Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I was under the impression that Tyrande was trying to tear Sylvanas' head off her shoulders and not strangle her, though I can see how it looks like strangling (and Sylvanas does seem to be affected by it).
    I don't know. It reminded me of the movie 'Get Out' (2017), where the main character chokes his "girlfriend" until she smiles.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    It made no sense. Why choke a person that doesn’t need to breathe? Why did Elune abandon Tyrande?
    I thought she was trying to mortal Kombat like pull her head off but lacked the strength

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    I thought she was trying to mortal Kombat like pull her head off but lacked the strength
    You don't choke a character to do that. You put them in a headlock or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Pretty much this. I posted in another forum that what happens actually raises some interesting questions.
    Is it possible Elune is in league with the Jailer?
    Does she have some unexplained divination that she can see glimpses of the future and knows that Sylvanas living is necessary to stop the Jailer and his forces later?
    Does she think that Tyrande is not worthy of her power?
    I think it's more to save Tyrande, and i think the cinematic with Elune which has Tyrande learn to contorl the power at last, as the first Night warrior ever to do so, will reveal why this happened.

This is my suspicion anyway.

The naysayers are right, Tyrande actually doesn't accomplish anything, it's exactly like the Darkshore warfront, meaningless, the land already destroyed, no people left to protect, no assets really, the victory is a hollow one that does nothing.

Still it's nice to see her looking rather cool.. and it's nice they aren't turning her into an evil raid boss and the night elves have a character gain more power.. what's still a bit frustrating is when are the night elves themselves getting powerful

We know Tyrande, Malfurion, Illidan are insanely powerful, Azshara too... when wer ewe going to see the night elves wielding powerful Well of Eternity arcane, druids bursting forthwith more power from the emerald dream and nature, priests carrying and showing more of that Elune power we see Tyrande wielding, and now blackmoon powers.

The night elves themselves on the alliance side aren't been shown to be more powerful... we should have seen Moonguard, black Moon, Highborne, Dreamwardens, Moon Priestesses, showing up with some serious power.

If they could show how Tyrande's powering up also means night elves were powering up, same with Malfurion when he does those amazing things, the knowledge is shared, if they had shown Prince Farondis, and The Moonguard linking up with the Darnassians and sharing that so we know the power is also going to the night elf peoples.. same with the dream wardens and the Illidari demon hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    I think it's more to save Tyrande, and i think the cinematic with Elune which has Tyrande learn to contorl the power at last, as the first Night warrior ever to do so, will reveal why this happened.

This is my suspicion anyway.

The naysayers are right, Tyrande actually doesn't accomplish anything, it's exactly like the Darkshore warfront, meaningless, the land already destroyed, no people left to protect, no assets really, the victory is a hollow one that does nothing.

Still it's nice to see her looking rather cool.. and it's nice they aren't turning her into an evil raid boss and the night elves have a character gain more power.. what's still a bit frustrating is when are the night elves themselves getting powerful

We know Tyrande, Malfurion, Illidan are insanely powerful, Azshara too... when wer ewe going to see the night elves wielding powerful Well of Eternity arcane, druids bursting forthwith more power from the emerald dream and nature, priests carrying and showing more of that Elune power we see Tyrande wielding, and now blackmoon powers.

The night elves themselves on the alliance side aren't been shown to be more powerful... we should have seen Moonguard, black Moon, Highborne, Dreamwardens, Moon Priestesses, showing up with some serious power.

If they could show how Tyrande's powering up also means night elves were powering up, same with Malfurion when he does those amazing things, the knowledge is shared, if they had shown Prince Farondis, and The Moonguard linking up with the Darnassians and sharing that so we know the power is also going to the night elf peoples.. same with the dream wardens and the Illidari demon hunters.
    Well, Tyrande did do something. She saved the Azeroth’s hero, as well as the Covenant champions, from Sylvanas. Keep in mind that before Tyrande showed up that Sylvanas was beating them and also started summoning creatures from the Maw. Tyrande showing up put an end to that. She just wasn’t able to complete her goal of killing Sylvanas.
    Also, the cinematic revealed that Elune had/has blessed Tyrande with more power than the Jailer gave, or possibly is only capable of giving, Sylvanas as Tyrande basically overpowered everything Sylvanas used against her. She was more powerful physically when she overcame and threw Sylvanas, she was stronger magically when she broke the chains that even Bolvar couldn’t, then again when she was close to strangling/crushing Sylvanas’s throat, and then shown even faster than Sylvanas banshee form while attempting to fall back.
    My main point is that the cinematic has more going on than Blizzard trying to be some weeb company that puts out underwhelming and meaningless videos.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    You don't choke a character to do that. You put them in a headlock or something.
    I didn’t say tyrande was smart about it

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I was under the impression that Tyrande was trying to tear Sylvanas' head off her shoulders and not strangle her, though I can see how it looks like strangling (and Sylvanas does seem to be affected by it).
    Tyrande just promised Sylvanas to get her head few moments ago... So yes, I also got that impression. She also might want to prevent Sylvanas from using her Banshee Cry. Either way, Sylvanas looked it's not comforting to her, so it had some effect before her powers faded.

At least this cutscene brings us memes.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Sylvanas: I'm gonna kill my sisters so we can all be undead together.
    Also Sylvanas: My boytoy is dead. Boo hoo hoo
    Pretty much Also remember in erm.. Was it in warcrimes? when Vareesa pretty much gave sylvannas Hope then said "Actually no i cant betray the Alliance" there was a scene where Sylvannas decided to rip out her heart never love again and pretty much decimated all over Silverpine in a Rage....

