Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    They are two different things.
    One is that they explain it like the ass and explain it backwards.

Another thing is that the cinematics make sense.

The cinematics make sense. They are idiots and they will explain it to you after the cinematic so it will be horrible. If they had explained to you before that the Night wars explode when it is too much power it would be different.

ps: also another thing is that in BFA I was not going to die for power either, but hey. You know what Lore is like.
    ok, then explain this to me. in what universe does a person exploding from power involve the essentially complete lack of power just before said explosion? i still see this as crappy plot armor.

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    ok, then explain this to me. in what universe does a person exploding from power involve the essentially complete lack of power just before said explosion? i still see this as crappy plot armor.
    As they said a while ago.
    Elune seems to have said "no, I don't give you more power."

I mean it is more than clear that Elune stopped giving him power.

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    You're 100% correct. It is exceptionally shitty plot armor. A lot of people in this thread are using theories and headcanon to explain it away but the simple thing is that Blizzard established that the power of the Night Warrior has killed everyone who has had it or even attempted the ritual. But somehow Tyrande is super duper special.

Poor Chad probably one of those spirits in the Maw screaming "GET ME OUT OF HERE!!!" "I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!".

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    This pretty much confirms theory that tyrande is basically potato level moron and Elune choosen her as her champion as a cruel joke.
    Elune gurl was probably bored af, so she decided to troll the everliving crap out of the naive Tyrande

And I agree with all the previous posters, seeing Tyrande strangling an undead was dumb enough, but Sylvanas choking... WTF???
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

5+ Year Old Account
    Say what you want about the cinematic. The Voice Acting is pretty damn good. Sylvana's va and Tyrande's va did a great job. Also... How am I not surprised Sylvanas didn't know about Nathanos's death by Tyrande? Did they retcon something cause I thought that was his plan all along to be with his "Beloved." The Animation is pretty good to. But the story I feel like this is becoming another BFA situation.

What did she do exactly?

Slyvie basically toyed with her the entire time, and the one time she was on her back, she smiled and grabbed Tyrande and pushed her away.

Why can't they just make Tyrande into a badass, I don't get it. She's just a chump with all these "powers" but hasn't done a single fucking thing with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Vrinara View Post
    Say what you want about the cinematic. The Voice Acting is pretty damn good. Sylvana's va and Tyrande's va did a great job. Also... How am I not surprised Sylvanas didn't know about Nathanos's death by Tyrande? Did they retcon something cause I thought that was his plan all along to be with his "Beloved." The Animation is pretty good to. But the story I feel like this is becoming another BFA situation.
    I've seen ten people(in various shades of anger for some reason) asking this question, but I think you're all missing that she's not surprised he ended up dying, as that seemed to be the plan, but she's surprised that he's dead and she hasn't seen him yet, given she's allied to the dude currently controlling where souls go.

It's not "What? How is he dead????", it's "wait, if he did what we discussed and is dead, where the fuck is his soul?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Elune gurl was probably bored af, so she decided to troll the everliving crap out of the naive Tyrande

And I agree with all the previous posters, seeing Tyrande strangling an undead was dumb enough, but Sylvanas choking... WTF???
    Well... first thing I thought of was Tyrande strangling her not to kill her, but to prevent her Banshee scream. Would go well with her plan to overload and burst them both, since Banshee's cry would be the only weapon Sylvanas had at the moment... but with Sylvanas conjuring daggers and chains out of shadows, who knows what she can pull of actually.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    You're 100% correct. It is exceptionally shitty plot armor. A lot of people in this thread are using theories and headcanon to explain it away but the simple thing is that Blizzard established that the power of the Night Warrior has killed everyone who has had it or even attempted the ritual. But somehow Tyrande is super duper special.
    Are we surprised by Classic Trope #2415874 ?

I mean, X is said to be impossible, and then character Y does it. Yes, that's classic storytelling, that doesn't make Blizzard bad at story writing (there are tons of other points to be angry at).

That Tyrande is special, I'd have no problem with that. Keep in mind the situation is special as well. The other Night Warriors were not fighting to save the cosmos. Maybe Elune knows it's useless to sacrifice Tyrande's Night Warriors power on Sylvanas when it'll be needed against Jailer. Maybe she has a special connection with Tyrande. Maybe she's in love with Sylvanas. Maybe she has run out of battery and needs to recharge.

