Thread: Euro 2020

Page 61 of 97 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringefest View Post
    Truly shameful.

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure exactly what your point is with Immobile. He didn't even get a penalty, have you watched any of the games this euro, they do that all the time, why is this somehow different, or worthy of being noticed?
    I'm not saying it's just Immobile, I'm saying everyone that does this should be punished. i'm not even talking about him not getting a penalty, the fact that he faked injury should be enough for a yellow.
    I'm talking about it now because it has been an absurd amount of times seeing that shit, and this Immobile video I shared demonstrates how rotten football is atm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marleycat View Post
    It should do that is the rules but the problem is making the judgement on whether a player is injured, Is the referee qualified to do that? I mean when that guy snapped his Achilles today we couldnt know at the time if he was injured or not, 30 minutes later in hospital hes diagnosed. Punishment can only really happen in hindsight,. It is a terrible part of the game and something needs to be done, I cant believe players seem to be happy to sell their credibility to waste 30 seconds.

In the USA "soccer" has the reputation for faking and diving and the players are considered weak as sportsmen, I find it hard to defend after watching some of the stuff over the last few days, the authorities need to be more robust with upholding the rules, I imagine there would have been a whole lot less faking today if the player could find out tomorrow, sorry you cant play in the semi final. but they have little fear of repercussions so keep doing it.
    I mean, if you see a guy rolling on the floor holding his leg like it was broken in 10 places, only for him to get up 5 seconds later and start running to celebrate with his friends... What's there to judge, straight up yellow for any Bs like that.

The Immobile video was a flagrant case, but there's so many on almost every game. Faking injury to stop the game, slow the game, get some breather. It's a "tactic" used nowadays and I hate it.
    Last edited by WarBringerPT; 2021-07-02 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WarBringerPT View Post
    I'm not saying it's just Immobile, I'm saying everyone that does this should be punished. i'm not even talking about him not getting a penalty, the fact that he faked injury should be enough for a yellow.
    I'm talking about it now because it has been an absurd amount of times seeing that shit, and this Immobile video I shared demonstrates how rotten football is atm.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, if you see a guy rolling on the floor holding his leg like it was broken in 10 places, only for him to get up 5 seconds later and start running to celebrate with his friends... What's there to judge, straight up yellow for any Bs like that.

The Immobile video was a flagrant case, but there's so many on almost every game. Faking injury to stop the game, slow the game, get some breather. It's a "tactic" used nowadays and I hate it.
    So far this euros are pretty tame compared to other events. Refereeing has been pretty good with only a handful of controversial decisions. We just witnessed a great game between two really strong teams, with some great football from both sides. This is far from rotten.

At the end of the day, if referees don't fall for it, players only end up looking ridiculous. I totally agree though there should be a yellow card for diving. Not sure this is the perfect example for it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Sport is about winning and faking injuries is not against the rules.
    From Law 12 - Fouls and Misconduct

CAUTIONS FOR UNSPORTING BEHAVIOUR

There are different circumstances when a player must be cautioned for unsporting behaviour including if a player:
    attempts to deceive the referee e.g. by feigning injury or pretending to have been fouled (simulation)

https://www.thefa.com/football-rules...and-misconduct

Right there in the laws of the game.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, if you see a guy rolling on the floor holding his leg like it was broken in 10 places, only for him to get up 5 seconds later and start running to celebrate with his friends... What's there to judge, straight up yellow for any Bs like that. Plus a yellow and time added.

I think they should have to stand on the sidelines the amount of time they were rolling around on the floor and their team plays a man down for that time period. Would stop this non-sense.

There's a way to avoid all the drama. Play better so you win. Then it's you who can be rolling on the floor.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, cases like Immobile are easy to judge. Any1 remember Busquets rolling on the ground a few years ago, covering his face, then he shows his face and he's totally fine?
    Stuff like this BS or feigning getting hit by an adversary should be analyzed by the VAR and punished on the spot, if not on the spot right after the game. Letting them get away with this is making ppl think "it's part of the game", when it's against the rules, unfair, makes ppl mock football for the divers and fake-injuries like today.
    If feigning a penalty gives you a yellow, why doesn't feigning an injury give you a yellow as well...
    These are super rare examples, but adrenaline and all the painkillers half the players are running on can do weird things. Take Spanizzolla again, it took his team mates and medical staff to be like ‘dude, you’re really fucking seriously hurt, lie the fuck down’. Then he gets booed by the crowd, and abuse from Belgium players for wasting time.

Then often you get fouls not given when a player tries to stay on their feet.

I don’t think matches should be re-refereed beyond the existing violent conduct rules, and taking a yellow after the game isn’t going to do shit to stop it any more than taking one in games stops tactical fouls or diving in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    I wonder where the person who was crying about another team diving against Italy in a previous match is reacting to the nation that basically invented diving in football perfected it once more.
    Just because Italians invented diving doesn't mean they weren't on the receiving end against Austria. Maybe not specifically diving, though there was some, but the referee was giving out fouls for nothing for Austria and didn't whistle for Italy on multiple occassions in that match. Austrians couldn't handle the technique and speed of Italians, so they had no choice but to foul, but they were getting away with it all match long. It's also why Italians looked poor in this match, hard to play their style against opponents more interested in their legs and shirts than the ball.

That doesn't mean the show Italians have put up in the last 20 minutes (plus obviously the Immobile bonus performance earlier) yesterday was fine. I'd call it disgusting, but I'm an Italy-leaning neutral and had a great laugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

I think that Italy will be the champion of Euro 2020

Quote Originally Posted by cjlab9ihih View Post
    I think that Italy will be the champion of Euro 2020
    Short of a surprise, it looks as if the hardest part is behind them but who knows.