But yea Nathanos hes the one who really breaks Sylvannas heart

Also not everyone will know hes her boytoy unless they did a loyalist run back in BFA and if you was horde
    Last edited by Romanthony; 2021-06-30 at 03:13 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don't know who did this, but it pretty much sums it up for me.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...owlands_story/

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    Pretty much Also remember in erm.. Was it in warcrimes? when Vareesa pretty much gave sylvannas Hope then said "Actually no i cant betray the Alliance" there was a scene where Sylvannas decided to rip out her heart never love again and pretty much decimated all over Silverpine in a Rage....

But yea Nathanos hes the one who really breaks Sylvannas heart
    Same as Arthas. Remember that he kept his torn out heart at the bottom of a frozen lake? But there was still enough humanity left in him somehow. He was holding back the Scourge from being a mindless horde. Because that is the purpose of the Lich King. Except not, cause he is supposed to go to the Shadowlands to gather Sigils for the Jailer. Something neither Ner'Zhul, nor Arthas nor Bolvar attempted. And for that you probably need a mournblade cause that is what Anduin is controlled with. Except Shattering Froustmourne simply released the souls Arthas collected. Bolvar didn't even have a mournblade, so I guess the Helm is important. But Anduin isn't given a helm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post

- Choke me, Tyrande.
    - What?
    - What?

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Same as Arthas. Remember that he kept his torn out heart at the bottom of a frozen lake? But there was still enough humanity left in him somehow. He was holding back the Scourge from being a mindless horde. Because that is the purpose of the Lich King. Except not, cause he is supposed to go to the Shadowlands to gather Sigils for the Jailer. Something neither Ner'Zhul, nor Arthas nor Bolvar attempted. And for that you probably need a mournblade cause that is what Anduin is controlled with. Except Shattering Froustmourne simply released the souls Arthas collected. Bolvar didn't even have a mournblade, so I guess the Helm is important. But Anduin isn't given a helm.

Continuity whats that? Character motivation and development whats that?

I get the feeling one of the Encrypted Cinematic is going to be Sylvannas finding Nathnaos, and then crying her eyes out going banshee berserk and the jailer peaces out having won the fight thanks to Sylvannas distraction with the ending being her saying "Ill help you defeat him... for Nathanoas" -,-

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Out of curiosity, why did Sylvanas flee when Ysera appeared? Did i miss something?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Mr. Blue Sky playing in the distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Smallfruitbat View Post
    I don't know who did this, but it pretty much sums it up for me.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...owlands_story/
    oh, its beautiful
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post

What's wrong with that?
    same thing wrong it would be by putting on a human or a dwarf

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    No, it was bad. Of course, it was a pretty badass cinematic in itself. But as a part of the whole it's yet another display of Blizzard's complete disregard for characters and consistency.
    No, it wasn't bad. It was great and you're wrong.
    I <3 JK Rowling.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    Continuity whats that? Character motivation and development whats that?

I get the feeling one of the Encrypted Cinematic is going to be Sylvannas finding Nathnaos, and then crying her eyes out going banshee berserk and the jailer peaces out having won the fight thanks to Sylvannas distraction with the ending being her saying "Ill help you defeat him... for Nathanoas" -,-
    But wouldn't Nathanos just show up? We are in the afterlife. Nathanos should just show up like: "Waddap people? Mind if I join the fun?"

I find that many of the people who are defending and like these cinematics, only do so cause they look cool. And make no mistake, wow's machinima cinematics are top class and the art team does really well with them. This one is well animated and cool for sure... but holy hell the actual content and what happens is where the garbage writing comes in :/

so the only good thing about this cinematic, is seeing Tyrande at least be able to keep up with Sylvanus. So for all the talk of the "night warrior is so powerful and blah blah", Tyrande has only been able to kill 1 val'kyr, nathanos, this Torghast minion thing, run around farming Torghast like the players have been able to... and overpower sylvanus for a bit.

But once again, sylvanus is not hurt in any way and is able to do her Saturday cartoon villain smoke cloud getaway. I 100% expect she'll do the same shit in the raid, running away at the end like she always does. Then to her redemption by the end of SL, so Danuser can keep his waifu around for future expansions

and jesus christ the nathanos part -_- you just know Danuser is ready to bring back his self-insert as he redeeming Sylvanus, probably be something about their "love" healing her or something

as for Tyrande, well she'll now not be used again for the main plot of SL as she got her one in-game cinematic. Night elf players should be happy with that is the message from Blizzard. So she'll just finish up her story in arden and return to azeroth to preach "oh I'm no longer angry, horde did nothing wrong, peace for all" and darnassus will be fully whitewashed as Blizzard want it to be. Probably will have Danuser's pet Calia personally accepting an apology from Tyrande for "being too aggressive"
    Last edited by voidox; 2021-06-30 at 03:52 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zetitup View Post
    Out of curiosity, why did Sylvanas flee when Ysera appeared? Did i miss something?
    dramatic plot scene.

Like, she fucked killed the Lich king, why a mere green dragon would scare her off is beyond me, she could have just killed the two of then with two legs wrapped around her back

Power lv and consistency in this game is awful, i don't know why they put then with dragon ball lv of powers to keep doing those things.