Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Okay, you would have to prove that they are Ren'dorei seekers and not Sin'dorei seekers. Blood elf shadow priest is playable after all.
    gameplay=/=lore

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    Actually, we've seen way more blood elves serving N'zoth. If you look at his followers, they sprout from among ALL races of Azeroth (even Nightborne), so these 3 mobs in Karazhan catacombs make up so little percentage of N'zoths Army, that you can hardly make any solid conclusions of it.

So... Using your logic, blood elves serve N'zoth. And Burning Legion. And Scourge (which means Jailer). What a horrible race.
    of course there are blood elves from non-playable factions that joined the villain, such as humans, orcs, night elves and many others.
    the point is that Varodoc said that no void elf joined the forces of nzoth which is not true there is a non-playable faction of void elves in the service of nzoth. I do not use any logic I present facts. If someone says "no void elf would join Nozth" I say that is not true
    Last edited by Rhlor; 2021-06-30 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro123 View Post
    Those are High Elves Wayfarer, not...."Void elves".

Your "Void Elves" have racials related to the void, not to elven racials like the Blood Elves. But if you are ok with that its up to you. I want a High elf race, with original racials + looks of a High Elf....not to change the "Void Elves" into "High Elves".

- - - Updated - - -

Under Alleria's guidance, as well as the tutelage and instruction of her own teacher, Locus-Walker, the void elves made strides in mastering their nature. They claimed Telogrus as their base of operations, which has also been visited by blood elf Silvermoon Scholars and high elf wayfarers curious to learn more about the Void from their transformed kin.

The void elves are not recruiting, necessarily, but they are open to those who share similar interests. Their research has attracted other elves to Telogrus, with both Silvermoon scholars and high elven wayfarers arriving to study the ways of the Void. They are trying to find out if they can reproduce the original process that transformed the void elves
    Source: https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Void_elf
    How long can you keep this up? Furthermore, how long can you keep up proving yourself wrong on everyone else's behalf?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    gameplay=/=lore

- - - Updated - - -

of course there are blood elves from non-playable factions that joined the villain, such as humans, orcs, night elves and many others.
    the point is that Varodoc said that no void elf joined the forces of nzoth which is not true there is a non-playable faction of void elves in the service of nzoth. I do not use any logic I present facts. If someone says "no void elf would join Nozth" I say that is not true
    Not to agree with Varodoc too much but yeah, we don't really HAVE conformation those are Void Elves. It is very likely, but not confirmed, specially since the Void Elf model has already been used to portray a void infused elf that is not necessarily a "Void Elf", when Xal'atath takes over the body of the High Elf Inanas. Let alone the fact that we have also seen NPC skins on BE's be used to portray Warlocks too deep on the Fel juice.

So are they meant to be corrupted VE's, or just random elves that got too into the void? We don't know for sure.

What is wrong with the lore i put there? Is not valid or something? Or you cant prove that the lore is wrong.... Otherwise, request the lore to be change to what you believe is right, because there is a reason why is there. Or did you read something else in the game that is not there?
    It's mostly your inability to understand that we are talking about what could be/happen in the future and are unable to see beyond what the lore says right on this moment.

Which is bonkers, because the lore is always evolving. Like how did you even survive the expanded skin tones and high elf eye colors on Void Elves is beyond me.

Since I have no interest joining in on this talking to a wall nonsense, I'll instead share some lovely mock ups I found online! I'm hoping that we'll have this option come 10.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    Since I have no interest joining in on this talking to a wall nonsense, I'll instead share some lovely mock ups I found online! I'm hoping that we'll have this option come 10.0.

Ohh that shade of blonde is *perfect* It looks slightly more magenta and doesn't look like any of the BE colors.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, you mean the "Blood elf" skin tones and blue eye colors from the "Sunwell" feeding? as mention in the Quel'Delar main story. (Not High Elves)

Because if you "put it" like that, it means that now the Blood elves are now the new "High elves" and they belong to the Horde. (Blue eyes, Golden hair elves).

Are you playing the game?
    Lol, for someone that keeps screaming "BUT THE LORE" please do tell me where is stated that the Sunwell feeding is giving the Blood Elves blue eyes. Thing is, we don't have a solid explanation as to why Blood Elves can choose blue eyes now. Yet that's irrelevant to the point. I simply referred to them as "High Elf eye colors" because the reveal post literally mentions them as a way to give VE and BE a bit of High Elf fantasy.

The question remains the same, how did you were able to accept Void Elves getting new eye colors and skin tones? You keep saying VE's are ONLY of that original accident, so then how do you explain that almost 2 years later they got new options? How does that fit with your idea that the Lore is immutable?

