Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    MC at the time of vanilla original release, WAS harder than naxx 2.0. That is undeniable. Naxx 2.0 is more comparable to MC from WoW Classic's launch patch (1.12) where it can be steamrolled by any breathing individuals.

Immortal and Undying WERE pugged at the time, and anyone who says otherwise was not there. I was on a mid-tier server and there were pugs of both titles that ran weekly. They weren't always successful, but they sometimes were. They were also sold by guilds too.

Look, i love WOTLK and it has some pretty good content come Ulduar and ICC.... but tier 1 of WOTLK was a mess. DK's were broken in pvp to a degree never before seen by any class in WoW history, and NAXX/Sarth and the PVP zone raid boss were all incredibly easy.

You can make a case for mimiron hard mode, or Algalon being difficult and i'd agree... but naxx 2.0 was so easy ANYONE could clear, it was a meme before memes.

EDIT: Look, we can agree to disagree without the name calling but if you think naxx 2.0 is hard... just wait for wotlk classic cuz i can guarantee, unless they tweak it (which i would actually recommend they do, like 10%) then it's gonna be steamrolled practically day 1-2
    ....It was only harder because barely anyone knew how to play the game and internet connections were garbage. Classic proved that MC wasn't hard AT ALL. Saying that Naxx 2.0 was more difficult than MC mechanically is an outright lie.

You have shown numerous times in the past you're willing to lie to avoid admitting you're wrong. So I don't believe even for a second you played Wrath when it was current. There is no agreeing to disagree here. You're just flat out wrong.

I feel most of the reason for those classic releases is to give an outlet to people that never played back then. I bet there are a few lunatics that are now 40+ and played vanilla in full and still play classic but it's pretty clear they are a minority because of their age alone (very few people play games that need hours online after that kind of age).
    I personally played TBC in full back in the day (not all the raids but still) and I have almost 0 desire to go through it since if you truly play an expansion for months and for hours daily you don't really "forget" it (I personally remember like yesterday TBC and WotLK and Cataclysm and part of MoP and and..).

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    ....It was only harder because barely anyone knew how to play the game and internet connections were garbage. Classic proved that MC wasn't hard AT ALL. Saying that Naxx 2.0 was more difficult than MC mechanically is an outright lie.

You have shown numerous times in the past you're willing to lie to avoid admitting you're wrong. So I don't believe even for a second you played Wrath when it was current. There is no agreeing to disagree here. You're just flat out wrong.
    Classic was running on patch 1.12. The pre tbc patch basically

Everything in classic was nerfed many times over again

Do you really think you’re a better gamer than gamers of that era? You might be more knowledgeable but they are superior gamers because they were forged in an era of difficult unforgiving games, and even more unforgiving multiplayer.

It was a matter of the fights were more difficult before being nerfed, that isn't a secret at all and is open knowledge by blizz themselves.

You are obviously a troll, I’ve offered proof via testimony and even my old Alts armory

Go ahead and link YOUR characters armory from wotlk. I’ll wait

I suspect it isn’t nearly as decorated as my third characters achievement list was, spoiler alert, even my ALTS had undying while it was current content

Ps - for the record, I am undefeated in discussions with you. You know nothing, accuse others of being wrong, troll, and then pout and insult. It’s very predictable. Prove me wrong. If your next post doesn’t have your wotlk armory, I don’t ever wanna see you post again here but let me guess.. you no longer have that account, sold it, lost it, etc. you won’t be able to link proof of your success in wotlk like I did or even better, you'll link a character that isn't even you.
    Last edited by justandulas; 2021-06-30 at 01:19 AM.

Classic was running on patch 1.12. The pre tbc patch basically

Everything in classic was nerfed many times over again

Do you really think you’re a better gamer than gamers of that era? You might be more knowledgeable but they are superior gamers because they were forged in an era of difficult unforgiving games, and even more unforgiving multiplayer.

It was a matter of the fights were more difficult before being nerfed, that isn't a secret at all and is open knowledge by blizz themselves.

