Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post

What's exactly the problem? You need to farm cinders for rank 5 anyway, and in the process of doing so you will also get soul ash.
    That is true, until you have your legendary power in two slots without dom sockets. You craft it and next week you get an item from the vault in that slot with BiS items. Now you can choose to either spend weeks recrafting the same power in a different slot, or go for different legendaries.

All people want, is to be able to swap their legendary to a different slot for a small Soul Ash fee (let's say 1k or something).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    That is true, until you have your legendary power in two slots without dom sockets. You craft it and next week you get an item from the vault in that slot with BiS items. Now you can choose to either spend weeks recrafting the same power in a different slot, or go for different legendaries.

All people want, is to be able to swap their legendary to a different slot for a small Soul Ash fee (let's say 1k or something).
    But they can't and it's not going to kill them to have to spend a few weeks doing torghast runs again. I mean I'm not in favour of Torghast in the last implementation but it's hardly the deal it's been made out to be at current gear levels.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    I explained it extensively in last couple pages, TL;DR no you wouldn't need to upgrade anything if system was properly designed.
    Ah ok then it's a non issue for me, since I want to new ranks anyway. If worst comes to worst and I get dom socket in an old lege slot (while having 0 cinders), it's like what, two resets of Thorgast runs? Think I can live with that. Realistically, this issue can have an impact on CE guilds going for W1st who wipe on 2% on Sylvanas. (IF they are unlucky enough to encounter this problem on multiple toons.)

Prolly could've been implemented better, but if they encountered some technical limitations and decided to push the patch anyway, I'm ok with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    Rip my head legendary on enh shaman.

But my Uh DK has leg leggo so it's all good there.
    Yeah. My Pally's fine - their legendaries are already in their belt slot and any new ones they want can go there too (which also means not needing swap pieces). My Shammy is not so lucky - they'll need all-new pieces because their currents ones are head and feet, and also they can't put them in the same slot, so they'll need a bunch of swap pieces.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    how tf it is nobodies fault?
    Blizz literally said they bring out the systems at the start expansion. Now bring out systems which invalidate 3 months of shitghast I had to do.
    Before SL launched they said that all the systems that were going in were there at the start, and unlike BfA they wouldn't be layering systems on with each patch. What do we see now? Multiple new currencies (why not just one?), a new gear system, several new grinds...

Yeah, exactly. I see where it could cause some problems, but realistically, how many will be affected? First of all, majority of players will have at least some leggies vin the proper slots. Then, you can get your first r5 pretty soon, think before Mythic opens - so you can craft your BiS leggo than can be affected. Then you have to be unlucky enough to get the dom socket in the slot you didn't craft yet, and then you have to be unlucky enough to just have crafted a different r5 to be on 0 cinders. In a game played by a lot of people (though some claim not that many xD), someone will prolly find himself in this unlucky position - and will have to spend two weeks in Thorgast to alleviate the issue. Tough luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    But they can't and it's not going to kill them to have to spend a few weeks doing torghast runs again. I mean I'm not in favour of Torghast in the last implementation but it's hardly the deal it's been made out to be at current gear levels.

Good argument. They can't so there is not point in saying that I think this is a bad system. 10/10 logic.

It is not only about spending a few weeks on a new legendary.
    It is about recrafting a power I already have, and having to delay other things I want to get.
    It is about regretting your forced coinflip decision. Not having the possibilty to swap your legendary slot does not create any excitement if it worked out, all it does is make you feel bad in case of the above explained scenario.
    I am not saying this makes 9.1 unplayable, I just do not see the upsides of this restrictions and can only see downsides.

Aren't we past the point where making good arguments for or against the system is going to change anything? Or is this about winning some internet points...

It is what it is. But why let yourself be bothered by something that may not even affect you in a meaningful way if you're not a victim of several unlucky scenarios?

Quote Originally Posted by kodemonkee View Post
    Wait so I can start, for let's say my alt who doesn't have a legendary, instantly with a level 5 legendary?
    Yes, you just need be geared enough to get through the higher levels of Torghast, or you have to do the lower levels a few times. The Soul Cinders might be hard to get if you are not geared, hard to say yet. Getting Rank 4 immediatedly will be no issue for sure tho.

