Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    With Blizzard's lead product manager calling Asmongold an asshole on Twitter last night I expect even more people are going to jump ship.
    That’s a huge yikes, and another reason I don’t have Twitter. Probably not smart to call the guy that is like the Tom Brady (fame) of WoW an asshole.
    Last edited by muto; 2021-07-04 at 10:38 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post

Compare to the WoW community where we can say x sucks and players will say “yeah it does” but saying x sucks on ff forums will have you practically doxxed and banned in shame
    Pretty sure we could find several instances just in this thread claiming that people hating WoW are just jumping on the bandwagon and don't have a legit reason to do so. Generalizing about communities with several million member will make you look very stupid very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    That’s a huge yikes, and another reason I don’t have Twitter.
    The WoW teams every interaction with the community outside of PR interviews, is usually via toxic interactions on Twitter. This isn’t the first or last time they’ve openly insulted and cried about their own community.

They had a dev last week come out and say that she cries at night cuz we say they don’t care boohoo, well, put up or shut up. When you care about a product, it shows. It’s why the WoW devs are so out of touch that they are practically principal skinner now “am I so out of touch? No it’s the gamers who are wrong” while FF devs are so in tune with the pulse of their community they can tell you it’s damn heart rate

It was an experiment and nothing more but you wouldn’t even do that. My only point was to prove that FF community can be just as toxic as wows just in a defensive manner.

If you dislike anything about FF, you will be eviscerated by the community even if you love the game.

The ff community desperately needs thicker skin is my only point. If people insult the game, let them. Who cares?

Compare to the WoW community where we can say x sucks and players will say “yeah it does” but saying x sucks on ff forums will have you practically doxxed and banned in shame
    So you would be ok if somebody was standing in the store and say constantly "THIS STORE SUCKS!!!!111". Would that make better or worse shopping experience? Would you rather have the crew handle him or just let him yell?

I dont believe your "experiment" holds any merits. And i dont agree with your conclusion about ff community. You are very, very biased.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I don't think he is a messiah....and ...yeah " no game is perfect and taste exists" (among other things) is the message of the video (among others) - and it fits this bloody thread.

So...I guess...thanks for agreeing...or what?
    I just did not see the point of putting video that can be summed in few words :P But thats my take

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Pretty sure we could find several instances just in this thread claiming that people hating WoW are just jumping on the bandwagon and don't have a legit reason to do so. Generalizing about communities with several million member will make you look very stupid very quickly.
    100% and I’ve called that out too but both things can be true. And ofc that isn’t 100% of either community, but you can’t really deny either truth without being in denial. WoW community is more openly toxic, ff community more defensively toxic. Ff community needs thicker skin.

To be fair, neither community have any bearing on the quality of either title currently.. that’s on the devs and ff devs are delivering and know what the people want. They have direction. Wow feels rudderless by comparison

Quote Originally Posted by lb View Post
    Really - damn - that sucks if true. Quote please ...
    Another Twitter user was asking others to drive Asmongold away from Final Fantasy 14, and Adam Holisky replied "That guy is an asshole":

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    So you would be ok if somebody was standing in the store and say constantly "THIS STORE SUCKS!!!!111". Would that make better or worse shopping experience? Would you rather have the crew handle him or just let him yell?

I dont believe your "experiment" holds any merits. And i dont agree with your conclusion about ff community. You are very, very biased.

- - - Updated - - -

I just did not see the point of putting video that can be summed in few words :P But thats my take
    My experiment is so valid you are afraid to see it for yourself. Just try it and see on a throw away character. The ff community has an ugly side underneath it’s surface that’s far more vitriolic than you think. It’s downright nasty

As for your bad store analogy, have you been to wal mart?!

It’s more comparable to logging into WoW and saying “lfr sucks” in trade and seeing what they say.

It baffles me the amount of influence this YouTube nobody is having on people....

Guys, think on your own, stop following trendy people online. You have a brain you can use to take your own decisions, you don't need someone to tell you what you like. It feels like you guys are in some kind of cult when you do just that.

hold on, people don't think asmongold is an asshole?

Kids an asshole. What's wrong in saying that?

