Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by M1r4g3 View Post
    Only the switch makes sense since its kinda unique and portable.
    Considering it already can be emulated, portability is the only part that makes sense and even then it doesn't matter that much with the current pandemic.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by Texan Penguin View Post
    So does anyone else here share my experience, or am I in a very tiny minority?
    So you went for the awfull early AMD ZEN budget builds, with not only poor performance for gaming but also lot of stability issues - and thats your take for console switch, that your awfull build was performing poorly and had BSODs - because you choose the wrong budget brand?

Thats not "PC gaming", thats going with a budget build from the underdog brand and dealing with the consequences of your choice.

If you enjoy gaming on the foolproof console, thats great.

Do you really think that getting crashes and BSODs regularly is "normal" in PC gaming?
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    I've always seen Playstation 2 as the golden era of console gaming. How many of those games are available now, on PS5?
    Thats probably because you where at the intended age for it then.

To me the NES was the absolute peak of console gaming.

These days i dont often play console games because i dont really like the idea of console exclusives and the extremely expensive hardware required for them.

Like i have 2-3 titles per nintendo i want to play and perhaps 1-2 per playstation.

Big Zelda fan but i honestly might have outgrown it a little bit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Considering it already can be emulated, portability is the only part that makes sense and even then it doesn't matter that much with the current pandemic.
    Being able to steal something doesnt take away from its value...

"well considering you could steal a farrari it doesnt really make sense buying one"

I've never really understood why people think they have to be a PC gamer or a Console gamer. Some games are better on console. Some are better on PC.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Some people use their PC for more than gaming so hooking it up to a tv may not be ideal.
    So the logical step is to spend 700+$ on a console instead of a longer cable or w/e?

So the logical step is to spend 700+$ on a console instead of a longer cable or w/e?
    If a longer cable isn't a viable option than yeah. In my case it's cheaper than upgrading the pc and even then it's too far to hook up directly to a tv. Best I can do is stream and that isn't really ideal, especially if you wanna play online.

No i am on the same boat, i spent less and less time on my PC and i don't really enjoy the fact that i have to sit on a chair like i do at work, however i really love to play on a coach laid back with my switch or with my ps5. i don't know when i transitioned from consoles to pc, probably it was due to WoW and to the huge deals Steam offers but the recent years consoles grow up into me more and more.

I prefer my custom keyboards I have built myself for my unique needs, that I switch between depending on the type of game it is, unless it's a exclusive, and Sony and Nintendo got enough can't miss exclusives, PC all the way for me. Though only really started going PC about a decade ago, before then outside wow I played exclusive to console. Also, bonus of PC is no annual fee's to play online multiplayer or pvp. On top of that steam sales and gog and gmg humble etc etc online stores so many digital online stores means you are getting games cheaper more often since you are not limited to stores that are essentially a monopoly on digital gaming and hoping the game you want eventually goes on sale on playstation store, and because of these factors I'm not entirely convinced console gaming is even cheaper in the long run, just the initial purchase is.

Honestly I think its an age factor, as I get older I just don't want to play at my desk. Now obviously you could just connect the pc to a tv but if that isn't an option than a console does make more sense.

Simplicity is also a major factor.
    Last edited by everydaygamer; 2021-06-30 at 06:33 AM.

What the heck kind of console are you buying for that amount?

Like, the most expensive consoles are the Xbox Series X and the disc version of the PS5.

Both of which have cheaper editions too.

You'd have to throw a switch lite in to reach the amount you're talking about, so that would be two consoles even.

At the end of the day though, people will buy what they want to buy. I'll never understand this hyper fixation of trying to disprove another's enjoyment. Like, "oh no, they're having fun with something *I* don't like, so it's wrong!".

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    What the heck kind of console are you buying for that amount?

Like, the most expensive consoles are the Xbox Series X and the disc version of the PS5.

Both of which have cheaper editions too.

You'd have to throw a switch lite in to reach the amount you're talking about, so that would be two consoles even.

At the end of the day though, people will buy what they want to buy. I'll never understand this hyper fixation of trying to disprove another's enjoyment. Like, "oh no, they're having fun with something *I* don't like, so it's wrong!".
    Cheapest one in my country is 689 euros, but i used a random ~500$ price on it +3 games which are ~60$ each.