Because come on, answer the question being made instead of changing the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Not to agree with Varodoc too much but yeah, we don't really HAVE conformation those are Void Elves. It is very likely, but not confirmed, specially since the Void Elf model has already been used to portray a void infused elf that is not necessarily a "Void Elf", when Xal'atath takes over the body of the High Elf Inanas. Let alone the fact that we have also seen NPC skins on BE's be used to portray Warlocks too deep on the Fel juice.

So are they meant to be corrupted VE's, or just random elves that got too into the void? We don't know for sure.
    and why don't we see void humans? the reality is that blizzard never makes a very complicated plot for this type of thing randomly race as enemies to kill and that's it. those are void elves because they are meant to represent that race because blizzard decided so because if they wanted them to represent another race they would have used that race in the first place.

and why don't we see void humans? the reality is that blizzard never makes a very complicated plot for this type of thing randomly race as enemies to kill and that's it. those are void elves because they are meant to represent that race because blizzard decided so because if they wanted them to represent another race they would have used that race in the first place.
    But we have also seen pretty much every race working for the Old Gods and the Void, the difference? Thalassians are the only race with an *specific* void themed appearance. The whole question as to "why don't we see void humans then" is kinda moot when a void human texture just doesn't exist.

And again, I am not saying that they aren't Void elves, I'm just saying we can't confirm it either way, because it can simply be using the VE model to portray an elf infused by Void energy, such as Inanas' body. You can't say "they are void elves because they use the model" when we literally have precedent otherwise. Could be, could be not.

But we have also seen pretty much every race working for the Old Gods and the Void, the difference? Thalassians are the only race with an *specific* void themed appearance. The whole question as to "why don't we see void humans then" is kinda moot when a void human texture just doesn't exist.

And again, I am not saying that they aren't Void elves, I'm just saying we can't confirm it either way, because it can simply be using the VE model to portray an elf infused by Void energy, such as Inanas' body. You can't say "they are void elves because they use the model" when we literally have precedent otherwise. Could be, could be not.
    void human

we see humans in the same quest and looks like normal humans

1 - how did you were able to accept Void Elves getting new eye colors and skin tones?. No, i didn't. I think Void elves lost their identity, same reason i no longer play them.

2 - You keep saying VE's are ONLY of that original accident, so then how do you explain that almost 2 years later they got new options?. For the accident, because "Lore said so" like you put it....No real clue that other elves manage to become Void elves so far.

For the new options. Maybe because the people insisted too much on WoW General Forums for the colors that they made Blizzard commit a mistake?. I dont see any reasons inside the Lore + Gameplay that could explain Void elves to have Blue eyes and normal skin color. Blood Elves however, Quel'dalar quest explain that they feed on the new Sunwell.

3- How does that fit with your idea that the Lore is immutable?. Blizzard used to be really strong on Lore, for example, with transmog. They became more open to allow you to transmog things, that you shouldnt have. For example: Legendaries. Now for races "looks", giving Trolls colors doesn't mean that suddenly the other tribes of trolls joined the horde, there is no lore to explain that, unless Blizzard does that in the future. But for the Elves, they made a clear difference between them for a good reason, and that reason is part with PvP and to the idea of not having repeated races on both sides. Blood elves are unique because of their colors and styles, Void elves are meant to be unique (But sadly people changed them to "Alliance Blood elves"), and be the elves connected with the void and dark magic, according to their story. The ritual that created them was unique as unique it was the process that Alleria took.

Now Alleria "was" a High Elf, now a Void Elf from what i read on the lore. But for the "High Elves", they are not the ones we use as playable. They are still the "Blood elves" that followed Umbric into the Rift. Those are the playable Void elves.

What i dislike about this thread and the other in General Forums, is that "All of you" demand Blizzard to twist the lore to whatever you like, just to play your waifus elves in the alliance, instead of using the already existing ones in the Horde. This is just an example of the selfish behavior, because you break the balance between the two factions. There is a reason that only the Pandaren, are meant to be a Neutral race, that can join both factions. Elves, already choose their faction, in the very intro of the stories and the Void elves, where meant to be an "option" for alliance players, to enjoy the "Blood elf" model, in an entire new race for the Alliance. But it was twisted by demand.

Got it? Are you going to keep up with that hostile attitude filled with "fanaticism" for your elves? or against the Lore?

Otherwise, post your demands on General Discussion in the officials threads instead of twisting this thread too into "I want Void elves to look exactly like the Blood elves". because that is bad already...

- - - Updated - - -

----------------------
    In ElderScrolls online:

The very idea of the fans twisting the Dunmer to have the same skin colors as an Altmer, would be as horrible as turning the Orcs pink just for the players demands.

