Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    gnabry to palace please
    Uhh, nu-uh... I wasn't talking about Gnabry. He'll stay right where he is, thankyouverymuch.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I mean, it typically is 90% premier league talk, and who cares if I talk about the best club in the world (Bayern) among PL people? :P

In other news, the Bayern sell out continues, if you're an English club with more money than you know what to do with, OR you're Madrid/Barca and it doesn't matter that you're a billion in debt, you can have one of the world's best wingers Coman for a cheap 20 mill per year, go ahead, strike now before someone else gets him!

If you missed out on Alaba, the steal of the year, you don't want to miss out on Coman!
    I contribute a lot to the Bayern talk!

The Coman situation is mixed. No way he deserves what he is asking for, around 20mil before taxes, he is now at 13mil before taxes. It is apparently Sané's wage that makes him think he deserves it, and while Sané didn't perform to his best level, he was new to the team and had recently come back from a long injury. I'm pretty sure Sané will show that he is worth that kind of money.

Coman has been at the club for a long time but he has never been capable of putting together one good whole season. He has his good periods but he can never maintain them and he can never remain fit! He is still surprisingly young, but I wouldn't invest that much in him.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I mean, it typically is 90% premier league talk, and who cares if I talk about the best club in the world (Bayern) among PL people? :P

In other news, the Bayern sell out continues, if you're an English club with more money than you know what to do with, OR you're Madrid/Barca and it doesn't matter that you're a billion in debt, you can have one of the world's best wingers Coman for a cheap 20 mill per year, go ahead, strike now before someone else gets him!

If you missed out on Alaba, the steal of the year, you don't want to miss out on Coman!
    Alaba and the steal of the year?
    Bayern can be happy that he is gone.
    2 years ago he played the season of his lifetime and last season he fell complet apart after he wasnt getting his 20 million € per year.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Alaba and the steal of the year?
    Bayern can be happy that he is gone.
    2 years ago he played the season of his lifetime and last season he fell complet apart after he wasnt getting his 20 million € per year.
    I would have kept him. He's in his prime right now, don't let one bad season distract you from his potential. Now, would I play him in midfield? Nah, because despite his wishes to play in midfield, he sucks in midfield.

Be that as it may, Madrid got him and I hope they chocke on him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Henx View Post
    I contribute a lot to the Bayern talk!

The Coman situation is mixed. No way he deserves what he is asking for, around 20mil before taxes, he is now at 13mil before taxes. It is apparently Sané's wage that makes him think he deserves it, and while Sané didn't perform to his best level, he was new to the team and had recently come back from a long injury. I'm pretty sure Sané will show that he is worth that kind of money.

Coman has been at the club for a long time but he has never been capable of putting together one good whole season. He has his good periods but he can never maintain them and he can never remain fit! He is still surprisingly young, but I wouldn't invest that much in him.
    Yeah, Sané is a problem. He's too expensive and so far he's not performing good enough to justify the salary. Despite having some good moments. That's part of the problem and Bayern did themselves a disservice forcing the transfer with Sané.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ramos leaving Real Madrid after 16 years, and Rafa Benitez to manage Everton.

Weird day of news.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Rafa Benitez still a manager ??

Palace situation seems pretty dire. No manager. Lots of players out :

'Brandon Aveiro, Lewis Bryon, Gary Cahill, Nathaniel Clyne, Scott Dann, Kian Flanagan, Kevin Gonzalez, Harlem Hale, Stephen Henderson, Wayne Hennessey, Lewis Hobbs, Rohan Luthra, Alfie Matthews, James McCarthy, Jacob Russell, Jude Russell, Mamadou Sakho, Andros Townsend, Patrick van Aanholt, Joel Ward, Connor Wickham, Samuel Woods.'

Some are complete dead weight (wickham) but Cahill and Dann still do a job imo.

The squad is looking super fucking thin.

Guita
    Kelly Kouyate Tomkins Mitchell
    Luka Mccathur
    Ayew Eze Zaha
    Benteke

subs : Butland, Kelly, Riedewald, Schlupp

Thats literally every 1st team player still in contract.

15+ Year Old Account
    You got Benteke mate it all good

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57673463

It's finally *finally* over.

Oooh...

https://twitter.com/BBCMOTD/status/1410359993358970883

Will he finally fulfil his legacy and prove that he can do it on wet, Wednesday evening at Stoke!
    Last edited by Pann; 2021-06-30 at 10:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Whilst I think Sancho is a very talented player, it's going to be interesting to see how United move forward recruitment wise.

It's clear they still need a striker, centre back and top notch holding midfielder. Putting £73m on Sancho means there's not much money left?

Chelsea look like they're waiting for the Euros to finish before recruiting, as are City. Both will spunk the cash, I'm sure.

Liverpool may be doing the same, but it's likely they just don't have any money after splurging out on Konate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Whilst I think Sancho is a very talented player, it's going to be interesting to see how United move forward recruitment wise.

It's clear they still need a striker, centre back and top notch holding midfielder. Putting £73m on Sancho means there's not much money left?

Chelsea look like they're waiting for the Euros to finish before recruiting, as are City. Both will spunk the cash, I'm sure.

Liverpool may be doing the same, but it's likely they just don't have any money after splurging out on Konate.
    Looks like Sancho's fee is structured over 5 years. So it's about 14 million a year for 5 years.

In their 120 million transfer budget (before sales) that's left them plenty for Varane and Camavinga.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Looks like Sancho's fee is structured over 5 years. So it's about 14 million a year for 5 years.

In their 120 million transfer budget (before sales) that's left them plenty for Varane and Camavinga.
    Almost every transfer tends to be staggered over time. And by and large, there’s very few clubs that say ‘we’ve got 10 bucks’ no more. There’s more intricate planning to it. And with every transfer, there’s a host of costs involved. So the question still stands of; can they strengthen appropriately across the board. Money is tight for clubs during COVID unless you’re run by an oligarch or sovereign nation.

So as of right now, Messi is a free agent as he has yet to agree a new deal with Barcelona.

10+ Year Old Account
    And after two years this thread comes to a close.

Thank you everyone who took part, we'll see you in https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...3#post53278763 now with more Tom Cruise meme relevancy!