Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    That. Also with revelation that Elune is not some God Above Gods (godly shahansha so to say) but just a disgruntled runway sister of the Winter Queen it really puts a question mark on "why shall we worship this deity?

Because in a world with so many actual gods and deities who offer various "incentives" to follow them Elune seems like one of the most fickle, petty and quirky ones.
    True, between Elune doing close to nothing during the war of the thorns, the damp squib that is the whole Night warrior thing, and her (it?) being merely the moody sister of the winter queen, i'm beginning to see the point of Night elves wondering why they're bothering worshipping Elune at all...

It's all according to plan, she deliberately had her people genocided for a greater cause, she only seemed distant because of our limited understanding of mortal beings... I give up.

10+ Year Old Account
    eLuNe Is MyStErIoUs... and her intentions will be rEvEaLeD iN tImE!

It's clear that Elune is actually Shao Kahn and she becomes more powerful with the more souls she absorbs. Soon she will be able to merge her realm with ours and achieve complete victory!

Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    It's all according to plan, she deliberately had her people genocided for a greater cause, she only seemed distant because of our limited understanding of mortal beings... I give up.
    You cant claim that gods "dont understand mortals" when death, weakness, disease, family, wealth, love and all other "mortal" concepts exist in their divine world too. They are not some "blobs of omnipotent power", they are more like Greek/Norse/Slavic gods who are essentially just "super powerful" sentient beings closer to mortals then anything.

3+ Year Old Account
    At this point I think the Night Elves should just ditch Elune and replace those Moonwells and Moon Temples into Troll Ziggurats and worship Bwonsamdi. No kidding. Maybe the Furbolgs would also find better luck in life as a race if they worship the loa instead of Elune
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

10+ Year Old Account
    You cant claim that gods "dont understand mortals" when death, weakness, disease, family, wealth, love and all other "mortal" concepts exist in their divine world too. They are not some "blobs of omnipotent power", they are more like Greek/Norse/Slavic gods who are essentially just "super powerful" sentient beings closer to mortals then anything.

And yet, Elune still remains the only god-like entity left that has not been fleshed out for this to be a fact.

And he said "our" limited understanding of mortals, not god's.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Soon she will be able to merge her realm with ours and achieve complete victory!
    Blizzard staging the next expansion on the moon would be the final nail in the coffin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    Blizzard staging the next expansion on the moon would be the final nail in the coffin.

Only if we ride gnome-made and goblin-made rocket powered cars into space while using the power of "family"

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I read an interesting theory around here that Elune is actually Danuser, hence why Elune pretends to care about the night elves, to keep them happy and loyal (and keep their players subscribed), but at the same time deeply loves Sylvanas, that's why she never does anything when Sylvanas threatens the night elves. Because she loves Sylvanas.

That's also why Elune (aka Danuser) favours women over men, prior to WoW only the Night elf women could become zealots of Elune after all.

Many believed that Nathanos was Danuser's self-insert, but it was actually Elune, who would have guessed.
    Of course, Daloser is behind it. Tyrande could have, as Taliesin pointed it out, also have saved the day and gone for the sanctum in Ardenweald rather than for Sylvanas. But again, she wasn't allowed to have a moment of power and competence - only yet another display of failure rubbed into for the nelf players.

In my opinion, from the perspective of a woman, the whole thing feels deeply mysogenistic. Nelves are the only matriarchy in the game and the devs rejoice handing them blow after blow. Putting insult to injury time and time again.

My guess is that there's actually something very petty behind it. Maybe Danuser once got rejected by a woman who was a nelf player and this and his necrophile obsession with Sylvanas is his way of "revenge". That's what it feels like to me, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    The problem is not elune per se.
    The problem is Daloser and the rest of the wow writing team.

They are elementary school dropouts who at best write stories at kindergarden level.
    At this point i am sure that they are monthly paying blizzard just so they are able to keep writing this drivel as the official story.
    Exactly, Elune has always shown to care about Tyrande and the rest of the Night Elves. She even shielded her from Vashj's attacks during the War of the Ancients.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    I think it was pretty clear that if Tyrande kept going she would have died, and Elune didn't see Tyrande being a worthy trade for Sylvanas being dead.
    It really would be a worthy trade. Killing Jailer's most powerful lieutenant and also showing that both their Goddess and High Priestess are ready to sacrifice in order to protect their people...

Now its just "life in shame and despair" for them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Of course, Daloser is behind it. Tyrande could have, as Taliesin pointed it out, also have saved the day and gone for the sanctum in Ardenweald rather than for Sylvanas. But again, she wasn't allowed to have a moment of power and competence - only yet another display of failure rubbed into for the nelf players.

In my opinion, from the perspective of a woman, the whole thing feels deeply mysogenistic. Nelves are the only matriarchy in the game and the devs rejoice handing them blow after blow. Putting insult to injury time and time again.

My guess is that there's actually something very petty behind it. Maybe Danuser once got rejected by a woman who was a nelf player and this and his necrophile obsession with Sylvanas is his way of "revenge". That's what it feels like to me, anyway.
    After all those years it really feels like some kind of personal grudge.

Night elfs throughout their history (post Azshara) were known as deeply religious and pious people, devoting much of their culture to their deity - Elune, Goddess of the Moon. However lately we start to see more and more signs of her uncaring, or even parasitic nature. It feels to me like that bond has grown extremely one-sided…

Her entire lack of care or help during their darkest hour in War of Thorns, aside from a dubious “peaceful death” granted to those stuck in the temple.

