Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Bla bla bla Pence bla bla bla lynching bla bla bla.

Yep. He's got a lifetime of that, however long that is until Trump's rabid fanbase murders him.
    Pence deserves every last bit of the situation he put himself in. I hope he is ruined, penniless and lives in fear of the monsters he helped create the rest of his miserable life. I mean an easy argument can be made that Trump is too stupid to know what he was doing, but Pence wasn't.
    Last edited by Bodakane; 2021-06-28 at 09:52 PM.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    I hope he is ruined, penniless and lives in fear of the monsters he helped create the rest of his miserable life.
    He won't be penniless, based on what we've seen on these forums. The question will be "was it worth it?"

10+ Year Old Account
    He won't be penniless, based on what we've seen on these forums. The question will be "was it worth it?"
    Not the type to buy the hype, but I'd LOVE to hear what St Pete says to him when they meet.

"Mike. Explain. Explain now."
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Not the type to buy the hype, but I'd LOVE to hear what St Pete says to him when they meet.
    Oh, I have a guess.

"What part of 'love thy neighbor' meant to hate homosexuals, Mike? Jesus was pretty clear."

Oh, I have a guess.

"What part of 'love thy neighbor' meant to hate homosexuals, Mike? Jesus was pretty clear."
    I really don't want to get into this but Pence would win that argument. The bible isn't a hippy dippy book.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nastard View Post
    A lot of idiots think that an insanity plea is something you can use as a Get Out of Jail Free card and all you have to do is put on a little show to trick people for a short time. It's much more rarely used, and when it is successful it's for legit reasons and the person goes to an arguably worse place than prison. I remember watching a police tape of a kid who shot up a school (forgive me that I can't remember which, there are just too many these days). When the investigator went out of the room, the suspect noticed a camera filming him so he put on a little show pretending to see a "demon" flying around the room. Picture in your head how a 3 year old would pretend to see an imaginary friend and you're probably right on the nose. He was a horribly bad faker and the investigator saw right through him. It would've been funny if this asshole hadn't just murdered many kids.

Wait, I think I'm in the wrong universe because I've been hit by a Mandela effect. I could've sworn the movie theater shooter tried the insanity defense and it DID work. Well, in the sense that a judge accepted a guilty plea for reasons of insanity to avoid the death penalty and wheeled him into the looney bin where he spent only a couple weeks before being shipped off to jail for the rest of his life. Then again, I spent all day thinking today was Saturday so my memory could easily be wrong. Even if my memory serves correct, you're correct in saying it's really not much of a "win" for him because he's still in jail. But, he's not dead? I'm not sure which is worse.

...Either outcome is better than 110 degree Seattle weather in freakin' May when no one has an air conditioner! Hmm, I think I just found the root of my memory issues today.

I had just recently watched this video.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    I really don't want to get into this but Pence would win that argument. The bible isn't a hippy dippy book.
    Most of the things about homosexuality are in the old testament along with not eating pork and sacrificing things to god. Most Christians faiths don't follow the old testament.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Most of the things about homosexuality are in the old testament along with not eating pork and sacrificing things to god. Most Christians faiths don't follow the old testament.
    Few rules for gays men. Tons of rules for straight people. Guess who needs guidance the most...
    Lesbians? Zero rules for them.

and I'm bowing out of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

I dunno, a messiah who tells everyone just love each other, who hangs out with prostitutes, and who tells rich people to give all their money to the poor seems pretty hippy dippy to me.

Well that's a bit up for interpretation.

The New Testament is a bit vague on the topic. Only Paul...you know the "apostle" who never met Jesus in person had opinions on the subject and even those opinions are vague as heck and don't quite qualify as a full on condemnation/prohibition.

The odd thing about Paul... That guy shaped the idea of what "Christianity" is more than the dude whom the religion is named after. Jesus did a bunch of hippy dippy stuff, some life coaching, some self help, some philosophy about morality and that's about it. Paul kinda came up with the rest, all the rules, organization, theology.

Anyway.

If the argument is not based on the New Testament but rather on the old...well then Pence is in a pickle and is doomed anyway by all those lobster dinners and expensive suits and by the occasional work he surely squeezed in on a Saturday.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Most Christians faiths don't follow the old testament.
    Except when they do.

It's called Cherry Picking and most Christians do a helluva lot of it. Especially the self described "literalists".

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump's lawyers admit charges are coming against the company but say not against Trump personally. No word about Weaselberg, who near as I can tell, hasn't cooperated yet.

I wonder how long until Weaselberg says "I never thought Trump would turn on me" when Trump refuses to pay for his legal fees or take the stand in his defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Well that's a bit up for interpretation.
    And atheists insist on their own interpretation of the Bible. So lets just drop it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post

Except when they do.

It's called Cherry Picking and most Christians do a helluva lot of it. Especially the self described "literalists".
    Those literalists should read Leviticus. Okay I'm stopping now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    "You ever sat down and read this thing? Technically, we're not allowed to go to the bathroom."

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Jesus christ, I didn't know where to post this, without making a new thread. But someone needs to take Tucker Carlson's megaphone away from him.

https://www.rawstory.com/tucker-carl...piracy-theory/

This dumbass is literally out here saying shit like the FBI and CIA are the ones that were the ones behind the Insurrection and against Trump.

