Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Not everyone wants to see the 4th CGI cinematic featuring Sylvanas, just saying. I'm sure that the Forsaken fanboys are very happy, but not everyone plays Forsaken.

This is World of Warcraft, not Sylvanas' Little Adventures.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Not everyone wants to see the 4th CGI cinematic featuring Sylvanas, just saying. I'm sure that the Forsaken fanboys are very happy, but not everyone plays Forsaken.

It's fine, you'll get to see her learn about love and peace from Anduin as a result. Actual Warchiefs don't need that, they're fine sticking to their guns and then being a boss mechanic where the dungeon journal implies they're so mad that if you wipe they destroy that part of Torghast and the boss dies anyway.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post

--- snip ---

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2021-06-27 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Received Infraction

10+ Year Old Account
    Ion looks forward to seeing the community discuss and dissect what is next for Sylvanas after the events in Chains of Domination.

If she's dead, nothing comes next. Did Ion just spoil the fight?

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...ith-Morgan-Day

It makes sense to loot Sylvanas's bow from her "corpse".

Note how "corpse" is put into quotation marks ^^ - IMHO it doesn't confirm her death...actually quite the opposite.
    If you loot the bow from her corpse but she doesn't somehow die then how that will work? Did she faint like a Pokemon?

The " the game focus" is on her? Damn man..if you'd ask me what I mostly took back from the last x-pacs was faction war, new Islands, Corruption by an old god, Covenenats, the Maw...hell...I read the name of the Jailer more often than Sylvananas.

As I said before...I doubt Blizzard dares to kill her. Okay..so they did kill Varian, Garrosh, Caine and maybe Vol'jin....but especially how they treat Vol'jin I don't see Sylvanas dying (From what I understand Vol'jin is dead, right? But ppl keep offering ideas, hints etc even from ingame (?) that he might come back?)
    Yeah exactly man. People cry "she's been the focus" but that's a blatant fucking lie. Getting a spot in a some of the cinematics is not being the focus of the expansion. Most of the time she's been completely absent from any action. Genn had more screentime than she had. It's like those people only experience WoW through the cinematics on yt.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Who the fuck else in the current cast would move the plot along? Baine?
    Denathrius would be my guess. Or they can always reveal that Silas Darkmoon is evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Piekus View Post
    If you loot the bow from her corpse but she doesn't somehow die then how that will work? Did she faint like a Pokemon?
    "Corpse" as in chest of spoils she leaves behind perhaps

She did tell you, little did you know that much like with her internal monologue that tricks the audience, her comments about hope were also directed at the playerbase. The Saurfang soul trinket is a form of social commentary.

God knows I don't know what people expected after they committed to having her actually emote in Shadowlands. Who the fuck else in the current cast would move the plot along? Baine?
    Tbf, the Alliance had great candidates like Genn, Jaina, Alleria, Tyrande. Well, before they were completely domesticated. You know, after Danuser's comments that Azeroth is a place of love and acceptance, I wonder if Warcraft as a franchise is turning into a Star Trek-like utopia. Azeroth will of course still have serious problems like hostile interstellar powers and horrific threats to deal with, but no interpersonal conflicts between two factions.

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    Tbf, the Alliance had great candidates like Genn, Jaina, Alleria, Tyrande. Well, before they were completely domesticated. You know, after Danuser's comments that Azeroth is a place of love and acceptance, I wonder if Warcraft as a franchise is turning into a Star Trek-like utopia. Azeroth will of course still have serious problems like hostile interstellar powers and horrific threats to deal with, but no interpersonal conflicts between two factions.
    Tbh that's what it should've been after, idk, wotlk or sooner. Their rivalry should've been a friendly one. Relationship built on a healthy completion in controlled environment like tournaments and arenas an what have you. The faction conflict is the most forced, artificial, manufactured bullshit there is in the game. It's there because it has to be end of story! HURRR MUH WAR IN WACRAFT
    Bleh.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    I swear, I've been explaining it this whole time.

Sylvanas isn't dead. Where does her soul go when she dies?

