Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    You only need to score 160 once per layer then you can ignore scoring system entirely

And dying once doesn't ruin anything i died by accident yesterday and got 180+ points without even trying to minmax it
    Cool... let me know all the strats cause there is no way that works with me. It's not like the game gives me a list of objectives to maximize points.
    Best i got so far is 170 something with no deaths.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    What? No... 2nd run, died once, still got 5 crystals...

you have different amount of stacks of this buff depending on group size. Last night I went with 2 friends, we had 3 stacks, now I have one stack... i assume it's 1 per player.
    Yeah... i was talking about solo play.

I'm starting to see a theme here. Partying up makes it easier. But, i like the solo challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Trazzle View Post
    @OP You're a huge letdown.
    People complaining as if what we got was some huge surprise that we weren't expecting after months on the PTR.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    New torghast system re-vamp that is way worse than the originale. Now you haft to spend more time pr. run to clear all mobs, loot all the crap AND! do it on a strict timer WHILE! remembering this bonus crap that is more convoluted than many recently added systems in wow: https://imgur.com/a/2uZ9gDG - You get more punished to fuck up in Torghast now than a mythic+
    Unless I'm mistaken, the main point system is for bonus stages. There is the potential to block some progression by requiring a minimum score, but that's simply to ensure people don't hit brick walls by going to too high a level and is, frankly, not that hard to get. I don't even like Torghast and can see that the changes are improvements, just not the ones that would be preferred (i.e.: I think a Torghast that focuses more on mechanical difficulty and partial rewards in case of failure would be better than having the scoring system and forcing people to push through; completion should be the prerequisite for progression, not scoring).

Korthia is about the smallest zone added to wow in some time. Smaller than even Mechagon I think. While it has few rares thats rarely up, with again more insane no-life mounts, that even I, cant be bothered to hope to get. On top of that it seems they gated some of the easier mounts like the egg one you need 6 off.
    Larger and better are not the same. That said, I agree that Korthia feels lacking.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post

Yeah... i was talking about solo play.

I'm starting to see a theme here. Partying up makes it easier. But, i like the solo challenge.
    I agree on that it's more fun as solo.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    Unless I'm mistaken, the main point system is for bonus stages. There is the potential to block some progression by requiring a minimum score, but that's simply to ensure people don't hit brick walls by going to too high a level and is, frankly, not that hard to get. I don't even like Torghast and can see that the changes are improvements, just not the ones that would be preferred (i.e.: I think a Torghast that focuses more on mechanical difficulty and partial rewards in case of failure would be better than having the scoring system and forcing people to push through; completion should be the prerequisite for progression, not scoring).
    Just throwing it out there, we don't know if you need to get 4 stars to "unlock" the next layer yet. That's how it worked on the PTR but it hasn't been confirmed yet.

I cancelled my sub for the first time since the launch of the game. World of Warcraft has become a shell of what it once was.

Blizzard has taken what has been the best MMORPG in the world and turned it into a game that I wouldn't play for free. Even during the times I was not playing much I kept an active subscription. I liked to hop back in the game now and then, see what has changed, play a bit and talk to friends of mine who used to work at Blizzard as Developers.

Over the years playing the game I became a developer myself(in Montreal), became friends with many people at Blizzard (most of which have quit), moved on from game dev and opened my own company.

The fact is although the developers care about the game, the people in charge don't. Many of the people in charge at Blizzard don't play the game, have never really played the game or started playing it only after being hired.

What was once a game that great features could get put into through passion of the developers. Has become a corporate mess. Passing ideas through the filters of people who have no creativity and are in their position based on seniority in the industry and not talent. This has happened to many game studios over the years, and Blizzard is just the latest to fall victim to it.

We have all seen the posts and videos of former developers who warned the game is going in a terrible direction with the prime goal of making as much money off the player as possible, not creating a fun and enjoyable experience.

I understand a lot of people on this websites entire identity is World of Warcraft. They feel personally attacked when people don't like the game as if they are the game themselves.

Player count is dropping, I wouldn't even put it as a top four MMO anymore. A new expansion won't change anything. Each expansion has gotten progressively worse. We know they won't put features in we have asked for, for a decade. Features that have been in other games for 21 years.

Time to move on people.

Quote Originally Posted by Beuargh View Post
    imagine there is wow players not really interested in raiding or M+. MIND BLOWING
    what's that going to change?

if you enjoy raiding, you will continue raiding. if you enjoy m+, you will continue m+.

the thing a patch has to do to be considered good is all about the side content it provides, which is very uninspired this time.

the dungeon will no doubt be good, but let's be honest, just like kara/mechagon you'll just do a few times and then ignore it until it becomes m+ next patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Boddhi View Post
    Well, latest since Cyberpunk 2077 every gamer should not trust in anything software companies promise. Was also quite obvious that a) Korthia will be just another daily/weekly chore pit b) there will be a new Raid in usual quality and c) all the rest stays pretty much as it is. I'd expect people they either resub for the raid or not at all.
    Idk. I played Cyberpunk on pc and I loved the shit out of it. I had basically 0 bugs in it.
    The 3 dh spec is increíble.

