Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    The AP claimed it was intentional -before- it was changed *several times*. Maybe you should read previous posts of other posters and I.
    I don't work for the Associated Press nor any MSM outlet. Take your internet rage frustrations out on Kelli Kennedy.
    SO you take a single news article, not cross source it, and even with cross sourcing it, you do not wait for more infos to come up ? Talk about being gullible.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    The AP claimed it was intentional -before- it was changed *several times*. Maybe you should read previous posts of other posters and I.
    I don't work for the Associated Press nor any MSM outlet. Take your internet rage frustrations out on Kelli Kennedy.
    No, they did not.

AP stated "Some witnesses said the crash appeared to be an intentional act, but Fort Lauderdale Police Detective Ali Adamson told reporters that authorities were investigating all possibilities." At no point did they say that it was intentional and in the fourth paragraph of the original article they state "The driver and the victims were a part of the Fort Lauderdale Gay Men's Chorus family, according to a statement reported by news outlets from the group's president, Justin Knight."

It was pointed out that this was not intentional four times in the first ten posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    No, they did not.

AP stated "Some witnesses said the crash appeared to be an intentional act, but Fort Lauderdale Police Detective Ali Adamson told reporters that authorities were investigating all possibilities." At no point did they say that it was intentional and in the fourth paragraph of the original article they state "The driver and the victims were a part of the Fort Lauderdale Gay Men's Chorus family, according to a statement reported by news outlets from the group's president, Justin Knight."

It was pointed out that this was not intentional four times in the first ten posts.
    A lot of people in this thread seem to be knee jerky and upset at the Associated Press and I guess all news is bad or something, when it's really just an inability to comprehend what they are reading in the actual article of the news post. This thread is quite something.

@PC2 You know that sig we both love, I know you said you don't care, but hey, after this thread, I'm comfortable in my belief you are not the biggest.
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2021-06-21 at 09:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yas-Queen Rochana View Post
    Well, maybe a good idea not to take everything at face value the media tells you. Happens a bit too often that there are false accusations happening on the latest new trend to virtue signal about.

Tbh, when critically looking at most news article you'll find that over more than half of them tend to be wrong or biased. This isn't just aimed at you by the way, but at a lot of posters on this board especially the ones who are always smugly convinced they're right. The ones who don't even right now want to acknowledge that AP fucked up.
    They didn't "fuck up". As new information came in, they updated their account. That's how journalism works. You report on the facts as you know them, when you know them. As new information comes in, you update that accounting accordingly.

You're protesting that the AP "fucked up" by not literally having infallible psychic visions of the future.

Refusing to update accounts and insisting that your original version was the "true truth", that's how shitty propaganda outlets work, not reputable news organizations. Similarly, if you're refusing to accept that changing account and updating your own position accordingly, you're rejecting reality because you prefer a delusion. It isn't those of us who responded to the initial article and then adjusted as new information came in who've got the problem, here.

10+ Year Old Account
    This Happened in Florida could be this was intentional but the police decided to cover it up. Wouldn't be the first time.

- - - Updated - - -

You were one of those who instantly jumped to froth in rage at the mouth that this perpetrator deserved terrorism charges.

If you learned to read within context and between the lines, you would not have been so hasty to make your blood-demands.

Some of us already knew that whatever was being reported was fishy since the start.
    And you are acting every bit as much to the contrary as you're talking shit about now. If it's an investigation it's an investigation. Nothing about the Original report was any more true then than it is now. The only difference depends on your bias, and yours is sure as fuck clear.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, maybe a good idea not to take everything at face value the media tells you. Happens a bit too often that there are false accusations happening on the latest new trend to virtue signal about.

Tbh, when critically looking at most news article you'll find that over more than half of them tend to be wrong or biased. This isn't just aimed at you by the way, but at a lot of posters on this board especially the ones who are always smugly convinced they're right. The ones who don't even right now want to acknowledge that AP fucked up.
    And you can hit the pause button on this sanctimonious bullshit. The only problem you have here is with bias and jumping to conclusions is any that isn't your own. Yeah yeah surprise surprise you are the only misguided alt-righter to peddle this bullshit either.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    You were one of those who instantly jumped to froth in rage at the mouth that this perpetrator deserved terrorism charges.
    1> You really can't read "rage", at all, since I wasn't even angry. That's a pretty even-tempered post you're quoting.
    2> I adjusted my position as new information came in. There was no "jumping"; the original post suggested it was intentional and motivated by homophobia, and my original post reflected that. Which is why you're cutting out the edit I put in yesterday;

"Late edit: before more people jump in to claim I was making stuff up, the article's been edited multiple times since I made this post; there was originally speculation that it was intentional and motivated by homophobia. This post was reflective of that speculation. Presuming it remains accurate despite new information is . . . nonsense, so don't do that.

If you learned to read within context and between the lines, you would not have been so hasty to make your blood-demands.
    What "blood-demands"? "If X is true, then Y is warranted" is not the extreme position you think it is.

Some of us already knew that whatever was being reported was fishy since the start.
    Nothing in the reporting was "fishy". Stop pushing "lugenpresse" conspiracy horse shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    With someone who posts below conspiracy theory nonsense that is absurd at face-value for anyone that even remotely reads the OP's article, I'm not sure I should take your advice on anything. Maybe you're in such a position or misguided that you'd do well to listen to my instructions and wisdom. I'm quite sure of it, actually.
    No a conspiracy would be me going in on a claim this is a cover up and going in on speculation as to how, like your bullshit about the fucking media's bias not being to your liking.

