Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I mean I like it. It could be bigger but I like what's there.

Is it really fair to judge the patch on week 1 when almost none of the centerpiece features have been released? By my understanding, korthia isnt exactly the main content. Its more something you do between the other stuff (the three pillar stuff). Once all that opens up, players will be kinda busy doing all their normal wow gameplay things. Korthia is kinda supposed to fit in amongst that... unless of course its your main content, in which case, it seems to be a decently hefty grind lasting several months with reasonable incremental power progression (timegating included). And if that's how you want to play it (its how id play it), then maybe 1 week is a bit of a short time frame to gauge if its delivering.
    Last edited by ippollite; 2021-07-02 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Sorry but at this point it was hyped from Blizzard and all we got is:

New torghast system re-vamp that is way worse than the originale. Now you haft to spend more time pr. run to clear all mobs, loot all the crap AND! do it on a strict timer WHILE! remembering this bonus crap that is more convoluted than many recently added systems in wow: https://imgur.com/a/2uZ9gDG - You get more punished to fuck up in Torghast now than a mythic+

Korthia is about the smallest zone added to wow in some time. Smaller than even Mechagon I think. While it has few rares thats rarely up, with again more insane no-life mounts, that even I, cant be bothered to hope to get. On top of that it seems they gated some of the easier mounts like the egg one you need 6 off.

Korthia is also hugely lacking in exploration and things to do. You have some weeklies and 3 quick dailies. That is all. You also only have like 10 treasures to find. Granted these 10 treasures are kinda OK, but mostly simple. Also more currency to farm for not even good upgraded gear. On top of that the BOA tokens starts at Ilvl 200 which is way to low for boosting alts considering the new crafters mark 3 gear is on the AH in few days now.

And then we get the useal raid and 5 man. Which im sure most people enjoy, but its not so much for me.

If it wasn't for flying I was not even the slightest happy about this patch. At least the patch should had arrived 3-4 months earlier, then it would be fair, also just because 8.1 in BFA was also not a big patch.

For now it seems like I will have time to play TBC soon again. Also idiotic that they release TBC and 9.1 at about the same time, on top of having Diablo 2 re-make out soon - Blizzard does not understand their own playerbase tbh.
    After its done i will judge.

But Torhgast: indeed overkill of system in there now. ( dislike it because my main still gets bad syngerie powers most of the time).

Korthia: the system all are cool. But indeed to few rare's, to small. And i noticed a lot of invisble walls. Things that you could jump on in other WoW zones. are now just walled off in thin air.
    Mounts....have not looked at them yet. so can not judge.

Indeed boosted gear is a bit low.

And adding even more resources is insane. I think if there is 1 thing i hate about shadowlands its all the resources you have. ( different types)

It kinda feels like a 0,05 or 0,075 patch instead of a full x.1 patch

New torghast system re-vamp that is way worse than the originale. Now you haft to spend more time pr. run to clear all mobs, loot all the crap AND! do it on a strict timer WHILE! remembering this bonus crap that is more convoluted than many recently added systems in wow: https://imgur.com/a/2uZ9gDG - You get more punished to fuck up in Torghast now than a mythic+

Korthia is about the smallest zone added to wow in some time. Smaller than even Mechagon I think. While it has few rares thats rarely up, with again more insane no-life mounts, that even I, cant be bothered to hope to get. On top of that it seems they gated some of the easier mounts like the egg one you need 6 off.

Korthia is also hugely lacking in exploration and things to do. You have some weeklies and 3 quick dailies. That is all. You also only have like 10 treasures to find. Granted these 10 treasures are kinda OK, but mostly simple. Also more currency to farm for not even good upgraded gear. On top of that the BOA tokens starts at Ilvl 200 which is way to low for boosting alts considering the new crafters mark 3 gear is on the AH in few days now.

And then we get the useal raid and 5 man. Which im sure most people enjoy, but its not so much for me.

If it wasn't for flying I was not even the slightest happy about this patch. At least the patch should had arrived 3-4 months earlier, then it would be fair, also just because 8.1 in BFA was also not a big patch.

For now it seems like I will have time to play TBC soon again. Also idiotic that they release TBC and 9.1 at about the same time, on top of having Diablo 2 re-make out soon - Blizzard does not understand their own playerbase tbh.
    Calls 9.1 the smallest patch when 2.4 was even smaller.

The isle is half the size of korthia, has less rare mobs and has less hidden items. Had no assaults.

THE only thing it had was a few more dailies.

Also not all of korthia is open. They are opening up parts of it.

Torgast new system is a much better improvement. It causes you to want to finish and get everything instead of rushing.