That is why Shadowlands reflect poor choices in the gameplay (Because, Blizzard trusted the players demands), while at the same time, broke the identity of the game and the races just for being....lazy.
    "High Elves" should have been an entire new race for the Alliance. + the Void elves we already have as a "Dark Elf" version, while the "High elves" as described by the OP of this thread as "Forest" elves with nice tattoos and hairstyles. But i guess people like lazy solutions, that is beyond me to understand...
    So therein lies the core issue of your argument: You want Void Elves to be visually distinct from Blood Elves.

In case it hasn't been clear, the whole idea that a race should be defined by their aesthetics rather than ideology is something that I have been against day once, hence why I have always believed that High Elves should have been playable: It doesn't matter how similar they look to BE's when what's interesting about them is their ideology, politics, and beliefs.

So of course I disagree with the notion that Void Elves only have an identity if they have a limited aesthetic, of course I disagree there is a "correct" VE aesthetic when Alleria herself, the original Void Elf, shows the potential of what some Void Elves could be.

That you call something lazy because you simply cannot grasp that the Void Elves could grow beyond what they are now -such as recruiting from High Elves, thus getting some of their aesthetics- is not an issue with Blizzard's lack of effort nor player entitlement, but simply that you do not like it.

YOU want Void Elves to be limited to a restricted aesthetic, when the lore itself already has shown us VE's of different provenance. If anything it's lazy, is to give elves a blue paint job and call them a new race; it's outstanding how the ideas given here to actually add depth to that as a choice is what you call "lazy"

- - - Updated - - -

Why not these ideas, for Void elves:

Or at least Dark Elves maybe?

The idea, is that Void elves doesnt turn into "Alliance Blood elves". That sucks a lot and is lazy af.

This was super original at the moment:
    How the hell do you still don't get that Void Elves should be able to be BOTH.

- - - Updated - - -

void human

we see humans in the same quest and looks like normal humans
    Come on don't be disingenuous.

S
    Come on don't be disingenuous.
    you played Stormsong Valley right? so you know those humans were corrupted by the void

- - - Updated - - -

All of that, just to say: "I want Blood elves" for the Alliance. Instead of asking for a new race.

The problem with you guys, is the level of disappointment you got with the Void Elves. You guys didn't liked them since day one, because they didn't had Blonde hair and Blue eyes. That is all the problem here and almost all the pages of this thread are dedicated just to turn "Void Elves" into "Blood elves". Because why? Because we said so and Blizzard has to do it. (I hope they never give Void elves, Blonde hair)

I really dislike that idea a lot, is killing the game even more with more none sense changes, just to have a waifu race. Thanks god ElderScrolls Online doesn't have something like that going on with the races....
    This nonsense kills the game and doesn't that leave us 9 months without content and give us a pathetic 9.1?

All of that, just to say: "I want Blood elves" for the Alliance. Instead of asking for a new race.

The problem with you guys, is the level of disappointment you got with the Void Elves. You guys didn't liked them since day one, because they didn't had Blonde hair and Blue eyes. That is all the problem here and almost all the pages of this thread are dedicated just to turn "Void Elves" into "Blood elves". Because why? Because we said so and Blizzard has to do it. (I hope they never give Void elves, Blonde hair)

I really dislike that idea a lot, is killing the game even more with more none sense changes, just to have a waifu race. Thanks god ElderScrolls Online doesn't have something like that going on with the races....
    Sure, just misconstrue whatever someone is saying to mean what you want, that works!

If you are just going to dismiss any criticism people have towards Void Elves and their implementation, and shut down any ideas because "you just want alliance Blood Elves" you are simply not interested in any discussion, you have already made out your mind about what we want.

If you can't accept that *shockingly* limiting the aesthetics of a race doesn't actually make for a deep sense identity for some people, then what is to argue? Limiting VE aesthetic only for the sake of looking "different" goes anathema to the nuance of the world and people on it, only because you think it's better if there's a simplistic way to sort the races.

And again, the fact we are on the High Elf thread SHOULD HAVE ALREADY CLUED YOU IN on the fact a lot of people here believe ideology is more important than aesthetics.

You are asking for the game to be more simple and limited. Just because you can't grasp the fact that Void Elves could have an aesthetic spectrum between Umbric and Alleria doesn't meant that we "want to turn Void Elves into Blood Elves"; HOW does that make sense when Alleria freaking Windrunner is the ORIGINAL Void Elf?

Your whole argument here is that you want us to have the same limited thinking that you have.

Also just go play ESO if you really want that. It's really good!

- - - Updated - - -

you played Stormsong Valley right? so you know those humans were corrupted by the void
    Not every human that has been shown to be working for the old gods has become a tentacle monster like the KT's of Stormsong. Of all the races shown to be minions of the void, only humans even have on the first place. So stop being disingenuous.

In ElderScrolls online:

The very idea of the fans twisting the Dunmer to have the same skin colors as an Altmer, would be as horrible as turning the Orcs pink just for the players demands.

