Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    What I meant was more along the line of someone intereferes, saves Sylvanas, she still gets some permanent injury and then Tyrande runs out of juice, while chasing Sylvanas because her body can't handle it anymore, so that her goddess doesn't look like such a massive prick. Instead of Sylvanas chilling and mocking Tyrande before puffing away.
    I have an odd idea that this was also intentional. Tyrande always seemed to me as that one character writers don't like but can't get rid off so they keep on shitting on her. Like its impossible to have such insane fail-streak as tyrande without it being pre-planned. It all started on that god forsaken bridge during frozen throne, when we learned that tyrande is weak to waist-high water.

Quote Originally Posted by voidox View Post
    I find that many of the people who are defending and like these cinematics, only do so cause they look cool. And make no mistake, wow's machinima cinematics are top class and the art team does really well with them. This one is well animated and cool for sure... but holy hell the actual content and what happens is where the garbage writing comes in :/

so the only good thing about this cinematic, is seeing Tyrande at least be able to keep up with Sylvanus. So for all the talk of the "night warrior is so powerful and blah blah", Tyrande has only been able to kill 1 val'kyr, nathanos, this Torghast minion thing, run around farming Torghast like the players have been able to... and overpower sylvanus for a bit.

But once again, sylvanus is not hurt in any way and is able to do her Saturday cartoon villain smoke cloud getaway. I 100% expect she'll do the same shit in the raid, running away at the end like she always does. Then to her redemption by the end of SL, so Danuser can keep his waifu around for future expansions

and jesus christ the nathanos part -_- you just know Danuser is ready to bring back his self-insert as he redeeming Sylvanus, probably be something about their "love" healing her or something

as for Tyrande, well she'll now not be used again for the main plot of SL as she got her one in-game cinematic. Night elf players should be happy with that is the message from Blizzard. So she'll just finish up her story in arden and return to azeroth to preach "oh I'm no longer angry, horde did nothing wrong, peace for all" and darnassus will be fully whitewashed as Blizzard want it to be. Probably will have Danuser's pet Calia personally accepting an apology from Tyrande for "being too aggressive"
    People like you are the real problem though. We see them in plenty on fansites like mmo-champ - having unhealthy emotional attachment to the game and it's story and getting triggered whenever it doesn't go the way you wanted it to go.

Infracted.

Let people enjoy a fancy cinematic and side dish story (because story in MMORPG is exactly that and always has been just a background) without your dramatic overthinking of every tiny bit of it, ok?
    Last edited by Aucald; 2021-07-02 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Received Infraction

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I have an odd idea that this was also intentional. Tyrande always seemed to me as that one character writers don't like but can't get rid off so they keep on shitting on her. Like its impossible to have such insane fail-streak as tyrande without it being pre-planned. It all started on that god forsaken bridge during frozen throne, when we learned that tyrande is weak to waist-high water.
    Yeah her entire character arc is just so unsatisfying, but then again so is most of blizz story.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    of course there is, people raised as undead are stronger when they lived, awww.

sure, spells and bolts of magic will do the trick

it holds no ground because you are ignoring variants and other things in their power lv,, just like in this example i ignored the dragon soul

you are just assuming and using headcanon then. obiouslly
    I forgot Galakrond showed so much ability to resist magic /s

Than tell me oh all knowing how you can ignore BLIZZARD stating Leishen will destroy the Lichking in a 1v1? And how Lei Shen than not being able to do the same with a wild god doesnt equall Wildgod > Lichking?

I make atleast comparisons, you just scream and cry saying ´´NONONO, its not true. Why? Waaaah I dont know its just not true, stop making my waifu Arthas look bad and in comparison my body pillow Sylvi´´

Amazing isn't it? The thing made me genuinely laugh, most certainly not what blizz was going for, but the whole thing was just so hilarious.
    Moreover... while that is her body, it really isn't "her." She's a ghost that is just animating a corpse. A physical body isn't necessary for her, at all.

