Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

One good thing about WoW

If all you care about is heroic raiding, and never plan on insane keys nor mythic raiding, then all you need to worry about it is ilvl with your mainstat. You can skip ALL the systems. You don't really even need leggos. You could probably even take some shots at early mythic bosses.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

It's true, you can accomplish a lot of things if you don't respect the time and effort of your fellow raiders!
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

10+ Year Old Account
    you will be either blamed by others for not putting efforts to progress or you will be kicked

Well yes. If you don't care about anything in the game except for the most basic entry content the game is "great"?

Hmmmmm

The great thing about World of Warcraft is when you're done with all the arbitrary and unfun systems, so you can play the game at a decent level without feeling pressured anymore. I guess that's back in WoD?

theorectically true, but no matter the difficulty it depends on how well you perform compared to your fellow raiders. if youre the weakest link and hold the group back from a boss kill, theres a good chance that you will be benched, unless youre good at sucking your officers dick.
    Last edited by mojusk; 2021-06-28 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    It's true, you can accomplish a lot of things if you don't respect the time and effort of your fellow raiders!
    Anyone that thinks running an M+ 30 times for 1 piece of BiS gear is good gameplay is an idiot and you should have no respect for them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    theorectically true, but no matter the difficulty it depends on how well you perform compared to your fellow raiders. if youre the weakest link and hold the group back from a boss kill, theres a good chance that you will be benched, unless youre good at sucking your officers dick.
    LOL. By that logic, you must bench the weakest link every round. What a horrible play to play WoW. That must play hell with your roster.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Anyone that thinks running an M+ 30 times for 1 piece of BiS gear is good gameplay is an idiot and you should have no respect for them.
    --- snip ---
    Last edited by Aucald; 2021-06-28 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

Quote Originally Posted by Tsarez View Post
    Well yes. If you don't care about anything in the game except for the most basic entry content the game is "great"?

Hmmmmm
    Basic entry is LFR. Talking about heroic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    you will be either blamed by others for not putting efforts to progress or you will be kicked
    OR as guild leader, I'm going to kick the idiots putting way too much time into the game.

I found it exceedingly hard to find guilds that actually let you slack off too much without being the guild officer's bed-bunny while also not disintegrating because the better players don't want to put up with your bullshit. The sweet spot between the slacker's club of incompetent time-wasters and the crowd that wants at least some semblance of progression is not very large to begin with. The few people in there usually either go through a cycle of perpetual reformation or suffer through constant newcommer traffic because everyone that can put in a bit of time and has the skills will want to move on to better guilds. Usually to achieve more or at least spend their time better. On the other hand, the ones that absolutely don't want to put in any effort default to neurotic screeching about elitists or don't even show up regularily enough to keep a stable raid. You can maybe get away with it on normal, but on heroic you usually already start to see alot of friction in guilds.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

LOL. By that logic, you must bench the weakest link every round. What a horrible play to play WoW. That must play hell with your roster.
    pretty much, which is why its a good idea to play with likeminded people. the "weakest link" can just be the worst class for a certain boss, or just his turn to sit on a boss. its a more common scenario to be benched on mythic i guess since its a static 20 man raid. and a 25+ roster is needed if you dont wanna have the raid night cancelled often due to billys mothers brithday etc.
    Last edited by mojusk; 2021-06-28 at 02:15 PM.

I know the type. They pour 80 hours per week into the game to get BiS all over the place for the first month. Then they tell everyone "git gud haha" and quit until next patch. So they selfishly suck up as much guild time as possible then refuse to help others. Worthless toxic idiots. Its easy to weed them out by just running a guild that cares about ilvl only.

Anyone who thinks ppl run M+ 30times for bis gear clearly doesn't know what he or she is talking about. There is absolutely no point in running more than 10. and even 10 is extremly minor gains given the effort.

Most ppl who hunted upgrades did so in pvp this teir.

- - - Updated - - -

If all you care about is heroic raiding, and never plan on insane keys nor mythic raiding, then all you need to worry about it is ilvl with your mainstat. You can skip ALL the systems. You don't really even need leggos. You could probably even take some shots at early mythic bosses.
    uhm, congratz? Do you have a link to said raid that did this without legos or other systems or m+ gear?

Because thats quite a feat tbh. I could easily see heroic Denathrius without the help of all those features and gear sources becoming harder than Mythic Denathrius are with everything allowed.

It becomes like an ironman challenge or something.
    Last edited by Aphrel; 2021-06-28 at 02:34 PM.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Here's the thing - you can partake in those systems, and not absolutely maximise their every aspect like a madman. People seem to think that it's either all or nothing for some reason.

In the end it's a game. If grinding conduits to 210 ilvl was fun for you but got boring afterwards, you can just, you know, stop there at 210 ilvl conduits, instead of forcing yourself to go to 226. You can have your leggo but keep at level 3 instead of maxing it to level 4 for example. Same with literally everything else in the game.

And yeah, the vast majority of the game's content can be done without being completely maximized. Some optimization will slightly help in all scenarios, but it's not do or die in heroic raids and +15s~
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

I know the type. They pour 80 hours per week into the game to get BiS all over the place for the first month. Then they tell everyone "git gud haha" and quit until next patch. So they selfishly suck up as much guild time as possible then refuse to help others. Worthless toxic idiots. Its easy to weed them out by just running a guild that cares about ilvl only.
    What an absolutely absurd concept. To be expected, i guess.

Sure, if you wanna be a disrespectful asshole to the people you play with.

So you are just looking to be carried cause you are bad.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spalernTJ View Post
    The great thing about World of Warcraft is when you're done with all the arbitrary and unfun systems, so you can play the game at a decent level without feeling pressured anymore. I guess that's back in WoD?
    Nothing is arbitrary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unlike the person holding everyone else back and wasting their time? Yep they totally sound like the person that should be respected.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Well that just sounds like you want others to do the work.

But i agree that running mythic+ ad infinitum is just fucking annoying. Also 8 dungeons for 2+ years is not enough. Mega dungeons come but even that is not enough.

You don't NEED mythic+ for heroic but it makes it extremly easier if you do. Same with the leggo.