Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    If only people realized that Torghast had torment debuffs from the start basically. It was just revamped away from the stupidity it was.
    Sorry, but "you're feared for 5 seconds after dropping below 50%" was not something in the game "from the start".
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Sorry, but "you're feared for 5 seconds after dropping below 50%" was not something in the game "from the start".
    Nah, just you know, you constantly taking unavoidable fire damage that's constantly ticking every 5 seconds.

I'd gladly take an avoidable issue like "stay above 50% hp" over "lol you're just constantly dying if you don't have self healing, have fun".

15+ Year Old Account
    Specific torments were not but you already had debuffs applied to your character which were essentially torments. It just expanded the system. It also has some interesting stuff like killing brokers for buffs. Is it basically the same stuff? Sure. But the little stuff does change things and it ties into the new research. As it can remove torments or provide blessings.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Nah, just you know, you constantly taking unavoidable fire damage that's constantly ticking every 5 seconds.

I'd gladly take an avoidable issue like "stay above 50% hp" over "lol you're just constantly dying if you don't have self healing, have fun".

The fire damage was the only obnoxious one and it was entirely negated with an orb at a caster mob. The new torments are trash and you have to deal with multiples of them, so fuck that. I quit and unsubbed because of this patch, I have no plans of returning as long as they keep making the game more and more unfun to play.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

I prefer a smaller zone, I get my shit done ASAP, but then again I don't play wow for it's daily quest hub content lol

10+ Year Old Account
    The fire damage was the only obnoxious one and it was entirely negated with an orb at a caster mob. The new torments are trash and you have to deal with multiples of them, so fuck that. I quit and unsubbed because of this patch, I have no plans of returning as long as they keep making the game more and more unfun to play.
    Alternatively, do one of the two currently open easy as fuck layers to unlock the talent system, get the + blessing talent, and go into the second easy as fuck layer where you get a chance to one shot elites that are below 40%.
    Speciation Is Gradual

It wasn't negated, just decreased. It was still awful.

And so were others, like the constant kyrians dropping down from the sky. Or taking unavoidable increased damage.

Things you can actually play around is good. Stuff that you can't do anything about is bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's also a bit disingenuous to say that this patch is remotely acceptable for the amount of time they've been supposedly working on it.
    Who said actually that? You quoted me, but I sure didn't. All I said is that physical geography is not the same as patch content, which I think would be fairly noncontroversial as far as statements go. You're arguing against someone that, best I can tell, does not exist in this thread.

Personally, I'm not making any claims one way or another about the quality of the patch until I see the content I actually give a shit about (raid, tazavesth, keystone season 2) which is not dailies and world content. Even if it's all great, I still wouldn't make defend the length of this content drought, which has been excessively long.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Who said actually that? You quoted me, but I sure didn't. All I said is that physical geography is not the same as patch content, which I think would be fairly noncontroversial as far as statements go. You're arguing against someone that, best I can tell, does not exist in this thread.

Personally, I'm not making any claims one way or another about the quality of the patch until I see the content I actually give a shit about (raid, tazavesth, keystone season 2) which is not dailies and world content. Even if it's all great, I still wouldn't make defend the length of this content drought, which has been excessively long.
    I mean, it's not like it's all that far off from the Broken Shore in size it seems so far in my experience, while also being far less...well, I don't think Broken Shore had any fans really.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, besides the fact that you have to brute force your way into the southern region?

That's hardly just running around a bit.
    you don't have to even do that to get it you simply stand on the ledge on the side of the map that is open to us. further, how does that negate his point that they gave us a new zone all the size of the blood elf starting area (1-6) sunstrider isle? what a joke

I think is a victim of the current patch cycle philosophy of Blizz: cramming way too much stuff into one patch with their current release cycle to where everything suffers to some degree. Granted this patch had 8 months to get ready and release, but it's still getting a ton of different major changes to work well. I think at this point Blizz should change to a smaller patch cycle to drip-feed content in versus a massive content dump, as it would immensely help their pipeline issues while giving the players more polished content overall.

For example, imagine if in 9.0 you didn't have all the systems, dungeons, raids, zones, etc. released all at once, but they were released over time. Instead of trying to update all that content at once every major patch, you can focus on the specific content in smaller chunks to allow a more polished experience. Under such a model, Korthia would likely be its own patch without the new dungeon, new raid, new/revamped systems, etc., so all the development could focus on one thing instead of 10 or 20 things. Obviously you can't keep the same patch timeline as now, but you could have new content every couple of weeks or every months or so, instead of the 6-8 months that we're getting atm. I suppose it would be kind of similar to how MMO's like FF14 do it.

Regardless, I think it's safe to say Korthia just doesn't have the polish and potential that I know Blizz is capable of.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, it's not like it's all that far off from the Broken Shore in size it seems so far in my experience, while also being far less...well, I don't think Broken Shore had any fans really.
    I mean, my point is that it doesn't matter either way because map size is not content (which is what actually takes development time) and people should not conflate the two.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I mean, my point is that it doesn't matter either way because map size is not content (which is what actually takes development time) and people should not conflate the two.
    I agree honestly. My point was more that honestly.

Like, even if broken shore is bigger, which it may well be, it was literally the same exact thing over and over again. Nothing about the zone felt unique. It was just a giant scar basically of damage.

At least Korthia seems more interactive and interesting so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    I was actually surprised at how small the zone is.
    As small as Quel'Danas? Nazjatar? Mechagon?

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    you don't have to even do that to get it you simply stand on the ledge on the side of the map that is open to us. further, how does that negate his point that they gave us a new zone all the size of the blood elf starting area (1-6) sunstrider isle? what a joke
    That isn't actually exploring the area or doing any of the content there though.

Quote Originally Posted by ManOluck View Post
    Literally ran down the Hill jumped around a bit and got the achievement " you explored korthia"

This is seriously 8 months of effort?
    *golf clap*

I think its time for you to move on from the game.

Quote Originally Posted by ManOluck View Post
    8 months of effort?
    No. They withhold content on purpose. Almost all of art and main design of an expansion is done before release and if you see them delay them it's because they polish it and finish it and not because they design it.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    That isn't actually exploring the area or doing any of the content there though.
    if the larger (80%) area of the zone is any indication there will be all of 5 minutes of daily content to do there. so...

15+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    For those braving the dangers of Korthia, you will find that a friendly Maldraxxi Flayedwing has arrived to assist in ferrying you to the Vault of Secrets after completing “Charge of the Covenants.” The only payment is gentle head pats. (Be sure to pet both of its heads, just to be sure.)
    They opened up the transport to the Vault of Secrets a week early so we can at least see the rest of the zone with out gimmicks (glide/portals etc)
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Ignoring the literal claim, yea the zone is rather small., but we already knew that from the PTR tbh. I hope the raid is the bestest evar, because otherwise I'm not entirely sure how this patch is supposed to entertain someone more than 4 weeks.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.