Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    You can really always count on Blizzard to make the most stupid decisions possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the H:A ratio across all servers fairly even? The issue is the lack of Alliance queuing not a lack of Alliance players.
    Looking at wcl, they are indeed super close, but then we have the same situation in retail where the balance overall is very close to even but allianve still has less groups going and such ... seems that for some reason, alliance players don't so many things.

lol @ all this alliance QQ

lol @ Alliance players crying about racials when perception is the most broken pvp skill in the game.

Alliance idiots are literally queuing for Arenas in full PvP gear they AFK farmed in a day while the Horde are still working on their 1st or 2nd piece. I bet that resilience advantage felt nice though given most Ally players are terrible at the game to begin with.
    Last edited by s0ul; 2021-07-02 at 08:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    One of the few reasons to play Alliance was improved PvP queue times, with Horde already dominating in PvE, rated PvP, and world PvP due to their overwhelming numbers. What a great way to try and finally kill Alliance on Classic.
    Faction has little to no relevance for rated pvp and world pvp is on a server by server basis, though.

Quote Originally Posted by s0ul View Post
    lol @ all this alliance QQ

lol @ Alliance players crying about racials when perception is the most broken pvp skill in the game.

Alliance idiots are literally queuing for Arenas in full PvP gear they AFK farmed in a day while the Horde are still working on their 1st or 2nd piece. I bet that resilience advantage felt nice though given most Ally players are terrible at the game to begin with.
    Here you can see the mindless zug zug thinking, totally not giving away your mental deficiencies my green friend.

Quote Originally Posted by socialmaker View Post
    Here you can see the mindless zug zug thinking, totally not giving away your mental deficiencies my green friend.
    "zug zug thinking" is flooring Ally teams in full PvP resilience gear with just the PvP trinket. You over 2k yet? lmao

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s0ul View Post
    "zug zug thinking" is flooring Ally teams in full PvP resilience gear with just the PvP trinket. You over 2k yet? lmao
    Let's be honest, anyone with half a brain can get to 2k in classic.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    This is such bs.

The only reason to pass on all the sweet Horde racials and go Alliance was.... instant BG queues.

Now Blizzard gives PvPers no reason to stay Alliance.

Such a one-sided biased solution.
    Which doesn't address the real problem, faction imbalance.
    And this charge will only make it worse.
    There isn't a single PvP server close to 50-50. For obvious reasons.
    Last edited by Alex86el; 2021-07-02 at 09:21 AM.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Which means that Horde has the Advantage now. Before long queue times offset their better racials and the most played race in the game. Now they have better racials, the prettiest race AND fast queue times. There's no reason to play Alliance apart from RP.

- - - Updated - - -

Why are we not able to play with the other faction in PvE? Even on retail? This change is moronic, albeit not quite as moronic as merc mode.
    We have played with the other faction in PvE several times (NPCs).
    And well, PvP can be considered a tournament, the real danger/enemy is always in PvE.

But I do agree that this is absurd... this was not in TBC...

Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    There isn't a single PvP server close to 50-50. For obvious reasons.
    The reason is that Horde went out to farm Alliance in the outdoor because of their long queues.
    When you sit an hour in queue for a BG where you possibly only earn 50-100honor per BG (pre mades are still common), then killing a few Alliance for 21honor/kill is surely enticing.

In other words, while it doesn't alleviate the longterm issue for Alliance, it at least should stop one of the reasons why Alliance have been pushed off PvP Servers.
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    But I do agree that this is absurd... this was not in TBC...
    Neither was Seal of Blood on the Alliance side.
    Or layering.
    Or 1h+ queue times for the Horde.

The faction imbalance is obnoxious on a lot of EU PvP servers. All non-instanced gameplay can be infuriating due to player numbers (not racials, just being outnumbered). Ofc this is a non-issue on PvE servers.

- Being unable to complete quests due to 'pvp'...5 horde in the area vs 1 alliance.
    - Same for mob farming, Horde can push off any Alliance due to the back up of the others nearby
    - Mining, and less so herbing...while collecting 2-3 horde land, clap you, then bicker to themselves over the node.

Also, the less obvious issues;
    - As more and more allies leave the more one sided servers, finding groups for dungeons/raids becomes more and more difficult (1hr+ waits for dps as lack of tanks)
    - Trying to find arena or BG premade groups can be non-existent, sure instant queue, but no one to play with consistently as lots of x-server players that you can't group with.
    - Quantity of crafting mats and similar, some mats that are almost mandatory for a lot of classes (eg. Primal Fire). When no Alliance can farm, ofc less available and become a LOT more expensive (Server wide AH's might help).

Yes, 30min+ BG queues for Horde are unacceptable! Fact!

But this fix, only helps one faction, it in fact compounds the issues Alliance face; Why would you ever roll alliance on these pvp servers? So the Alliance on these servers are veterans only...as time goes on they ofc will quit/leave etc...making the issues even worse. With this change there is 0 necessity for servers to have any Alliance at all.

Blizzard has given Horde a free solution to their issue (a valid one). Is it not now time to give Alliance on PvP servers a similar solution?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    You can really always count on Blizzard to make the most stupid decisions possible.
    Do they have any other option to fix faction imbalance during an expansion? I don't really think they do. People won't reroll 1 month after release.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    What would you suggest?
    Racials should have been removed or balanced completely (not possible unless you make them boring or cosmetic) 15 years ago

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    If you think that 1h+ queues for Horde would somehow salvage a 50/50 ratio for you, then you're fooling yourself.

If you want have some semblance if faction balance, you'd need:
    -Rebalanced PvE racials
    -Rebalanced PvP racials
    -Possibly seperate rankings for Alliance and Horde

People that do not play PvP don't give the slightest fuck about this and those people generally favor Horde in TBC, because Orc & Troll racials are pretty decent.

