Diviner's rune chit

This quest is the absolute most tedious, trash, tree climbing crap flinger horse shit quest ever put into the game. Thanks for coming to my rant

It is strange that it's the only one of those initial 4 that you can't just complete in a few minutes from finding the item. I have no idea why they decided to use the Tortollan pilgrimage scroll mechanic for it either, given how few chits you get in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I'm more or less treating it as a longer-term objective and not brute-forcing it on week 1. Given my continuous hunt for research scraps, though, I'm still at 15/20 completion.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by WrongCracker View Post
    This quest is the absolute most tedious, trash, tree climbing crap flinger horse shit quest ever put into the game. Thanks for coming to my rant
    You just discovered that not every quest is designed to be done in one sitting, but go ahead and cry more /popcorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeo220 View Post
    You just discovered that not every quest is designed to be done in one sitting, but go ahead and cry more /popcorn.
    Didn't you hear about the Anima drought making it impossible for people to have fun since they couldn't easily grind out all table upgrades, mounts and cosmetics and then complain there's nothing to do in this game?
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeo220 View Post
    Err, when has this ever been the case outside of raid quests? Only other I can think of is scarab lord rep grind or cenarion circle badge grinds, that was 16-17 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    Err, when has this ever been the case outside of raid quests? Only other I can think of is scarab lord rep grind or cenarion circle badge grinds, that was 16-17 years ago.
    There's a difference between being capable of one sitting and designed for one sitting.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    There's a difference between being capable of one sitting and designed for one sitting.
    Yes, but those quests are exceedingly rare in WoW. The statement "not every quest is..." kinda implies that this is atleast a somewhat common occurrence when maybe it's happend once every 10 years.

Yes, but those quests are exceedingly rare in WoW. The statement "not every quest is..." kinda implies that this is atleast a somewhat common occurrence when maybe it's happend once every 10 years.
    We have things called "weeklies" which are designed to be done over a week. Even if majority or a big portion do the weeklies in one sitting doesn't change it's design.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by WrongCracker View Post
    i mean its a ONE TIME quest, so its not like you need to do it asap, get it and just wait, you will get it eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    i mean its a ONE TIME quest, so its not like you need to do it asap, get it and just wait, you will get it eventually.
    Just quoting you to give props for that signature. Made me laugh.

I'm fairly certain we had more than a few that weren't intended to be finished in a single sitting. Remember that Blizzard probably expects a single session to last somewhere between 30-60 minutes, not several hours.

The eternal traveler set quest is probably the most prominent recent example for such a quest.

Or any quest that requires you to get a specific standing with one faction (those were prominent in Legion, Suramar).

In any case, what's the fuzz about? The rune quest is done passively just by playing the game. It has no follow up quest, so it doesn't gate your progress. It only takes up one slot in your questlog and 1-2 slots in your bags. So to be so mad about such an insignificance is worrying.
    Last edited by LordVargK; 2021-07-01 at 02:12 PM.