10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    We are what? 2 cents higher?
    Off by a factor of 10. We are ~$0.20 higher than the highest point in 2019.

Since some conservatives/trumpers are blaming Biden for higher gas prices, does that mean they'll sing his praises if prices go down?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Off by a factor of 10. We are ~$0.20 higher than the highest point in 2019.
    And it's almost certainly due to the ongoing economic recovery from COVID, so I'm not sure why it's all that interesting here. It was up 50 cents during the first 2+ years of Trump's presidency, so the fact that its post-COVID recovery has it up another 20 cents from that mark in the following 2+ years is not terribly surprising, especially given the circumstances.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    And it's almost certainly due to the ongoing economic recovery from COVID, so I'm not sure why it's all that interesting here. It was up 50 cents during the first 2+ years of Trump's presidency, so the fact that its post-COVID recovery has it up another 20 cents from that mark in the following 2+ years is not terribly surprising, especially given the circumstances.
    It is caused by the increased in demand plus OPEC+'s inability to come to an agreement to increase production (and US frackers not wanting to spend too much to increase production).

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    We are what? 2 cents higher?
    More than $1 per gallon higher here. (not blaming Biden)
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    President Biden changed the culture from we'll do whatever it takes to protect people from being vaccinated to getting quite a large percentage of the country vaccinated.
    There is that. It is comforting to have someone in the White House willing to let medicine, science and logic lead when there's a lethal outbreak, rather than conspiracy theories, huffing bleach and blaming the Chinese for doing this on an election year.

- - - Updated - - -

It's about 20 cents.

Wow, would you look at that graph? Trump got elected in 2016 and gas prices immediately went up. In fact, they went up to basically three dollars/gallon and stayed there for some time.

I'm sure the people who are angry at Biden for high gas prices also criticized Trump for high gas prices when he raised them through 2018. I'm sure such people even have posts of their own, where they blamed Trump for high gas prices. If they didn't, they'd be sexually identifying as "hypocrite" and their pearl clutching could be handwaved.

24 hours, the usual time, for any such posters to find their complaints about Trump's high gas prices. Failure to do so wil be admission of hypocrisy. Failure to even try will be admission of cowardice, because they know they didn't criticize Trump for high gas prices, are just making noise to blame Biden, and they know their faux outrage is meaningless. Even to them. God, that must be so sad for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    There is that. It is comforting to have someone in the White House willing to let medicine, science and logic lead when there's a lethal outbreak, rather than conspiracy theories, huffing bleach and blaming the Chinese for doing this on an election year.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, would you look at that graph? Trump got elected in 2016 and gas prices immediately went up. In fact, they went up to basically three dollars/gallon and stayed there for some time.

I'm sure the people who are angry at Biden for high gas prices also criticized Trump for high gas prices when he raised them through 2018. I'm sure such people even have posts of their own, where they blamed Trump for high gas prices. If they didn't, they'd be sexually identifying as "hypocrite" and their pearl clutching could be handwaved.

24 hours, the usual time, for any such posters to find their complaints about Trump's high gas prices. Failure to do so wil be admission of hypocrisy. Failure to even try will be admission of cowardice, because they know they didn't criticize Trump for high gas prices, are just making noise to blame Biden, and they know their faux outrage is meaningless. Even to them. God, that must be so sad for them.
    Correcting someone who made a wrong statement (that gas is not more expensive now than under Trump) is not attacking Biden nor is it supporting Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Correcting someone who
    Oh hey, Kellhound. Didn't see you there. Tell me, have you found the post where you blamed Trump for high gas prices yet? Otherwise, this post of yours might as well be white noise. Surely you have one?

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh hey, Kellhound. Didn't see you there. Tell me, have you found the post where you blamed Trump for high gas prices yet? Otherwise, this post of yours might as well be white noise. Surely you have one?
    Oh hey, I never made a post blaming Biden for high gas prices, but I am not surprised you ignored the post already pointed that out. Seems you love to jump to conclusions, don't you?

Either prove I blamed Biden for gas prices or admit you were talking out your butt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh hey, I never
    Kellhound I can't help but notice you didn't point out where you blamed Trump for higher gas prices, like you did with Biden on the previous page. Until that happens, pretty much everything else you say on the topic is irrelevant, as it would appear to be coming from a disingenuous position. Which I'm sure you don't want to portray. Perhaps this was an oversight. You stil have 22 hours and change left, so that should be plenty of time. I mean, you don't want people thinking you're a hypocrite or disingenuous poster, do you?

