Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post

It seems like most of your concerns are about where you’ve lost interest. Why call for it to end when there are people who can still be won back? Why not just leave without demanding an end to it entirely?
    Not demanding anything, its a suggestion. Demands are more direct. This is an MMO forum I would be silly to make demands here. Also I can still be won back. And I suggested a complete overhaul and reset in my post. Guess you missed that part try reading past the first paragraph

Ending the game was one of two of my suggestions.
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-07-03 at 08:08 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    For me it is simple. I want 5 things.

1. Blizzard becomes independent from Activision.
    2. Everyone, even the goddamn janitor of Blizzard HQ making a statement swearing on the life of their favorite relative that they wanted to do better but Activision forced them to cut corners.
    3. New expansion
    4. Fire everyone involved with features that suggest their statement from point 2 was a lie.
    5. Relaunch.

A little vague. Why is the game pay-to-win? Save for boosting, it seems like the important stuff is fine. How do you propose making an alternative to timegating? Hasn’t flying always been gated, just with gold and training? If you mean just from .0, I agree.

Finally, the last comment is vague. Which systems are bad and why?

- - - Updated - - -

It seems like most of your concerns are about where you’ve lost interest. Why call for it to end when there are people who can still be won back? Why not just leave without demanding an end to it entirely?
    Yes flying and training cost money, but honestly one of the most rewarding thing for me in classic tbc was farming for my 280 speed mount. I know it seems mediocre, but It is one of the most rewarding feelings I've had. One is the random conduit upgrades, spend time for disappointment. Pay to win just because I can pay for the best gear in the game with a mouse click and a 3 digit security pin. And yes it's vague because I feel like everything in the game has the same concept as explained above. This new patch having to recraft legendaries you already did, if you want a socket you have to remake legendaries. Shard bonuses tied to one gear piece with no Master Loot, just a lot of little things that give me no desire to play. I am playing classic and most likely will through classic wotlk. I also have 2 kids a wife and job so my perspective on time is different than others, that's just my reasoning why I won't resub or even buy another retail xpansion

Quote Originally Posted by Unlockmyhrt View Post
    Yes flying and training cost money, but honestly one of the most rewarding thing for me in classic tbc was farming for my 280 speed mount. I know it seems mediocre, but It is one of the most rewarding feelings I've had. One is the random conduit upgrades, spend time for disappointment. Pay to win just because I can pay for the best gear in the game with a mouse click and a 3 digit security pin. And yes it's vague because I feel like everything in the game has the same concept as explained above. This new patch having to recraft legendaries you already did, if you want a socket you have to remake legendaries. Shard bonuses tied to one gear piece with no Master Loot, just a lot of little things that give me no desire to play. I am playing classic and most likely will through classic wotlk. I also have 2 kids a wife and job so my perspective on time is different than others, that's just my reasoning why I won't resub or even buy another retail xpansion
    Sensible and agreed on flying. Disagreed on pay-to-win—you can buy good gear with token money, but it is only a minor boost and the best gear can’t usually be bought iirc, it comes from raiding or pvp. Sensible with the rest on a personal level. Thank you for explaining.

Sensible and agreed on flying. Disagreed on pay-to-win—you can buy good gear with token money, but it is only a minor boost and the best gear can’t usually be bought iirc, it comes from raiding or pvp. Sensible with the rest on a personal level. Thank you for explaining.
    When I was referring to pay 2 win, I meant paying for mythic raid boosts and gear funnel, sorry for not explaining.. you can do all that with token money. Or let's say even for heroic raid loot funneling for gear to start mythic raiding or Glad, OFC IMO why would you even play the game if you did that. I think for me the fact that it just exists in the game bothers me. Maybe that's the boomer in me

Quote Originally Posted by Unlockmyhrt View Post
    When I was referring to pay 2 win, I meant paying for mythic raid boosts and gear funnel, sorry for not explaining.. you can do all that with token money. Or let's say even for heroic raid loot funneling for gear to start mythic raiding or Glad, OFC IMO why would you even play the game if you did that. I think for me the fact that it just exists in the game bothers me. Maybe that's the boomer in me
    Sensible enough. I see what you mean.