NO I am pretty sure you wouldn't take my advice On anything as I don't give any. Still doesn't change you position which is anything you disagree with is biased. Despite you haven't pointed to any evidence here that has happened.

People are right to spin or speculate their opinion, just like you. You just don't happen to be right or enlightened about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post

People are right to spin or speculate their opinion, just like you. You just don't happen to be right or enlightened about anything.
    It's quite rich for the Arm-Chair insurrectionist to talk about anyone else's tendency to quote or buy into conspiracy theories. Especially when they can't grasp the very basics of journalism and reporting.

Funny how you take this reporting, which just so happens to agree with your personal biases, 100% at face value without question.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2021-06-21 at 02:56 PM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    It's quite rich for the Arm-Chair insurrectionist to talk about anyone else's tendency to quote or buy into conspiracy theories. Especially when they can't grasp the very basics of journalism and reporting.
    I think it's reasonable to assume any bias. Not to is to be completely stupid about he human condition. Which I include my own.

So when I see a news piece or whatever it isn't so much about the bias, but the ability to articulate the news as to what is actually going on. Versus speculating and drawing conclusions.

AP as a whole has a pretty solid record even though in my view they slant right. The event and news is still developing, so sure I am perfectly willing to give my own speculation as to what that will be, that's what everyone here is doing. Except for maybe a handful who always claim to KNOW what the fuck is going on. Those are always the types taking themselves and their own opinions too seriously by suggesting non applicable bullshit opinions based on their bias of news.

This Happened in Florida could be this was intentional but the police decided to cover it up. Wouldn't be the first time.
    It's Broward County, majority democrat, and City of Wilton Manors, "the second gayest city in the united states". It could possibly be intentional, but if it is it'd be on a personal level most likely (as in, the driver got mad at someone and tried to ram that person), but it seems unlikely given the information. I guess it would sound biased to say the gay men are often so busy talking they can't drive or cross the street? I dunno, they keep adding stop lights and reducing lanes to try to lower the issues, but I haven't lived there in a while.

The Stonewall Festival is of course well known in Wilton Manors, less so in the rest of the county, so while it's possible some vast AltRight terrorist action, it seems pretty unlikely to most of us, let alone a coverup. There's really not a lot to the festival, but I haven't been in years so maybe it's changed.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    It's Broward County, majority democrat, and City of Wilton Manors, "the second gayest city in the united states". It could possibly be intentional, but if it is it'd be on a personal level most likely (as in, the driver got mad at someone and tried to ram that person), but it seems unlikely given the information. I guess it would sound biased to say the gay men are often so busy talking they can't drive or cross the street? I dunno, they keep adding stop lights and reducing lanes to try to lower the issues, but I haven't lived there in a while.

The Stonewall Festival is of course well known in Wilton Manors, less so in the rest of the county, so while it's possible some vast AltRight terrorist action, it seems pretty unlikely to most of us, let alone a coverup. There's really not a lot to the festival, but I haven't been in years so maybe it's changed.
    Thank you for that insight. It’s really hard not to be skeptical in these times especially in regions that have had issues.

I appreciate what you’ve said, it’ll be interesting how it all plays out.

I think it's reasonable to assume any bias. Not to is to be completely stupid about he human condition. Which I include my own.
    But therein lies the issue and the reason for my post. If the person you quoted's assumptions of bias are reasonable it is purely by chance/accident.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    The fuck did I just read?!
    That's just one attempt at measuring human value or worth. Do you have a different guess that is more accurate?

Some people have said governments estimate our worth at around a couple million dollars but I think that's the wrong way to look at it. Also, Doctor Amadeus just made a thread about whether humans are superior to animals so it depends on how you view that topic as well.

Ever think that maybe allowing threads that only garner attention because they touch on forbidden topics might not be a good idea?

They either turn into sticks to beat people that one side dislikes politically or it turns into a reversal because someone jumped the gun and the other side simply mocks them.

Both hardly seen productive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    You people are so hell bent on fighting (violent) bigotry in any way.

I wonder what punishment society should reserve for individuals such as yourself.
    Punishment for what? posting outrage on a forum? I don't think you actually thought this post through.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

People jumped to conclusions pretty fast about this. Hopped up on the media frenzy I suppose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    People jumped to conclusions pretty fast about this. Hopped up on the media frenzy I suppose.
    Shows the actual scale of prejudice and bigotry of the supposed "free thinkers"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    Ever think that maybe allowing threads that only garner attention because they touch on forbidden topics might not be a good idea?

They either turn into sticks to beat people that one side dislikes politically or it turns into a reversal because someone jumped the gun and the other side simply mocks them.

Both hardly seen productive.
    Glad to see you still have hope in this forum after all these years of trump and floyd threads existence

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Glad to see you still have hope in this forum after all these years of trump and floyd threads existence
    The amount of circle jerking in those threads is what keeps me away from this section a lot of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    It's a wrap, the case is shut? How do you know it was hate-based?
    If you are hurting innocent people of any kind it is hate based, loving and caring people don't hurt others for no reason which means hate. From reading this particular article it looks like buddy had a medical emergency and was out of it.
    Last edited by Unholyground; 2021-06-28 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ghotihook View Post
    The amount of circle jerking in those threads is what keeps me away from this section a lot of the time.
    Oh the horror that this forum should exist without you pointing out that free healthcare isn't technically free. Like anyone with their brain still in their skulls didn't already know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post

- - - Updated - - -

And the right wing authoritarian circle jerk begins.
    Ambrose Bierce