Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Dps is the hardest role. I have to sit there jerking off over my damage while the tank frolics around trying to get threat. How do you expect us to play when we have one hand on our dick?

Quote Originally Posted by JustaWarlock View Post
    Run with guildmates. Tanks have a god complex, where realistically they have the easiest role of all 3 classes. They certainly don't deserve to demand every primal nether until they can clear the dungeon by themselves.
    They absolutely deserve to demand this. Will they find a group willing to let them? Maybe. If someone wants to charge for their services then let them. Why waste energy getting angry?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I disagree, at least in 5man dungeons.

Your average group will stand and fall with the tank.
    Tanks need to be able to compensate for anything going wrong (such as CC getting fucked, dps pulling aggro and so forth), if your tank cannot handle these things on the fly, then you are in a world of hurt because any mob will quickly kill any dps / healer.
    Losing a dps because of threat is one thing, but when something goes after your healer and the tank has the reaction time of a sloth, it's over, especially with the limited taunt range on feral / warr, quick reaction will absolutely prevent wipes because you cannot easily taunt mobs once they're on the healer.

If dps don't play optimally, they're doing less dps (which isn't exactly gamebreaking) or they die, which is fine most of the time because you still have two dps left, but when the tank fucks up, it's not unusual that the healer bites the dust, especially in heroics where healers sometimes really need to spam the group / tank and thus generates a lot of threat.

Tank also needs to know which mobs need to be cc'd, which one to be focused, having someone else doing it for the tank is possible but it's so much easier when the tank themselves knows it.

A good tank can carry a group, a good dps or healer cannot compensate a bad tank.
    Except dps and heals absolutely can compensate for a bad tank. I've been around a long time and I have seen 100s of situations where shit has gone wrong and the tank just explodes or doesn't hold aggro. Then good dps will instantly CC, kite, interrupt, keep adds off the healer and prevail. Tanks make it easy for the others and you don't want to be without a tank but to suggest that if the tank fucks up or dies it is a wipe is just fantasy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    2 quests and boom respec costs covered.

dps do it for pvp v pve,

go do 2 quests (fishing daily and Cooking daily net me 34g+, and boom your done.

20 mins of herbing/mining and i cover respec costs for the week.

legit saying tanks are rare, i want to reserve primal nethers,

is the same as saying, im a healer, i deserve all loot to DE, as i cant kill shit out in the world as im a healer....
    No it's not. It's exactly the same as a healer saying that they want the primal nether.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Then good dps will instantly CC, kite, interrupt, keep adds off the healer and prevail. Tanks make it easy for the others and you don't want to be without a tank but to suggest that if the tank fucks up or dies it is a wipe is just fantasy.
    And?
    Your run still be a total pain if you constantly have to deal with threat issues and perma kiting mobs.

Not to mention that some of that shit barely works depending on the dungeon and mobs.
    If you want to nitpick that you can complete a dungeon with a barely functional tank, go ahead, but when having to choose between one competent dps and one competent tank, i would 10/10 times choose the competent tank for TBC heroics.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're a tank and you reserve every primal nether you are a piece of work that needs to get over themselves and do not deserve anything anyway.
    As bad as asking for gold to tank heroics. Point and shame them whenever possible, too many think they deserve a special pass to act like a pos for picking a certain spec.

the only reason i'd reserve nethers is if the group didn't mind that I do, I only need 2 more for the blazeguard, I need 2 maybe or 3 for the NR set, and then in t5 or p2 there are recipes that drop in ssc and tk that use nethers. red havok boots for example, might be worth crafting if I don't get an alternative. some of the items are boe, like the whitemend set is it profitable, you can probably sell a nether for 200g maybe.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2021-07-04 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    Not sure if I should post this here or on the profession subforum since that forum could be for retail players only. Anyway, is primal nether crafting profitable for someone who is able to get access to lots of nethers? I have a tank and can easily reserve them for me but is it worth the effort farming gold like this? If it's not worth it then I could level alchemy instead of a crafting profession which is always a staple gold maker so this will decide what my professions will be. I'm not looking to go for a crafting profession without an advantage.
    Reserving Nethers would be reliable gold providing you had the crafts people want. Tailoring or LW are probably the best profs to have for it since they cover a wide range of specs that need BoE crafts and can also make the Leg enchants passively. That being said from a pure gold per hour stance it's not going to be a strong contender. Even if you have a solid 5 man that clears Heroics in <30m and gives you every Nether no questions asked you still have to wait for the crafts to come along and Nethers will constantly be dropping in value.

Alch is a much better investment of time and will make any money you spend on it back fairly quickly. If you can get Haste and Destruction recipes, Potion Masters are one of, if not the most profitable Professions. It's also relatively cheap to level compared to something like JC, you can do 300-350 Alch for about 50g. Pots are used by everyone forever so the demand never drops like they will for Primal Nethers, and if you have a Herb alt it just makes your herb farming ~50% more profitable.

If you're a tank and you reserve every primal nether you are a piece of work that needs to get over themselves and do not deserve anything anyway.
    Getting a pug tank takes like 30-60min. I'm willing to give every single primal nether away if I get a tank instantly. If youre not willing to do that, then I guess you just wait a bir longer and get your 1/5 chance of getting the nether.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    As bad as asking for gold to tank heroics. Point and shame them whenever possible, too many think they deserve a special pass to act like a pos for picking a certain spec.
    I am happy to pay for getting an instant tank, enjoy trying to find one for 60mins while I just choose a tank and go.
    Last edited by facefist; 2021-07-05 at 06:45 AM.