I'll give you a hint: you should start around 2018 and stop when gas prices started dropping, which in turn is about when Trump was more or certain to lose a fair election. That's 18 months or so to look through.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kellhound I can't help but notice you didn't point out where you blamed Trump for higher gas prices, like you did with Biden on the previous page. Until that happens, pretty much everything else you say on the topic is irrelevant, as it would appear to be coming from a disingenuous position. Which I'm sure you don't want to portray. Perhaps this was an oversight. You stil have 22 hours and change left, so that should be plenty of time. I mean, you don't want people thinking you're a hypocrite or disingenuous poster, do you?

I'll give you a hint: you should start around 2018 and stop when gas prices started dropping, which in turn is about when Trump was more or certain to lose a fair election. That's 18 months or so to look through.
    I never blamed Trump and I never blamed Biden!
    QUOTE ME EXACTLY WHERE I BLAMED BIDEN FOR GAS PRICES OR ADMIT YOU ARE TALKING OUT OF YOUR ASS!!!!

I will wager deleting my account vs you deleting your account that you cannot prove with a direct quote that I blamed Biden for the price of gas on the previous page as you have libelously accused me of.
    Last edited by Kellhound; 2021-07-04 at 07:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Kellhound didn’t blame Biden for the gas prices.
    Yeah based purely on his post history, I don't believe he came to the Biden/Harris thread to point out high gas prices as an unrelated coincidence. He still has 16 hours or so.

If done properly you get countries that are stable and lack overall aggressive feelings against those that rebuilt them.
    Iraq and Afghanistan aggressive feelings were towards their neighbors, Iraq crucially was a balancing force for Iran their downfall was to our detriment. Vietnam had no aggressive feelings the invasion was driven by falsities. If you want to invade because of "aggressive feelings", you are basically advocating for WW3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Iraq and Afghanistan aggressive feelings were towards their neighbors, Iraq crucially was a balancing force for Iran their downfall was to our detriment. Vietnam had no aggressive feelings the invasion was driven by falsities. If you want to invade because of "aggressive feelings", you are basically advocating for WW3.
    You are totally missing the point, and of base as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah based purely on his post history, I don't believe he came to the Biden/Harris thread to point out high gas prices as an unrelated coincidence. He still has 16 hours or so.
    I see you refuse to quote where I said I blamed Biden and I see you have not accepted my challenge.
    I corrected a blatantly false statement in a totally neutral manner. It is not my problem that you cannot accept it.

Now please do the honorable thing and admit you are wrong and delete your account.

You are totally missing the point, and of base as well.
    Then elaborate because aggressiveness could mean any country. It's not a high bar for killing people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then elaborate because aggressiveness could mean any country. It's not a high bar for killing people.
    It is a POST state actor war action.

It is a POST state actor war action.
    That didn't answer the question I originally asked which is what would the American people get out of this? you are advocating for tens of trillions of dollars of spending.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Since some conservatives/trumpers are blaming Biden for higher gas prices, does that mean they'll sing his praises if prices go down?
    nah he will be blamed for killing big oil as they cut jobs and production....

- - - Updated - - -

It is caused by the increased in demand plus OPEC+'s inability to come to an agreement to increase production (and US frackers not wanting to spend too much to increase production).
    frackers have way to much debt and can't really afford to do anything at this point but wait for someone to buy them out if at all.
    OPEC basically did what they planned, fuck with fracking till its dead

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, prices haven't been this high since 2014 (per the EIA).
    It's about 20 cents.
    Well technically.....

2.97 in 2018 x 7.15% inflation since then (https://www.in2013dollars.com/us/inf.../2018?amount=1) = $3.18

vs 3.157 (https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/Le...te_nus_dpg&f=m)

might be a relative tie if you figure it was only half of 2018 inflation.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    That didn't answer the question I originally asked which is what would the American people get out of this? you are advocating for tens of trillions of dollars of spending.
    If done correctly it would not cost tens of trillions. You get stable non hostile countries.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    nah he will be blamed for killing big oil as they cut jobs and production....

- - - Updated - - -

frackers have way to much debt and can't really afford to do anything at this point but wait for someone to buy them out if at all.
    OPEC basically did what they planned, fuck with fracking till its dead

- - - Updated - - -

Well technically.....

2.97 in 2018 x 7.15% inflation since then (https://www.in2013dollars.com/us/inf.../2018?amount=1) = $3.18

vs 3.157 (https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/Le...te_nus_dpg&f=m)

might be a relative tie if you figure it was only half of 2018 inflation.
    Frackers are unwilling to go into significant debt for fear that Saudi Arabia will cause another price crash.

Had I said "Gas has never been this high, relatively." you would have a case, but it was a simple "gas has never been this high" against the simple statement "gas was higher under Trump".

If done correctly it would not cost tens of trillions. You get stable non hostile countries.
    You know you are advocating for colonization right?