Make it simpler. I sometimes come back and there are 16 storylines to follow, which you can't do all at once but need time in between, there are different zones with different goals, 60 new currencies, 10 new reputations and friendships and now covenants, all with their own rewards, quests, currencies, etc. Areas that are locked/time-gated (the Maw?), that stuf with all the floors, but there are different versions, wings, quests in there? It's just too much to get back to.

Quote Originally Posted by starstationprofm View Post
    Havoc Demon Hunter, my main, has been dogshit the entire expansion.

Making it not shit would be a start.
    They have buffed DH nearly every single patch since launch (including 9.1). It is easily one of the most powerful specs in the game and was exceptionally powerful on the hardest encounter in the last tier, Sire D. What else do you want? lol

There are just too many things to grind in the game. It feels like it's trying to waste my time intentionally. I gave up mid Shadowlands (My Paladin was level 56) and was curious about 9.1 and saw some people talk about multiple new resources to grind out and by this point I was already playing FF14 so I just stuck with that.

I'm also not a big fan of how the story is sliced into pieces and given to us for about 2 hours every week for 3 months.
    Last edited by Drindorai; 2021-07-03 at 08:37 PM.

1) Nostalgia... but probably wont stick around for long
    2) WoW 2, complete rework of everything, getting rid of "catch up". The main reason I quit was because nothing is worth doing and waiting will eventually get you the reward too.
    3) Classic Plus with old school philosophy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    So you log in once a week to clear the raids and that's it? That's what you want? The proper mmo experience?
    What if yes? I could do that but there's much to do in heroics still and when I'm done I can roll an alt to replay stuff or just keep raidlogging without losing out on anything. That's freedom mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    What if yes? I could do that but there's much to do in heroics still and when I'm done I can roll an alt to replay stuff or just keep raidlogging without losing out on anything. That's freedom mate.
    Are you willing to admit that there's a possibility that a large part of the current game's playerbase does not like the concept of raid logging? Blizzard already tried to make raiding the only thing to do in the game with WoD...look how that turned out.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    What's stopping you to do exactly that in SL? So you can enjoy the proper mmo experience there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Benchwarmers898 View Post
    And in this thread we have found that one asshole who has to come in here and troll with this useless comments/opinions about the subject, I hope everyone just ignores him so he will kindly piss off to his cave.
    I mean I'm not the one sitting all day on forums of a game I despise, so this whole thread and your circlejerk of negative Nancie's is the real troll here.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Tracers backstory involves her girlfriend, Emily. You seem to want some kind of “reason” that they gave her a girlfriend instead of a boyfriend as though there needs to be some kind of reason beyond “she’s gay”.

I don’t think you understand how your approach to these things treats these groups of people as aberrations that need to be justified.
    here i was hoping for a discussion and not a blind blame session... since it's clear you don't bother to read what i write, let me be frank. i completely agree with you. i don't think people be should care. but that doesn't make for good writing. but anyways, since you don't bother to read and just lump me in with bigots, i'm done here.

A thing that would make me come back to retail and keep me there would be beautiful zones with a lot of nature and arcitecture that isn't too "otherworldly". I think SL is a great expansion in many ways, but I really dislike the looks of the zones.

I loved Legion for many reasons, but one of them was without a doubt the beauty of the first five zones. I could wander in them for weeks or months and still take in some new part of them that I hadn't noticed before. Same thing with BfA, Cata (You can probably figure out why it's one of my favourites), MoP and WotLK.

I'm not sure it even fits with an MMO anymore though. Perhaps I need to go back to Skyrim and AC Valhalla/Odyssey to satisfy this need to explore I probably also outgrew MMO's as well.

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    here i was hoping for a discussion and not a blind blame session... since it's clear you don't bother to read what i write, let me be frank. i completely agree with you. i don't think people be should care. but that doesn't make for good writing. but anyways, since you don't bother to read and just lump me in with bigots, i'm done here.
    Your point is bad and illogical. End of story. Whining is not a replacement for a coherent point. A character can simply be incidentally LGBTQ+. It doesn’t have to be narratively justified anymore than eye color does. It doesn’t have to be narratively justified anymore than being straight does.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    This is bait and you know it.