You are obviously a troll, I’ve offered proof via testimony and even my old Alts armory

Go ahead and link YOUR characters armory from wotlk. I’ll wait

I suspect it isn’t nearly as decorated as my third characters achievement list was, spoiler alert, even my ALTS had undying while it was current content

Ps - for the record, I am undefeated in discussions with you. You know nothing, accuse others of being wrong, troll, and then pout and insult. It’s very predictable. Prove me wrong. If your next post doesn’t have your wotlk armory, I don’t ever wanna see you post again here but let me guess.. you no longer have that account, sold it, lost it, etc. you won’t be able to link proof of your success in wotlk like I did or even better, you'll link a character that isn't even you.
    "I am undefeated in discussions with you". Really? Dude, just stop. All you're doing is showing everyone that instead of admitting you're wrong, you're going to spew more nonsense and condescension. If you feel the need to say crap like "I'm undefeated" you have proven you're wrong. I don't need to link anything. You also haven't posted a single shred of evidence either. And the only person who has been using insults is you so far. Just admit that you didn't play Wrath when it was current and move on. Admitting you're wrong won't kill you.

"I am undefeated in discussions with you". Really? Dude, just stop. All you're doing is showing everyone that instead of admitting you're wrong, you're going to spew more nonsense and condescension. If you feel the need to say crap like "I'm undefeated" you have proven you're wrong. I don't need to link anything. You also haven't posted a single shred of evidence either. And the only person who has been using insults is you so far. Just admit that you didn't play Wrath when it was current and move on. Admitting you're wrong won't kill you.
    I mean, you literally just took an L here by not linking your armory. Not that it would matter since you'd just link someone elses.

And yes, i did instruct you on how to reach my armory... just check this characters name. It's the only one in the world. It was my 3rd character in WOTLK, and i guarantee my third string alt was more accomplished than you in WOTLK. He certainly had no problem getting Undying about 10x over, it was pugged on nearly every single realm weekly.

Quit trying to sell WOTLK as something it isn't, it's a great expac but that first tier is not difficult at all and anyone who says that was not there for it, or maybe wasn't old enough to use a keyboard/mouse properly, but either way stop embarrassing yourself here by pretending WOTLK is some elite expac first tier when that first tier is so simple a caveman could do it.

I mean, you literally just took an L here by not linking your armory. Not that it would matter since you'd just link someone elses.

And yes, i did instruct you on how to reach my armory... just check this characters name. It's the only one in the world. It was my 3rd character in WOTLK, and i guarantee my third string alt was more accomplished than you in WOTLK. He certainly had no problem getting Undying about 10x over, it was pugged on nearly every single realm weekly.

Quit trying to sell WOTLK as something it isn't, it's a great expac but that first tier is not difficult at all and anyone who says that was not there for it, or maybe wasn't old enough to use a keyboard/mouse properly, but either way stop embarrassing yourself here by pretending WOTLK is some elite expac first tier when that first tier is so simple a caveman could do it.
    So you admit that no matter what, you'd not believe it was my armory. Which is exactly why I didn't bother linking anything. And just like you accused me of doing, you can easily just link someone else's armory. Based on all your other comments, it's blatantly clear you're a very dishonest person. There's also absolutely no way to prove you pugged Undying as many times as you claim so it's likely just another one of your lies.

Get back to me when you feel like not posting dishonest replies over and over.

You can not only check my armory for wotlk, even tho that lock has been retired for eons and is an alt at best, my alt would still have more achievements than your main when it comes to wotlk

If you actually got past your own ego for five seconds, you’d know I’m right. The only challenging thing with wotlk launch was immortal and undying title, and even that was less challenging and more about perfection

Ulduar was the first raid in wotlk to offer an iota of challenge, kid

You are projecting a little too much and it’s clear that YOU didn’t play wotlk at a high level, or you’d know every word I said was factual. In fact, immortal and undying was being pugged weekly prior to ulduars launch. Pugs were doing immortal and undying while it was the top content. Let that sink in

Wotlk early on, was by far, the easiest WoW tier of all time. Even Mc was harder than work naxx

