Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Wrath was the pinnacle of wow for me, so yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    to me it's kind of like, what's the point, if they're just going down the same design philosophy. you already have this in retail, they just move closer and closer every time
    i LOVED leveling using LFG for alts at the end of wotlk, and i enjoy doing dungeons. LFG only makes it easier and better for me. So i love it. I enjoy WOTLK gearing system, pvp, and raids. I like wotlk proff iterations, for me personally, everything was better in wotlk.

your quote could be said about every xpac after vanilla, its just for me, wotlk was the peak. i enjoyed cata and pandaria a lot still, but wotlk was my absolute favorite.

on the opposite end, i do not enjoy LFR, 3-4 modes of the same raid (LFR, normal, heroic, mythic), newer gearing systems, artifacts, not being able to fly, new power system each xpac that vanishes at the end. i do not enjoy being forced to complete the story, grind covenant bs. In WOTLK, i could do level in dungeons only, do hodir rep and be happy.
    Last edited by The Oblivion; 2021-06-26 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    i LOVED leveling using LFG for alts at the end of wotlk, and i enjoy doing dungeons. LFG only makes it easier and better for me. So i love it. I enjoy WOTLK gearing system, pvp, and raids. I like wotlk proff iterations, for me personally, everything was better in wotlk.

your quote could be said about every xpac after vanilla, its just for me, wotlk was the peak. i enjoyed cata and pandaria a lot still, but wotlk was my absolute favorite.

on the opposite end, i do not enjoy LFR, 3-4 modes of the same raid (LFR, normal, heroic, mythic), newer gearing systems, artifacts, not being able to fly, new power system each xpac that vanishes at the end. i do not enjoy being forced to complete the story, grind covenant bs. In WOTLK, i could do level in dungeons only, do hodir rep and be happy.
    fair enough. there's obviously a middle ground that we can find in between vanilla and retail.

I think WOTLK was still riding on the gains made by vanilla/tbc, and the lfg tool introduced in LK would be the start of many decisions that eroded the classic feel.

At the end of the day, don't we all love something sweet and easy to make? We just don't like the long-term consequences.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think I'm done after Classic TBC as the only content I didn't clear was Sunwell but did clear up to heroic Lich King back in WotlK.

Threads that start with "am I the only one..." should be banned. It's up there in useless with "I quit threads".

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    I feel like Wrath is when we might actually start meeting up with the difficulty of the actual game again. (Not dungeon content, but raid content - Both heroic dungeons and Naxx are going to be stomped just like they were in early Wrath.) Don't get me wrong - Word First players will still clear everything week 1.
    I think it is kinda funny that Wrath HCs are remembered as faceroll just because people spent half the expansion in 80 item levels above them. Wrath HCs are really not that easy in normal dungeon gear. Sure, they are not the pinnacle of difficulty and far easier than M+ keystones, but compared to other expansions HC dungeons, they are not really easier than most. Halls of lightning especially is a massive pug breaker.

As for the raids, Wrath is really a mixed bag. The first tier is faceroll beyond belief. OS3D will take a bit of effort for most people, but organised groups will steamroll that too.

Ulduar will be the first tier with progress again. It will depend a lot on what patch and talents they will introduce. Hodir Speed Kill without flowerpower is rather difficult week 1. 0 lights would be literally impossible in 10 man if they implement 3.3 talents since rogues lost their FoK interrupt. Either way, 0 lights 25 man will not be cleared week 1. It simply requires more gear than is possible to get in the first week to meet gear requirements.

ToC will be cleared week 1, no questions asked. Even if they dont timegate it, it would still be cleared week 1.

ICC will depend a lot on if they timegate or not. ICC had a lot of timegating which allowed people to farm gear. The ICC buff is another huge factor. Very few people actually progressed ICC with 0% buff. ICC was not a walkover raid without the buff and assuming that they wont release it with the buff active, there is no way in hell it is cleared week 1. It is simply an item level issue.

