Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Anyone who doesn't anticipate lag when a huge influx of players are trying to do the same thing at the same time is delusional at this point.

Then again, according to my experience. What lag?
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2021-06-30 at 11:45 AM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Yes - they absolutely should have the capacity to accommodate for a "worst case scenario", especially one that is absolutely going to happen, and they even know WHEN its going to happen. How is this even up for debate in your mind? How is it acceptable to release content no one can play, just because at some stage they will be able to play it?

You are desperately trying to make this sound like some unforeseen circumstance that caught them off guard, and you also make the assumption it will be fixed within 4 hours. Ever been in a zone and had the entire fucking zone lag out for minutes at a time because the world boss is up? That has been going on forever and they havnt fixed it. Is that just another example of "yeah, but its not ALL the time, just leave the zone and play somewhere else! cant expect it to run perfectly all the time!"
    People have pled it with no problems. And this is spoken like someone who has never programmed or done networking a day in his life. It is not cost effective to create capacity that you are only going to need for one day. It isn't that it is unforseen, They know it might happen. They just aren't going to spend money that they do not need to because unless you are a psychic, you will not know how many people are going to play at one time meaning they could increase capacity and stil have lag anyway. Hell, they even point out in the TOS that you aren't guaranteed perfect service 24/7. What amazes me is that players know there is going to be lag and that it will smooth out in the first couple of days, but insist on playing day one anyway and then rage on the forums about what they knew was already going to happen.

The player entitlement here gets worse with time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Anyone who doesn't anticipate lag when a huge influx of players are trying to do the same thing at the same time is delusional at this point.
    Then again, according to my experience. What lag?
    They also don't know how networking and servers work either.

Also, same here what lag? I completed the scenario without any.

8 months of subscription fees for this. GG, no REfund.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Seriously its DAY ONE...ya'll take the day off and act SO DAMNED surprised every fucking time.
    OMG right?? like seriously its just a beta. They'll patch it. 9.2 will fix it. These hater trolls are just being unfair to the little guy Activision Blizzard!

It worked fine on first toon for me. The second one fell off the mount at the start of the scenario but that was the only thing I ran into.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    8 months of subscription fees for this. GG, no REfund.
    Read the terms of service. YOu aren't guarnateed a 100% perfect experience.

maybe next time domt cheap out when building your computer and ordering your internet

Toughed it out till the part where you shoot down flyers from a vehicle, 10 mins of spamming my button and 1/30 progress, yeah we will pick that up later. I'm sure it's fine this morning.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    maybe next time domt cheap out when building your computer and ordering your internet
    Lol, right cause this is all client side.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    Guess so. Curious how I've never heard of them having laggy servers. Either they're good at covering it up, or they genuinely don't experience that!

Even if I resub now, it wouldn't matter initially. My Hunter is still level 58 so this "Battle for Ardenweald" is a bit of a ways off for me anyway.
    Well there were stuff like Raubahn savage when Stormblood was released, but that was one solo scenario during expansion launch with entire servers clicking on the same NPC.

But yeah when you get as far as your 9.1 patch, you should be fucking ready to tackle high players numbers.

Your entire "argument" is literally "its perfectly normal for a product to not work when you FIRST use it, and its YOUR FAULT for expecting it to actually work!!!"
    Maybe one day you'll be able to read. And maybe you'll understand that it's not us with a white light (I almost never defend Blizzard) but rather you in your dark corner under a rock complaining about the outside world. Oddly enough, it all does work exactly as intended. There was some unforeseen circumstances 100% out of Blizzard's control in the first place affecting their product that eased over time. Again, you're blaming traffic on the freeway on the city instead of considering that maybe there's just a lot of people driving at the same time during set periods of the day.

Black Friday is anticipated every year. Why are all stores still so chaotic? They should have that under control by now! It's not even new!!!!! /s

Oddly enough, the content is been 100% playable and functional as of about 4 hours after the servers came up. For you to still even be complaining about this makes it sound like you have your own problems to figure out that no one else is even experiencing. So by "unplayable for many people" you mean unplayable for yourself and no one else. You make it seem like you're not actually subbed to the game and you're over here complaining about problems that became memes but have been over since basically the beginning. Doesn't make the meme less funny, but it does point out people who complain about nothing over problems that are literally not present.

Yeah, zero lag and TGV worked like a charm.

Flawless patch day here. Thank you NA servers for testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zentail View Post
    So by "unplayable for many people" you mean unplayable for yourself and no one else.
    Do you make this same claim to the other countless people experiencing identical issues? Do you think everyone else experiencing identical issues is lying?

