Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    They use new models for the store mounts which most end up as mobs and NPCs in content updates.

Enchanted Fey Dragon before warlords
    Luminous Starseeker before Argus
    Mystic Runesaber before Legion
    Steamscale Incinerator Before Mechagon.
    Sylverian Dreamer Before SL
    Vulpine Familar before SL

While they don't directly indicate an expanion or patch theme, they sure as hell can indicate what kinda creatures we may be dealing with in the future, which includes zone theme.
    Steamscale literally came out a year after mechagon.

*This mount is available for purchase from the shop or the In-Game Store for $25 or €25. It was released on July 9, 2020*

Also only 2 of those were 6 month sub perks. 6 month sub perks started with the non-floating flying pirate boat. Back around September 2018.
    Last edited by Couchpotato2013; 2021-06-30 at 10:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Vintersol View Post
    Imagine the next 6-Month Sub Mount is planned because the next patch will last at least 6 months minimum.
    You mean 12 months

Deep Down, we all know 9.2 will be a year from now don't lie

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    What you are saying is irrelevant because they are still store mounts, they aren't a different type of mount. You get them for free if you have the 6 months subscription, but for everyone else they are store mounts.

So for example if I were to make a comparison with other store mounts, I could compare these to the aforementioned arcane tiger from WoD, or the butterfly dragon from MoP that foreshadowed the flying mount that the AU Draenei utilize.

By the way wasn't the Sylverian Dreamer mount a reward for the 6 months subscription? This mount foreshadows Shadowlands as this type of dragon is found in Ardenweald.
    More like they reused art assets.

Some random ass dragon doesn't foreshadow anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    I mean... they've been doing these 6 months promos for ages now and we've had a pretty consistent schedule with patches releasing every 6-7 months.

So it's pretty safe to assume that 9.2 will drop within that timeframe. Give or take a couple weeks due to Covid.
    6 months for a patch. Nice pipe dream. Try 9, considering Shadowlands was pushed back.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintersol View Post
    Imagine the next 6-Month Sub Mount is planned because the next patch will last at least 6 months minimum.
    Imagine 6-Month-Sub Mounts dropping roughly every 6 months... Last year, we got Steamscale Incinerator on July 9, so I'd assume the next one is indeed imminent - although I doubt it'd be part of the Summer Sale, as sales are for older stuff, not brand-new things.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    If it is foreshadowing then it is likely tied to a future Shadowlands patch rather then an expansion. Remember we just rescued wild spirits as part of the 9.1 intro that were all elemental based. Asotera <Might of Earth>, Zoukai <Ancient River>, Thynen <Wind of the East>, Malorandar <Herald of the Dawn>.
    that could be due, sadly im not following too close the lore to know about those tidbits, but it makes sense.

Usually, blizard is making the middle expansion patch be different from the general, of a bit more far from the main story, then bring right back at the end, Like Bfa having nazjatar being a bit different from the whole faction war

Quote Originally Posted by Zakaryy View Post
    The two phoenix mounts might be faction themed too? might be a duo kinda like the alabaster wyvern/gryphon.

Sapphire Skyblazer
    Fireplume Phoenix

Just reading the names, the colours blue and red come to mind. Alliance and Horde.
    Beyond the shop thing, that's what irks me the most- that it'll be faction locked.

Interesting, would this not imply that the next expansion will heavily feature the Thalassian elves? Since they are aesthetically and thematically connected to the phoenix creature. Would this also not imply that Quel'Thalas might be updated and become the new levelling hub of the next expansion?

An expansion based around Thalassian elves, now that's easy billions for Blizzard. I really hope this is another case like the WoD arcane tiger that foreshadows content about the future expansion.
    Well, the Dragon Isles are pretty close to Quel'thalas. ¿An expansion based around the northern half of the Eastern Kingdoms with everything within it revamped? Would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    right on que, here's another 6 month sub mount.