What pissesme off the horrendous torghast bug. Yesterday as a group we had 2 runs.
    first try, although the first floor was just a move straight corridor and we killed destroyed everything, we have %65 completion.
    we went out and resetted it, only for this time on the 4th floor the same bug happened and we got %65 completion again after killing everything.
    resulting in 3 star result.

how come such a common bug went live is fucking unbelievable. Torgast is already a terrible place and this bug gave me headache yesterday. I want to play the game but it was better to log off and forget.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    what's that going to change?

if you enjoy raiding, you will continue raiding. if you enjoy m+, you will continue m+.

the thing a patch has to do to be considered good is all about the side content it provides, which is very uninspired this time.

the dungeon will no doubt be good, but let's be honest, just like kara/mechagon you'll just do a few times and then ignore it until it becomes m+ next patch.
    Idk, I had a lot, A LOT of fun with Kara 2.0, but Mechagon bored me to tears. I think it's one of the worst dungeons ever released, but to each its own. As for Taz... The jury is still out on that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Oh look another "we hate wow" circlejerk thread. Havent seen one of those in the last 5minutes.
    Yet here you are. Must like being the one in the middle, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    Bad content is bad content. No matter how much or how little of it their is. The fact that you are still defending blizzard only shows your addiction to a game that you have so much time investment in...you refuse to give it up. And defend its bad quality and lack of content (GOOD CONTENT) to your dying breathe.
    or, bear with me, they have different opinion on content! imagine that, people that dont have the same opinion as you exist!

15+ Year Old Account
    It does feel like it's very late. Feels like 9.0 was released ages ago. And so little content as well. Not worth subbing imo. Unless the loot from the 5 man is significantly better than my current gear, which is unlikely.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    Why even bother with retail wow at this point? There are so many better ways to spend your free time.
    seems like most people who dont enjoy retail chosen to spend it on mmo-c whining about how they dont enjoy retail and how it sucks and how nobody likes it etc...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by inafume View Post
    The best part about this is that the gear only goes up to 226 (I think), but upgrading to rank 5 is gated by renown 61, and rank 6 is gated by renown 75!

If we're only getting 2 renown per week, that's like 4 months to even unlock the rank 6 upgrade.

- - - Updated - - -

Gruul's Lair, Magtheridon, and Sartharion are all basically world bosses inside an instance. I don't necessarily disagree with your concern, but Cataclysm was the first one with multiple "lengthy" raids. And then only MOP followed suit.

WOD, Legion, BFA all had one raid at release.
    wrath had 3 raids too - two raids with single boss and one raid that was just remake...

but i love the "delivered more per patch than this team does in half an expac" when taling about old expansions
    like remember ulduar patch when we get raid and few daily q in already existing zone?
    or next patch, tournament when we get tiny raid and tiny dungeon (IN THE SAME ROOM) and that was it?
    more in patch than in half expansion now my ass that guy is delusional...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Nah, old patches had raid and dungeon, and raid and dungeon, and raid and dungeon and raid and dungeon.

See, 4 times what we have now if you put some effort in!
    to be fair old patches usualy didnt have just "a 5man and a raid", they usualy had only one of those
    in BC only last patch had dungeon,
    in wotlk tournament and icc but tournament was literaly the SAME room for dungeon and tiny raid
    in cata again just last patch had both
    in pandaria no patch had both, neither in draenor
    in legion we got dungeon each patch
    and in bfa back to once per expansion

I kinda ejoy 9.1 so far, but I play wow very little in my spare time. I haven't even done most of the 9.0 stuff so I have a lot to do still. I guess that what makes wow still exciting to me, I'm not burned out and bored like most of the Players.

Quote Originally Posted by kodemonkee View Post
    Funny that other companies didn't suffer from the pandemic situation and released stuff. Movies were released, tripple A games were released.
    funny, most of movies and games WERE delayed...

FFX is my favourite example, as mmo its closest to wow, they indeed released content in the meantime... BUT! thats bcs they release small more frequent patches...
    if you actualy check the release schedule compared to previous expansions they are over 130days behind the last ("slowest") release schedule... that seems to be even more than WoW (bcs there is like no hell of a chance we would get raid patch 3months into expansion)

10+ Year Old Account
    WHO cares about new world zones we do need more dungeons. Korthia is just catch up gear zone nithin else.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Just end the movie argument. Movies are one of the most impacted entertainment areas there is.
    They all have to be on set with a hundreds of people (excluding anime, animated).
    and yet animated series were affected too, one im watching should by previous schedule get new season roughly august/september 2020, and we are just NOW getting it, and at slower speed so it will be all released roughly a year later...

Quote Originally Posted by Bladesyphon View Post
    Six.

You waited six months. November to June is six. I know, math is difficult, but try to keep up here.
    Seven.

You waited seven months. November to June is seven. I know, math is difficult, but try to keep up here.

Quote Originally Posted by Beuargh View Post
    imagine there is wow players not really interested in raiding or M+. MIND BLOWING
    The crazy thing to me is these kind of players who only do 5-10% of the content in the game, fully skipping raids, dungeons, battlegrounds and arena have the audacity to complain there is "nothing to do" when in reality they are choosing to not do it. Kinda like going to a big buffet for lunch and choosing to only eat olives and then complaining "there is no food here".

It's even more absurd when the "nothing to do" people instead champion TBC classic or Wotlk classic when the game had even less to do outside raids/dungeons/bgs/arena than it has now.