Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Ban the phrase "pretty sure"

Such an annoying phrase, "pretty sure" is trying to cover yourself because you don't really know. You're saying go do your own research because I can't be bothered and I'm only "pretty sure" and half the time they're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    Such an annoying phrase, "pretty sure" is trying to cover yourself because you don't really know. You're saying go do your own research because I can't be bothered and I'm only "pretty sure" and half the time they're wrong.
    Pretty sure you're being overdramatic.

PRetty sure Mardux is right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Such an annoying phrase, "pretty sure" is trying to cover yourself because you don't really know.
    Well... yeah? That's what it's used for. To tell the other person that they could be wrong? Rather normal stuff.

You're saying go do your own research because I can't be bothered and I'm only "pretty sure" and half the time they're wrong.
    And now I'm lost at what you are actually annoyed about.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Do you know that they are just trying to cover themselves...or are you just "pretty sure"?

I'm pretty sure this is a petty suggestion.

So you are saying that half the time they are right? So pretty sure is good to use. Can we ban "literally" or even better "crisps" (when referring to chips) because I think a lot of people use it the wrong way.

You know, when I think of everything that's happened on this planet since it first came into existence - plate tectonics, the formation of the continents, the growth of plants and animals, the spark of life, how the first creatures crawled out of the sea, braved the dangers of land, and began the cycle of adaptation that led to this thread being created today, I have to wonder...

Why? What was the point, if this is the best we can do?
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Im pretty sure this topic will get closed

10+ Year Old Account
    They should ban "Such an annoying phrase, "pretty sure" is trying to cover yourself because you don't really know. You're saying go do your own research because I can't be bothered and I'm only "pretty sure" and half the time they're wrong."

Its such an annoying phrase and I'm pretty sure its ultimately just a shitpost.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Pretty sure we can't just go around banning phrases we don't like.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Pretty sure we can't just go around banning phrases we don't like.
    Pretty sure people have done just that already.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    Pretty sure we haven't.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

I’m pretty sure when I use the phrase “pretty sure” I’m 95% correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure we haven't. Various topics, sure, but not phrases. Would be dumb to ban a phrase. It all depends on context.
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Pretty sure we haven't. Various topics, sure, but not phrases. Would be dumb to ban a phrase. It all depends on context.
    Pretty sure you get infracted for pointing out people trolling, which is a phrase. Because MMO-C mods are stupid and view it as "flaming" even if it's true.

Source: I've been infracted 4 times for it (twice of which led to a ban due to MMO-C's dumb point thing).

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure the OP is off their rocker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure you get infracted for pointing out people trolling, which is a phrase. Because MMO-C mods are stupid and view it as "flaming" even if it's true.

Source: I've been infracted 4 times for it (twice of which led to a ban due to MMO-C's dumb point thing).
    Ehhhhh, I don't think I agree. Trolling is an activity. Like walking. Both trolling, and telling people to stop trolling are bannable (don't agree with this part, but w/e), but they are not phrases, like "pretty sure". The act of trolling is banned (as well as telling people to stop doing it). Not the word itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am pretty sure this topic won't go further we a phrase as "pretty sure" is just a bit too wide a statement to just ban because you are apparently pretty sure people just use it to hide in arguments.

- - - Updated - - -

Calling people a troll is not even close to the same as being pretty sure.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Ehhhhh, I don't think I agree. Trolling is an activity. Like walking. Both trolling, and telling people to stop trolling are bannable (don't agree with this part, but w/e), but they are not phrases, like "pretty sure". The act of trolling is banned (as well as telling people to stop doing it). Not the word itself.
    "Oh this person is just trolling, nevermind." Is, indeed, a phrase. One that you get infracted for.

I did say pointing out someone trolling, not trolling itself.