- - - Updated - - -

If you never had leggo then new system is not issue. Problem is when you already have leggo in wrong slot.
    No, that is exactly wrong.

Remaking a Legendary and Upgrading it costs you exactly the same. Both ways need a Rank 5 base item, both ways need Soul Cinders. The only difference is that you need some Soul Ash for the Recrafting, BUT you get that anyway while you are farming the Soul Cinders. The only very small difference is that you need 2 fresh Missives. What are those going for atm? 1000 gold each?

That is it. 2000 Gold are the difference. And because people are not understandting this this thread is full of misinformation and indignation.

- - - Updated - - -

Aren't we past the point where making good arguments for or against the system is going to change anything? Or is this about winning some internet points...

It is what it is. But why let yourself be bothered by something that may not even affect you in a meaningful way if you're not a victim of several unlucky scenarios?
    I don't think this thread or any other whine thread in this forum was ever about good arguments. It's about people misunderstanding and misrepresenting facts to create and spread hatred for a game they haven't been playing for years. Because they cannot accept that people are liking this game while it and it's creators are the sworn enemies of those thread creators.

15+ Year Old Account
    Good argument. They can't so there is not point in saying that I think this is a bad system. 10/10 logic.

It is not only about spending a few weeks on a new legendary.
    It is about recrafting a power I already have, and having to delay other things I want to get.
    It is about regretting your forced coinflip decision. Not having the possibilty to swap your legendary slot does not create any excitement if it worked out, all it does is make you feel bad in case of the above explained scenario.
    I am not saying this makes 9.1 unplayable, I just do not see the upsides of this restrictions and can only see downsides.
    No, feel free to vent but at this point you're pissing into the wind mate. Just pointing it's a minor issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    No, feel free to vent but at this point you're pissing into the wind mate. Just pointing it's a minor issue.
    Well, that is easy to say,"it is just a minor issue". Depending on who you ask, every issue might be just an minor issue.

Good that is minor for you, it is not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    Yes, you just need be geared enough to get through the higher levels of Torghast, or you have to do the lower levels a few times. The Soul Cinders might be hard to get if you are not geared, hard to say yet. Getting Rank 4 immediatedly will be no issue for sure tho.
    That's nice, thanks!

Well, that is easy to say,"it is just a minor issue". Depending on who you ask, every issue might be just an minor issue.

Good that is minor for you, it is not for me.
    More often than not it's just as big as you make it to be. Right now you have no way of knowing how much it will affect you, but if you want to see it as all doom and gloom, well, there's no way of stopping you. Can't see how that helps, but hey - to each their own!

15+ Year Old Account
    It is not only about spending a few weeks on a new legendary. It is about recrafting a power I already have, and having to delay other things I want to get. It is about regretting your forced coinflip decision. Not having the possibilty to swap your legendary slot does not create any excitement if it worked out, all it does is make you feel bad in case of the above explained scenario. I am not saying this makes 9.1 unplayable, I just do not see the upsides of this restrictions and can only see downsides.
    You have to recraft that power anyways to upgrade it to rank 5. The soul ash and soul cinder costs adjust automatically based on the base item you use in crafting. You don't have to delay other things you want to get because soul ash and cinders are used only for legendary system. So you only have to delay crafting another legendary. Which defeats the complaint about not wanting to recraft.

There is no forced coinflip decision. You either replace the legendary with a better item in its slot or you don't. It is the same simple gearing choices that have existed since the start of WoW. Is X drop more powerful then your existing Y item? Yes? Replace. No? Vendor, DE, delete. Maybe? Bank it for potential side grades or down the road upgrades.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    No, that is exactly wrong.

Remaking a Legendary and Upgrading it costs you exactly the same. Both ways need a Rank 5 base item, both ways need Soul Cinders. The only difference is that you need some Soul Ash for the Recrafting, BUT you get that anyway while you are farming the Soul Cinders. The only very small difference is that you need 2 fresh Missives. What are those going for atm? 1000 gold each?
    You are excusing a bad system.
    Remaking legendary vs leaving legendary as it was = cost differs greatly. I don't need a rank 5.

Some people cannot comprehend that "upgrading" is not going to be possible for vast majority of people in first weeks (after it will be possible).
    Simply because of prices. Let alone for people with multiple leggos.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

You are excusing a bad system.
    Remaking legendary vs leaving legendary as it was = cost differs greatly. I don't need a rank 5.

