Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Metrox View Post
    All it would take would be for Blizzard/Ion to give Mythic Legion Raids a substantial damage multiplier and adjust some bosses to allow solo fighting. Ion has stated in interviews earlier that it would "be late in the expansion before mythic Legion raids can be done by most players." Farming older raids was one of my main interests. I am done with everything that I need up to Legion so changing the current "8X" multiplier to one resembling ICC or ToT or HFC would make me bring back 3 accounts.
    I don't know why they built in the legacy mode for so long only to randomly kneecap it later on. Just feels like one of the many weird changes they've gone ahead with.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Only way for me to feel like I could actively play again, is if Blizzard made all the "grinds" account wide. I enjoy gearing up alts and shit, but this constant need to be grinding out AP is just sucking any fun out of it for me :P.
    Granted, I'm probably just burnt out in general, so even that might not fix it! ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    A bigger focus on the world as opposed to Raids and M+. Professions made to be actually somewhat useful again instead of kneecapping them with the 1-equip limit. A focus on the story that doesn't immediately alter every piece of lore it touches. I will probably come back to check out the patches later on, but mostly waiting for next expansion and playing FFXIV.

Quote Originally Posted by Metrox View Post
    All it would take would be for Blizzard/Ion to give Mythic Legion Raids a substantial damage multiplier and adjust some bosses to allow solo fighting. Ion has stated in interviews earlier that it would "be late in the expansion before mythic Legion raids can be done by most players." Farming older raids was one of my main interests. I am done with everything that I need up to Legion so changing the current "8X" multiplier to one resembling ICC or ToT or HFC would make me bring back 3 accounts.
    Also this, if they want people to be forced to group up for old content then just say it so i know not to bother. Solo farming mounts and mogs is some of the most fulfilling stuff for a lot of people.

Nice try Bobby, you ain't hooking me again you bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by Benchwarmers898 View Post
    Just a general curiosity of what would have to change to make you resubscribe to WoW
    I don't know. Honest answer. I'm leaning more towards MMOs just not being what I'm looking for, as my entertainment option. If it was, I'd probably try another one.

My still following the game is more "I can't look away from the car crash" than anything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raggun View Post
    Nice try Bobby, you ain't hooking me again you bastard.
    But....But...Your wallet has AT LEAST 80$ in it for the 6 month sub package WITH A MOUNT!
    The world is an unfair, unjust, uncaring place, get used to it.

Just a general curiosity of what would have to change to make you resubscribe to WoW
    They would have to invent a time machine and erase my memories to get my passion for this game back,times change...first i was thinking its maybe because of all the systems and me not enjoying to strugle with so many wipes for progression with ever increasing raid difficulty anymore

but...then classic came and i realised i dont enjoy that either as much as i used to

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Not really sure it's possible anymore, actually. I still love MMOs but WoW's direction seems to be more about end game, min/max, progression systems etc and I play MMOs for character building, crafting, chilling, exploration, lore.

ESO seems like a better fit for me for now. At least until something better comes along. If Blizzard makes a new MMO or WoW has a seismic shift in their design then I'll play them.
    Same. I was expecting SL to be the alternating good expansion, now I'm thinking maybe WoW's design philosophy just isn't anything I care to play anymore. Should they continue the direction they've been going, I don't foresee myself subbing for any length of time in the future and I'd already quit buying expansions at release after WoD.

I adored ESO, I think it's the best MMO on the market, but couldn't get my SO into it so we're trying FFXIV now.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post

Found the closet case.
    there is a fair point to be made in spite of the obvious pointless phobia. having gay characters and other various real world political issues show up in a fantasy world without any real reason for it breaks immersion. i'm all for inclusion and unity but shoving a gay character in a story where it doesn't actually mean anything doesn't help anyone. at best, it's ignored by the main crowd and raged about by the other crowd.

