste. Also, being able to customize color of tentacles would be nice too.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Ah I remember when I removed all the tentacles from the VE hairstyles but don't remember where that image is now XD! regardless, I did believe all of then looked alright so a toggle would work well enough. Now, the option to toggle that for braids? now that would be just awesome!

Bringing this back too because it would really be a cool way of adding variety and choice.
    Now this is awesome!

I can also imagine adding some night elf/human hairstyles options.
    Last edited by Vaedan; 2021-06-26 at 12:38 PM.

Um, that's certainly a strange way to look at it...

I don't expect to see a high elf race ever happen now that void elves have high elf customization, but the fact is, void elves do now have, according to the devs own words, high elf customization.

They got the model...
    They got the skin colors...
    Third time's the charm?

If hair colors are all that's left to finish the high elf customization for void elves, then why wouldn't blizzard do it? Especially when it would finish answering an age old request by alliance players, and it would be relatively quick and easy to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    Female hairstyles look really good without any option indeed. I'm not really fond of the male ponytail without tentacle (it feels somewhat incomplete for me), but that's just my personal taste. Also, being able to customize color of tentacles would be nice too.
    Not every hairstyle works well with "nothing" there but some do. I prefer to err on the side of letting the player decide what looks good to them. That's why I like the idea of more options than just tentacles on/off. Give me tentacles on/off/hair/braids! And I agree it would be cool if we could color the tentacle glow, especially if it had the same color options as the eyes!
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2021-06-26 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro123 View Post
    - Not a single feature from the Shadowmoon clan there.
    • They are wearing the Shadowmoon Clan armor set from Warlords
    • They are shadow/void spellcasters, which was the main thing the AU Shadowmoon clan were known for
    • If the Shadowmoon weren't represented here, it would make them the only major AU mag'har clan not represented among the generic Mag'har orcs found in Orgrimmar because we have the Burning Blade (Blademasters), Shattered Hand (Rippers), Warsong (Outriders), Blackrock (Warders), Bleeding Hollow (Impaler), Laughing Skull (Limbflayer), Thunderlord (Giantslayer) and Frostwolf (Warrior) all represented. Why would the Shadowmoon Clan be left out especially when their outfit and name are pretty obviously telling us they are from the Shadowmoon Clan

Night Elf Highborne are represented by them having the Mage class, the Highborne were just a caste of the ancient Night Elf society, they weren't different in appearance from the rest of the Night Elves, they didn't start diverging in appearance/physiology until after they were exiled from Kalimdor.
    Last edited by Imperator4321; 2021-06-26 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperator4321 View Post
    [LIST][*]They are wearing the Shadowmoon Clan armor set from Warlords[*]They are shadow/void spellcasters, which was the main thing the AU Shadowmoon clan were known for[*]If the Shadowmoon weren't represented here, it would make them the only major AU mag'har clan not represented among the generic Mag'har orcs found in Orgrimmar because we have the Burning Blade (Blademasters), Shattered Hand (Rippers), Warsong (Outriders), Blackrock (Warders), Bleeding Hollow (Impaler), Laughing Skull (Limbflayer), Thunderlord (Giantslayer) and Frostwolf (Warrior) all represented. Why would the Shadowmoon Clan be left out especially when their outfit and name are pretty obviously telling us they are from the Shadowmoon Clan
    Not to mention that Mag'har Orc allied race have Priest class option unlocked for them, which defecto confirms Shadowmoon clan being part of the group.

Also, these orcs are part of Horde assault on Stormsong Valley:

https://www.wowhead.com/npc=148663/darkcaster-mystic

Definitely Shadowmoons.

Not to mention that Mag'har Orc allied race have Priest class option unlocked for them, which defecto confirms Shadowmoon clan being part of the group.

Also, these orcs are part of Horde assault on Stormsong Valley:

https://www.wowhead.com/npc=148663/darkcaster-mystic

Definitely Shadowmoons.
    It is a little odd since the non-crazy Shadowmoon were Rulkan's splinter faction who were anti-void magic, it could be similar to how Warlocks still existed in the New Horde or maybe the Rulkan and the surviving Shadowmoon reached a compromise with using void magic, or maybe Rulkan and her Exiles eventually lost to the rest of the Shadowmoon clan.

Theres also the part where 11/2 of the priest specs are about light/holy magic , suppose canonically/lore-wise all Mag'har priests are Shadow Priests (or maybe they learned holy magic from the Draenei since they were at peace for a few decades).

Quote Originally Posted by Imperator4321 View Post
    Theres also the part where 11/2 of the priest specs are about light/holy magic , suppose canonically/lore-wise all Mag'har priests are Shadow Priests (or maybe they learned holy magic from the Draenei since they were at peace for a few decades).
    Yeah, I'm hoping this eventually lets us have Mag'har Orc paladins. I don't know why, that just sounds so cool to me.

Thank y'all! I really need to get back to learning blender 2.9 lol

Ah I remember when I removed all the tentacles from the VE hairstyles but don't remember where that image is now XD! regardless, I did believe all of then looked alright so a toggle would work well enough. Now, the option to toggle that for braids? now that would be just awesome!

Bringing this back too because it would really be a cool way of adding variety and choice.
    What do you think about a chest hair toggle? For people who want manscaped elves, or non-manscaped elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    What do you think about a chest hair toggle? For people who want manscaped elves, or non-manscaped elves.
    I love that suggestion! Just make sure males of every race get to have it!

