Page 1 of 23
... LastLast

9.1 is a huge letdown

Sorry but at this point it was hyped from Blizzard and all we got is:

New torghast system re-vamp that is way worse than the originale. Now you haft to spend more time pr. run to clear all mobs, loot all the crap AND! do it on a strict timer WHILE! remembering this bonus crap that is more convoluted than many recently added systems in wow: https://imgur.com/a/2uZ9gDG - You get more punished to fuck up in Torghast now than a mythic+

Korthia is about the smallest zone added to wow in some time. Smaller than even Mechagon I think. While it has few rares thats rarely up, with again more insane no-life mounts, that even I, cant be bothered to hope to get. On top of that it seems they gated some of the easier mounts like the egg one you need 6 off.

Korthia is also hugely lacking in exploration and things to do. You have some weeklies and 3 quick dailies. That is all. You also only have like 10 treasures to find. Granted these 10 treasures are kinda OK, but mostly simple. Also more currency to farm for not even good upgraded gear. On top of that the BOA tokens starts at Ilvl 200 which is way to low for boosting alts considering the new crafters mark 3 gear is on the AH in few days now.

And then we get the useal raid and 5 man. Which im sure most people enjoy, but its not so much for me.

If it wasn't for flying I was not even the slightest happy about this patch. At least the patch should had arrived 3-4 months earlier, then it would be fair, also just because 8.1 in BFA was also not a big patch.

For now it seems like I will have time to play TBC soon again. Also idiotic that they release TBC and 9.1 at about the same time, on top of having Diablo 2 re-make out soon - Blizzard does not understand their own playerbase tbh.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Excuse me, what did you expect please?

Definitely a letdown and want to add special emphasis that they managed to make Torghast an even bigger worthless pile of syphilitic shit than it already was.

Im waiting for the malding thread asking why is Korthia gear rewarded via RNG...blizzard jerks off to our suffering.

I mean.. with WoW these days all I look forward to is the raid. Other than that I have come to realize it will just be a few uncreative time gates to slog though to get normies baited into 2 months of subs instead of just the 1 they usually did on patch months.

Quote Originally Posted by Boddhi View Post
    Excuse me, what did you expect please?
    Something that was worth the hype Blizzard did include in their own press. 8 months of waiting.

@Stormdash Agree - Torghast should just have had 3 new layers, more bosses and keep the cosmetics w/e. This new system is much, much worse than even visions. At least visions was kinda fun to do once a week, once you got the tactics down (5 mask was even a bit fun to progress to) - This is random runs with much more convoluted mechanics. On top of that, I enjoy grouping torghast, but now getting a bad group is no-go - Then I dont get much points to upgrade my talent tree, no achievement progress etc. Very anti social, feel like I haft to try and solo shit now.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Sorry but at this point it was hyped from Blizzard and all we got is:

New torghast system re-vamp that is way worse than the originale. Now you haft to spend more time pr. run to clear all mobs, loot all the crap AND! do it on a strict timer WHILE! remembering this bonus crap that is more convoluted than many recently added systems in wow: https://imgur.com/a/2uZ9gDG - You get more punished to fuck up in Torghast now than a mythic+

Korthia is about the smallest zone added to wow in some time. Smaller than even Mechagon I think. While it has few rares thats rarely up, with again more insane no-life mounts, that even I, cant be bothered to hope to get. On top of that it seems they gated some of the easier mounts like the egg one you need 6 off.

Korthia is also hugely lacking in exploration and things to do. You have some weeklies and 3 quick dailies. That is all. You also only have like 10 treasures to find. Granted these 10 treasures are kinda OK, but mostly simple. Also more currency to farm for not even good upgraded gear. On top of that the BOA tokens starts at Ilvl 200 which is way to low for boosting alts considering the new crafters mark 3 gear is on the AH in few days now.

And then we get the useal raid and 5 man. Which im sure most people enjoy, but its not so much for me.

If it wasn't for flying I was not even the slightest happy about this patch. At least the patch should had arrived 3-4 months earlier, then it would be fair, also just because 8.1 in BFA was also not a big patch.

For now it seems like I will have time to play TBC soon again. Also idiotic that they release TBC and 9.1 at about the same time, on top of having Diablo 2 re-make out soon - Blizzard does not understand their own playerbase tbh.
    I quite like Korthia, it's succinct. It doesn't bother with more than it needs to and there's so far not a piece of it where i wonder "why did they put this in?".
    It has an atmosphere i like in a way i find hard to express.

Though i must say i find the new versions of assaults to be a big downgrade, honestly dailies are inferior to world quests in almost every way, except they make it less obvious how much you are being ripped off in a sense of "time vs. reward" kinda things.

Also when it comes to rares i'd advise you to ask Blizzard to just not reward you for collecting all their rewards anymore.
    Taking away the rewards makes them properly optional again, which in turn means it's fine if they're actually, genuinely rare.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Torghast would have been better off with campaign only.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh look another "we hate wow" circlejerk thread. Havent seen one of those in the last 5minutes.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Roanda View Post
    Im waiting for the malding thread asking why is Korthia gear rewarded via RNG...blizzard jerks off to our suffering.
    can't you just buy the pieces as BoA from the archives dude?

Meh, it's ok. My sub ended today and since I did all I could from the patch and the rest is time gated, I will just play other games for three or four months and when I come back, I'll finish the questline and run the new dungeon and raid in normal.

Only another 7 months until 9.2 though! Hope they add yet another reputation with conduit upgrades and gem sockets at exalted. Korthia is an absolute husk of a zone.

Imagine whining before the raid even comes out, the mythic+ changes happen, or the new dungeon is released.
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    Imagine whining before the raid even comes out, the mythic+ changes happen, or the new dungeon is released.
    Well tbf if that is what the patch is about why the delay to release them?

10+ Year Old Account
    that just begs that question of why gate that patch content so heavily
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Zora-Prime View Post
    can't you just buy the pieces as BoA from the archives dude?
    From my understanding..."Korthian Armaments" = 1000 stygia and is random...bind on account this ones only
    Am i missing something?

imagine there is wow players not really interested in raiding or M+. MIND BLOWING

Funny that the best thing people like about korthia is that its a small amount of content that they can get over as quickly as possible.

Almost feels like Stockholm syndrome.

New Torghast is way better than the first one. And how is torghast more punishing if you "fuck up" considering the only "fuck up" you can do in torghast is maybe dying... and that's not really a big loss. I never looked into all the intricacies of how the scoring system works and I 5 crystal it no problem.
    To me it seems like people read about it and get shocked about the amount of information available and assume it's complicated in game, it's not really. Explore, kill enemies quickly, use empowerment on big packs, gg, easy 5 crystals.

Curious, why would flying change anything about patch 9.1?
    Flying isn't content so if you don't like the content provided, why would flying save it?
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2021-07-02 at 12:45 PM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morssoe View Post
    Torghast would have been better off with campaign only.
    Torghast would be better if it was hard end goal with cosmetic reward in the end. Including Torghast as mandatory step in gearing process was so stupid. They should treat it as side game... which it is.