Honestly I don't think I'll return without massive changes to how they develop the game. I've given them plenty of chances to get it together over the years, but things like what 9.1 released as are why I'm not playing. A zone 1/3rd the size of Bastion, a raid that HEAVILY punishes your raid for having melee, a small new dungeon(in comparison to previous mega-dungeons in scale and quality), next to no class tuning, time investment spent on a feature that players want nothing to do with(torghast). Until they learn to listen to feedback and show a track record of listening, I won't return to the game. I'm having a much better time with ffxiv, at least the game doesn't feel like a chore every time I choose to log in outside of raid hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    that reply had zero value

- - - Updated - - -

neither this one
    Your reply holds zero merit as well, stop being a forum troll kid.
    Insanity is repeating the same action and expecting different results. *Cough, Blizzard!, COUGH*

My relationship status. If the wife and I were to divorce, I'd probably start playing WoW again at some point.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Menolikeu View Post
    Your reply holds zero merit as well, stop being a forum troll kid.
    you shouldn't engage such an obvious troll. just report and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Releasing content worthy of the longest first patch wait in WoW history.
    100% true and nothing less than fair.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Karlz0rz View Post
    Only way for me to feel like I could actively play again, is if Blizzard made all the "grinds" account wide. I enjoy gearing up alts and shit, but this constant need to be grinding out AP is just sucking any fun out of it for me :P.
    Granted, I'm probably just burnt out in general, so even that might not fix it! ^^
    Shadowlands was continuously billed as a "alt friendly" and even if I grade that point with an immense curve, there is no f'ing way Shadowlands is alt friendly.

1. Remove Pathfinder/Flying Restrictions - Pay gold and you have it.
    2. Remove borrowed power systems and add all abilities to the class, combine ability effects if needed to avoid bloat.
    3. Time-gated quests need to end; The 6+week or whatever unlock it was for twisting corridor is what put me over the edge to unsub
    4. More sources to farm anima, world drops, random from harvest, 100% drop from all dungeon bosses, rewards from torghast, etc.

No more roadblocks; when the game experience is so poor that I don't even want to finish it on my main, it's a huge problem. I didn't even touch alts on shadowslands... All the gates just feels like a complete nightmare and I'm over it; so many better games to play so.... when WoW is fun to play again maybe I'll come back. WoW feels like a cage that keeps getting smaller and smaller to the point you can't move and make your own path.

me being able to install the launcher would be a nice start
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

My wish list is not at all realistic but you asked so here it goes:

Give Arthas a larger role. End Sylvanas' story already. To say it has dragged on FAR TOO LONG would be a MASSIVE understatement. The only reason they give her this much exposure is because of sex appeal, but as a character, she's been overexposed, pun not intended. Arthas is the character on whose shoulders WoW literally STANDS. He made Warcraft III and Wrath of the Lich King, the most popular RTS and WoW expansions the success they were. If you're going to overexpose anyone, at least do it with your most popular character and stop catering to the niche fantasizing about the oversexualized undead pretty elf with bondage overtones. It's not even marketable to a mature, intelligible audience, good grief.

Necromancer class. This is Shadowlands. The expansion about DEATH. I really don't care that we already have Death Knights, that was a Wrath feature. Don't give me sh*t and tell me it's chocolate pudding. It's an EXPANSION. Expand it by adding MORE classes. They provide REPLAY VALUE and a new gameplay perspective to experience your repetitive quests and leveling zones that don't change other than aesthetically.

Legion was partly awesome because it was all about Illidan and everything else was fluff around him. Shadowlands is supposed to be the same, make it all about Arthas and have him choking a bitch (Sylvanas) or two (Jailer) and feature him prominently. It sells. Stop trying to be innovative with your pedestrian soap opera quality story with shite Covenants and forgettable d-bag characters you won't use beyond 10.0 (and you know this) and that fans won't care to remember thereafter.