I don't really care if you buy a pc or a pc in a xbox/ps5 case, i'm just against artificial exclusivity, tho in an ideal world there wouldn't be consoles and you would instead buy a prebuilt pc with a console-like OS or something.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post

Being able to steal something doesnt take away from its value...

"well considering you could steal a farrari it doesnt really make sense buying one"
    Who am I stealing from by emulating Switch?
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    16 years and yes, so many games are better than wow, especially modern wow. And I didn't just say games made by nintendo, but 3rd party exclusives. Smt5 will be game of the year.
    It's fascinating how different opinions and views on games can be. I mean that in a good way. I just looked up the game you talked about and everything about it screams "bad game" to me. The art-style is...different, but the gameplay looks absolutely terrible, to me.

I hope it will be good and that you'll enjoy it though!

High Overlord
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    So you went for the awfull early AMD ZEN budget builds, with not only poor performance for gaming but also lot of stability issues - and thats your take for console switch, that your awfull build was performing poorly and had BSODs - because you choose the wrong budget brand?

Thats not "PC gaming", thats going with a budget build from the underdog brand and dealing with the consequences of your choice.

If you enjoy gaming on the foolproof console, thats great.

Do you really think that getting crashes and BSODs regularly is "normal" in PC gaming?
    AMD is the top dog at the moment & have the best technology & they have never had more BSOD than Intel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I don't see why people care about pc so much when sony and nintendo just have better games. My pc is just for wow, diablo and resident evil
    Almost all of playstation games are also on PC and Nintendo.... lul, yeah i guess its all personal opinion but please, nintendo just copy/pastes their mediocore games over and over and over and over... you get the picture, but i guess thats what you can do if you have a rabid fanbase like nintendo has. People literally defend 60€ remake of shitty zelda game for example.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by squidgod View Post
    AMD is the top dog at the moment & have the best technology & they have never had more BSOD than Intel.
    AMD got <20% market share in desktops, DIY market is tied, but its just a small part.

Issues with Intel Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) were huge till ZEN2 and ZEN2/3 are still limited in what DIMMs they can use, limited in what VR headsets you can run (USB compatibility with CPU and chipset - full clownshow) and still limited with windows scheduler support that keeps the CPU from going even to idle state.

Good luck with your information source in the future, since you seem to get marketing/sponsored techtuber informations and hopefully not even worse, reddit circlejerking pro AMD news.

I got a ZEN2 build if you care and replaced my gaming rig after dealing with the shitshow for 6 months with a cheap Intel 10th gen system (10900k / Z490 / RTX3090) to not have to deal with workarounds for unsolved issues.
    -

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Almost all of playstation games are also on PC and Nintendo.... lul, yeah i guess its all personal opinion but please, nintendo just copy/pastes their mediocore games over and over and over and over... you get the picture, but i guess thats what you can do if you have a rabid fanbase like nintendo has. People literally defend 60€ remake of shitty zelda game for example.
    It's funny to me when people who clearly don't play games always say things like this. Pro tip: the switch and ps4/5 have 1st and 3rd party exclusives that aren't on pc!
    Last edited by Video Games; 2021-06-30 at 01:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless it's something that is better from a gameplay standpoint on PC (like MMOs) then I much more prefer to play games on Console. Playing games on PC are always a hassle of finding the perfect settings to balance performance and graphical quality unless your PC is so powerful that you can just brute force your way through any game. Plus, I work in game development, so I'm at my computer all day. When I get off work sometimes I just wanna get away. Plus there are a lot of distractions on my PC that prevent me from getting fully immersed.

I'm sure other people feel differently, but this is why even though I have a pretty solid PC, I choose to primarily play on console. Plus Steam achievements are shit and I much prefer Xbox Achievements or PS Trophies.

I started with a PSX, then got a PC and haven't looked back until a few years ago, when I tried PS4. I couldn't play it, was getting constant headaches. Low FPS on PS4 is the only reason I could see, it never happens when I'm on PC or watching TV, I was sitting far enough and straight ahead. And that's as if low FPS wasn't a major problem itself. Also couldn't switch back to gamepad, it's just so limiting compared to mouse and keyboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

I really only enjoyed playing consoles more when online or couch multiplayer "Split Screen" was more of a thing. I remember my brother and I buying the first Destiny for Xbox 360 because we were super stoked to play it next to each other online and use Split Screen (like the Halo games), only to find out it just wasn't a feature of the game.