- - - Updated - - -

THANK YOU! this is a man who clearly played WOTLK and isn't just speaking from nostalgia he didn't earn like another poster here.
    You are one of those guys:"Naxx will take months to clear, it is hardcore!" classic andies? Completly delusional. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    Personally I'm waiting for any new MMO to be good. WoW has been shitty to me for at least 3 expacs now, probably longer - and going back and playing expansions that I already played the hell out of doesn't appeal to me either. Every single one of those classic relaunches has a shelf life, and not a terribly long one.
    Personally, i wouldnt hold out any hope at all for any upcoming mmos, but there are some existing ones that might interest you. I wont do any game V game bullshit, but FF14 and GW2 still have plenty of players and are doing amazing in their own right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

I've learned that even when people prove you wrong, you will still say you're right. Saying immortal and undying were pugged is just an outright lie. Saying MC was harder than Naxx is also a lie.
    what are you talking about, people were pugging it 100% - most of the were probably unsuccessful

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Nah, I mostly wanted TBC and I got it. I’ll play Wrath when it comes out but I’m not really hyped other than being able to use the QOL collection features on my TBC character.

I've learned that even when people prove you wrong, you will still say you're right. Saying immortal and undying were pugged is just an outright lie. Saying MC was harder than Naxx is also a lie.
    I pugged both immortal and undying.

You are correct with MC not being harder than Naxx though. While Naxx was a cakewalk, it was not MC levels of cakewalk. You could actually wipe on stuff like Thaddius if your group was shit.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    this could very well be accurate,i also did have my most fun in wow during wrath,but then look at wod,it had the biggest sub drop and besides the legendery ring had nothing extra you needed to do,the raiding was also top tier imo,granted wrath did provide more raids and the pvp system was better
    I personally didn't hate WoD as most people do but I do recognize that my priorities in-game may vary from what others enjoy. That became obvious to me when Legion came out and I thought WQs were awful but everyone in my guild felt they were the best new feature WoW had added in years. Some people like to grind low difficult, time-intensive content to progress a bar. I understand that. I just find it miserable which is why I feel it shouldn't be mandatory. Thats what drove me away from retail. I have no problem with WQs, the maw, torghast, etc existing. My problem is having to farm them forever or fall behind at the activities I actually enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Milfshaked View Post
    I pugged both immortal and undying.

You are correct with MC not being harder than Naxx though. While Naxx was a cakewalk, it was not MC levels of cakewalk. You could actually wipe on stuff like Thaddius if your group was shit.
    I said vanilla mc was harder than naxx 2.0, not classic mc. Classic raids were nerfed like 40% since it was the 1.12 patch.

I wasn’t even trashing naxx 2.0, but dude is out here selling it as incredibly hard when it wasn’t. Tier 1 in wotlk was meme worthy it was so easy.

I love wotlk but anyone who says that the first tier was hard was likely not there

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Im really confused - your dk was worgen? You mean on retail, right?
    Yeah.
    So... obviously that's not till Cata (assuming they go there again) but... maybe one day, I get to romp around on my Worgen DK again
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Notice how the undying and immortal achievements exist only for naxx 2.0. Because they knew it was hilariously easy. Those achievements never existed for a raid before or after naxx 2.0. You ever wonder why? Because no raid has ever been the that easy. You could legit go the entire raid without a single death in the entire raid. What other raid can you say that about?
    I can't say anything about the difficulty of Immortal and Undying because only I started playing during 3.1, but you do realize that Immortal runs were also a thing in Ulduar and especially in ToC (see https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=...immortality#)?

Wrath without LFD and ToTC tier would be nice. I reckon they just downgrade the ilvl on totc tier to ulduar tier and make it a side raid that comes out in the middle of ulduar and icc.
    Last edited by Yizu; 2021-07-01 at 06:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Piando View Post
    I can't say anything about the difficulty of Immortal and Undying because only I started playing during 3.1, but you do realize that Immortal runs were also a thing in Ulduar and especially in ToC (see https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=...immortality#)?
    I forgot about the one in ToC because ToC was so forgettable. Ulduar had an individual one that ran on bosses, and could be done week to week. Not like the ToC or undying/immortal where the entire raid had to be flawless

But I stand corrected in regards to ToC.

no, but i was waiting for TBC

Wrath is gonna be great tho

I think classic Wotlk will be a harsh reality check for some people because it was pretty much the pinnacle of "nothing to do" in game outside of raids and pvp. Even as a raider it was underwhelming.