Page 1 of 22
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question To those who aren't playing WoW, what would have to change to resub?

Just a general curiosity of what would have to change to make you resubscribe to WoW
    The world is an unfair, unjust, uncaring place, get used to it.

Make Blizzard great again.

Wont happen though because all the good Blizzard people left. Retail is just Activision milking everything dry before even the last pet battler or transmog farmer realizes that WoW is dead. Its clear to everyone that Blizzard doesnt give a single shit about retail anymore.

Releasing content worthy of the longest first patch wait in WoW history.

Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    Make Blizzard great again.

Wont happen though because all the good Blizzard people left. Retail is just Activision milking everything dry before even the last pet battler or transmog farmer realizes that WoW is dead. Its clear to everyone that Blizzard doesnt give a single shit about retail anymore.
    that reply had zero value

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Releasing content worthy of the longest first patch wait in WoW history.
    neither this one

7+ Year Old Account
    Stop making systems that last only 1 expansion and stop gating flying. I am sure there is more.

Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post

- - - Updated - - -

neither this one
    Neither this one.
    Inbefore "Neither this one."

On Topic: Checked the patch, gave a quick look at the new area, did the daily stuff and the gated stuff. Then closed the game when on the day after it was basically all the same chores that made me quit Shadowlands in the first place.

Honestly no idea what has to change and how. It's simply not enjoyable. And that's why I am a customer and not a developer.
    Last edited by Darkeon; 2021-07-02 at 07:31 PM.

- - - Updated - - -

neither this one
    He’s not wrong though. They literally announce a 6 month sub mount right on queue with just about every patch.

@Darkeon
    well the question wasnt directed at me
    Last edited by mojusk; 2021-07-02 at 07:33 PM.

@Darkeon
    well the question wasnt directed at me
    I would say it kinda was since you are spending free time browsing nerdy forums, answering questions that you deem are not meant to be directed at you, instead of enjoying the new patch.

So, in short, what would need to change for you to not feel compelled to Alt-Tab to MMOC, especially on the first days of a new content patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Benchwarmers898 View Post
    Just a general curiosity of what would have to change to make you resubscribe to WoW
    The trigger for my next sub will be the end of all timegates for this patch. So, about 2 months from now.

The old go to would be "just improve" but at this point? honestly end WoW and start a new mmo which is never going to happen. But we have beaten every villain the rts games and vanilla established including the universes satan analogue and now its turning into a zombie ip where as long as its got enough money coming in there will always be a new anime power tier that was the real big bad all along until it becomes a loot pinata and the camera pulls pack one more scale to a bigger bad.

Setting aside a certain writers cringe simping for sylvanas and self inserting as nathanos which is indeed cringe as *fuck* it just kind of feels pointless at this point. Sargeras is done. The old gods are done. They can insert stuff like "void lords" to try and excuse selling more boxes and keeping the sub going but at the end of the day its just factory farming subs with "authorised fan fiction" at this point. The devs who made the monster success are gone, the writers are gone, their stories are all wrapped up.

The better question at this point is what keeps wow still worth playing as the angry bald man collects the infinity stones while elf hitler did nothing wrong? this is the WoW afterlife? this is the big bad behind everything all along? so then what happens when he is done? just another future loot pinata that was the real threat, but this time CHAMPION its the real threat to azeroth?

we've been through like 20 apocalypses in 17 years minimum. That comes a point where its all just numb for lack of a better word. Why should i care anymore when the developers don't seem to?

For full disclosure, I do plan on resubbing after 9.1.5 is released and I can complete the content in its fullest form instead of waiting through two months of subs for the same content.

That said, if Blizzard wanted me to resub on patch day a couple of things need to change. First off, content that respects my time. Instead of arbitrarily extending play time, just make content that I can just sit down and play through at my pace instead of the pace the team decides.

More open world content than just WQs and one-off events here and there. Look, I get WoW is dungeons, raids, and M+, but those things are only so engaging. After a while you want to do something else that makes the MMO aspect relevant again.

And a massive reduction in World of Systemscraft. I'm so tired of this mound of systems dumped on top of us every expansion and patch, I just want to play the damn game, I don't want deal with all the extra shit we have to wade through. Leggos are boring, choreghast is exactly that, conduits mean fuck all, conduit energy is stupid, renown serves no purpose other than to agitate, Anima isn't worth grinding until all the catch ups are in. So on and so forth.

Not really sure it's possible anymore, actually. I still love MMOs but WoW's direction seems to be more about end game, min/max, progression systems etc and I play MMOs for character building, crafting, chilling, exploration, lore.