Considering how insane Horde queues have become, Alliance advantage isn't gone or diminished strictly speaking, you'll likely still have instant pops.
    Alliance also had nearly instant queue pops in Classic, despite Horde having 5-15 minute queue times.

However, the disadvantage for Horde is now smaller, as queue times will no longer be at 1h+ but rather 20-30min, any Alliance queue will still be prioritized.
    I really have pity of how nerd/y and nolife your brain is. Do you think all people are looking for your hardcore no life in game where we need to be gladiators in pvp and the best raiders in the world??

Some of us are in the medium side, i care about 50 /50 in world pvp, i care about having to see both sides while leveling, i care about being " special" my racial and it fit my style not how OP it is.

Dont only look at your self as a nerd no life player and want to apply it to others, there are people who cant find time to play there are people who are in middle and there are people like you who want to worship the game

Quote Originally Posted by regardoz View Post
    I really have pity of how nerd/y and nolife your brain is. Do you think all people are looking for your hardcore no life in game where we need to be gladiators in pvp and the best raiders in the world??

Some of us are in the medium side, i care about 50 /50 in world pvp, i care about having to see both sides while leveling, i care about being " special" my racial and it fit my style not how OP it is.

Dont only look at your self as a nerd no life player and want to apply it to others, there are people who cant find time to play there are people who are in middle and there are people like you who want to worship the game
    Okay, is there any point to this post outside of insults?

IMO faction imbalance might have started out as a racial issue, but became a social problem over the years. I believe disabling/balancing racial traits would do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Or it has a time checker built in "will not queue HvH until X minutes passed"?
    Retail leveling LFD has such a timer. You can only queue for the expansion you chose to level in, but after 15 minutes you get a popup "hey buddy q seems rather long, do you mind getting into q of all expansions?" you click yes and more often than not instant invite.

7+ Year Old Account
    Stonetalon, watching Garrosh be a badass before the old gods messed him up
    You lot are insane. Literally insane. This does not break immersion. It is not horde bias. The only people who care about this are the ones who do arena. Honor gear is essential for arena. It is not fair for alliance to have an advantage on gear because of queue times. Most of you b*tching about this won't even queue more than one battleground a day. Maybe we should ask blizzard to take away your seal of blood and make alliance pallies impotent because #nochanges.

This is an excellent change and one that was very much needed for the Horde pvp community. I know 20+ people playing BC JUST for arena. We WELCOME this change with open arms and salute the devs for listening to feedback. 1 hour 30 min queues were not in BC back in the day.

Get. Over. Yourselves.

I unsubbed 2 accounts, gtfo World of Hordecraft. Have fun playing with yourselves.
    minor edit for people asking for my stuff: .i. here you go have at it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    I'll quote a player from a different forum called Ontheluna for you

"Just so you realise, alliance players are pissed because apparently every fundamental change is on the table except for addressing the root cause of the faction imbalance - racial abilities. Count how many changes have had to be made because horde players outnumber alliance: AV premades - gone; honour from killing the same player - capped at 10 with diminishing returns; Dark Portal is a sanctuary zone; paladin seals.

The horde queue times wouldn't be as bad if the horde weren't objectively stronger than the alliance.

So yes, I want everyone to have fun playing the game and merc mode helps horde do that. But the festering boil that is population imbalance simply has another band aid applied to it rather than being lanced once and for all by making meaningful and positive changes to racials so there are pros and cons to playing both factions. Because from where we're sitting, they're removing all the cons from horde and the only pro the mathematically weaker alliance have ever been given was paladin seals
    ."

This kills all incentive to play Alliance at all and will spiral into the same sh*tfest Retail is right now.
    1) alliance racials post wrath until now in pvp is better, and in WoD specially it was miles ahead to degree that pvp tournament to degree that any tournament was purely humans + dwarf shaman or nelf druid (because tournament u don't have to create character from scratch and gear it, u just create one for competition)
    2) according to blizz, in retail the game is even slightly higher on alliance (source is one of last blizzcon vidoes), but since the top activity in pve and pvp is dominated by horde it is easy to guess that the majority of alliance players are casual
    i'm tired of claim that horde have better racials that piss alliance, alliance qq children ignore that, heck in WoD they didn't even bother to talk about how human racial was so broken fucking OP that made arena teams pure humans + shaman dwarf or nelf druid, a pvp imbalance never saw in wow history (btw SL pvp scene is very diverse, one of healthiest in wow history since they started recording tournaments), the problem isn't racials, the problem is greedy asshole company that allowed faction transfer and promised to 'keep eye on it', only to be blind by $$$$ and ignore how most servers became 1 sided, my server Ghostlands EU became pure alliance, Bladefist became horde dominated, in general almost all pve servers are alliance and pvp servers are horde, and activison don't care to fix it because faction transfer money is way too much for their dead rotten forgotten conscious to beat
    The solution is easy, make faction transfer free since it costs them fucking nothing, just with long cd, and watch as community will try balance servers by themselves, in fact with how alliance racials acting since post-wrath i won't be surprised if most wow became alliance, so blizz just open FREE faction transfer for all servers until server reach the sweet 50/50 then stop, and open as soon server get to 70/30 for example and start to be unbalanced again
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by socialmaker View Post
    I unsubbed 2 accounts, gtfo World of Hordecraft. Have fun playing with yourselves.
    minor edit for people asking for my stuff: .i. here you go have at it
    Good riddance. Now if more of you can follow this guy it would be amazing!

You guys weren’t crying about the pally changes Alliance got. Guess it didn’t matter as long as it was alliance favoured lmfao

In other words we asked a couple of streamers and they babyraged at the idea . Id play as a fricken peon or naga in order not to wait a hour .