My experiment is so valid you are afraid to see it for yourself. Just try it and see on a throw away character. The ff community has an ugly side underneath it’s surface that’s far more vitriolic than you think. It’s downright nasty

As for your bad store analogy, have you been to wal mart?!

It’s more comparable to logging into WoW and saying “lfr sucks” in trade and seeing what they say.
    I have never been in walmart, they dont have those in Europe or i was just unlucky to find them.

Your experiment is not valid. It is being that guy at the store and when approached by customers saying "shut the fuck up asshole" would point and say "im being repressed!!!!11".

You act like a dick, you get threated like a dick.

You also did not answer my questions about the store experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    I am sure blizzard does not support or condone "anorexia" and outfits most certainly don't suggest someone be it a game figure or otherwise can be deemed "sluts" based on what they wear. Seriously mate, its 2021 the world is past judging others on looks and appearances.
    Ha, you almost got an serious answer out of me.
    7/10

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Okay. You don't like the art style so all the people liking it don't actually like it, they are just milking the hate bandwagon. Dunno what will kill you first. Hurting your muscles from all the mental gymnastics or overdosing on copium.
    Yep. I think they are fake, cause I saw it many times before. WoW haters always look for some messiah that will kill retail or free them from addiction and youtubers know where wind blows. Few years ago it was BDO, around Vanilla/TBC launches it was Classic. Turned out people are quickly bored with TBC, so it's FF now.

As I said, I WANT FF to become big competition for WoW, but it's clear for me that most youtubers use it as tool to bash WoW. As always.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Both MMOs have their strengths and weaknesses, why can't people just enjoy both lol
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    I have never been in walmart, they dont have those in Europe or i was just unlucky to find them.

Your experiment is not valid. It is being that guy at the store and when approached by customers saying "shut the fuck up asshole" would point and say "im being repressed!!!!11".

You act like a dick, you get threated like a dick.

You also did not answer my questions about the store experience.
    If saying “I don’t like X” about a game is being a jerk, we have very different definitions.

And trust me, in America if someone is yelling in the store, they either have good reason or I’m grateful he doesn’t turn it into a shooting gallery.

We have a saying in America, the customer is ALWAYS right. Always.

With Blizzard's lead product manager calling Asmongold an asshole on Twitter last night I expect even more people are going to jump ship.
    He's not wrong though. Wish Asmongokd would fuck off and take his followers with him

Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    It baffles me the amount of influence this YouTube nobody is having on people....

Guys, think on your own, stop following trendy people online. You have a brain you can use to take your own decisions, you don't need someone to tell you what you like. It feels like you guys are in some kind of cult when you do just that.
    Well he has more to say in wow and about running multimilion dolar buisness that most on those forums :P He is not nobody, but certainly he is not universally liked. His opinion has weight that average user cant even dream off. The only dumb people are his followers, and i use that term deliberate. Mindless drones are bad no matter who they worship.

Being a devil advocate - why should people listen to your advice? :P They can or they cant make decisions themselves? :P

Another Twitter user was asking others to drive Asmongold away from Final Fantasy 14, and Adam Holisky replied "That guy is an asshole":
    Ironically these FFXIV players are behaving in the same way as the spergs they're trying to protect the game from.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    Both MMOs have their strengths and weaknesses, why can't people just enjoy both lol
    This. Every mmorpg out there has something to offer, even age of Conan. One should try and experience all the mmorpgs so that you can really appreciate your favorite all the more

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aesahaettr View Post
    He's not wrong though. Wish Asmongokd would fuck off and take his followers with him
    Do you really love ff if you don’t want it to grow significantly? There’s only one correct answer to that question

This is what I meant by the WoW team doesn’t care so why should I? The ff team welcomed him with open arms.

Asmongold has been open he doesn’t want to leave WoW for ff, but the devs seem to want to push the players out of WoW

This current team in charge of WoW is such a massive downgrade from the original WoW teams. Is it any wonder people would rather play a game where the devs are passionate and it shows?
    Asmongold singlehandedly made WoW Classic the most watched game on Twitch during release. It's that Blizzard can't afford him otherwise they would do well to hire him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    Asmongold singlehandedly made WoW Classic the most watched game on Twitch during release. It's that Blizzard can't afford him otherwise they would do well to hire him.
    Hire him for what?