That is why Shadowlands reflect poor choices in the gameplay (Because, Blizzard trusted the players demands), while at the same time, broke the identity of the game and the races just for being....lazy.
    "High Elves" should have been an entire new race for the Alliance. + the Void elves we already have as a "Dark Elf" version, while the "High elves" as described by the OP of this thread as "Forest" elves with nice tattoos and hairstyles. But i guess people like lazy solutions, that is beyond me to understand...
    Yes, but the identity of those races is dramatically distinct from the races in WoW. For one, those races were separated by well-defined cultural identities with histories spanning over millennia and a complex racial dynamic. Here, the Thalassian Elves are all sort of just Thalassian. They have literally no difference culturally aside from High Elves being more militant, the Blood Elves being more mature, and the Void Elves being more scholarly.

Comparing these two stories is apples and oranges. They are so distinct that there is no analogue between them, really.

Gosh, this Phoenix is both a High Elf and a Void Elf mood. I really just want more dark blue Void Elf things rather than leaning too much on the purple/gold. Purple/blue and Silver could be amazing.

Gosh, this Phoenix is both a High Elf and a Void Elf mood. I really just want more dark blue Void Elf things rather than leaning too much on the purple/gold. Purple/blue and Silver could be amazing.

This mount has armor that could be Elven !

I wonder if this is a clue regarding the next expansion ?

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchvince View Post

This mount has armor that could be Elven !

I wonder if this is a clue regarding the next expansion ?
    People on twitter have noticed how the armor itself is completely removable and how that makes the phoenix itself likely to be a mob soon. And it's kinda weird to see Phoenixes in WoW not related to Thalassian culture -I think the only time we have seen phoenixes outside that is the Dark Phoenix mount?-

People on twitter have noticed how the armor itself is completely removable and how that makes the phoenix itself likely to be a mob soon. And it's kinda weird to see Phoenixes in WoW not related to Thalassian culture -I think the only time we have seen phoenixes outside that is the Dark Phoenix mount?-
    There are also phoenixes in Pandaria, which are not related to thalassians at all. They are not even elemental/magical beigns, such as phoenixes tied to thalassians.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    There are also phoenixes in Pandaria, which are not related to thalassians at all. They are not even elemental/magical beigns, such as phoenixes tied to thalassians.
    But like natural phoenixes, yah? So indeed, Phoenixes do come from Azeroth, but it's interesting that they are very related to elves when it comes to be imbued with other powers. So beyond that, the iconography itself IS very thalassian.

But yeah, it could be totally unrelated to elves, but I do agree we will be seeing phoenixes in the future soon.

But like natural phoenixes, yah? So indeed, Phoenixes do come from Azeroth, but it's interesting that they are very related to elves when it comes to be imbued with other powers. So beyond that, the iconography itself IS very thalassian.

But yeah, it could be totally unrelated to elves, but I do agree we will be seeing phoenixes in the future soon.
    Well, little speculation incoming:

- Pandaria was part of ancient Kalimdor landmass, which was ruled mostly by elves. "Natural" phoenixes, meaning the birds without any magical/elemental powers could be encountered by the ancient elves. They are majestic creatures with vibrant plumes, so they might catch their attention.
    - After Sundering, ancient continent was shattered and so the phoenixes remained on the landmass later known as Pandaria. It might become a myth for elves, or maybe a remained of ages past, long lost.
    - The symbol of high elves appeared to be phoenix even before Scourging of Quel'thalas (seen in WC3 reforged), but some groups also use a crest with unicorn (a wildrunner). Wildrunners were numerous around Well of Eternity and possibly were used by Highborne. We don't see them in present Quel'thalas at any place, so they might very well be another "mythical" animal which found its way to thalassian symbolism and iconography. That theme was abandoned by blood elves though, replacing this symbol with pheonix for good to symbolize their rebirth. On the other hand, SC elves do use horned horses during WotLK, so they had to get them somewhere.
    - Blood elves began to delve into fire magic, reached out Firelands from which they were able to summon elemental phoenixes. They rediscover old iconography and add more depth to it through the phoenix power of rebirth.

So yes, phoenixes are indeed very thalassian. This color variantion definitely feels very Quel/Ren'dorei, making it fine pick for flying mount for high elf roleplayers and even void elf "patriots". I wonder if we get gold/red fiery version of this mount, which is very likely if we get content tied to it. Now I wonder if this is foreshadowing or not. I believe we got that ardenweald dragon as a 6month subscription, right? Also vulpine familiar... We can't say there is not a trend in what kind of mounts we get.

3+ Year Old Account
    there's Phoenixes in Durotar in Warcraft 3, an egg is required to make Chen Stormstout's brew
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.