By the power of elune im gonna choke this bitch whos undead and doesnt need her windpipes anyways...
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    By the power of elune im gonna choke this bitch whos undead and doesnt need her windpipes anyways...
    And never forget that Sylvanas was gasping for air!
    Maybe this was Elune's plan all along. Making Sylvanas breathe again so that Tyrande could choke her.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I have no idea what this post is trying to say, try as I might.
    Answer the questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    The Night Warrior transformation is a death sentence. Every single previous Night Warrior has died.
    If Elune was not ok with Tyrande dying it makes 0 sense to even grant her the power of the Night Warrior. "My life for hers" is exactly what Elune agreed to back in BFA.
    Not all the Night warriors before Tyrande have died for power.
    The Game tells us of 4 Night wars and only 2 have died from power.

But well, so we have the history of Blizzard and every time it is noticed more that the Night War is something to fill and not lose 11% of their funds.

Tyrande won easily, but then she lost the Elune powers.
    But I didn't really expect much from someone who lost to Greymane and tier/lost with Malfurion and then ran away from Anduin/Jaina/Genn and had to gas her own city because she knew she lost.

In the cinematic if Genn didn't actually say anything then he could have a clear opening on the Dark Ranger. He got what he wanted and she didn't. She just gripped her bow more tighly in anger, because she knew she couldn't do anything. She didn't even try to finish him off, and Genn was just like "see you later", leaving her and her loser attitude.

And no, I don't care about that retarded repeated argument how "Sylvanas was throwing Malfurion", yeah, that doesn't prove anything. Just that she was able to throw him, nothing more. If I am able to push Mike Tyson does that mean I am stronger? No. And Saurfang did interfere, otherwise she would lose. In the game she was kneeling, moaning with pain and has less HP(in %) than Malfurion. Which proves that she was clearly losing. And no, it's not in contradiction with the "A Good War" by Robert Brooks. The short novel is in fact more fresh(which means it has priority), but it isn't showing as much as the game(for example their HP or Sylvanas moaning and kneeling, I mean the moments before Saurfang threw his axe), so they are both canon.

Also: no idea why people are repeating the "why did she choke her, she is undead lmao" - like how else she was going to dispatch her head? Biting it off? It was funny the first two times I read the comment about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Yeah begging in pure desperation sure is a strange definition of winning.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Is there any explanation yet why in the middle of the fight Tyrande conveniently loses her powers (or so) and can't kill Sylvanas when she is about to? Then needs to be saved by Ysera but can totally cause a nice mid air collision afterwards?
    Because killing Sylvanas would've resulted in Tyrande's death as well. Tyrande literally says "My life for hers" in Darnassian, meaning she was willing to die as long as she took out Sylvanas as well. Elune prevented that.

- - - Updated - - -

But I didn't really expect much from someone who lost to Greymane and tier/lost with Malfurion and then ran away from Anduin/Jaina/Genn and had to gas her own city because she knew she lost.

In the cinematic if Genn didn't actually say anything then he could have a clear opening on the Dark Ranger. He got what he wanted and she didn't. She just gripped her bow more tighly in anger, because she knew she couldn't do anything. She didn't even try to finish him off, and Genn was just like "see you later", leaving her and her loser attitude.

And no, I don't care about that retarded repeated argument how "Sylvanas was throwing Malfurion", yeah, that doesn't prove anything. Just that she was able to throw him, nothing more. If I am able to push Mike Tyson does that mean I am stronger? No. And Saurfang did interfere, otherwise she would lose. In the game she was kneeling, moaning with pain and has less HP(in %) than Malfurion. Which proves that she was clearly losing. And no, it's not in contradiction with the "A Good War" by Robert Brooks. The short novel is in fact more fresh(which means it has priority), but it isn't showing as much as the game(for example their HP or Sylvanas moaning and kneeling, I mean the moments before Saurfang threw his axe), so they are both canon.

Also: no idea why people are repeating the "why did she choke her, she is undead lmao" - like how else she was going to dispatch her head? Biting it off? It was funny the first two times I read the comment about it.
    Honestly, it was obvious Tyrande was about to rip off her head and not choke her.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    Honestly, it was obvious Tyrande was about to rip off her head and not choke her.
    That's a choke, not a rip. She's squeezing, not pulling.
    There's nothing that can defend that part of the scene.