And now this fucker is saying the NSA is out here trying to get him taken off the air. He literally should be taken off the air, considering the racism he has been spewing, and the bullshit lies he has been saying. But I highly doubt that the NSA is monitoring him, other than seeing if he is the link to these people that are inciting terrorist attacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    This dumbass is literally out here saying shit like the FBI and CIA are the ones that were the ones behind the Insurrection and against Trump.
    This is false, of course, but I don't know which Carlson is implying:
    1) Trump's own FBI was acting on Trump's orders and attacked the Capitol to get Trump elected and murder Pence, or
    2) Trump's own FBI was trying to get Trump impeached

Both of those say pretty negative things about Trump. Either he was a Nazi-style dictator, or he was beyond incompetent. Probably the latter. Even when he was running, Trump had always tried the underdog play. "They" were always out to stop him, which was hillarious coming from the man who inherited his billions and left shareholders and employees stuck with his debts. It was morbidly funny watching him do that when he had all the power. I'd be willing to bet Team Trump is still trying that laughable narrative by inventing a shadow Deep Bigly State that, somehow, is stronger than (by Trump's narrative) someone who had the majority of public support and was smarter than every politician ever, and was in the White House with only people who he personally chose.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait, there's more.

The host went on to say that his show had heard from a “whistleblower from within the U.S. government” who informed Carlson and producers that the National Security Agency (NSA) is “monitoring our electronic communications and is planning to leak them in an attempt to take this show off the air."

“Now, that’s a shocking claim, and ordinarily we’d be skeptical of it,” Carlson told viewers.

“The whistleblower, who is in a position to know, repeated back to us information about a story that we are working on that could have only come directly from my texts and emails,” he added. “There’s no other possible source for that information, period.”

The host then argued that “the NSA captured that information without our knowledge and did it for political reasons.”

Carlson said his show had sent a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request related to any alleged information gathered by the NSA and other agencies on his show.

The television personality offered no additional evidence to support his claim, which drew scrutiny from several users on social media.
    Carlson is claiming that his texts/emails got out, and his response to this is "they must have been snagged in electronic flight by the NSA". Not, for example, "someone I sent a text or email to leaked it".

Carlson is claiming that his texts/emails got out, and his response to this is "they must have been snagged in electronic flight by the NSA". Not, for example, "someone I sent a text or email to leaked it".
    Maybe something to do with Gaetz and a certain dinner, and then of course the go to for trumpers is "government is out to get me!"

10+ Year Old Account
    "government is out to get me!"
    I love the dichotomy Trump supporters or other insane conspiracy theorists (well, until the Trump supporters denounce the conspiracy theories Trump says, which unless they denounce them it's safe to assume they believe) have to force upon themselves.

When Trump was the government, the Deep State was out to get him and there was nothing Trump could do to shut them down.
    Now that Biden is the government, the Deep State is doing his bidding.

Like, pick lane guys, does the Deep State run the world or not? If President Biden can handle them, why couldn't Individual One? Was it because he's incompetent?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    I dunno, a messiah who tells everyone just love each other, who hangs out with prostitutes, and who tells rich people to give all their money to the poor seems pretty hippy dippy to me.
    well he did have a chance to totally destroy taxes, but he blew it !!! He knew he'd "disappear" a lot sooner if he did fuck with taxes. Besides Tithing is just a church tax so yah...gotta keep the greens rollin to jesus.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Jesus christ, I didn't know where to post this, without making a new thread. But someone needs to take Tucker Carlson's megaphone away from him.

https://www.rawstory.com/tucker-carl...piracy-theory/

And now this fucker is saying the NSA is out here trying to get him taken off the air. He literally should be taken off the air, considering the racism he has been spewing, and the bullshit lies he has been saying. But I highly doubt that the NSA is monitoring him, other than seeing if he is the link to these people that are inciting terrorist attacks.
    as i am reminded by my 3rd favorite podcast Last Podcast on the Left, a good cult always need a good villain(s) in order to keep growing.
    they need to appear to always be persecuted in order to support that they in fact saying the truth otherwise 'why would they attack the cult'

- - - Updated - - -

When you see that pastor who just finished bashing gays....sit down to eat seafood.... oh its glorious to point that out to them.

Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    This article is a handy little summation of what Barr has done to himself.

Basically, by siding with Trump over his country and his duty, he's already on the shit list of Democrats and Independants. Now, by trying to repair his image in his book by being the 5,127th person to say "I was the only voice of reason in Trump's WH" he's also losing the rabid fanbase's support as well.

Barr stood by Trump's election conspiracies and lies for far too long (which I know is even "one minute" but it was about a month after the election before he said anything other than "Yes, Trump is right"), and is only now claiming retroactively he knew it was all "bullshit". Was he teling the truth? Doesn't really matter, he helped Trump anyhow, he just didn't go all-in enough for Trump's fickle self-serving insane tastes.

Now, Barr has nobody.

There's something to be said about changing your publicly-stated opinions to fall in with a popular crowd. But this isn't high school. This is running the country. And more importantly, people in high school are less likely to brand you publicly as traitors and possibly try to lynch you.

Barr's comeback apology tour will have few fans. He threw away everything for Trump, then when he had nothing left to give, Trump discarded him like garbage.

I love the dichotomy Trump supporters or other insane conspiracy theorists (well, until the Trump supporters denounce the conspiracy theories Trump says, which unless they denounce them it's safe to assume they believe) have to force upon themselves.

When Trump was the government, the Deep State was out to get him and there was nothing Trump could do to shut them down.
    Now that Biden is the government, the Deep State is doing his bidding.

Like, pick lane guys, does the Deep State run the world or not? If President Biden can handle them, why couldn't Individual One? Was it because he's incompetent?
    No it's because the "Deep State" is run by people specifically against Trump who is the only leader bigly smart enough to know their plan and was/is the only human upstanding and strong enough to stand a chance fighting against them.

I'd honestly be laughing at how fucking bonkers that thought process is if it weren't for the fact that people ACTUALLY believe that shit and take actions based on that philosophy. It's bone chillingly terrifying at this point that living, breathing, functioning adults that hold jobs and have children believe this stuff.