I love that suggestion! Just make sure males of every race get to have it!
    Of course! I think Orcs, Humans, and Dwarves already come with chest hair, but I'm not sure about other races.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    Honestly all races should have the option of body hair as a toggle option lol. I do like my elves hairy.

- - - Updated - - -

Now this is awesome!

I can also imagine adding some night elf/human hairstyles options.
    Ahh, I had done some of those as well, but don't know where they are XD. I do love the idea of VE getting human or NE hairstyles, while NB get Blood Elven ones, would be pretty neat!

It's not particularly difficult, but someone better at model editing would do a better job. For me they kinda are a bit time consuming for what's essentially a proof of concept, and given that you have to edit the hairstyles to fit the VE head shape, you really are just getting an approximation of how it might look.

Some of then did look very nice so I'm going to try to find that file!

- - - Updated - - -

Did find one!

Then we have the case of NB and VE, where the limitations are jarring because their CR are on a different faction, so the illusion of choice is not there. So they feel aesthetically limited in a way that just runs against variety and choice, and instead of an additional flavor, they feel like an incomplete experience standing on their own. Because as races, within the setting, their limited variance just makes them feel artificial, not as members of a world that evolves and changes. They don't feel like "races" but as an offshoot of a real race, unable to exist on their own.
    Exactly. And this is very wrong. This shouldn't be happening with any Allied Races. We grinded for weeks to unlock Allied Races (especially Nightborne). For that exact reason I believe Allied Races deserve as much customization as their respective Core Races, if not more! Because we veterans AND newcomers busted our behinds farming all of these reps to unlock them, eager to play these new races. Allied Races are not second class citizens, in fact they should be equally, if not even more rewarding in the customization they provide to the players who spent so long unlocking them.

I have the others you did!

Some look better than others but that first one... I really would love that for my void elf boys! That ponytail and the last one aren't bad either!
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2021-06-26 at 11:52 PM.

Some look better than others but that first one... I really would love that for my void elf boys! That ponytail and the last one aren't bad either!
    They they are!! Thank you!!

See that's the main problem I was having, matching hairlines; human models have more of a texture work in there, so just dropping the geometry on another model doesn't look as nice and I am not good enough at modeling to make good 3D hairlines on my own XD

These would also be really cool with the short ear options (if they ever get them), for that half-elf look.

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    These would also be really cool with the short ear options (if they ever get them), for that half-elf look.
    Oh for sure. Like if VE's get new members, it would be so cool they could also draw from Half Elves? Even tho ear length isn't stated to be related to mixed status, adding that lore bit would add another population from where Void Elves could replenish their numbers.

Honestly I do think the best/more likely we could see for HE playability is the acknowledgement of High Elves joining the VE ranks, and through that, getting more confirmed High Elven options. Whether we want to see our characters as joining the VE's, or being regular High Elves then, would be up to each of one of us as a personal canon.

It is done, 9.1 will be released and Alleria Windrunner is nowhere to be seen. I never thought that it would come to this. To think that Alleria would be nowhere to be seen during the raid revolving around her sister Sylvanas, especially when she literally said she would be there to see Sylvanas fall. Unbelievable. It's like Blizzard caved in to the haters online and decided to just scrap all the development Alleria could have had, after scrapping the development the Ren'dorei could have had in 8.3 (it's still criminal that Anduin went after Wrathion instead of the Ren'dorei to fight N'Zoth). I am extremely disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I am extremely disappointed.
    Why? Alleria chose to stay behind with the love of her life. What's wrong with that? She even helps him against the Horde raid, unlike Malfurion, who always stood besides Tyrande and did nothing. Besides Sylvanas isn't dying, so be patient. And I don’t think this is an appropriate thread for discussing Alleria's relevance in the plot.
    Last edited by BaumanKing; 2021-06-27 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    It is done, 9.1 will be released and Alleria Windrunner is nowhere to be seen. I never thought that it would come to this. To think that Alleria would be nowhere to be seen during the raid revolving around her sister Sylvanas, especially when she literally said she would be there to see Sylvanas fall. Unbelievable. It's like Blizzard caved in to the haters online and decided to just scrap all the development Alleria could have had, after scrapping the development the Ren'dorei could have had in 8.3 (it's still criminal that Anduin went after Wrathion instead of the Ren'dorei to fight N'Zoth). I am extremely disappointed.
    Why would Alleria be here, plot-wise? She has no connection to the Shadowlands and, presumably, no interest in it save for Sylvanas. She also never seemed all that preoccupied by her sister.

Not everything has to revolve around that character you like. I don’t think Turalyon or Lor’Themar need to be everywhere that has a passing hint of Light or Blood Elves.

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    Why? Alleria chose to stay behind with the love of her life. What's wrong with that? She even helps him against the Horde raid, unlike Malfurion, who always stood besides Tyrande and did nothing. Besides Sylvanas isn't dying, so be patient. And I don’t think this is an appropriate thread for discussing Alleria's relevance in the plot.
    Already addressed. She literally says "I will see Sylvanas fall". You can't even say "maybe she can't go to the Shadowlands because it's too hard"; since Old Emma, an old peasant, went to Oribos. This is objectively bad writing. You are justifying what is factually bad writing that contradicts an established plot information.

This is a thread about all things High elven and Alleria is clearly linked to the High elves. Where Alleria goes, Vereesa follows, so if Alleria went to the Shadowlands (like she said she would) it's likely that her underling Vereesa would have followed her around.