There are tons of theories. But all in all, Tyrande being more special than Random Night Warrior #14 wouldn't be that problematic.

cringefest.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    I had a good laugh, so once again nothing was achieved and the night warrior arc had a very pitiful payoff. That Tyrande tried to strangle someone, who doesn't need to breath was just amazing XD
    it's not even funny.

it's sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeraldofSargeras View Post
    I really don't understand why Elune abandoned her, yet again. Is it because Danuser? Or simply Elune didn't want Sylvanas to die? Legit confused.
    Yea, something is wrong with Elune. With all cosmic beings actually. Just don't know yet what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    English

Spanish

I'm useless as far as we know. But she did something and she didn't look stupid. Apart from the interesting thing about Nathanos.
    But at least her plot no longer counts as a kick in the Eggs.
    Step from 3/10 to 6/10.
    I liked it. It was a little off putting about her minor reaction to nathanos. Perhaps that she hadn't seen him, or that he had not arrived in the maw.. maybe she assumed he hadnt died yet.

Quote Originally Posted by rainhard View Post
    9.1 also adds a story about some giant guys and how he made their life hell would recommend you to read it, they are now the hand mounts.
    Will need to check that out. I want to get the one the secret discord found just before patch anyway. Do you get them through that or are they scattered notes?

Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    I just don't think the issues with his characterization ultimately come from the lac of us directly seeing him torturing anything. They've ultimately been far too coy about what his ultimate plan is and the reason he was banished other than just ooooooh secret knowledge and it maybe has something to do with never before mentioned first ones and relied too much on the he wants to destroy Azeroth and hey I keep all my stuff on Azeroth attachment.
    It's a bit of both. The thing is, given the guy's design and what the Maw actually is, there's absolutely no way you can convincingly play coy with what his motive is or if it's good. No matter if he means to give everyone a pony everything about him screams the opposite and his method is the most final kind of harm you can do to a person applied to implied millions. One way to get over this would be to have him aloof and not interact with people so he's more of a symbol than a real enemy, like Deathwing in Cata or Sauron. This is closed to them though since they had him show up in his prison suit and have him mouth one-liners anyway. His terrible design is that of a big blue human.

So if he can't be sympathetic and he also can't be godlike, the only route of characterization left open is to go for spiteful and cruel on a personal level. Lean into the fact that this is a guy who's done nothing for a stupidly long period of time but personally administer the torture of the most vile pieces of shit in the universe while stewing over how his family let him down and put him in that spot. He takes that out on everyone he meets. We don't need to see some Saw shit, the game can do a lot just with implication, see Krastinov. A villain like what that Fairy Tale book implies who gets Vereesa's hopes up for the sole purposes of seeing them dashed again so he can take some petty satisfaction that her life is just as joyless as his is is hateable and someone you want to defeat. See also Arthas raising Sylvanas and making her watch and participate in killing her kingdom/killing his father/mocking Uther as he dies/taking the piss out of Kael over Jaina not being into him etc.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    She ATTEMPTED to do something. But failed.

So really, nothing happened. Nothing changed. If all actions lead to status quo, then have you really accomplished anything?

When is Sylvanas going to do anything other than spout words from a teenage poetry session and fly away? It's kind of hard to give a shit about anything Sylvanas-related when we know thanks to her abilities that there's virtually no actual way to kill her.

Quote Originally Posted by Xykotic View Post
    She ATTEMPTED to do something. But failed.

So really, nothing happened. Nothing changed. If all actions lead to status quo, then have you really accomplished anything?
    Yeah this is really it. She attempted something but failed to do anything and nothing changed. It didn't even really delay the jailor's plan.

Sometimes it feels like Blizzard has this idea for characters, and it's good. But then as time goes on, deveopment changes, stories get shifted, and the story turns into total garbage. "We'll do it live" is Shadowlands current point in the story.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    She later talks through tyrande and tells her of a plan for the night elf souls, what this means is anyone's guess, but one thing is sure, elunes help is quite shitty.
    This is basicaly Tzeentch telling Magnus not to kill Ahriman moment.

Except that was important moment for Magnus, since it made him realise what a pawn in the grand scheme he is. This is just tripe.

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    right lmao?
    "oh nooo, shes using chains (again). who wouldve thought she could do that? and oh noooooo, shes flying away in banshee form (again). who wouldve thought she could do THAT?"
    Or the worst offender, the BfA battle for Undercity: "Oh noes! She's using plague! Who could have expected *that*?"

That is IMO the biggest factor in Sylvanas being a huge annoyance rather than a cool antagonist, the fact that they have to dial down other people's IQs into the "Shoe size"-range for any of her schemes to actually work...