The Shadowlands. I thought it would be a joke too, but... Well, here we are.
    Ya I’m kinda expecting that to happen too, even after we saw that there were “forsaken” souls wandering about

Sylvanas isn't going to die for good until the very end of the expansion, better late than never because I am really tired of her story now.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    I swear, I've been explaining it this whole time.

Sylvanas isn't dead. Where does her soul go when she dies?

The Shadowlands. I thought it would be a joke too, but... Well, here we are.
    If we kill her body then what kind of soul comes out?Is that the bad or the good part of the soul?

I will laugh if Anduin dies and Sylvanas survives saying "ENOUGH"

I swear if they do the whole Rumor of her soul being split in two, like Uthurs im gonna face palm hard The only reason uthurs soul was split is because he asked the light to save his soul. Slyvannas did no such thing so this better not happen! Im a big Sly fan but even im sick of how her character turned out and wish they would just writer her off by imprisonment, or death Though honestly, I dont see her dying I see a Number of things happening

1 She escapes
    2 She is imprisoned
    3 She tells us "I was playing the Jailer im actually on your side"
    4 the Jailer Succeeds in his plan and pulls her away "you are my pawn to use" style.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    I swear if they do the whole Rumor of her soul being split in two, like Uthurs im gonna face palm hard The only reason uthurs soul was split is because he asked the light to save his soul. Slyvannas did no such thing so this better not happen! Im a big Sly fan but even im sick of how her character turned out and wish they would just writer her off by imprisonment, or death Though honestly, I dont see her dying I see a Number of things happening

1 She escapes
    2 She is imprisoned
    4 the Jailer Succeeds in his plan and pulls her away "you are my pawn to use" style.
    They never said the reason Uther's soul was split was because of his silly "light save my soul" line. As far as we know, the Jailer has soul crystals for all of Frostmournes victims.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post

1 She escapes
    2 She is imprisoned
    Arguably, the soul is split due to Frostmourne. After all, his soul went to the shadowlands, not the realm of light. And we know his wound is caused by Frostmourne.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Denathrius would be my guess. Or they can always reveal that Silas Darkmoon is evil.
    This reminded me what a humongous waste it was not to have Silas Darkmoon be N'zoth. The Nyarlothep riff was looking at them right in the face and instead all of those vibes were relegated to an admittedly pretty fun Hearthstone expansion.

I wouldn't mind Denathrius giving a bigger role, but let's face it, we all know who sells more figurines.

In any case, this sets them up to that hamhanded redemption by way of soul split story that fucks the character about as hard as if she'd just stayed a one-note baddie, but in a way that lets them better hide that in her absence no one in the cast would be able to generate any interest or move the plot along. The mere confirmation she'd live with zero new content spawned pages on this forum doing an extremely quiet period in just a few hours.

@BaumanKing

You'd be completely right in a plot where the main Azerothian cast weren't just mute vessels there to carry basic moral messages with only the supporting cast allowed to have any features. The main problem is that the cast at present is completely and totally reactive. In a parallel universe where Sylvanas doesn't show up to trigger the expansion but instead trips on a rock and breaks her neck on the way to the LK the story would basically end there because everyone else exists in a vegetative state of peace with everyone else. The problem with such a cast is that they're very boring to follow and this is why the game quite wisely ditches them to focus on the Shadowlands characters who might as well be from a different game and while by no means deep are at least marginally entertaining and lack baggage.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

It makes sense to loot Sylvanas's bow from her "corpse".

Note how "corpse" is put into quotation marks ^^ - IMHO it doesn't confirm her death...actually quite the opposite.
    It's already pretty much confirmed that she's not going to die. Her evil side, maybe. But her good side will live on.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Piekus View Post
    Azshara didn't die either.

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post

*Cringe*.... Hell to the no.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrorthatflapsinthenight View Post
    Sylvanas isn't going to die for good until the very end of the expansion, better late than never because I am really tired of her story now.
    Tell me about it. She's been the main character for 3 expansions now.

5+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't mind Denathrius giving a bigger role, but let's face it, we all know who sells more figurines.
    Sadly, yes. Granted there is still Azshara. If it takes a hentai protagonist to end the Sylvanas "story" we've got that covered.