Kids these days just like to whine and moan like toddlers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beuargh View Post
    imagine there is wow players not really interested in raiding or M+. MIND BLOWING
    Those people are pathetic and should go play mylittlepony.

Torghast is the biggest letdown in all of SL and yes 9.1 made it worse. Early Alpha Torghast was better even imo. I had no real hope for 9.1 being the saving grace of SL... its sad really.

Torghast should have been the easy/fun thing for casuals to get their toons mad OP without impacting game play outside of Torghast and reward some cosmetics/mounts. Sure some M+/raiders would complain but they have their raid and high key exclusives and could breeze through Torghast so meh on their complaints.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Torghast is annoying. I don't hate the new structure, but wtf is with the scoring system.

I like how they say in the survival guide that now you can die on torghast and continue!

Big effin lie! You could die 4 times before. If you die once now you can just exit, your run is f***ed. You are not gonna get enough points to unlock the next level.

I am ok with Korthia though. 3 dailies is a good amount. I just wish there were more rares and that treasures showed up in the map.

Overall a small patch. People said the last patch of BfA was cutting corners, but those 2 assaults, even if reusing maps, had way more content than Korthia.
    I think i prefer to revisit an old zone spiced up than a tiny new zone with hardly anything.

Also, yes. Screw the mounts. I stoped caring since CRZ came in. I am not gonna waste my life for a +1 on a mount counter.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-07-02 at 09:36 PM.

enjoy your gear treadmill lol

Something that was worth the hype Blizzard did include in their own press. 8 months of waiting.
    Well, latest since Cyberpunk 2077 every gamer should not trust in anything software companies promise. Was also quite obvious that a) Korthia will be just another daily/weekly chore pit b) there will be a new Raid in usual quality and c) all the rest stays pretty much as it is. I'd expect people they either resub for the raid or not at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boddhi View Post
    Excuse me, what did you expect please?
    Maybe something similar to the big Azshara patch? They had so much time. I hope they are already putting much work into the next patch or even the next X-Pac. It's not like this game is free to play or something
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Oh look another "we hate wow" circlejerk thread. Havent seen one of those in the last 5minutes.
    Mate I don't hate wow, else I wouldent play it since vanilla. You can critique things and still like it.

@Morssoe. Yea, screw Torghast, make it not even matter / story only :P

@loras I agree the callings/dailies does feel a bit meeh. I like the old invasions a bit more. Also fully agree on rares, should be optinal to farm them, but when its tied to many mounts and stuff it does not feel like it is.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Everyone with at least half a brain knew that 9.1 was going to be dogshit. This isnt a surprise.

My take so far: Several (indeed OP) specs have been nerfed, but Blizzard style, which means they have not been balanced but have literally been nerfed "to the ground".

An endless stream of quests, although luckily (big points to blizzard here) you can skip most of the (Korthia!) campaign on alts and there seem to be only 3 dailies to do plus the covenant assault.

All new features and bonusses are once again time gated and require weeks and months to unlock, or are random drops like soulbinds.

The new Torghast system is not really fun to play when you constantly have to check on your second monitor the goals for the bonus points. Do you need to do them? I have no idea. Will it make later runs easier because you can unlock some perks earlier? No idea, so the most efficient way to play it is to try to complete them until the system gets clearer.

Super huge. I just do Choreghast and the 3 quick dailies and I'm done.

PTR had been live for months.... We KNEW what were were and were not getting. How was any of this a surprise to you? With your post count you are ALL OVER this website so you cant even claim you didn't see the info.

Not sure why you were hyped for this patch. Most of us knew it was going to awful awhile back.

Anyway SPEAK WITH YOUR MONEY and stop paying these assholes who have made nothing but trash since legion. The only language they know is $$$$, so the only way we can speak with them is by refusing to purchase anything they offer.

I'm enjoying it. Torghast is way better than it was imo. Korthia is fine too, I don't mind that its small.

Something that was worth the hype Blizzard did include in their own press. 8 months of waiting.
    So you were waiting for 9.1 since before Shadowlands came out?

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Torghast is annoying. I don't hate the new structure, but wtf is with the scoring system.

I like how they say in the survival guide that now you can die on torghast and continue!

Big effin lie! You could die 4 times before. If you die once now you can just exit, you run is f***ed. You are not gonna get enough points to unlick the next level.

You only need to score 160 once per layer then you can ignore scoring system entirely

And dying once doesn't ruin anything i died by accident yesterday and got 180+ points without even trying to minmax it

@OP You're a huge letdown.

Sanctum of Domination and Tazavesh isn't even out yet???? The meat and potatoes of 9.1 doesn't even come until next week.