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    i'm not giving blizz a cent. they can have my money when they make good products again. i'm not going to give them money so i can play a good game that was made 10 years ago when we had a competent team. far as i see, if you give them money just to play on a classic server, you aren't helping solve the issue.
    thats the right way dealing with it imo. and the only way that teaches them.

+10 for that answer.

Panta rhei.

Although I am waiting for wotlk classic, I know that it won't be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Milfshaked View Post
    Wrath HCs are really not that easy in normal dungeon gear.
    They will be.

This is partially based on the class changes made in Wotlk, but the heroics are overall massively easier, there is no trash in there that murders your tank without CC, dps won't die the second they pull aggro (which is less likely to happen in Wotlk anyway), no Boss / Trash that requires resistance, and so forth.

People will pug every single heroic from day one, whereas right now in TBC, i wouldn't touch certain heroics with a pug unless the comp is specifically built for that heroic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Milfshaked View Post
    OS3D will take a bit of effort for most people, but organised groups will steamroll that too.
    It will be faceroll because cheese strats exists, which Blizzard never bothered to fix because they just gave up on the first tier of Wotlk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell yea in wrath PvPers can finally play the game for real. Skill finally gets a leg up over rock paper scissors.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    TBC is faceroll by modern standards.
    1st Tier of Wotlk is faceroll even by 2008 standards.

Quite the difference.
    TBC Classic is equally or more faceroll than T7, the raids that is. I honestly feel like the difficulty is something like Nightbane = Hard Heroics (SHH, Arcatraz) > Netherspite/Prince/Shade of Aran/Average Heroics => Magtheridon > Easy Heroics > Rest of Kara/Gruul's Lair. Later TBC raids are harder than T7 Naxx/Sarth, but Sarth 3 Drakes is much harder than any content in the entire of TBC, and Malygos is harder than most of it.

Then Ulduar on launch not including hardmodes was just in a different league to anything in TBC. I think TBC and WOTLK are equal as expansions and love them both, but Naxx 25man felt so easy because it came after Sunwell, which was up to that point the hardest raid ever released by quite some margin, but they more than surpassed that in WOTLK, already in T7 with 3 drakes.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

I have negative zero desire to play anything past TBCC.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    TBC Classic is equally or more faceroll than T7, the raids that is.
    If you want to argue that Wotlk Naxx is harder than even Gruul or Magtheridon then i don't this discussion has any point.

Classic Naxx is objectively harder than Wotlk Naxx, by your logic, it's then
    Wotlk > Classic > TBC
    ???
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    but Sarth 3 Drakes is much harder than any content in the entire of TBC, and Malygos is harder than most of it.
    No, it's pure BS.

Sartharion 3D might be "challenging" if you play it with the intended strat, but since for both 10 and 25 modes huge cheese strats exist, it's completely braindead.
    10man, you can just nuke it.

This is not some private server video, this is actual Wotlk.

25man, have a Warlock with stamina gear tanking the boss with their pet somewhere else, pets due to avoidance will never die to the breath (the only deadly ability of Sartharion), thus you can take your sweet ass time with killing anything else.

As for Malygos...you do realize that people were *pugging* Malygos right off the bat when Wotlk launched?
    People were certainly not pugging SSC / TK until way later in TBC, let alone T6 or even SWP, this is complete drivel.

Yes, Ulduar is a big stepup, but then it drops right back on the floor with ToC, where the only challenging part is TotGC, but when we talk about a game with four difficulty modes , we might as well talk about Retail.

If you want to argue that Wotlk Naxx is harder than even Gruul or Magtheridon then i don't this discussion has any point.

Classic Naxx is objectively harder than Wotlk Naxx, by your logic, it's then
    Wotlk > Classic > TBC
    ???

No, it's pure BS.

Sartharion 3D might be "challenging" if you play it with the intended strat, but since for both 10 and 25 modes huge cheese strats exist, it's completely braindead.
    10man, you can just nuke it.

This is not some private server video, this is actual Wotlk.

25man, have a Warlock with stamina gear tanking the boss with their pet somewhere else, pets due to avoidance will never die to the breath (the only deadly ability of Sartharion), thus you can take your sweet ass time with killing anything else.

