Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    When i was growing up in the 80's and 90's Sweden had such an awesome reputation as the place to be.

Everybody wanted to visit the country.

Wtf happened?

I've got no desire to visit at all due to the retarded politics Sweden adopted in the last 10-15 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by mortgyes View Post
    When i was growing up in the 80's and 90's Sweden had such an awesome reputation as the place to be.

Wtf happened?

I've got no desire to visit at all due to the retarded politics Sweden adopted in the last 10-15 years.
    And what far right account does this burner belong too?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mortgyes View Post

Wtf happened?

You know 10-15 years it nothing in terms of what sounds like a total policy shift from your post.
    Go troll somewhere else since you can't name a single example yet so firm of things happening in 10-15 years.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    I honestly don't know. To me it looks like people are going to need to tighten their belts a lot in the near future and no generation alive has really experienced that right now. I don't think people can really envision life without comforts.
    Is your contention really “no generation in the history of the world has ever dealt with an influx of immigrants?”

Sorry, things like socialized medicine aren’t going to disappear despite your strictly-political and financially motivated distaste of them. The people that have it like it, and there’s really nothing a return to strict privatization offers them. There’s literally no incentive for people to want what you’re pitching. You hope they magically reject socialized medicine for basically no reason so that you get the validation for your ridiculous views that you’re not going to get any. Other. Way.

If You were to ask the western world at large what the most backwards social policies about the US are, no free education and no free healthcare would be chief among them.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2021-06-28 at 12:17 PM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Is your contention really “no generation in the history of the world has ever dealt with an influx of immigrants?”

Sorry, things like socialized medicine aren’t going to disappear despite your strictly-political and financially motivated distaste of them. The people that have it like it, and there’s really nothing a return to strict privatization offers them. There’s literally no incentive for people to want what you’re pitching. You hope they magically reject socialized medicine for basically no reason so that you get the validation for your ridiculous views that you’re not going to get any. Other. Way.

If You were to ask the western world at large what the most backwards social policies about the US are, no free education and no free healthcare would be chief among them.
    It's not but my reasoning would kick off an entirely different topic.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Nice update today.

Hopefully the speaker will force a vote much faster this time around and if they cant agree start preparing for a new election

15+ Year Old Account
    A snap election would be extremely bad but if it turns out the probing of a viable constellation fail then it has to be one.

The muppet who created the thread still refuse to rename it to be accurate.
    Last edited by Bakis; 2021-06-29 at 02:18 PM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    I honestly don't know. To me it looks like people are going to need to tighten their belts a lot in the near future and no generation alive has really experienced that right now. I don't think people can really envision life without comforts.
    No "western" generation alive, you mean?

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    A snap election would be extremely bad but if it turns out the probing of a viable constellation fail then it has to be one.

The muppet who created the thread still refuse to rename it to be accurate.
    Why would a election be extremly bad?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreuger View Post
    Why would a election be extremly bad?
    Cos by the time the transition government would be in place with AND budget its time for the campaigning for the real election to begin most of all.
    Also a few hundred million in funding.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Cos by the time the transition government would be in place with AND budget its time for the campaigning for the real election to begin most of all.
    Also a few hundred million in funding.
    Im biased, but I rather have a decent government for one year then keep this one for another.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreuger View Post
    Im biased, but I rather have a decent government for one year then keep this one for another.
    Dont want to keep this one either but I think a new one would get even more useful stuff done.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    After the last election how long did it take for a new government to form? How long would an election itself take?
    Noone knows how long it will take, it will face the same problems as we have now.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    After the last election how long did it take for a new government to form? How long would an election itself take?
    100 Days if I remember correctly.

Most likley if we have an election it would happen last week september

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Sweden doesn't have laws regarding when elections are held after they're called for?

- - - Updated - - -

And after the last election it took, what, another 4 months to figure shit out?
    Generally within 3 Months

15+ Year Old Account
    Sweden doesn't have laws regarding when elections are held after they're called for?

- - - Updated - - -

And after the last election it took, what, another 4 months to figure shit out?
    Of cos we do but my point was that the time the election need to be helt and counted isn't the problem. The problem is how the political landscape look at the moment.
    It will be a very weak government and in order to even materialise some of the parties need to budge on their hell bent demands which caused the crisis in the first place and which they still cling to.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Were you answering my response to your initial 100 days comment or my question of the person claiming nobody knows how long it would take for a snap election to take place?
    The 100 days was how long it took last time.

Snap election will be held within 3-3.5months(best guess last week september)

- - - Updated - - -

Of cos we do but my point was that the time the election need to be helt and counted isn't the problem. The problem is how the political landscape look at the moment.
    It will be a very weak government and in order to even materialise some of the parties need to budge on their hell bent demands which caused the crisis in the first place and which they still cling to.
    Latest poll is inspiring though. C drops alot while V/Sd makes signifikant gains

How much, if at all, did failure to fight coronavirus play into this? I mean we probably still remember the initial let's do no lockdowns approach when the world did the opposite last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Cringefest View Post
    Straight from the yankee book! I thought the vikings had more balls.
    Except more than USA thinks that Huawei represents a threat from Chinese goverment. And realistically thinking they do. It is China, big companies are not independent at all.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    How much, if at all, did failure to fight coronavirus play into this? I mean we probably still remember the initial let's do no lockdowns approach when the world did the opposite last year.
    Not much is my guess, its other things that are important atm from what I can tell

I

15+ Year Old Account
    Agree, dont think Covid response is on of the big issues in the election to come whether it is snap or regular.
    Are more pressing issues, Covid is not even on the radar.