Also,
    crushing her neck would accomplish literally nothing. Sylvanas is possessing her corpse, but her real form is the banshee, an incorporeal spirit.
    Last edited by Jackstraw; 2021-07-01 at 01:06 PM.

If you mean by won, that she overpowered her for a brief moment than yes.

The problem is, that if she hadn´t lost her Elune powers, we have NO idea how the fight would have continued. For all we know Sylvanas could have banshee-screamed directly into her face and shattered it. Or just vanished into her incorporeal form.

All of that is pure speculation.

What we do SEE is a bit of fighting...Sylvanas does get pushed back being hit by the glaives, it´s very hard to see but i think she hit her swords, because otherwise she didn´t even scratch her.

And while Tyrande dodges out of the way of some arrows, the moment the horn sounds we clearly see Sylvanas aiming directly at her and Tyrande, being an idiot, having no weapons anymore. Look at that again, Tyrande even turns her back to her….that is so ridiculous, Sylvanas could have just shot her in the back

I also like the idea that some people think Tyrande could “choke” her head off….Sylvanas certainly doesn´t seem very worried, more surprised and has no problem talking thru that “powerful” chokehold and then her power vanishes.

And it takes Ysera to “save” her. Which is interesting, again Sylvanas doesn´t look impressed at all and Ysera doesn´t attack….but neither does Sylvanas.

Considering the bad guys also got what they wanted as well...oh yeah...that was a total loss for Tyrande and her buddies. And that is all we SEE without head canon and speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    did you watch the damn trailer where she lost her power?

10k experience of sucking ass in wars?

everyone is a dead meant when you cut their heads or blast their ass, regardless of their "power", did you forgot how the "regular soldier" almost killed malfurion, the most powerful mortal with an axe in the spine?

those biases...

that is not exactly, stop saying nonsense about that too, Malfurion had all the magical power and almost got cut in half, Tyrande would get the same fate.
    Saurfang struck Malfurion from behind like the coward he is. If Sylvanas could've easily blasted Tyrande and Ysera, then why didn't she? She knew she couldn't win so she dipped.

Choking an undead is second only to Sylvie powersliding right into Frostmourne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Why choke tho? Couldn't she at least gouge Sylvanas' eyes out? You don't need superpower for this.

Quote Originally Posted by cirdanx View Post

The problem is, that if she hadn´t lost her Elune powers, we have NO idea how the fight would have continued. For all we know Sylvanas could have banshee-screamed directly into her face and shattered it. Or just vanished into her incorporeal form.

All of that is pure speculation.

What we do SEE is a bit of fighting...Sylvanas does get pushed back being hit by the glaives, it´s very hard to see but i think she hit her swords, because otherwise she didn´t even scratch her.

And while Tyrande dodges out of the way of some arrows, the moment the horn sounds we clearly see Sylvanas aiming directly at her and Tyrande, being an idiot, having no weapons anymore. Look at that again, Tyrande even turns her back to her….that is so ridiculous, Sylvanas could have just shot her in the back

I also like the idea that some people think Tyrande could “choke” her head off….Sylvanas certainly doesn´t seem very worried, more surprised and has no problem talking thru that “powerful” chokehold and then her power vanishes.

And it takes Ysera to “save” her. Which is interesting, again Sylvanas doesn´t look impressed at all and Ysera doesn´t attack….but neither does Sylvanas.

Considering the bad guys also got what they wanted as well...oh yeah...that was a total loss for Tyrande and her buddies. And that is all we SEE without head canon and speculation.
    also @Eazy

Tyrande lost, this is the end result.

