Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    So Nerzhul at that time was an asset to the Jailor, right?
    And he also considered Arthas his asset.
    But the Dreadlords were also an asset to Denathrius, who was an asset to the jailor.
    But they tried to stop Arthas from reaching the Lich King's helm.

So the jailor's asset were fighting against eachother.
    Actually the whole campaign is about the Jailor's assets infighting.

Is that correct?
    Yep

As correct as the Old Gods corrupting Deathwing and the Black Dragonflight, who enalaved the Orcs of Blackrock spire to fight the Elementals and Dark Iron slaves, who are also agents of the Old Gods.

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    Lololol.... So... if you die, you go to the Shadowlands.... and if you die there you're DED.

AH... but if you're a mantid fighting some Necromancer, then you're allowed to go back.

But ALSO! If you're a DK getting called back by the Lich King- you may as well go back!

it's just beyond stupid and beyond bad.

They are literally saying that death is death.... but not a death..... whenever they try to make something complex- they fail miserably.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Opinion.

Literally how it has always been.

Glad to clear that up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    Lololol.... So... if you die, you go to the Shadowlands.... and if you die there you're DED.
    Welcome to virtually every other fantasy universe where death is explored.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

If you like war3 story, you can considere everything in wow non canon. It's easier than having to cope with time travel, interdimensional spaceships, infinite legion and Arthas master plan.
    BC was clearly the the red flag of "we don't give a shit at all about the lore"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    In WC3 you also have Varimathras being afraid to die and begged Sylvanas to join her, yet in Legion we find out that demons return to the Twisting Nether after dying like his brothers did. So why would Varimathras have been that afraid then? Better not to think about such things and pretend that each game and expansion is just in an universe of its own. I also have to forget that the latest seasons of Game of Thrones happened for me to enjoy the older seasons. As far as I'm aware the show died with Tywin Lannister.
    not to mention why would Tychondrias be a big deal if he just respawn a little later, also why would killing Hakkar the houndmaster be a big deal if he will surely respawn in 10k years later (which he didn't), or so many bullshit actiblizz created later in wow exps
    I still wait for promise answer about WoD lore explain how Legion is one and same across all realities, while we literally see pre-demon creatures like draenei etc, do they merge to be one? but won't that make them with knowledge of everything? what about Sargeras - the titan leading BL who is confirmed stronger than rest of legion - is unique to each universe as confirmed while his underlings are unique across all realities, did Archimonde in WoD obey AU Sargeras or MU Sargeras? and how the FUCK is Sargeras the strongest creature (before they shit void lords out of their asses) is different in each universe, while his fucking minions are unique across all realities?
    just fuck activision and all they did to wow, i still remember Metzen apologize for forgetting lore about Draenei when he add them in TBC, or how he had to explain just adding male warrior and female druid nelfs to wow

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Yes? That doesn't mean it's not a retcon?
    I honestly won't mind retcon, as long they fucking stand their guns
    I was happy for FINALLY release chronicle, the 'definite' lore answer, as still in its description, only for actiblizz to fuck it again and say it is from titan pov, where most events there is no way in hell that a titan know them in first place
    is blizz bankrupt on ideas? my opinion, no
    are they lazy? yes 100%, they just don't bother make effort, hire writers who don't even know that Teldrassil didn't exist pre-wow and turning hearthstone to actual lore and mages making portal 24/7 instead of almost dying after teleport twice a day (yes that used to be official wow lore, in Cycle of Hatred)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    That's what BFA was trying to be. Except they changed their mind midway.
    They rly didn't, as the main focus was Sylvanas vs both factions basically. cause, apaprt from Saurfang having crippling depression and Anduin&Jaina being boring we don't even see much orcs and humans. they tried to mimic cataclysm-mop war, but bfa war was the most garbage and nonsensical thing we had for years,

Imagine a new whole campaign if we had Varian x Garry again, more or less like warcraft 2 with n'zoth acting in the background the whole expansion? it would be at least bearable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Didn't Metzen leave in Legion, and remain an influential figure until then? If memory serves the opening BFA cinematic was the last thing he worked on. Even if we discount WoD, that means the current crop is responsible for BfA and the bad parts of Shadowlands, so that still leaves old Metzen the guy who did TBC and Cata.
    As far i remember, he was not lead designer, so he didn't had much power to create things, in Legion he only did suramar that was highly praised by community.