You typed a LOT of words to defend Blizzards terrible and unacceptable handling of this patch, and ignore other issues like having to completely disable the Great Vault due to it giving out incorrect loot, or the complete fuckup with the season end. This is beginner dev stuff, not something you expect from a company who has been running the same game for close to two decades.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2021-07-02 at 12:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

This is beginner dev stuff
    And here we have the epitome of ignorance. If this is what you think, debating with you is a complete waste of time because it shows you have such a lack of knowledge on the topic to even be talking about it in the first place.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechanibull View Post
    Blizzard has been doing this long enough, that there really is no excuse for a patch to be this unplayable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    They've been phasing since WotLK, and running scenarios since I can't remember when. If they can't get it right using one of those two methods, then they don't deserve to call themselves programmers.
    "You've been a scientist for 15 years, you have been doing this long enough, there is no excuse for you to not have invented a time machine yet"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Zentail View Post
    And here we have the epitome of ignorance. If this is what you think, debating with you is a complete waste of time because it shows you have such a lack of knowledge on the topic to even be talking about it in the first place.
    Did you accidentally edit this part out?

"...ignore other issues like having to completely disable the Great Vault due to it giving out incorrect loot, or the complete fuckup with the season end."

You think those are also completely acceptable things to happen?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    "You've been a scientist for 15 years, you have been doing this long enough, there is no excuse for you to not have invented a time machine yet"
    What an absolutely TERRIBLE analogy. You want a science one? Sure, heres one: "you have been handling and testing dna samples for 20+ years mr scientist, it is completely unacceptable that you made so many mistakes on this one - you have been doing this long enough to know better".

See the difference? In your attempt at analogy the scientist is unrealistically expected to literally make a huge leap forward in human evolution and create something that has never been done before, and is arguably scientifically impossible. In reality, all we expect from Blizzard is to do the same thing they have done repeatedly for the last 20 years - its standard procedure for them, and is no way new or experimental.

This is an officer issuing a speeding ticket, but while they are doing that their car is stolen because they lift the key in the ignition and the engine running, their guns are taken, and to top it all off, they issued the ticket with multiple errors, meaning it was invalid, not saving the world from alien invasion.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2021-07-02 at 06:30 AM.
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Yes - they absolutely should have the capacity to accommodate for a "worst case scenario", especially one that is absolutely going to happen, and they even know WHEN its going to happen. How is this even up for debate in your mind? How is it acceptable to release content no one can play, just because at some stage they will be able to play it?

You are desperately trying to make this sound like some unforeseen circumstance that caught them off guard, and you also make the assumption it will be fixed within 4 hours. Ever been in a zone and had the entire fucking zone lag out for minutes at a time because the world boss is up? That has been going on forever and they havnt fixed it. Is that just another example of "yeah, but its not ALL the time, just leave the zone and play somewhere else! cant expect it to run perfectly all the time!"
    No im not. They knew this would happen. I knew this would happen. You should've known this would happen and if it would bother you you wouldnt be playing the instant everyone and their grandmothers did. You are complaining about thing that happens every time happening again, it's literally what you said. Expecting them to change for you instead of changing your own behavior is weird. Like being mad about having to queue during black friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu fhtagn View Post
    No im not. They knew this would happen. I knew this would happen. You should've known this would happen and if it would bother you you wouldnt be playing the instant everyone and their grandmothers did. You are complaining about thing that happens every time happening again, it's literally what you said. Expecting them to change for you instead of changing your own behavior is weird. Like being mad about having to queue during black friday.
    No, I said they have had some flawless launches, and were once industry leaders in this field. They CAN do it, and it frustrates me that people defend it as "this is YOUR fault for expecting them to launch the patch correctly". I just cannot get my head around that thought process: "anyone who expects to be able to use the product when it first releases is the problem - the company did nothing wrong, and even though the new content was unplayable, we completely broke the great vault and had to turn it off, totally screwed up the end of the season, and other major bugs, this is completely on YOU for expecting to be able to use the product on release day".

Everyone needs to remember that it is totally normal and acceptable to think "thats really not good enough" without thinking "omg they should be sued this is the end of the world and im all emotional and angry about this!"
    Last edited by arkanon; 2021-07-04 at 12:02 AM.

it was only laggy for me on opening day, i ran through it again on an alt a few days later and it was fine.

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    I had no issues but my gpu was 3 degrees hotter......not a blizz thing just time to dust I guess
    Your doing it wrong, you should blame Blizzard for those 3 degrees.