ESO seems like a better fit for me for now. At least until something better comes along. If Blizzard makes a new MMO or WoW has a seismic shift in their design then I'll play them.

An entire shift in management, including philosophy.

I just disagree with the seasonal aspect of the game, and would prefer less seasonal focus over overarching expansion focus.

I also really hate the writing of the game. Not the writers themselves as they are just people but I’m not a fan of their work at all

Also, less focus on the store. Make every single store mount available for an in game achievement rather than a cheap way to raise quarterly revenue

Quote Originally Posted by Selah View Post
    For full disclosure, I do plan on resubbing after 9.1.5 is released and I can complete the content in its fullest form instead of waiting through two months of subs for the same content.

That said, if Blizzard wanted me to resub on patch day a couple of things need to change. First off, content that respects my time. Instead of arbitrarily extending play time, just make content that I can just sit down and play through at my pace instead of the pace the team decides.

More open world content than just WQs and one-off events here and there. Look, I get WoW is dungeons, raids, and M+, but those things are only so engaging. After a while you want to do something else that makes the MMO aspect relevant again.

And a massive reduction in World of Systemscraft. I'm so tired of this mound of systems dumped on top of us every expansion and patch, I just want to play the damn game, I don't want deal with all the extra shit we have to wade through. Leggos are boring, choreghast is exactly that, conduits mean fuck all, conduit energy is stupid, renown serves no purpose other than to agitate, Anima isn't worth grinding until all the catch ups are in. So on and so forth.
    Exactly this.

Instead of focusing on a temporary system like conduits / renown, why aren't they just updating core systems that have fallen by the wayside? Crafting hasn't been good since probably BC (specialities like weaponsmithing and crafting Dragonstrike and stuff).

Housing is non existent but can be a PERMANENT addition to the game. Revamp talents and classes, bring back glyphs. Like the core game needs fundamental rehabilitation and they keep spending all of their time designing systems that just go away in 2years.

Sylvanas Warchief again

I think it's beyond a recovery at this point.

The main issue is the game has become too bloated and their design/gameplay concepts are clearly set in stone for Blizz and they aren't able to get out of this rut of terrible design philosophy.
    More so than the lack of flexibility which has become worse in recent years, it seems they've become creatively drained. New systems are just old systems, the systems that players don't want aren't even interesting, they are just rehashes of older systems the players already didn't want. Blizz can't even identify it's the systems players don't want, not that the systems are half baked and poorly balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    I would say it kinda was since you are spending free time browsing nerdy forums, answering questions that you deem are not meant to be directed at you, instead of enjoying the new patch.

So, in short, what would need to change for you to not feel compelled to Alt-Tab to MMOC, especially on the first days of a new content patch?
    cant play atm, im in a train amw home to play the game. i didnt answer any questions, im just interested in hearing what players think would make the game better.. but the first 2 responses were "stop making the game bad!"

At this point it'd have to be some sort of MASSIVE revamp of some of the core systems.

I second the opinion of people that expansion systems have outlived their usefulness, and have become more chore than fun or engaging.

In short, the central problem is this: I want to do things because they're fun to do, not because they gate my access to things that are fun to do. Having to clear the same Torghast floors week on week on every character just to keep up with legendaries I need to compete in raiding... that's not fun. The competing in raiding part is fun - the things I have to do to allow that are not. If you insist on gating things behind other things (and that CAN have a purpose and reason), then make sure those are also fun things. Don't gate fun behind non-fun; and don't pretend that doing 10 WQs of trivial minigame X or collecting 10 bear asses is "fun".

Yes, I realize that's a difficult problem to solve. Making things fun is hard work. But that's, you know, what we pay Blizzard for. And if they're not delivering, I personally simply choose to not pay them. That's why I haven't subbed for quite some time, and have no plans to resub anytime soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ever since legion it's been a downhill spiral, For me at least when tanks were capping at almost 20 million HP and DPS was around 3 million, it felt amazing, wielding the most powerful artifacts in the WoW Universe and taking down a literal baby titan was amazing....then we get BFA....and the whole shitshow with azerite armor just turned me off, I left in 8.1.5 and didn't look back. I came back with SL and didn't even make it 2 months before I quit again. Honestly with me, Bring back the legion system of artifacts, and artifact skins and let us explore other planets or FULLY explore all of azeroth.

I know some won't agree with my reasoning, but that is my opinion and you don't have to agree with it.
    The world is an unfair, unjust, uncaring place, get used to it.