And well tbc and cata were ten times better than wod--legion-bfa-shadowlands in the lore department, so i prefer him.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    They don't aid the people they're supposed to be spying on to the point their true master can no longer succeed.
    Why do people think the Nathrezim to be loyal to anyone but Denathrius?

the funniest and saddest thing IMO is how Kil'jaeden was supposed to be The Deceiver. I was always fine with the nathrezim serving their own agenda but fucking Jailor/Denathrius were all Blizz could come up with.

I've never felt less interested in the lore than now. It's just so fucking bad.

You made a fateful mistake even trying to think about it. Your brain will melt out of your ears in short order.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    They rly didn't, as the main focus was Sylvanas vs both factions basically. cause, apaprt from Saurfang having crippling depression and Anduin&Jaina being boring we don't even see much orcs and humans. they tried to mimic cataclysm-mop war, but bfa war was the most garbage and nonsensical thing we had for years,

Imagine a new whole campaign if we had Varian x Garry again, more or less like warcraft 2 with n'zoth acting in the background the whole expansion? it would be at least bearable.

- - - Updated - - -

As far i remember, he was not lead designer, so he didn't had much power to create things, in Legion he only did suramar that was highly praised by community.

And well tbc and cata were ten times better than wod--legion-bfa-shadowlands in the lore department, so i prefer him.
    The Metzen vision ended with Legion. Every from BfA onwards lorewise is Danuser's brainchild. And it's evident. He's the kind of guy that would drink his own bathwater

Oh great, the thread has now devolved into insulting devs instead of discussing the lore.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post

- - - Updated - - -

TBC brought russian octopus in interstellar spaceships.
    Great war3 characters as loot box only because it would bring people on the game.
    Retarded time travel so we could fight Archimonde in one of the most boring raid ever.
    It's still by far the worst lore expansion ever made.

It was a mix of no story + adding retarded fucked up ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Oh great, the thread has now devolved into insulting devs instead of discussing the lore.
    The lore is an insult to players so... not surprising.
    Last edited by Tarba; 2021-06-28 at 07:23 AM.

And here I was, thinking you meant game assets. Did they use the same assets in WC3 as in Shadowlands? What? Oh well, I guess assets can be used outside of just game development... :P

I'd assume that any in-house fighting between dreadlords is just a show to sell something and it's just a step or adjustment in order to reach their final goal. Technicaly they could take control and leading the goblins just to make them an enemy to all but while doing so they fight other dreadlords just to make others not to think about goblins posibly being controlled by dreadlords.

Infiltrators would do anything to stay hidden and move others to make the infiltrator's goal more plausable.
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    Great war3 characters as loot box only because it would bring people on the game.
    Retarded time travel so we could fight Archimonde in one of the most boring raid ever.

TBC is easily the most awfully told non-story the game has ever produced. Everything old was used as dungeon fodder after going lolinsane (Illidan, Vashj, Kargath, Kael), while everything new either took itself apart by the end (the TBC version of the blood elves), only became fleshed out much later (The Mag'har, Garrosh, The Arakkoa) or was just incomprehensible (The Sunwell is a human animu girl that fucks a dragon).

The only thing that makes BFA worse are its consequences, but taken on its own the execution and concepts of TBC tower over all other bad expansions.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    TBC is easily the most awfully told non-story the game has ever produced. Everything old was used as dungeon fodder after going lolinsane (Illidan, Vashj, Kargath, Kael), while everything new either took itself apart by the end (the TBC version of the blood elves), only became fleshed out much later (The Mag'har, Garrosh, The Arakkoa) or was just incomprehensible (The Sunwell is a human animu girl that fucks a dragon).

The only thing that makes BFA worse are its consequences, but taken on its own the execution and concepts of TBC tower over all other bad expansions.
    Hahaha I forgot about the waifu Sunwell. "You can do it Alveena, by the power of love and friendship!"

7+ Year Old Account

And all of that was still better than bfa-shadowlands

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Happens when people see warcraft as Citizen Kane slowly devolving into Son of the Mask

When in reality it's the Warcraft movie slowly devolving into Batman and Robin

The lore is an insult to players so... not surprising.
    Are you really that fragile to the point you take changes in lore as a personal insult? Are you really that offended the lore doesn't go the way you want it to that you see insulting devs as a valid option?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    When in reality it's the Warcraft movie slowly devolving into Batman and Robin
    It's more the Chronicles of Riddick devolving into the Pacifier. Both bad and deeply cheesy and involving the same guy, but with a very different intended audience and style.