If feigning a penalty gives you a yellow, why doesn't feigning an injury give you a yellow as well...
    In the official Football Rules, it's clearly stated that anything that is done with the goal of influencing the referee should be punished by a yellow card. Like, systematically.

So yes, simulations, over-exaggeration of an existing contact, or the instant mob surrounding the referee after every single contact should be punished with a yellow card.
    The problem is that FIFA/UEFA does not want to have 25 yellow cards per match so they don't punish and that gives the result we know : un-watchable sports which is 80% acting and 20% sports.

But honestly ? Start applying the rules, suffer through 10-15 matches where every match ends with a forfeit due to 40 yellow cards being thrown in the match, and after that it'll likely calm down.
    But they won't. Mainly because they're pussies and the high instances are afraid of the multi-millionnaires superstars and their lawyers army.

It should do that is the rules but the problem is making the judgement on whether a player is injured, Is the referee qualified to do that? I mean when that guy snapped his Achilles today we couldnt know at the time if he was injured or not, 30 minutes later in hospital hes diagnosed. Punishment can only really happen in hindsight,. It is a terrible part of the game and something needs to be done, I cant believe players seem to be happy to sell their credibility to waste 30 seconds.

In the USA "soccer" has the reputation for faking and diving and the players are considered weak as sportsmen, I find it hard to defend after watching some of the stuff over the last few days, the authorities need to be more robust with upholding the rules, I imagine there would have been a whole lot less faking today if the player could find out tomorrow, sorry you cant play in the semi final. but they have little fear of repercussions so keep doing it.
    I think you can go by a "reasonable person" judgement of the situation.

If a player is rolling around on the floor in a fetal curl, I think it's reasonable to expect that to be a "real and serious injury", and if they don't subsequently disappear down the tunnel with the physios then it was clearly being simulated (or vastly overly exaggerated) and you caution them. Otherwise the team can either sub them on the spot or wait for a medical assessment in the changing room while they play a man down until the player's eventual return.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    I think you can go by a "reasonable person" judgement of the situation.

If a player is rolling around on the floor in a fetal curl, I think it's reasonable to expect that to be a "real and serious injury", and if they don't subsequently disappear down the tunnel with the physios then it was clearly being simulated (or vastly overly exaggerated) and you caution them. Otherwise the team can either sub them on the spot or wait for a medical assessment in the changing room while they play a man down until the player's eventual return.
    The ref could also stop the clock. Not sure why that doesn't happen to be honest.

Anyway, Italy won the game yesterday beyond their (fairly modest imo) antics. Belgium against Portugal was pretty much doing the same thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    In the official Football Rules, it's clearly stated that anything that is done with the goal of influencing the referee should be punished by a yellow card. Like, systematically.

So yes, simulations, over-exaggeration of an existing contact, or the instant mob surrounding the referee after every single contact should be punished with a yellow card.
    The problem is that FIFA/UEFA does not want to have 25 yellow cards per match so they don't punish and that gives the result we know : un-watchable sports which is 80% acting and 20% sports.

But honestly ? Start applying the rules, suffer through 10-15 matches where every match ends with a forfeit due to 40 yellow cards being thrown in the match, and after that it'll likely calm down.
    But they won't. Mainly because they're pussies and the high instances are afraid of the multi-millionnaires superstars and their lawyers army.
    Player welfare has to come first. You don’t want to create a situation where players end up aggravating damage and fucking themselves up for fear of punishment.

There’s enough trouble getting players to comply with concussion rules without risking the rest of their body.

Will players abuse it? Sure. But the balance is better on that side that seeing a player getting a ban for being on the wrong end of a challenge that leaves lasting damage.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2021-07-03 at 01:16 PM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osoF...channel=FTOnly

This should have been a straight red card imo.

I cant for the life of me understand why Belgium only woke up in the last 20 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osoF...channel=FTOnly

This should have been a straight red card imo.

I cant for the life of me understand why Belgium only woke up in the last 20 minutes
    It's because Italy was better across the board. They were better in defence and most importantly far superior in midfield. It's not about "waking up". It's about not being allowed to wake up cause your opposing team plays better football.

Also lol at that red card. Nothing sweeter than a sore loser

- - - Updated - - -

This generation gone, Belgium gets back in the forgotten zone. All is at peace in the universe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ukFUEI5qz8

Obviously not a red card, should definitely be punished though, even by Italian standards that was disgusting and disgraceful :'D

10+ Year Old Account
    GUYS do I gamble and put Dolberg in my dream team? nobody else got him and I'm only 1 point clear at the top... 45 minutes to decide..
    An Karanir Thanagor

10+ Year Old Account
    Tonight it's time for the pub league level of the schedule

Quote Originally Posted by Pozz View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ukFUEI5qz8

Obviously not a red card, should definitely be punished though, even by Italian standards that was disgusting and disgraceful :'D
    If you think that's disgusting and disgraceful, you haven't seen much football.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Tonight it's time for the pub league level of the schedule
    Yeah cuz that Spain Switzerland game was top quality right?

Youve tried this troll 3 times now...the salt You can get back to cheering on the Germans in about 18 months
    Last edited by Marleycat; 2021-07-03 at 04:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah cuz that Spain Switzerland game was top quality right?

Youve tried this troll 3 times now...the salt You can get back to cheering on the Germans in about 18 months
    Spain Switzerland was actually very entertaining. It's not kick and rush like you would like. And lol I'm not German, my team was in the pub league half too, and didn't make it because they were shit, try again mate.

But I'm glad you enjoyed Sweden v Ukraine, Netherlands v Czech Republic, Wales v Denmark and Germany v England
    Last edited by MCMLXXXII; 2021-07-03 at 04:20 PM.