Her lack of care for their souls, which even Bwonsamdi, a relatively minor troll god could easily pull off by saving souls of his followers from the Maw.

Her “power boost” being not only unimpressive (at the start) but also downright taken away (in the last battle) at the most inopportune moment without a clear reason.

So far it feels like she cruelly toys with her followers, peak kindness of hers being a “gift” of a painless death after which your soul is plunged into the Maw.

I dont argue that Gods or Powers must always save their followers in any situation, no. But so far we have seen other “deities” in WoW achieving far more then Elune while not requring such a dogmatic following.

Then why should night elfs subject themselves to her with such fervor? There are many other powers in WoW universe that are far more reliable , reward you for devotion and generally are far better known and understood then a mysterious moon deity.

Its just comes along as a… shame. Night elfs would be better off with another deity to love and worship, they are spiritual and devote people and they deserve better then to heap praise and worship at the feet of an uncaring, aloof goddess which ignores or mocks them.
    In the battle for Ardenweald cinematic Sylvanas alludes to a deal that Elune made, one that likely prevents her from intervening against the jailer which also explains her inaction against Teldrassil, as well as her restraining of Tyrande, as well as perhaps Sylvanas' surprise at Nathanos' death at Tyrande's hands, as she may have assumed the Jailer's deal with Elune also protected him from her).

I suspect we'll see the jailer somehiw break his part of the bargain, so that Elune is free to help us obliterate him.
    Last edited by loras; 2021-07-03 at 12:43 PM.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post

To be fair, the Forsaken (twice), Kul Tirans, Alliance Pandaren and (the master race) Zandalari are all led by women.

I think the issue is that it is kinda hard to write about a mostly peace seeking race who is into the serenity of nature, in a world of WARcraft filled races that are more about battle and domination. I mean the weakest story arcs are generally around the Nelfs, Tauren and Pandaren....all for the same reason.

Having said that, for me the problem with Tyrande's current arc as it relates to gender, is that even though she is justified in her rage and quest for vengeance, it seems they are trying to show her as an emotionally uncontrolled woman, which is typical. So many other characters and story arcs are centered around vengeance and there's very few lines of dialogue about them keeping it together, like there is for Tyrande right now.

100% need more women writers guiding the story though.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    To be fair, the Forsaken (twice), Kul Tirans, Alliance Pandaren and (the master race) Zandalari are all led by women.

I think the issue is that it is kinda hard to write about a mostly peace seeking race who is into the serenity of nature, in a world of WARcraft filled races that are more about battle and domination. I mean the weakest story arcs are generally around the Nelfs, Tauren and Pandaren....all for the same reason.

Having said that, for me the problem with Tyrande's current arc as it relates to gender, is that even though she is justified in her rage and quest for vengeance, it seems they are trying to show her as an emotionally uncontrolled woman, which is typical. So many other characters and story arcs are centered around vengeance and there's very few lines of dialogue about them keeping it together, like there is for Tyrande right now.

Night elfs were not "peace seeking" , they were territorial. Not seeking expansion dosent mean being weak or peaceful.

Night elfs were not "peace seeking" , they were territorial. Not seeking expansion dosent mean being weak or peaceful.
    #1. I never said weak.
    #2. Protecting their own land is peace seeking. Pretty much all wars are about taking over territory. Trying to take territory by force is war seeking. Trying to just protect the territory you have is peace seeking, even if you fight to protect it.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

You have Golden and she is 100% focused on young, arian boys. Wouldnt be surprised if she has Nazi fetish.

Being a woman doesnt guarantee that she can write women. See Twilight.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    You have Golden and she is 100% focused on young, arian boys. Wouldnt be surprised if she has Nazi fetish.

Being a woman doesnt guarantee that she can write women. See Twilight.
    I didn't say it did 100% guarantee it.

#1. I never said weak.
    #2. Protecting their own land is peace seeking. Pretty much all wars are about taking over territory. Trying to take territory by force is war seeking. Trying to just protect the territory you have is peace seeking, even if you fight to protect it.
    And they very well can be written as strong and capable race even if they dont go around conquering things and just cut off heads and other body parts of those who enters their land.

I mean the whole concept of Moonwells works because elune blesses them.
    Anyone who played war3 knows how critical they are.

Also the NE are able to regenerate during the night and females are able to shadowmeld (in war3) because of elunes blessing.
    Various units have upgrades that boost their performance that is directly blessed/granted by elune (NE in war3).

Obviously the entire priesthood of elune has their powers just because elune grants them her power.
    Also unlike Hakkar or some other deity i do not think that Elune needs anything from the NE or requires anything from NE.
    She just has a.... thing for them.

Sadly Daloser and his team of idiots have annihilated the lore in the few years they have been in control.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    I mean the whole concept of Moonwells works because elune blesses them.
    Anyone who played war3 knows how critical they are.

Also the NE are able to regenerate during the night and females are able to shadowmeld (in war3) because of elunes blessing.
    Various units have upgrades that boost their performance that is directly blessed/granted by elune (NE in war3).

Obviously the entire priesthood of elune has their powers just because elune grants them her power.
    Also unlike Hakkar or some other deity i do not think that Elune needs anything from the NE or requires anything from NE.
    She just has a.... thing for them.

Sadly Daloser and his team of idiots have annihilated the lore in the few years they have been in control.
    So far we have seen that night elfs maintain those powers even when literally undead and actively forsaking Elune... So it may have all being a "racial/DNA" ability rather then a blessing.