At this point, we should just accept this as the new norm every 6 months. this will never stop now, and this is forever a part of WoW's future.
    Good, because that lines right up perfectly with me getting my 6 month sub anyways lol. Free mounts for me twice a year, sounds good.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Shoggoth View Post
    Well, the Dragon Isles are pretty close to Quel'thalas. ¿An expansion based around the northern half of the Eastern Kingdoms with everything within it revamped? Would be cool.
    I'd really like such an expansion. Dragons and elves sound cool as hell. :fingerscrossed:

15+ Year Old Account
    At this point, we should just accept this as the new norm every 6 months. this will never stop now, and this is forever a part of WoW's future.
    As opposed to the yearly 1 year sub gift that we previously would get? Each year they announced a new 12 months sub gift almost to the day so why would think every 6 months a new 6 month sub gift wouldn't happen? Personally I like the fact that they are doing 2 gifts per year for long term sub purchases. If you don't want to sub, that's your choice. If you like the game well enough that you plan on playing for a while then why not pay for the 6 months and get a cheaper monthly rate AND a bonus gift?

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Steamscale Incinerator Before Mechagon.

1 year 1 month later then mechagon you mean.
    so no, after, not before.

new game standard,
    content for 1-2months at release---(Get mount for 6months sub gogog)---->6months later "big patch" new content for ½month-2months----(Get mount for 6months sub gogog)---->

Nice blizz.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Interesting, would this not imply that the next expansion will heavily feature the Thalassian elves? Since they are aesthetically and thematically connected to the phoenix creature. Would this also not imply that Quel'Thalas might be updated and become the new levelling hub of the next expansion?

An expansion based around Thalassian elves, now that's easy billions for Blizzard. I really hope this is another case like the WoD arcane tiger that foreshadows content about the future expansion.
    Or it could be the Pandaren Phoenix style.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    right on que, here's another 6 month sub mount.

is it that big of a deal? Not really and some will make a lot more of this than it is, but it is transparently greedy that they try to rope people in for the lifetime of the patch (if we're lucky) like clockwork, which doesn't really endorse a lot of faith in their own product
    oh you're right! how dare Blizzard try to make money off their game! the absolute greed of it! /s

also, just so you know - it's a lot cheaper to buy a 6 month sub than 6x1 month subs. so for people who consistently play the game, no matter what, the 6 month deal is always better for them. for you, I'm guessing not so the 1 month or 3 month is probably cheaper and that is fine too.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Or it could be the Pandaren Phoenix style.
    If I were Ion I'd rather make an expansion centred around Thalassian elves rather than pandaren, for obvious reasons. It's self-explanatory.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    oh you're right! how dare Blizzard try to make money off their game! the absolute greed of it! /s

also, just so you know - it's a lot cheaper to buy a 6 month sub than 6x1 month subs. so for people who consistently play the game, no matter what, the 6 month deal is always better for them. for you, I'm guessing not so the 1 month or 3 month is probably cheaper and that is fine too.
    No one expects a company to not maximize their profits.

Same way no one should expect a boot in their plate and to see so many eager to lick it clean.

Like all things in life, balance is the key. A promotional 6-month subscription mount, especially after the completely hole Blizzard dug themselves in with Shadowlands until now, it's simply bad optics.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundering View Post
    new game standard,
    content for 1-2months at release---(Get mount for 6months sub gogog)---->6months later "big patch" new content for ½month-2months----(Get mount for 6months sub gogog)---->

Nice blizz.
    It would be nice actually....if that 6 months later wasn't 9 or 10, with 12 to 16 last patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

By the way wasn't the Sylverian Dreamer mount a reward for the 6 months subscription? This mount foreshadows Shadowlands as this type of dragon is found in Ardenweald.
    It was also the last store mount that got added in BfA. Every other store mount had nothing to do with SL. There's a 99% chance this store mount won't foreshadow anything at all, especially considering we're right at the beginning of SL.

Both the runesaber tiger and that flying mount that was added in late mop were both added the end of these expansions

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    It was also the last store mount that got added in BfA. Every other store mount had nothing to do with SL. There's a 99% chance this store mount won't foreshadow anything at all, especially considering we're right at the beginning of SL.

Both the runesaber tiger and that flying mount that was added in late mop were both added the end of these expansions
    You forget the Vulpine Familiar?

#TEAMGIRAFFE