I wake up and it's 2005 again which even then I might pass on that

Quote Originally Posted by Karlz0rz View Post
    I get that SL may not allow you to get your alts catch up to your main within a week, but when people mention that a thing like an "AP grind" exists I can't help but scratch my head. Anima is nothing like Legion Artifact Power or BfA Azerite, it's not something that you'd benefit from grinding unless you're into collecting transmogs or mounts. You just need 1000 anima per week to get your weekly level of Renown, and you don't need to go out of your way to get it, you can just keep doing dungeons, raids, PvP or whatever it is that you'd normally do if anima didn't exist, and you'd get your Renown. Also worth mentioning that Renown has a robust catchup system that doesn't involve grinding Anima, you can get it from most casual and end-game activities people do in this expansion. Ditto with the Soul Ash "grind", you don't really benefit from obsessively grinding soul ash week after week, your Rank 1 Legendary's effect is as strong as the Rank 4 one, all you get from upgrading is a slight ilvl improvement. That's one of the "grinds" that you can substantially get over on the first week of getting your alt to lvl 60, even calling it a grind is a stretch. The expansion is far from perfect, but I think the need to grind anything at all is overstated.

The reveal that would get me excited at Blizzcon would be culture identity in our kits.

We cast the same looking stuff no matter the culture. Night elf priest’s spells and abilities should be moonlight inspired, with radiant beams and glows and moon wells/statues. Not old god or whatever.

Race-specific, culture-appropriate spell and ability visuals, animations and sound effects.

Sun walkers and seers, Tauren ‘paladins’ and sun priests, should have sunlit and warm themes. Calling golden firebirds down from the sky that sail toward the target, animations that have them kneeling playfully, calling a warm sunbeam to heal, manifesting a fire whip, fiery feathers and sunny animals, drum beats during some abilities for sound effects etc

Night elf Druid’s tranquillity calls the calm of night to the sound of woodland growls or cricket chirps, or to the dreamy plucks of harp strings. And their efflorescence places a lantern that calls a moonbeam or a gently hooting owl soaring around, or to the soothing sounds of a relaxing wind chime.

While a tauren’s tranquility may be to play a wood pipe or raise a magical leaf or feather into the air and call an inspiriting whirlwind of colorful leaves or flowers, refreshing the weary, and their efflorescence could be to kneel or beat a drum to grow a patch of meadow grass or wheat that grows and heals.

A highmountain Tauren’s tranquility could be be playing a pine flute carved from the branch of a pine tree, which calls the snowy winds down from the mountain, reinvigorating friends, and for efflorescence they toss a pine one or magical seed to the area and a small pine tree sprouts upward and grows while refreshing, cool scented winds, or eagles soar around.

Orc shamanism should have ancestral graphics or be more primal, and blow through a horn for some abilities, and animations are more mighty. While a troll’s should be more jungly or voodooy, with frog sounds echoing and beads and agile jerky movements.

All these cultures that blizzard has created yet does little with.

They could even keep the default visuals for those who want to use them.

Our peoples would have their own version of these arts, based on each race and culture’s beliefs, traditions, ideals, landscapes, histories, affinities, etc, not just forms and totems.

Nightborne mages animation should move more elegantly like olden day French dance and etiquette, and be more night themed with stars swirling within their dusky spells, and be accompanied by hovering tomes that flit through their pages and quills that scribble in the air, while melee animations would have a flare skin to fencing maneuvers.

Blizzard could overhaul this over time like updated models and trickle them in which would be exciting or all at once as an expansion feature. It needs to be done, I’m a long time player but this is the only thing that a Blizzcon reveal would get me excited for.

New playable races aren’t exciting because the class copy pastes every other race’s/culture’s spells and abilities onto them, no identity, what’s the point of being excited for arakkoa, naga, ogre, ethereal, dragon, etc, if they get the same exact visuals and graphics as not their own culture’s, forsaking and betraying the history and traditions and beliefs and adeptness and development of a race’s/culture’s honed version of their art, as well as us players, and missing a necessary opportunity?

This would be truly exciting and breath life we haven’t seen in the game for a long time, and into upcoming blizzcons and expansions.
    Last edited by dunkl; 2021-07-03 at 05:11 AM.