Some people cannot comprehend that "upgrading" is not going to be possible for vast majority of people in first weeks (after it will be possible).
    Simply because of prices. Let alone for people with multiple leggos.
    Craft only the ones you need then. Or are you implying that all of those people will have all of the dom sockets in all possible slots for their legendaries in the first weeks of the patch? Doesn't sound plausible.

This is all only relevant if you Raid is it? I mean for a casual like me that might do LFR at best for a recipe and only does M+ otherwise, I shouldn’t care what slot my legendary is I. Right?

More often than not it's just as big as you make it to be. Right now you have no way of knowing how much it will affect you, but if you want to see it as all doom and gloom, well, there's no way of stopping you. Can't see how that helps, but hey - to each their own!
    It might seem like it? That issue happened in the 2nd week, and I was stuck with an ilvl 194 piece in the other slot for quite some time. This is just unnecessary.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You have to recraft that power anyways to upgrade it to rank 5. The soul ash and soul cinder costs adjust automatically based on the base item you use in crafting. You don't have to delay other things you want to get because soul ash and cinders are used only for legendary system. So you only have to delay crafting another legendary. Which defeats the complaint about not wanting to recraft.

There is no forced coinflip decision. You either replace the legendary with a better item in its slot or you don't. It is the same simple gearing choices that have existed since the start of WoW. Is X drop more powerful then your existing Y item? Yes? Replace. No? Vendor, DE, delete. Maybe? Bank it for potential side grades or down the road upgrades.
    What do you mean you have to recraft anyways? I am complaining about not being able to swap the base item, after I have the max rank.

There is. I have to craft the item, which renders another slot useless from the GV. You just Don replace your leggo with a normal item, lol.

It delays future legendary crafts and might cost 150k.

Craft only the ones you need then. Or are you implying that all of those people will have all of the dom sockets in all possible slots for their legendaries in the first weeks of the patch? Doesn't sound plausible.
    All you need is literally one item in your current leggo slot to drop from raid. Thats it. You are screwed.

Because you got upgrade (a definite one) that in order to equip, have to spend tons of gold and effort if you didn't farm torghast.
    Which is exactly bad design.

And no, in legion "good item" was still trash compared to legendary thus it was not an upgrade.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

All you need is literally one item in your current leggo slot to drop from raid. Thats it. You are screwed.

Because you got upgrade (a definite one) that in order to equip, have to spend tons of gold and effort if you didn't farm torghast.
    Which is exactly bad design.

And no, in legion "good item" was still trash compared to legendary thus it was not an upgrade.
    Not every raid drop will be a definite upgrade over a legendary. Or do you mean like rank 1?
    Same thing can happen if you have a low rank legendary in the proper slot - that too can have upgrades in the raid. What then?
    In none of those cases I'm screwed. I just work my way towards the new rank. I'd do that anyway to be properly geared to step into the raid. If you can't make the effort - tough luck, but I cant feel symapthetic.

15+ Year Old Account
    What do you mean you have to recraft anyways? I am complaining about not being able to swap the base item, after I have the max rank. There is. I have to craft the item, which renders another slot useless from the GV. You just Don replace your leggo with a normal item, lol. It delays future legendary crafts and might cost 150k.
    You don't have the max rank though since 9.1 introduced rank 5 and rank 6. You can go straight to rank 5 or 6 with out having 1 through 4 which is why you are not recrafting unless you decide to switch to a rank 1,2,3, or 4 of what you already have. And then you'll be paying less then you likely paid for it closer to launch since most servers the prices are low.

A slot is useless from the great vault? So like it is now. You are just switching slots. Of course you aren't replacing your legendary with a normal item but with a Domination socket item because with the domination shard it is better for that slot then the legendary. Because the legendary can go in another slot that doesn't have a better option.

You can only equip one legendary at a time so future crafts are not all that important. It only delays it by 3 weeks as that is all it takes to get enough soul ash for ranks 4-6 (5 and 6 only require soul cinders) if you clear all 12 layers of Torghast twice a week. It won't cost 150k for a rank 4 on most servers. Even then you can just craft a rank 1 since the legendary effect is equal to that of a rank 4. Stats are the only thing that change. There really is no big issue with the way the system is set up.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."