As for Malygos...you do realize that people were *pugging* Malygos right off the bat when Wotlk launched?
    People were certainly not pugging SSC / TK until way later in TBC, let alone T6 or even SWP, this is complete drivel.

Yes, Ulduar is a big stepup, but then it drops right back on the floor with ToC, where the only challenging part is TotGC, but when we talk about a game with four difficulty modes , we might as well talk about Retail.
    So the cheese strat that was literally done just before Ulduar released in full BIS gear? I killed Magtheridon 3 weeks ago the same day I hit level 70, with level 69s in the raid. And we've already seen that Naxx Classic was hilariously easy, it's just as easy as 25man Naxx with all the world buffs and an optimised raid group, if not easier.

But go on bro, link some more overgeared speedkills

Look at that Mythic Hellfire Citadel is easier than Classic WoW, OMG!! Next up shall we link the 30second High King kills 3 weeks after the expansion launch in TBCC? Imagine linking overgeared speedkills as some kind of indication of boss difficulty.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2021-06-27 at 03:21 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

gothik was probably the most different boss between wrath and classic, in classic you can't let the undead side pile up and aoe them all down, you would get wrecked by the swarm of ghosts spamming arcane explosion, it would only take like 5 or 6 of them to one shot anyone who isn't a tank. in wrath the tactic ended up being just let the undead side fill up with ghosts and when the door opened you aoe'd them down, not possible in classic, mobs do wayyyyyy too much damage. i doubt it would even be possible with 40 mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Wrath dungeons were not terribly difficult. These "pug breakers" are no greater than Shattered Halls.

And they are easier than most expansions HC dungeons. People struggled with BC dungeons well into T4. A good geared group of T5 players MIGHT have been able to faceroll the heroics. Get even heroic dungeon gear, and Wrath dungeons become piss easy.
    I did not say that they were terribly difficult. I just said that they were not significantly easier than most other expansions. Heroics has always been easy. Even in Cata we could steamroll them on day 1.

The same group that would find a WotLK heroic to be piss easy in heroic dungeon gear would find a TBC heroic to be piss easy in heroic dungeon gear. Same goes for most other expansions. MOP, WoD, Legion, BFA and Shadowlands all have easy heroics. Cata is probably the most notable outlier that was slightly harder than the rest, but even cata heroics were pretty easy.

This is partially based on the class changes made in Wotlk, but the heroics are overall massively easier, there is no trash in there that murders your tank without CC, dps won't die the second they pull aggro (which is less likely to happen in Wotlk anyway), no Boss / Trash that requires resistance, and so forth.

People will pug every single heroic from day one, whereas right now in TBC, i wouldn't touch certain heroics with a pug unless the comp is specifically built for that heroic.

And people were pugging TBC heroics on day 1. It is not like TBC heroics are difficult. People were also pugging the significantly harder Cata heroics on day 1. All heroics are relatively easy.

It will be faceroll because cheese strats exists, which Blizzard never bothered to fix because they just gave up on the first tier of Wotlk.
    You cant zerg OS3D in the gear available at the first week.
    Last edited by Milfshaked; 2021-06-27 at 07:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Healzerbot View Post
    Am I the only one leveling characters and professions for wrath?

TBC was good back in the day but I loved wrath more and just getting alts up and professions.

I know it would probably be about a year and a half out but is anyone else just sitting on the side lines waiting to get on that boat to boring tundra?
    I mean I still have interest in live, but yeah...wotlk classic is the classic I'm waiting for. I already did the vanilla and tbc back in the day. I really miss all the fun things you could do with wotlk dks

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Ever since Cata released.
    This - been waiting for so long now, please just announce it ASAP.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    i'm just waiting until they announce it, haven't touched classic since phase 2 started, haven't touched retail since dazar'alor, i'll only resub for wrath classic because it was the best time for me personally.
    And when you are in wrath for 2 months you will quit because you realised its not the same as original wrath.

Yea heard the story before, good luck any way.

wotlk is awesome, cannot wait being a support warlock with spirit gear
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.