But, it is clear, Tyrande + Elune's power > Sylvanas + Jailer's power

Can't do mental gymansitcs like "Tyrande is only strong with Elune's power not her own power" - this makes no sense in the warcraft context setting, because everyone who has power from magic uses the power of that source. If that source is taken from them or they are cut off form it, unable to use it, they'll be weakened. IT's not whatever power or whoever's power you are wielding that is fighting here, it is you fighting employing your abilities in utilising the powers or source of powers you draw from. So effectively, Night Warrior Tyrande is stronger than Jailer death magic enhanced Sylvanas.

Now, did the night warrior power fade or Elune withdraw it? Dunno, but since she got the power in 8.1, it's never left, she's gotten stronger and stronger, and with it she was clearly stronger than Sylvanas.

I would take an educated guess, that Elune withdrew the power to save Tyrande from killing both herself and (as I will now wildly speculate) Sylvanas too, even considering that Elune might want Sylvanas alive for a later purpose.. aware the Jailer has held secrets from her that could well flip her and be instrumental in defeating the jailer.

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    Why choke tho? Couldn't she at least gouge Sylvanas' eyes out? You don't need superpower for this.
    choking is a good way to convey rage/anger to the viewer.

i'm more concerned how some of these facial expressions in these cinematics keep making it through quality control.

Yeah begging in pure desperation sure is a strange definition of winning.
    Read the second part of the sentence. She was easily winning untill the Elune reversed the Night Warrior empowerment.

Quote Originally Posted by cirdanx View Post
    Yes, that's exactly why I meant.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    also @Eazy

Tyrande lost, this is the end result.

But, it is clear, Tyrande + Elune's power > Sylvanas + Jailer's power
    Yes, and I fully agree with your post.

Was just posting my opinion about that fight, because I saw plenty of not so smart people who were finding excuses such as "but Sylvanas was just playing", "she had smug on her face", "she wasn't even trying". While in fact Tyrande with the Elune powers was clearly winning.

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    She was trying to remove her head from the body.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2021-07-01 at 02:35 PM.

Yes, that's exactly why I meant.
    I wanted to clarify some things that people on this forum don't want to admit.

1)Sylvannas's best feats in terms of 1v1 combat are defeating Saurfang and defeating Bolvar. However an Old Orc Warrior is not that impressive as a feat and Bolvar is just there to keep the undead from rampaging on Azeroth. He doesn't even come near the powers displayed by Arthas.
    2)Arthas had the Aspects beat and against the ropes from the moment we arrived in Dragonblight. If the Aspects were more powerful then they would be able to crush him without needing our help.
    3)While Galakrond was defeated back then by the Aspects have in mind that Arthas if not for the players would have been able to ressurect him and turn him into a giant Frostwyrm with magical powers just like his other Frostwyrms. A Frostwyrm isn't just a normal dragon.
    4)The Good War Book describes a scene showing the back of Malfurion getting thrown into a tree by a shadow spell but coming back up like nothing happened. Nothing suggests that Sylvannas was winning. It could have easily been her last resort as we saw in the game that she was rooted, pinned and kneeling clearly losing the battle even with the power of the Jailer.Both of them are canon and they don't contradict each other and it's about time this lie stops.
    5)Sylvannas has borrowed the power of the Jailer from the moment she made the agreement in exchange for souls.
    6)Sylvannas was unable to stop Jaina in the undercity. She was unable to match those heroes in the throne room and had to flee.
    7)She was unable to match two armies plus all the heroes gathered once she was surrounded and she had to flee.
    8)Has anyone ever wondered why the Jailer sends Anduin to take care of the Eternal ones and steal the sigils. Anduin so far defeated Kyrestia along with her most powerful commanders and then went to the Heart of the Forest and took the other sigil with noone able to stop him. Sylvannas has never shown that kind of feat and it's safe to assume that an Eternal one is way more powerful than Arthas or Bolvar. Sylvannas is just a decoy as she is unable to do what Anduin did.
    9)Finally when the time came to fight another powerhouse she lost badly against Tyrande and was unable to go against Ysera.

Need to make another clarification. I am going by what we clearly see happening not shoulda,woulda,coulda and if theories. Sylvannas's peak was Bolvar. Anduin on the other hand. Now that is a mega powerhouse.