The topic is about written characters, yknow fictional devices for story telling. Example, a story about a young man being sent to private all male schools has a different context and setting, and challenges for the character when suddenly the protagonist is interested in males, as opposed to the majority of his peers whom are hetero.
    The character's emotional journey, and strength of character developed is influenced by the context here.

That's what he means by giving the character's Gay-ness a purpose, within the story. Not some IRL implication about anyone being aberrations.
    Their gayness does not need to have a purpose. You are describing bad writing. It is bad writing to insist that every quality of a character needs to play a significant narrative purpose.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    Basically return to a WotLK-MoP core design, ditching *all* of these superfluous, currency and grind-driven systems we've suffered since Legion. No Torghast, no artifacts, no random legendaries, no mandatory personal loot, no weekly Renown or Soul Ash requirements. Just some dungeons, some raids, some casual content a la Timeless Isle, and good core design of classes and loot.

That will almost certainly never happen. Ion and his team will continue pushing metric-driven grindy bullshit and timegating their pitiful storytelling to oblivion, because no one seems to want to hold them accountable.
    Thats what Ive been saying, WOTLK was the best era in terms of how gearing, progression and content worked:

Theres solid reasons this had such a good foundation:

Raiding:
    You were not restricted to a specific raid you had multiple options of content until the patches and even the patch content like ulduar could still be relevent even during ICC.

Dungeons:
    Heroics were hard enough they had a challenge, but accessable enough they were reachable.

Valor:
    Grinding resources for a guarneteed piece of loot was way more satisfying than RNG based loot progression.

Open World:
    Craptonnes of daily quests across multiple zones to do, tabard reputation for factions if you wanted to continue grinding rep in dungeons.

PvP:
    Arena was in a good place, rated BG's were introduced and we had Wintergrasp, imho, the best open world pvp zone ever added, even including a pvp raid which had progressive gearing.

End Game:
    Solid long term progression, no stupid arbitary artifact power grind, you just did -content- in general, with plenty of it to choose from, from hardcore raiding to casual raiding, from hardcore open world to casual open world, from hardcore pvp, to casual pvp.

The trial of the crusader, the tournament grounds, retaking ICC.

There was -alot- to do and it was all, accessable.

The key thing there is accessability, the best expansions wow had were the ones that did NOT focus on Mythic raiding or "Hardcore" content, they were the content that was accessable and fillery, things that felt trivial, yet interesting.

And that, was what made old wow, feel good it was a world of possiblities, not a series of menial chores by the end.

1) The restoration of Demonology Warlock (MoP edition)
    2) Enforcement (bans) of botting / GDKP / any form of boosting / carries against gold.
    3) Faster content (extra difficulties =/= content).
    4) LFD in Classic

hire directers that actually know what they are doing. Steve danuser and such might be a good manager but horrible at creating lore.

1: Lore should be handled by those who actually did won an award and make it so that you have multiple creative directors so that they can brainstorm together, ask feedback to one another.

2: Dont know who does the rotations, but that one needs to leave aswell, we got the same rotations for 5 - 10 years depending the class or spec.

3: The zone look nice and very smooth, but they arent that much creative when it comes to the zone itself, ardenweald is the best of the zone they ever made and its a normal zone compared to todays game society.

4: The quest designer need to leave NOW, every quest, from side to mainquest are boring and not engaging at all.

5: The gear looks ridicolous and looks like a child drawing.

6: Dungouns and raids arent imaginative, never saw a raid where i thought: OMG this really looks nice.

7: Soundtrack, some are nice to listen but most of them are just old ones that are changed a little bit. When I fight a raidboss, I want to get hyped or when I do the dungoun the soundtrack needs to be catchy according the dungoun scene.

8: Remove the borrowspel that you get and loss at each expansion, Legion/BFA/Shadowlands.

9: Make dungoun and raid encounters which make you get hyped up and for the love of god lower down the trash and make it so that there is a portal from entrance to whatever boss you are at now. We dont want to run a marathon.

10: Can mages use the staff as a a magic staff and not as a bonk staff?

Well this is what i came up with on the spot, could give alot more points if i thought more about but you get the gist.